What could be done, isn't done.

Sarunghakan

-Solo instances of Celestial Basin, or shorter timers for bosses. (post your alternatives, solutions here)

-01:00am dailies reset time

-Salvageable quickgrip gloves, because new patch came out, grinded for 200 and bought some hellion cores, meaninglessly. 

-DC'd, logged back in and it says "my account is still logged in", I don't know there's a problem there, but any solutions? Alternatives?

-XIGN app fix. As soon as a crash happens, why is this app still lingering on?

-Unnecessary damage-sponged bosses. What is previously a lovely, soloable dungeon (you all know that), was lengthened to a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-poor tactic.

-HM 16's and below (especially 13's) get a buff damage in higher dungeons. Or are simply unaccepted at all.

-red windwalking markers to transport said left-behind player when lag instance?

etc

2 hours ago, Sarunghakan said:

Solo instances of Celestial Basin, or shorter timers for bosses. (post your alternatives, solutions here)

For what? Its a farming area, meant for players to party together for peaches and other. Those bosses are currently the only source of evolved stones. what exactly is the problem with it?

-01:00am dailies reset time

I do not see the rest time being an issue, especially since its the same as it was since 3 years.

Salvageable quickgrip gloves, because new patch came out, grinded for 200 and bought some hellion cores, meaninglessly. 

what for? you should educate yourself and read patch notes and ask players. to me this seems like you didnt ask / read and screwed yourself over.

DC'd, logged back in and it says "my account is still logged in", I don't know there's a problem there, but any solutions? Alternatives?

This i agree, its actually a "known issue". when you DC the game stil lthinks you are logged in, gives you that message, after that you can try login again. The game doesnt instantly shut down when you close it so its a problem.

Unnecessary damage-sponged bosses. What is previously a lovely, soloable dungeon (you all know that), was lengthened to a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-poor tactic.

No clue what you mean with this.....all solo instances are still enjoyable and nothing was changed in them.

HM 16's and below (especially 13's) get a buff damage in higher dungeons. Or are simply unaccepted at all.

This isnt a game issue, if they dont get accepted they can form their own parties. No one is forced to accept someone they dont want. also there already is a damage buff in dungeons for the entire party. Buffs damage and reduces damage taken.

-red windwalking markers to transport said left-behind player when lag instance?

Again...elaborate more please.

22 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

No clue what you mean with this.....all solo instances are still enjoyable and nothing was changed in them.

I think he is referring to HM and CS.  I prefer them how they are now, aside from some rng drop for sacred oils, and rare chance at pet pods.  There wasn’t much those dungeons were giving anymore.  Now they give separate items for upgrading, that barely eat away at your other resources, and a size or gold increase.  The drops they probably didn’t want to be easily soloable so to limit the influx of said rewards (mainly hepta tickets)

6 hours ago, Sarunghakan said:

1-Solo instances of Celestial Basin, or shorter timers for bosses. (post your alternatives, solutions here)

2-01:00am dailies reset time

3-Salvageable quickgrip gloves, because new patch came out, grinded for 200 and bought some hellion cores, meaninglessly. 

4-DC'd, logged back in and it says "my account is still logged in", I don't know there's a problem there, but any solutions? Alternatives?

5-XIGN app fix. As soon as a crash happens, why is this app still lingering on?

6-Unnecessary damage-sponged bosses. What is previously a lovely, soloable dungeon (you all know that), was lengthened to a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-poor tactic.

7-HM 16's and below (especially 13's) get a buff damage in higher dungeons. Or are simply unaccepted at all.

8-red windwalking markers to transport said left-behind player when lag instance?

9-etc

1. I agree that we could use a small buff to peaches earned, and that the peach vendor should update it's offerings. But the updates here should be minimal since this is mostly an area for people just starting out, if I understand it correctly. I don't think it's really meant to support the needs of an HM 21 with TT gear. Basin already has several solo-soloable instances. Maybe rework them into dailies that grant a set amount of peaches when completed, just like how regular dungeons reward boxes and consumables.

2. Some may have problem with the current reset hour, but that's sadly how it is. Change it to another hour and another group will have problems.

3. Not gonna comment on that because I didn't deal with this item.

4. Xigncode lingers for more than a minute after closing your game. I have no idea why it does this nor why the devs left it as is.

5. Same as above.

6. I have no problems with the updates to HM and CS. I DO have problems with what they did with the old orbs.

7. If you divide the dungeons in star tiers as the daily challenge does, you should be able to identify at what gear and player experience level a character can enter this or that dungeon. HM13's with starter gear should be able to do up to Ebondrake Lair with only some minor updates to their gear (complete raven shield, bracelet and mystic badge from blue quests and refuge). These dungeons require only basic knowledge of your class and how to maintain some dps. You shouldn't be trying to get a lower geared player into a higher tier dungeon anyway unless the rest of the party accepts it because it hampers their dps. As for what to buff. If you do your dailies, you get friendship charms that buff some stats when used. You can also get lucky dumplings for extra stats from any crafting guild (guild supplies), or get an alto into the Acquired Taste guild and make the much better spicy dumplings.

8. I already wish for infinite windwalking everywhere in this game. More ready to use windstride points inside dungeons could be a blessing too, so people entering late could jump into last unlocked area to join the others instead of having to run from the door. These could also be shown on the map.

9 "etc" we need more actual bug and optimization fixes.

In general, yeah, this game could have a few more QoL things. Some easier to implement than others. And some more agreed upon by players than others.

On 09/05/2019 at 1:25 PM, Sarunghakan said:

not sure if everyone knows this or if bns devs knows this but XIGNCODE3 is a dropped project and no they no longer update it, the reaosn why bns has it cause it's cheap and worthless... mostly android games use it but pc platform mmos it's just another grave digger.

Edited by RavTH

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

not sure if everyone knows this or if bns devs knows this but XIGNCODE3 is a dropped project and no they no longer update it, the reaosn why bns has it cause it's cheap and worthless... mostly android games use it but pc platform mmos it's just another grave digger.

This is a serious problem because a non updated security software can mean very bad things in the long run for the software it's supposed to secure...

Solo instances of Celestial Basin, or shorter timers for bosses. (post your alternatives, solutions here)

I agree with this. As much as I'd like new players to Blade & Soul, we really need to have our own solo instances for Celestial Basin so we can farm. It's much slower when 2-3 people keep competing for mobs over you.

01:00am dailies reset time

Yes for this one. Dailies being reset at 5:00 AM my time is a bit weird, and I know it has to fit [probably] with other time zones, but sometimes people want to stay up late, finish their Dailies before 1:00 AM, then after that time, finish them again before they have to go to work. No one in their right mind's going to stay up until 5:00 AM to do Dailies, and hopefully no one's doing that.

Salvageable quickgrip gloves, because new patch came out, grinded for 200 and bought some hellion cores, meaninglessly.

N/A

DC'd, logged back in and it says "my account is still logged in", I don't know there's a problem there, but any solutions? Alternatives?

This issue should've been fixed already. How come it's still here for some players?

As for solutions, try clearing up your cookies and network cache.

XIGN app fix. As soon as a crash happens, why is this app still lingering on?

N/A

Unnecessary damage-sponged bosses. What is previously a lovely, soloable dungeon (you all know that), was lengthened to a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-poor tactic.

You mean making them more tanky? I don't really see an issue with this because doing this forces players to learn the mechanics and know they can't one-shot every boss they fight, even at 1500+ AP.

HM 16's and below (especially 13's) get a buff damage in higher dungeons. Or are simply unaccepted at all.

I didn't know this was a thing. Getting to HM 16 isn't even hard, to be honest. Just do your Dailies every day and your Weeklies every week, and be online for at least 3 hours to get the XP charms. Having Premium Membership helps with this, but that of course costs money, and if you can't afford it, you can still do the Dailies and Weeklies, albeit leveling your HM level will be slower.

red windwalking markers to transport said left-behind player when lag instance?

What???

On 5/9/2019 at 7:59 AM, Grimoir said:

For what? Its a farming area, meant for players to party together for peaches and other. Those bosses are currently the only source of evolved stones. what exactly is the problem with it?

The problem is you keep giving everyone contrary opinions, but don't seem to know that peaches != evolved stones, and most people seem to hang out down around the beast bog south of SSP where evo-stones claim they can be found. 

I do not see the rest time being an issue, especially since its the same as it was since 3 years.

You still haven't read that reference on logical fallacies, have you?

1. Argumentum ad ignorantiam (argument to ignorance).  Assuming that there is no issue with the current time without proving it to be the case, then using such a circumstance as a reason to keep the current time.
  2. Argumentum ad antiquitatem (argument to tradition). Because it has been done that way in the past, or it appears to have been done that way in the past says nothing about how valuable the practice is today.

This i agree, its actually a "known issue". when you DC the game stil lthinks you are logged in, gives you that message, after that you can try login again. The game doesnt instantly shut down when you close it so its a problem.

However, there are various utilities that allow you to monitor what processes are in memory and to kill processes that are not exiting promptly.  For example, I used to regularly run Process Hacker to monitor what was going on in my system -- and would notice quickly if there were unexpected events happening on my system.  If necessary, I could take action to correct the problem. 

Sometimes your character hangs around in the virtual world where other people can kill you, or pick you up and run somewhere else with you.  To prevent that, it's a good idea to kill off the game client if it doesn't exit promptly.  However, XIGNCODE labels programs to detect problems in the game as "malicious" and will kill the game if you try to monitor your system looking for problems. 

Because tools designed to look for problems are disallowed, I'm told that BnS Buddy will tell you 

if the game client doesn't end and will give you the option to terminate it.

Really?  So HM, CS and Midnight SSP are no harder now than a year ago?  How often do you play the game? 

To be fair, some dungeons that were harder have been made easier.  Difficulties change.  Hard to avoid that.

This isnt a game issue, if they dont get accepted they can form their own parties. No one is forced to accept someone they dont want. also there already is a damage buff in dungeons for the entire party. Buffs damage and reduces damage taken.

"Argument to ignorance".  You haven't proven that anyone who is not accepted can form their own party.  Moreover, the opposite is more likely true. 

Second, how is this NOT a game issue?  It happens in the game due to the design of the game,  compounded by people's ignorance.  But, *for example*, if the game rewarded parties that included lower level players, you can bet this behavior would change, making it completely a "game issue".  It's not a matter of people being forced to accept someone they don't want -- though even that isn't true -- go in and hit LFP, you will take people like them or not.  And when someone goes AFK in the dungeon -- I can't dismiss them from the party.  The party would need to be destroyed and a new one reformed -- if that isn't pressure to keep unwanted leaches, I don't know what is. 

As for buffs for lower level chars -- perhaps they were talking about buffs beyond the buff given to everyone.  A simple solution: a potion only good for those with HM level or AP below some amount.  Trivial to implement and an easy way to apply boost where it is needed.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:25 AM, Sarunghakan said:

Again...elaborate more please.

Um...automatically adding something like  the red-portals that are added when someone wipes, except add them if someone's entry is delayed.  Alternatively the leader might have the ability to transport people far in the back to be up with the party.

In addition to that, though, if someone is hanging back and refusing to get with the party, or, better, if the party has started battle and it detects that a client's keyboard is "idle", it could move that person out of the dungeon "for their protection"  and so they won't have the problem of the dungeon ending up in a partially completed state.  They can fix their problem and come back with a different group.

I saw a great example of the attitude of many in BnS and a fair number of baby-boomers: "It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail."  And someone else stated this "What's the fun in winning if there is no loser?"  Too many feel that way and I hope they find their loser within themselves.

Meanwhile I hope the upcoming trove has the option to get DST tokens.  People get unhappy when they realize they have no chance of getting that which central to this game while seeing prices skyrocket at the same time.

Meant to post this a few days ago, but stuff came up, so here it is...

45 minutes ago, Astarae said:

"Argument to ignorance".  You haven't proven that anyone who is not accepted can form their own party.  Moreover, the opposite is more likely true. 

Second, how is this NOT a game issue?  It happens in the game due to the design of the game,  compounded by people's ignorance.  But, *for example*, if the game rewarded parties that included lower level players, you can bet this behavior would change, making it completely a "game issue".  It's not a matter of people being forced to accept someone they don't want -- though even that isn't true -- go in and hit LFP, you will take people like them or not.  And when someone goes AFK in the dungeon -- I can't dismiss them from the party.  The party would need to be destroyed and a new one reformed -- if that isn't pressure to keep unwanted leaches, I don't know what is. 

As for buffs for lower level chars -- perhaps they were talking about buffs beyond the buff given to everyone.  A simple solution: a potion only good for those with HM level or AP below some amount.  Trivial to implement and an easy way to apply boost where it is needed.

Ofc they can, thats why you have the oiption to create your own parties in F8 instead of trying to get a carry in someone elses. If someone makes a party with requirements, he has all right to kick you if you dont meet them.

Leechers are a problem, but every game has those, unless they change the reward to be based on contribution, this wont change.

as for the damage boost....if they did that what point would there be to upgrade gear if they could just get a boost and do dps? Flawed logic. what they actually should to is introduce gear score and dungeons based on gear score and not AP or weapon or level.

47 minutes ago, Astarae said:

You still haven't read that reference on logical fallacies, have you?

1. Argumentum ad ignorantiam (argument to ignorance).  Assuming that there is no issue with the current time without proving it to be the case, then using such a circumstance as a reason to keep the current time.
  2. Argumentum ad antiquitatem (argument to tradition). Because it has been done that way in the past, or it appears to have been done that way in the past says nothing about how valuable the practice is today.

And how does this relate to my statement? Maybe a little reading and udnerstanding might help there :)

49 minutes ago, Astarae said:

Really?  So HM, CS and Midnight SSP are no harder now than a year ago?  How often do you play the game? 

To be fair, some dungeons that were harder have been made easier.  Difficulties change.  Hard to avoid tha

MSPO isnt a solo dungeon :) As for HM / CS, well obviously those were scaled for current gear, its not any different for when they first released and the gear level from a few years ago.

On 9.5.2019 at 3:25 PM, Sarunghakan said:

-DC'd, logged back in and it says "my account is still logged in", I don't know there's a problem there, but any solutions? Alternatives?

The reason why those 2 happen is this:

After the game crashes or is shutdown, the game does not fully close instantly because they have some form of "after shutdown commands" that client does in the background after shutdown or crash. While this is happening, xingcode is still active and your character is still logged in to the game. Thing is, for whatever reason those commands take a long time to complete, which is why you see these 2 problems happening. I don't know what the commands are but my guess is the game is doing some form of clean up and resource management after shutdown.

So if you want the game to not do these commands, you have to open task manager, find bns client and end process manually. Then xingcode instantly closes and you are fully logged off from the game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, occasionally I force quit the XIGN app, is this the only means? Can't it be more reliable? 

Coming back to this, you want to know what's so f**** funny? Here I am, trying to whale some gems, buying that master bundle. I can't buy more than one purchase! And, it'd be perfect, if you could salvage the vindicator pet and soul's for vials, but you can't! Why'd waste hundred's of dollars on RNG trove boxes, if there is a chance you most certainly can't get it? Are there not more guarantee-able ways to get the items you do want? I might as well spend my money in casino's that actually have more favorable odds...

Edited by Sarunghakan