Dailies Reward Giveaway for 10 Hr Maintenance Compensation?

prietess

How about that?

I understand you need time to merge the servers and that's why 1st May maintenance is going to be 10 hrs.

But still, how about giving us some daily reward auto completion+legendary orbs (event) or just the chests for ALL characters (not only 1 per ID) in the server due to that extremely long maintenance? Because many many people will not be able to complete because of the timing (EU/Asia players) and it is already 2nd May (working day) for them when the maintenance is completed.

Not to mention it can also be considered as celebration of server merge :P

Whatever it is, you can find reason to justify that....... for the sake of the players.....................

Edited by prietess

North America will have they're servers up at 2pm and the whole day to play it, that's all they care for, EU been ignored since beta, as we already complained for maintenances adapted to them rather than do it separately. At this point EU has more active users than NA but they still going with their preferences and most likely not going to change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

North America will have they're servers up at 2pm and the whole day to play it, that's all they care for, EU been ignored since beta, as we already complained for maintenances adapted to them rather than do it separately. At this point EU has more active users than NA but they still going with their preferences and most likely not going to change.

Nothing to do with "preferences". Head office is US and thats what maintenance hours are based on. Also each time you logon the ToS clearly says they can conduct maintenance at any time as they see fit and do not need to compensate / reimburse for it.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Nothing to do with "preferences". Head office is US and thats what maintenance hours are based on. Also each time you logon the ToS clearly says they can conduct maintenance at any time as they see fit and do not need to compensate / reimburse for it.

You are right, its legal because on their ToS, however doesn't mean its ethically or morally right.

EDIT : head office might be in USA but the servers are still in Europe, if they would want to do it separately I'm pretty sure they could do it.

Edited by pingal1ty

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Well if they start doing pro consumer time framed maintenance, I certainly wouldn't complain.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb pingal1ty:

You are right, its legal because on their ToS, however doesn't mean its ethically or morally right.

No he is not. There are also some limits by law. Many people think they can just do what they want if they write it in their ToS (or for German, the AGB), but at least for Germany there are quite some limits by law (German: BGB). Just to keep in mind, personally  I don't think any law in harmed atm though.

Edited by Belido

@Belido I'll add that points in a ToS that breach EU/NA rules and regulations, are illegal and void. ToS is basically the bottom of the barrel. For example parts of the BnS ToS are null, cause they breach the rights which the European human rights act grant us here in Europe, specifically the bits about NC having the right to manage what we say based on their own criteria and interpretation of what is and isn't hate speech, something that by the laws here, is out of their hands.

vor einer Stunde schrieb MassiveEgo:

@Belido I'll add that points in a ToS that breach EU/NA rules and regulations, are illegal and void. ToS is basically the bottom of the barrel. For example parts of the BnS ToS are null, cause they breach the rights which the European human rights act grant us here in Europe, specifically the bits about NC having the right to manage what we say based on their own criteria and interpretation of what is and isn't hate speech, something that by the laws here, is out of their hands.

Yep. And yeah about hate speech and such: you can get way easier in deep  trouble within germany and it's law, then by any ToS =)

Edited by Ayea

20 hours ago, prietess said:

How about that?

I don't recall when NC ever compensated us for anything. When they changed [White Orb] to [Orb of Ascension] as the item required for CS and HM, the players who farmed countless hours for white orbs weren't compensated.

I know this is just one example, but that was a huge deal. Many players were infuriated because they weren't given gold or something as apologies for changing how the system works, and behavior like that from a game industry is noted. It's about trust when it comes to player-industry relations, and right now, it's sort-of low.

• Like 1

Compensation is usually an act of goodwill. Even though people talk here about the ToS not being legal in some parts, one item does stand out that is more of a contract you agree with than an issue of legality. As with any service provided by human beings, they are prone to interruptions and other kinds of downtime. In order to play this game (and many others out there with similar terms), you have to agree that such things can happen and you shouldn't actively seek compensation for those episodes.

Also, if a part of the ToS is not legal in a region, everything else that can apply will still apply. You also agree to this when logging in.

So yeah. Again, it's good to make these posts and ask for something. If the staff feels they can and should give something, they will.

• Like 1

Thanks for those who supported this thread.

Well the maintenance ended around 3 hrs earlier than the estimated time, but that was still 7 hrs long >,<

And i forced myself to wake up in the middle of the night to play and complete my 5 chars weeklies+ dailies which took me 4-5hrs.

I am now half-dead at work, I don't know until when I could continue this, maybe until I quit this game.

ya, you can say that it is myself to be blamed why I forced myself to do that almost every week (not enough sleep). But other days are busy too.... especially weekend.

But let me tell you, this is how I forced myself to be in line with those people in NA with low ping and human friendly maintenance hour..... I had no choice but to force myself however tiring it is, until one day I decide to stop loving and grinding this game.

Edited by prietess