Forums

GJ with the server merge ncsoft

Javice

not only did you steal 10 hour premium time from us AGAIN by doing your maintenance at 13:00 ( EU,again we still do not understand why you have to do this on a wednesday at prime hour),

on a EU holiday  ...... everyone was home, nobody could play, but your also not gonna give us a compensation for it.

F8 is dead since the merge, my event weapon expired before i could even finish my DC.....

There are almost no groups to do weeklys in faction chat and every1 is talking in their own language.

no wonder this game is dying FAST ....

oh, and before i forget, WE STILL LACK ASCENSION ORBS TO DO HM AND CS, make the shards BoA atleast ffs, so people would use them instead of selling

• Like 1

thats the problem, they are completly tradable, they should be bound on account only and unable to tradecause people are just selling the shards and join other moml groups ....

Edited by Javice

I don't know. I don't know, it could just be me but

....what's the problem with people speaking in their language again? Maybe it's because I live by San Francisco, so I'm used to hearing people speaking all kinds of different languages everyday everywhere I go, because I'm just really struggling to see what's so bad about it here. Someone speaking their language doesn't rob you of your ability to speak yours. I can understand in the case of like...you make a party and no one speaks English, so you can't explain rolls in case there's a wipe. THAT makes sense. But like, casual do-nothing shootin the breeze faction chat??? idk just talk anyway? People who speak English will still respond to you. Unless they're a big baby and decide if they can't be the only language that they're just gonna delete faction from their tabs I guess. idk the whole things weird to me.

NC should just make more chat channels. Which has been suggested about 10 times in the last month alone. Something something feedback always greatly appreciated, something allegedly my conspiracy.

• Like 1

1. If someone wants to sell their shards and join other runs...they can do so if they want...its none of your business if someone wants to do that or not.  If you dont have orbs, buy shards and make them...pretty simple.

2.  They can do maintenance at any time they want, its clearly stated in their ToS that you accept every time you login. And since the main office and devs are available during US time thats when maintenance will be. It has always been like this since launch and known to everyione. If you feel they steal your premium time, dont buy premium.

And no, not everyone was home, some countries do not have holidays on May1st or may 3rd.

3. If F8 is dead, try using F7.....i dont see a problem here....

4. Everyone can talk the language they want to. If you dont like it then dont read or block them and dont look at it.

You seem to be making artificial problems where there arent any....

• Like 1

I benefit from having shards available at F5. If anything, make the completed orbs account bound so I can pass them between characters if I run out of them on some. As for language, I understand that some people feel that if this is the English speaking region, everyone joining should or must speak English or not chat or even log in at all. I'd really like to have a moderator's word on this. In some cases it's enforced, in others is just advised, and in a few others nobody cares.

I also agree that the block list should have been made bigger or if possible infinite. Some people are ready to block the whole world if they could.

7 hours ago, Javice said:

F8 is dead since the merge, my event weapon expired before i could even finish my DC.....

Last night after maintenance I made several dungeon-daily without problems. Today I made all my DCs with 5 different chars throughout the morning (CEST) and no problem finding people to do any DC dungeon.

I know that in some hours it's "difficult" find people to do dungeons (work, studies, real life), but it's weird not find people for DC (I'm playing in EU).

7 hours ago, Javice said:

no wonder this game is dying FAST....

Alarmist propaganda because you have not found people today... try in another moment. F8 works in a strange way with "channels" between rooms and sometimes I think that the LFP itself works the same and that it costs less to find people inside the dungeon than waiting with 4 ppl in LFP. You just had bad luck..... I will never understand people who at the minim thing say that the game "is dying", I have never had problems doing things during these years, selling at auction or playing with randoms in general... (I've never been in a clan because I can do 95% of things with randoms).

5 hours ago, Showta said:

....what's the problem with people speaking in their language again? Maybe it's because I live by San Francisco, so I'm used to hearing people speaking all kinds of different languages everyday everywhere I go, because I'm just really struggling to see what's so bad about it here. Someone speaking their language doesn't rob you of your ability to speak yours. I can understand in the case of like...you make a party and no one speaks English, so you can't explain rolls in case there's a wipe. THAT makes sense. But like, casual do-nothing shootin the breeze faction chat??? idk just talk anyway? People who speak English will still respond to you. Unless they're a big baby and decide if they can't be the only language that they're just gonna delete faction from their tabs I guess. idk the whole things weird to me.

The problem is that the faction chat scrolls fast and is full of stuff that people can't understand. This goes for everybody.

57 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

I benefit from having shards available at F5. If anything, make the completed orbs account bound so I can pass them between characters if I run out of them on some. As for language, I understand that some people feel that if this is the English speaking region, everyone joining should or must speak English or not chat or even log in at all. I'd really like to have a moderator's word on this. In some cases it's enforced, in others is just advised, and in a few others nobody cares.

I also agree that the block list should have been made bigger or if possible infinite. Some people are ready to block the whole world if they could.

They did touch base on the language topic during one of the streams. Basically its amulticultural game and everyone is free to speak the language they want. If you cant understand something then its obvious its not directed at you.

43 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

The problem is that the faction chat scrolls fast and is full of stuff that people can't understand. This goes for everybody.

90% of the chat was trash talk before. but that did not bother you. 

people speaking a language you do not understand it is intolerable and you have to block all of them. Sr you have problems go find a doctor to help you. 

And stop spreading your ignorance and racism. Is a EU server 

I'd like it if the topic does not fall into personal attacks. Yes, it's a very annoying issue for some, but inflaming it with directed attacks only makes matters worse. But I'm not a moderator. I'm just a bad lazy player putting my two cents here.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

They did touch base on the language topic during one of the streams. Basically its amulticultural game and everyone is free to speak the language they want. If you cant understand something then its obvious its not directed at you.

I personally don't see any issue with people talking other languages. I COULD support a language channel feature, and I'd also encourage people to talk in more than their natural language. I myself am not a native English speaker (and it shows if I talk instead of type). But I can say having more than one language in your tool kit is more a blessing than just another annoying thing you'd have to learn.

1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

I'd like it if the topic does not fall into personal attacks. Yes, it's a very annoying issue for some, but inflaming it with directed attacks only makes matters worse. But I'm not a moderator. I'm just a bad lazy player putting my two cents here.

I personally don't see any issue with people talking other languages. I COULD support a language channel feature, and I'd also encourage people to talk in more than their natural language. I myself am not a native English speaker (and it shows if I talk instead of type). But I can say having more than one language in your tool kit is more a blessing than just another annoying thing you'd have to learn.

I agree, not because i dont like seeing other languages, because i myself speak several and it doesnt really bother me but i do believe specific language channels would make it somewhat more organised and easier to track for some players.

3 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@Grimoir So in your opinion everybody should just accept the annoyance? How about no? And I don't mean a soft no, I mean a hard no. This is a game not a test for how short peoples' fuse is.

If its not english dont read it pretty simple. The game is already discriminating most players based on gear we dont need it to be discriminating based on languages.

You people really try to get under my skin with this. Did I say I have anything but a personal problem with this? I seek personalized solution, not a global one. I want to be able to personally filter what I can see and what remains hidden. I do not have the time, nor the desire, nor the need to learn french or relearn deutsch. I do not have a problem with people writing in that, but it makes it impossible to keep track of what's happening in the chat, cause, unsurprisingly, it scrolls up like there's a serial killer hiding under the bottom. This did not happen 2 days ago. Therefore I simply ask for the facilities to make it enjoyable for me personally. Even if I personally filter out eeeeeverybody that's writing whatever, that doesn't mean it won't show up for everybody else. Where is the damn problem in that?

From a US standpoint, not only was the server merge a resounding success (literally no technical problems after the fact) but the increased population means I actually see people out in the world again.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective.