Let's talk about Ebondrake Harpy mini boss.

Hanuku

I still see quite a few parties wiping to this. The boss seems very unfair with it's two shot death hearts and the dancing crapola. Also most video guides out there are with parties killing it in less than two seconds so their message always was to out-dps it before it killed you. This of course does not work for low dps parties. BUT, there IS a short mechanic to it and I found it searching around and combining info from several sources.

First, let me explain the hearts debuff. The boss can either shoot these small hearts at people, or use an aoe from the center of the stage to cause the debuff. This debuff causes your character to either dance or just stand still (ping dependent) and will stack one unit of said debuff for 10 seconds. IF you are stacked another debuff while dancing/standing, you immediately die. Some skills like warlock and gunner invulnerability skills (or the FM's ice shield) may be able to repel the hearts but I'm not completely sure on that. Have them ready just in case.

As for the fight, basically whoever has aggro MUST be close (at melee range) to the boss at all times, or it will start shooting the little hearts. For newbies, aggro is marked as a thin spinning reddish circle surrounding your character on the floor. If you have that, I don't care if you are a gunner or a summoner or an FM, GO HUG THE BOSS NOW!

The other mechanic is the pull and large AOE in which I usually see 90% of the players failing. The pull can't be i-framed. You have to take it. Hope you have your {F} escape skill off cool down because that's the only thing that will let you stand up. And IMMEDIATELY as you use {F}, use your {S,S} back dash skill, as the large AOE that comes after the pull comes with the same debuff as the hearts.

Lastly, as soon as the large AOE disappears, again, whoever has aggro, immediately has to go back to melee range of the boss, or it will start shooting hearts again. And when I say immediately, it's like right now. The boss is too fast in going for the hearts when it detects the aggro holder is out of melee range.

Anyway. This is mostly for parties that can't out-dps this boss in 10 seconds. So if you go into an Ebondrake Lair run and all you see are HM 13's and 14's, spread the word around. OR hope you get partied up with a whale next run and thug-life it.

Oh, of course, as always, if my info is wrong somewhere, please help me by correcting it.

Edited by Hanuku

I don't know why, she is one of my favorite sub-boss... I never know if I will start dancing to death :sick:

There is a video in another post that explain the strat.

Le 23/03/2019 à 17:24, Eckogen a dit :

So:

-Red AOE pull, press F then SS.

-Heart above her head: she will throw projectile, protect yourself.

-If you are hit by one of these two attack, you receive a 10s debuff. While this debuff runs, a second hit will kill you.

3 hours ago, Kaelia said:

I don't know why, she is one of my favorite sub-boss... I never know if I will start dancing to death :sick:

While I don't have it on my like list, the reason I decided to search for info and post a crummy mini guide (instead of whining about it) was because I really don't want it nerfed. As a more mechanically difficult encounter than most other dungeons on the 1 star list, this makes good training for what's to come above. In fact, I feel all 1 star dungeons should have bosses like this to prepare players for harder stuff. Monkey comes close, but his current kill ratio is very low.

These projectiles can be iframed... And she'll always fire one each at the 3-4 top dps, regardless of the tank being in meele. All you need to do here is avoiding the aoe and iframing the projectiles, quite frankly im not sure why people would struggle with this. (lag making it near impossible to avoid the aoe being a exception)

Edited by Granger

I like the mechanics of the boss but the issue is the lag. This isnt graphics lag this is just outright press buttons and not having them register. I would hope the wipe mechanic gets removed if the developers never aim to resolve the long standing issue this game has had with unresponsive button presses due to server delay.

The only other times ive died is when i ran out of Iframes from stealing agro as a summoner.

I really hope UE4 brings an improvement to button registration.

Edited by matthew

3 hours ago, Granger said:

These projectiles can be iframed... And she'll always fire one each at the 3-4 top dps, regardless of the tank being in meele. All you need to do here is avoiding the aoe and iframing the projectiles, quite frankly im not sure why people would struggle with this. (lag making it near impossible to avoid the aoe being a exception)

One issue I was having my first times in there was visibility. Even at lowest effect settings this game gets pretty chaotic, mostly if playing a class like WL. Since for this boss one doesn't really need to see where your partners are, if you need to have better visibility, hiding other players can come handy here.

19 hours ago, RavTH said:

how do people still wipe to that when everyone does all together least 600k dps ._. which is enough to burst it

Well in a party i been in on one of my noobie chars, for example the BM didnt use hm block, or the fm didnt use his bubble......so yeah......

On 5/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, RavTH said:

how do people still wipe to that when everyone does all together least 600k dps ._. which is enough to burst it

Based on my own experience forming my characters recently, a fresh out of story character controlled by a newbie who lacks knowledge on how to up and maintain DPS, can do somewhere between 30 and 70 K depending on class complexity and how quick they mash buttons. Add 6 of those to a party and you won't even get 400K combined dps. Add on top of that, they come to the dungeon expecting brain dead fights akin to pretty much every other current 6 man one star dungeon, and that's a fair recipe for disaster. As I said, I've seen it way too many times.

While I'm slowly getting better, I'm not yet at the point where I can solo it. The thing only has like 24M HP. If I could, I would, and eventually I will get to that state. Here's hoping memorizing things can be of use, since my reaction times are utter garbage. :)

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Well in a party i been in on one of my noobie chars, for example the BM didnt use hm block, or the fm didnt use his bubble......so yeah......

Many of these players are just starting to learn their characters. Thank the utter easy story part of the game that gives absolutely no challenge to force players to learn. I hardly ever see FM bubbles in any of these runs, as they are one star dungeons. Meaning, for players just starting out with end game. Most of the people who know how to handle their characters are already way past these, so those you see doing them are just there for a quick challenge dungeon mark for the daily. The rest will most likely ask you "What's HM block, sir?"

As I said before, each of these dungeons should have had one or two fights that stressed the need for people to learn and practice mechs and how to use defensive skills. Nerfing them made them more accessible, and that's alright. But when the nerf makes it so players get used to brain dead content, I think we may have a problem when those players decide to go up. Then again, not many get stopped by a hard reality check when going from one star challenges to the two or three star ones. At least the game seems to still be working this way without blowing up.

7 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

This is a repeat of the thread linked here.

Nope, it's not. that was a rant thread. This one is trying to help those who are having trouble, myself included. :)

Edited by Hanuku
  • Like 1

not unfair, just not a target dummy, in many cases I imagine it's the first boss they encounter that does anything deadly to the ranged players, and so, they're caught off guard cus mindlessly spamming dps skills and not moving out of the way will end up killing them.

20 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Many of these players are just starting to learn their characters. Thank the utter easy story part of the game that gives absolutely no challenge to force players to learn. I hardly ever see FM bubbles in any of these runs, as they are one star dungeons. Meaning, for players just starting out with end game. Most of the people who know how to handle their characters are already way past these, so those you see doing them are just there for a quick challenge dungeon mark for the daily. The rest will most likely ask you "What's HM block, sir?"

Dont get me wrong, i understand people learning their chars and thats not a bad thing, and i agree with you on the story part.

In the runs i did that it happened, we wiped 2 times then i was explaining to them why, how and that they could use this skill or that skill to protect themselves / the party but they still didnt get it, i dont blame them for it, but you would expect some sense of comprehension :)

21 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Based on my own experience forming my characters recently, a fresh out of story character controlled by a newbie who lacks knowledge on how to up and maintain DPS, can do somewhere between 30 and 70 K depending on class complexity and how quick they mash buttons. Add 6 of those to a party and you won't even get 400K combined dps. Add on top of that, they come to the dungeon expecting brain dead fights akin to pretty much every other current 6 man one star dungeon, and that's a fair recipe for disaster. As I said, I've seen it way too many times.

170k-200k is enough the mini boss don't have enrage timer(if I remember right) all you need to do is F+SS when she pulls and if she is shooting the hearts you either use your own projectile protection or any iframing skill that all classes are desinged to have or you go up close to the boss and press Q/E with correct time. I don't know what's the gear that story provides you right now but it should be decent enough to do least 70k dps it's a small number but that number used to be something.

8 hours ago, RavTH said:

170k-200k is enough the mini boss don't have enrage timer(if I remember right) all you need to do is F+SS when she pulls and if she is shooting the hearts you either use your own projectile protection or any iframing skill that all classes are desinged to have or you go up close to the boss and press Q/E with correct time. I don't know what's the gear that story provides you right now but it should be decent enough to do least 70k dps it's a small number but that number used to be something.

And that's the reason why I made this thread instead of a rant/complain one. I don't want these instances to be nerfed before they end their current usefulness because the game is hurt the more nerfs are added. Instead, what I feel we need is better understanding from the starting players and for them to know that in some cases it's all about learning this or that mechanic, or knowing where to go to upgrade their character quicker to be able to burst it down. But the most important part is mechs. The earlier our players learn that mechs exist, the better they perform at higher tiers.

What I hoped is that when people do an online search after wiping the first time to this or any other boss, they could find threads like these, without rants or ill words towards the game creators, and instead having the direct help they may need. As I said in another thread, though, this game updates perhaps too quickly, making content obsolete in a few months. Next week we will be getting yet another content update and higher tiers of certain things. Before long, this dungeon will be tossed in the forgotten pile that some players will have to solo (like me doing ebon citadel even though I'm so bad at this), so we will be needing some people to also update on the game knowledge part out here. So I also hope my move prompts others to do the same, instead of just filling the forum with cries of "p2w" or "broken mechs".

Learning is more fun than complaining, after all.

As for what gear people get from story. If you do just plain story, you get the sacred longui soul shield, a maxed or near maxed baleful/seraph weapon, solak accessories, some square gems and very low tier pet and soul. Doing temple of succession gives 5 pieces of raven soul shield, talisman, hexa gems, and riftwalk/dawnforge weapon stage 3. I may be forgetting a few items but that's more or less what you get. IF a player then checks their quest letters and finds the other blue quests like know thy enemy and the dead refuse to die, (or is directed to, since the game itself does not really point you specifically to those quests) then they will get a mystic badge, the last 3 pieces of raven SS and a divine/tiger bracelet. This gear set gives decent crit, but nearly no mystic stat nor any other bonuses, so it's as plain as it can get.

17 hours ago, Hanuku said:

And that's the reason why I made this thread instead of a rant/complain one. I don't want these instances to be nerfed before they end their current usefulness because the game is hurt the more nerfs are added. Instead, what I feel we need is better understanding from the starting players and for them to know that in some cases it's all about learning this or that mechanic, or knowing where to go to upgrade their character quicker to be able to burst it down. But the most important part is mechs. The earlier our players learn that mechs exist, the better they perform at higher tiers.

What I hoped is that when people do an online search after wiping the first time to this or any other boss, they could find threads like these, without rants or ill words towards the game creators, and instead having the direct help they may need. As I said in another thread, though, this game updates perhaps too quickly, making content obsolete in a few months. Next week we will be getting yet another content update and higher tiers of certain things. Before long, this dungeon will be tossed in the forgotten pile that some players will have to solo (like me doing ebon citadel even though I'm so bad at this), so we will be needing some people to also update on the game knowledge part out here. So I also hope my move prompts others to do the same, instead of just filling the forum with cries of "p2w" or "broken mechs".

Learning is more fun than complaining, after all.

As for what gear people get from story. If you do just plain story, you get the sacred longui soul shield, a maxed or near maxed baleful/seraph weapon, solak accessories, some square gems and very low tier pet and soul. Doing temple of succession gives 5 pieces of raven soul shield, talisman, hexa gems, and riftwalk/dawnforge weapon stage 3. I may be forgetting a few items but that's more or less what you get. IF a player then checks their quest letters and finds the other blue quests like know thy enemy and the dead refuse to die, (or is directed to, since the game itself does not really point you specifically to those quests) then they will get a mystic badge, the last 3 pieces of raven SS and a divine/tiger bracelet. This gear set gives decent crit, but nearly no mystic stat nor any other bonuses, so it's as plain as it can get.

I hate to say it but this game is beyond saving and it's too late for that.