Forums

Decrease tokens needed to buy mao necklace

i wanna die

Erm...no, it should stay as is. From hong you buy purple bracelets needed for breakthrough only. This is still BiS necklace and will be even after the new raid is released. So it should stay as is and if you really want it, work for it, else stick with VT / ET necklace if you dont want to put in the effort and farm.

• Like 1

il y a 9 minutes, Grimoir a dit :

Erm...no, it should stay as is. From hong you buy purple bracelets needed for breakthrough only. This is still BiS necklace and will be even after the new raid is released. So it should stay as is and if you really want it, work for it, else stick with VT / ET necklace if you dont want to put in the effort and farm.

It's the reason why it sucks, you have a new raid necklace that should be better than PvE since it's from the raid path but yet Prophecy is still BiS for like 85% of the classes. Think BD/DES could use ET necklace, one Sin spec as well iirc and that's it.

Why is that a problem ? There's no incentive to even do the raid aside from weapon mat, badge and soul shield but it's trivial at some point. Besides most of the new items are just slightly more modifiers so ? (the weapon should shine tho)

(Shadow WL too actually, but it's like pre-max gear. The moment your gear is more or less ultra maxed, Prophecy is far better)

Edited by Lyn Thunderfox

9 minutes ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

It's the reason why it sucks, you have a new raid necklace that should be better than PvE since it's from the raid path but yet Prophecy is still BiS for like 85% of the classes. Think BD/DES could use ET necklace, one Sin spec as well iirc and that's it.

Why is that a problem ? There's no incentive to even do the raid aside from weapon mat, badge and soul shield but it's trivial at some point. Besides most of the new items are just slightly more modifiers so ? (the weapon should shine tho)

(Shadow WL too actually, but it's like pre-max gear. The moment your gear is more or less ultra maxed, Prophecy is far better)

I agree with you on the raid necklace part. i would rather the ET necklace be superior to the prophecy one, but sadly its not the case, even despite that, it doesnt mean the prophecy one should become a cheese to get. as long as it is a BiS item it should stay as it is.

Plus we are only getting the first 2 bosses of the raid, so badge which is a guaranteed drop already and soulshields and necklace. Considering the badge is already a cheese to get, as its a guaranteed drop, the prophecy neck should require farming still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Ty NCWest for your input.

27 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Ty NCWest for your input.

When you are done making worthless replies to buy time, i would be happy to listen to some actual arguments you might have, that would speak for making BiS gear a joke to obtain.

Thank you,

• Like 1

Il y a 5 heures, Grimoir a dit :

I agree with you on the raid necklace part. i would rather the ET necklace be superior to the prophecy one, but sadly its not the case, even despite that, it doesnt mean the prophecy one should become a cheese to get. as long as it is a BiS item it should stay as it is.

Plus we are only getting the first 2 bosses of the raid, so badge which is a guaranteed drop already and soulshields and necklace. Considering the badge is already a cheese to get, as its a guaranteed drop, the prophecy neck should require farming still.

I mean yeah, Prophecy shouldn't be BiS anymore. And to be honest, for having farm a "lot" Circle of Sundering on both my chars to swap/upgrade their bracelets, it feels tedious enough. Problem is, again, RNG.

You're talking about grinding/farming but the rng ruins it again. I'd rather have an increase of tokens required to get my items but having a fragment of those dropping at every boss I do. Sometimes yeah, I can get everything from them but then you also get nothing, and then when it's like that for X times in a row, there is a psychologic impact aka. you wonder why you even farm this certain item when someone else could simply get it faster than you for no actual reasons.

I'd rather have a slightly faster-or-longer way to get items at the moment but a way that is not telling me that I haven't done the dungeon for "nothing".

you can farm it in about a week if you put  a little effort into it, i did it in 3 day, so its really w/e ,but yeah, something like 10 token would be nice, i want my pve necklace too :giggle: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

I mean yeah, Prophecy shouldn't be BiS anymore. And to be honest, for having farm a "lot" Circle of Sundering on both my chars to swap/upgrade their bracelets, it feels tedious enough. Problem is, again, RNG.

You're talking about grinding/farming but the rng ruins it again. I'd rather have an increase of tokens required to get my items but having a fragment of those dropping at every boss I do. Sometimes yeah, I can get everything from them but then you also get nothing, and then when it's like that for X times in a row, there is a psychologic impact aka. you wonder why you even farm this certain item when someone else could simply get it faster than you for no actual reasons.

I'd rather have a slightly faster-or-longer way to get items at the moment but a way that is not telling me that I haven't done the dungeon for "nothing".

Luckily, i think it was KR or TW....where you dont need the bracelets to swap them over between elements anymore, which will be a good help in the future :)

I know what you mean, but then the issue isnt the cost of the necklace but the drops.  Personally it would be great if Mao dropped guaranteed say....4-5 fragments.

I wouldnt want the first 2 bosses to have guaranteed drops, because whats the sense of lets call it "achievement" if you just farm the first boss over and over and dont beat the dungeon.

In all fairness ET neck wouldnt be bad if the skill mod on it made sense and the buff was a bit better... i mean take summoner....25% damage on rosethorn.....which idiot came up with that LOL

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Hong bracelet is bis too why doesnt it cost 50 tokens? 

9 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

Hong bracelet is bis too why doesnt it cost 50 tokens? 

Hong bracelet is a purple bracelet that is only used as a breakthrough item. Its not legendary and its not a piece of gear you equip and use itself.

The main gear comes from ST.

you have the starfire gloves which cost 12 emblems which are BiS gear (for PVP but still BiS atm). As Prophecy necklace is a next tier equipment over the starfire gloves it costs more.

You cannot compare hong bracelet to prophecy necklace as those are by far 2 different things.

Edited by Grimoir

Also another problem is : when you farmed Outlaw Island and CoS, most of the gear you got by drop was for PvP breakthrough, so in the end 3/4 of the playerbase probably just salvaged them for coins.

However with Mao, not only you simply need the Mao gloves for Skyreach gloves breakthrough, you also... actually need another one of those for yet another breakthrough xd. (for the same item btw)

The fact you have to keep 2 of them + you have one less chance than CoS as there are only 2 bosses before Mao makes it way harder to get tokens from.

Now you can also plan to not get the gloves yet and salvage any Mao you drop.

9 hours ago, i wanna die said:

What about the people who cannot do mao? I see some people are unable to do it cause they have high ping

why must they suffer like that just because they have high ping?

I know people with 300+ ping that still clear mao. Even a 350+ KFM from my clan clears it so a high ping is not really an excuse if there are players with high ping that clear it.

Plus, if they cant clear mao they can keep using the VT / ET necklace since thats the second BiS.

18 hours ago, i wanna die said:

What about the people who cannot do mao? I see some people are unable to do it cause they have high ping

I play this game at 250-300ms with TT end-gear, and play an Earth Sum, which is mid-tier in term of ping-friendly. Pre-awk.skill patch, I dealt like 250-300k DPS while trying to survive, and it took me 5m to clear her. Post.awk patch, same gear, I clear her in 2m. I also play a Warden with less geared, and clear her as long as I don't get careless.

So yeah, it is completely possible for high ping players to clear her. However, you will want to challenge her with better gear than just Raven weapon and BT Soul shields.

19 hours ago, i wanna die said:

If they can't beat mao, they most certainly do not deserve her gear. And that necklace is an exponential increase. Talking a 150k jump over ~650k. That becomes much more the higher you go in your base stats.

Den is a massive jump in grind compared to previous solo-areas. Either lower the tokens needed or increase the fragments or give higher chance at whole token. It's nice they made it less punishing with dragonblood hearts but there's basically no reward for doing runs.

RNG box next week doesn't even have.

Edited by Wataru
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wataru said:

Den is a massive jump in grind compared to previous solo-areas. Either lower the tokens needed or increase the fragments or give higher chance at whole token. It's nice they made it less punishing with dragonblood hearts but there's basically no reward for doing runs.

RNG box next week doesn't even have.

It is also a massive jump in damage when you do get the necklace.

I finished grinding this on my main, and haven't touched it since then, except for when I want to get seasonal rewards which I will run the dungeon once.

Here is my thought:

1) The reason why Prophecy Necklace takes a lot more efforts than Tiger/Dragon and Divinity/Starbreaker is that they want to change how solo dungeons work: instead of just a "side-dish" where you grind 5 tokens for an accessory offering then forget about solo dungeons even exist, 25 tokens will require you a more runs.

2) To make players grind dungeon even longer, they make sure that no boss can drop a whole token (gloves are not counted as a token until you get two of them), and the Imperial Gloves require two Dens gloves, which are super RNG drop. Ma'o doesn't even have a chance drop two token fragments, like how Yeoharan and Master Hong's drops work. So you won't dream about having Imperial stuffs until you go through at least 100 runs.

3) By having a whole Imperial accessory tied to this solo dungeon, they can excuse themselves from making another 6-man dungeon that drop Imperial Necklace.

4) Also, solo dungeon is the best way to goad players to upgrade gear for grind efficiency. For 6-man dungeons, you can get carried despite of low gear. For solo dungeon, you are on your own, with your skills and your gear that help you go through the dungeon. Of course, there will be chance that impatient players will swipe for this, thus good for the business.

Imo it's a good exercise at mechanics. M'ao in particular is far more engaging than most other things in the game. Then there is the part where people can't rely on anybody else to tank her for them, so those who are casually under performing on a regular basis, need to git gud, for the lack of a better way to put it. No matter how op one's gear is, if they don't do mechs at M'ao, she will kill them. Locking a BiS piece of gear behind such challenge is good for improving the skills of our community in general. People would otherwise ignore it and their combat sense will never improve. Afterall the mechanics in actual 6-12 man places are obnoxiously slow at times.