Garbage new event

RevivedTera

Divine Dragon/ Tiger bracelet? Anybody still upgrading that thing is sorely misinformed.

Dragonflame Jewels Accessories

Skybreak/Inheritor's Ring

Skybreak/Apex Earring

Fallen/Elevation Necklace

Divine Dragon/Tiger Bracelet

King Gloves

Horizon Belt

Edited by RevivedTera

well i think event is good...

if u want more new ppl playing game u need to help them lvl up gear....

cuz lots of ppl kick low geared players from f8

and we want to see lots of new ppl playing this game

this is fine to get your ring and earing leveled up :)

also neck from VT :)

i salute all new players, enjoy this event :)

dont let toxic players ruin your day <3

• Like 2

The problem is they're bringing back the AFK/leecher dungeon.

Rewards are fine. Not every event is for where everyone is or playstyle. They should bring back the spin the wheel for a cosmetic item event back. That was fun, but PvE-only players cried over a cosmetic.

In term of oil-gain, the event is okay.

For 5 weeks, you earn 315 tokens for Daily Challenges + Tower of Memory runs. Or 105 tokens from ToM runs only.

Each oil costs 60 tokens, so it is 5 oils and 1 oil for 5 weeks, respectively.

Assuming you are a premium players and they give you 3 extra tokens/day via Login Stamps, you can earn one extra oils on ToM-only alts by giving them 15 tokens. With 35 days, you have 105 bound-to-account tokens to throw around, which is enough for 7 ToM-only alts.

Note that the ToM can be done at lv16+. Consider how strong players have become compared to the previous dungeon, this dungeon will be cleared very fast, except for the last boss.

+++

In term of gear upgrade, it is kinda okay, though not impressive.

The event works best for players to upgrade their BT accessories, either for better performance, or for blue cruxes to use on TT accessories. Or players who have like stage 4 non-raid accessories that they want to turn into red cruxes/pvp accessories.

For five weeks, you will earn like 70 jewels. Assuming they share the same EXP value of normal Legendary Jewels, then it will save you 70 jewels to upgrade BT/VT and some eligible non-raid accessories.

The option to upgrade with polished scales/dragon tokens are extremely helpful to skip the grind of oblivion accessories for BT accessories and dragon/tiger bracelet, which is a hassle as the dungeons drop them (DT and EC) are too far outdated already, giving little gain and no longer run by most of F8 players due to not being part of daily challenges. In some cases of returning players, they have to grind even Lucent accessories, and you know the pain when it comes to playing RNG with Necropolis for Lucent Earring.

They also give you an option to transmute polished/dragon scales. The cost of transmutation is the same as a normal breakthrough, but it helps you to skip the grind of Oblivion, or Lucent stuffs.

I'm not sure how much Polished Scales/Dragon tokens will reduce if you grind it in normal way, but I hope it will be "significant" enough, like NCWest have claimed on the website. It would be the best if Polished Scales/Dragon Tokens just reduce the cost to zero, cuz the cost of transmuting these would be the same as normal breakthrough costs.

Edited by Kozuki

15 hours ago, Woah64 said:

well i think event is good...

What?? How?

This event is restricted to any new player to Blade & Soul who starts at Level 1 and works from the bottom-up to Level 60. Unless you've received the [Level 60 Voucher] for free, or you're willing to spend 60 USD for the voucher,  you can't do this event until you've reached at least Level 60 and have an approx. 800-1000 AP to be able to take on at least Sacred Longgui - Stage 1 and do Desolate Mausoleum with a party of higher-leveled players.

This event is one of the worst events for Blade & Soul due to not only how restrictive it is to new players, but how end-game players are rewarded.

if u want more new ppl playing game u need to help them lvl up gear....

That doesn't attract new players to a videogame. That's not how appealing to a player-base works...

Besides, NCSOFT made it so much easier to level up to 60 and have your starter Legendary gear, which was by making it where doing the entire campaign, from Act I to at least Act VIII, would get you to level 60 already and give you decent purple-rated gears and weapons. In fact, you get a Legendary weapon through the campaign, which many dungeons don't give anyway, so really, the only enemy of the game is whether players have enough time to fully run through the campaign to be at a point where they can get stuff done in this game.

and we want to see lots of new ppl playing this game

Yes, but you clearly don't know how to attract new players to the game. Your methods make the game easier; that doesn't mean it attracts new players.

43 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

In term of oil-gain, the event is so-so, if not underwhelming.

For 5 weeks, you earn 210 tokens for Daily Challenges + Tower of Memory runs. Or 105 tokens from ToM runs.

Isn’t it 315 tokens if you do the dungeons?  They said you get 1 chest and one jewel per dungeon quest, and if you get 3 shards per chest that would be 9 per day (each dungeon should give a chest as later in the arrival they said you can get three jewels per day through dungeons and Tom, thus both dungeons would have to give 1 jewel).  That would make this dungeon the equivalent as the second TOM event being an oil per week without the resets that TOM had in DKV.

After the last 2 events the log in bonus being three/one is kind of weak.

Edited by Nihilu

1 hour ago, Snowyamur said:

What?? How?

This event is restricted to any new player to Blade & Soul who starts at Level 1 and works from the bottom-up to Level 60. Unless you've received the [Level 60 Voucher] for free, or you're willing to spend 60 USD for the voucher,  you can't do this event until you've reached at least Level 60 and have an approx. 800-1000 AP to be able to take on at least Sacred Longgui - Stage 1 and do Desolate Mausoleum with a party of higher-leveled players.

This event is one of the worst events for Blade & Soul due to not only how restrictive it is to new players, but how end-game players are rewarded.

Tower of memory is lvl 16+

1 hour ago, Nihilu said:

Isn’t it 315 tokens if you do the dungeons?  They said you get 1 chest and one jewel per dungeon quest, and if you get 3 shards per chest that would be 9 per day (each dungeon should give a chest as later in the arrival they said you can get three jewels per day through dungeons and Tom, thus both dungeons would have to give 1 jewel).  That would make this dungeon the equivalent as the second TOM event being an oil per week without the resets that TOM had in DKV.

After the last 2 events the log in bonus being three/one is kind of weak.

Ops, sorry, I mistook between Daily Challenge rewards and dungeons that are part of daily challenges. Editting my post now.

18 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

Okay, but defeating the 1st stage of Sacred Longgui still requires a high AP ratio.

Stage 1 can be done straight out of story so not really sure what your going on about and they are talking about the new event May 15.
@RevivedTera Heaven forbid they give new players a event.
@Wataru Recruit friends for it so they don't afk / leech?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Stage 1 can be done straight out of story so not really sure what your going on about and they are talking about the new event May 15.

Oh, oops. I took the next posts from the first one made in this thread out of context. My bad.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Grimoir said:

stage 1 has like...1 mil HP....

Even so, events should be open to everyone; they shouldn't be cut off nor restricted by gear level, nor should they require to reach a certain part of the campaign to participate. While players can rush through the campaign, ignoring all cutscenes to do this Legends Reborn event, not all players are like that, and that still takes a few hours to finish Act III and get to Act IV to unlock Mushin's Tower.

53 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

Even so, events should be open to everyone; they shouldn't be cut off nor restricted by gear level, nor should they require to reach a certain part of the campaign to participate. While players can rush through the campaign, ignoring all cutscenes to do this Legends Reborn event, not all players are like that, and that still takes a few hours to finish Act III and get to Act IV to unlock Mushin's Tower.

No, there should be events for all players. In this case there were.....burning mausoleum was for the mid/ lower geared and stage 4 was for the high geared.

If we go by your strain of thought the next event shouldnt happen because it is only for the less geared players...so its not for everyone...

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

No, there should be events for all players. In this case there were.....burning mausoleum was for the mid/ lower geared and stage 4 was for the high geared.

If we go by your strain of thought the next event shouldnt happen because it is only for the less geared players...so its not for everyone...

Desolate... Desolate Mausoleum is for mid/ lower-geared players. Burning is for higher-geared. Desolate recommends R3; Burning recommends GC3.

And okay, maybe I should reword this because everything I say seems to be slightly misinterpreted:

When I say "for everyone" I mean that as a low-leveled player, I should be able to participate in an ongoing event without fear of being restricted and/ or blocked off by something. How can this happen? Make it so what the event includes gameplay-wise is something everyone can do, and make it where rewards are either beneficial for everyone, or tier-based, such that they're beneficial for the particular player.

The whole point of events is that they don't happen often and they're special. The rewards you get from them are special, what you could do in the event is special, and it's fun. The problem with the Legends Reborn event was that not every player, even new ones, could participate FULLY in the event, and the rewards were out-of-place for the event.

For higher-geared players, why would they need Octagonals? They probably have Gilded at that point if they were able to do Burning. Yes, maybe they could grind up the gems for [Hongmoon Gem Powder] and sell it on the marketplace, but really, that doesn't help them. It helps them make more gold, but adds nothing more. And the resources; why would they need them? Again, they're end-game at this point; the rewards for them are meaningless, unless they had alts., then that's different. The only reward that was meaningful were the stupid wings, but that's it.

For mid-geared players (because at this point, no one's low-geared for this event), the rewards are okay, but they can't even get most of the rewards given that it's restricted by DPS. Doing Stage 1 and Stage 2, easy; right when you get to Stage 3, it can get kind of difficult due to the health-spike. You could say it's easy; cool, not everyone's like you. Some players struggle with Stage 3, and to get another [Killcoin] they have to do Stage 3. Mid-geared players with decent 1000-1200 AP could earn at least 3 Killcoins daily, and excluding the timed rewards you get for being online, that's not much considering how pricey the rewards are in Dragon Express. Considering Burning and Stage 4-5 are the true reward markers, no mid-geared player can do either because of the sudden difficulty spike; that's the restriction. It's a restriction for tier-based rewards, which is fine, but it's a gear restriction, which isn't fine.

the upcoming event is good for new players

while people might say the tiger/dragon bracelet isn't worth since you can get divine it costs 700-800g only on the premium stones and the upgrade costs not counting the materials also you will need 1-2 months (luck based) grinding circle of sundering since most new players can't beat hong

while tiger/dragon in this event are going to be easier to upgrade since you can lower the costs on breakthroughs and buy legendary elements for 5 g with some materials

while i don't have the mats ready it sounds it's going to cost way less to get tiger to 10

new players can't just get 700 gold since they don't have 3-5 alts doing 50-100 gold a day

@Snowyamur I just wanted to point out a couple AP perspectives as you were saying 1000 - 1200 was mid gear.  Just out of story characters should have 1100 + AP now depending on luck of slots they got in there weapon, mid gear players I would say would start at 1300 and VT badge now a days.  I have a FM who I play probably less the an hour a day, haven’t given anything to from main, and she has 1300 AP, and a VT badge (bought with gold she got from Hm and CS). I got her to 60 during the blossom orb event, so at most 2 months of game play.  During that time I have mainly done DCs and Hm/CS and moon refuge daily with her.  She can easily clear stage three turtle.  

Events will always have different target audiences, the next event high gear players are “gated” out of some of the rewards because the jewels literally won’t work on the equipment we need to upgrade.  I think that is fine, give players a chance to catch up, but if there are events like soul event/this event that literally higher gear players can’t take advantage of because the reductions stop before the tier of gear they could be working on, why shouldn’t the inverse be true where there might be a gate based on gear?  As long as the “typical” event is for everyone I think variances to who can do the “special” event could be healthy, be more encouragement to work on gear other then always waiting for a reduction.

There has been tons of threads talking about if the turtle was scaled correctly tho and both sides have their points.  So I won’t push that argument again here.