Mailing Grand celestial Wings

JaylusionX

2 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Well, using wings you can't. However, you can get 1-5 by doing MSP. Just saying.

The OP is about wings specifically, not just any source of the soul shields. I'm referring to the fact that you cannot buy above TT 2 with wings unless you actually run TT, which makes it seem stupid that they're character bound with such a limited use.

Every material from raids starts as char bound and becomes acc bound when new raids come out after some time. Its always been like that. At the moment i think even kr havent implemented it yet. So its just a matter of time when it will be released.

2 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

The OP is about wings specifically, not just any source of the soul shields. I'm referring to the fact that you cannot buy above TT 2 with wings unless you actually run TT, which makes it seem stupid that they're character bound with such a limited use.

Because you should earn your gear through raids not get it as freebies. Main source of soulshields are the raids, everything else: msp, wings etc is just a extra.

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because you should earn your gear through raids not get it as freebies. Main source of soulshields are the raids, everything else: msp, wings etc is just a extra.

The wings are supposed to be a slowly accumulated way to buy the soul shield pieces you want. Not clearing bosses in the raid for achievements restricts what you can buy to fewer pieces so you can't complete the set as easily. Weeklies for a while now offered at least a way to get the 3 piece set over time, for completing easy versions of some of the raid bosses. Restricting it to 2, making wings useless without MSP doesn't make much sense, but whatever. If you can't even get a 3 set with them alone, they may as well be account bound.

Not sure what your problem is, it's not asking for much. 

Edited by wefhqweig

14 hours ago, MantisxD said:

Every material from raids starts as char bound and becomes acc bound when new raids come out after some time. Its always been like that. At the moment i think even kr havent implemented it yet. So its just a matter of time when it will be released.

But we already have the mat weapon sealed, makes no sense its still not account bound since TT has months already.

I dont even get wings on my alts anymore, since I prefer help they with VT ss, since its more profitable than holding items they wont use.

Edited by Ketsura

This should be a feature across multiple materials, not just [Grand Celestial Wings]. It makes using alts. more flexible that way instead of have one character having 20 of these wings, and one character having 4, but needs more for upgrading, purchase, etc.

I actually think more of the reason raid materials is restricted to characters is more for the accesories /high end soul shields then for the lower stage.  If they let you trade over raid mats early on then you could easily transfer wings over to your main from just running weeklies.  F2P games aim to keep people coming back, and if made to easy to farm it, in theory, could make it less people would be as inclined to keep running the material after a “short” while.  

Thus when there is more to the game they can make the last raids Matt’s tradable.  It is an artificial way to extend game play before major updates, as players will always burn through content faster then it can be created.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

The wings are supposed to be a slowly accumulated way to buy the soul shield pieces you want. Not clearing bosses in the raid for achievements restricts what you can buy to fewer pieces so you can't complete the set as easily. Weeklies for a while now offered at least a way to get the 3 piece set over time, for completing easy versions of some of the raid bosses. Restricting it to 2, making wings useless without MSP doesn't make much sense, but whatever. If you can't even get a 3 set with them alone, they may as well be account bound.

Not sure what your problem is, it's not asking for much. 

If you really think this you are completely not understanding the meaning of raids. It makes perfect sense. you are not supposed to get the 3 set if you havent set foot in TT. Those shields shouldnt even be in MSP. the only reason they are is because of the lazyness of the players.

To go along with grimoir, the TT set was never available with just wings, most you could of gotten was 2. This was the same for VT, it wasn’t till after TT release did they lighten the achievement for buying higher tier.  

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Main source of SS are from raids? Lmao.

Is this your first day of playing this game? Raids drop like 1-2 pieces per boss shared between ELEVEN classes in a party of TWELVE. Do you honestly think people are depending on raid drops for their SS? It'll take people 2 years to get a full set that way. How many times can you run raids a week? ONE. The chances of you getting a usable piece is ~9%, and chances of getting non-garbage rolls on it is like <1%. You speak as if you can actually farm raids.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

If you really think this you are completely not understanding the meaning of raids. It makes perfect sense. you are not supposed to get the 3 set if you havent set foot in TT. Those shields shouldnt even be in MSP. the only reason they are is because of the lazyness of the players.

Farming MSP is lazy? LOL.

Spending 30-60 minutes for 3-4 purple stones when each soul shield costs like 40-50, yeah totally for "lazy" players. Only takes like 10 hours to get one piece, not counting the amount of time wasted recruiting people.

Fact check. MSP is there because they realized TT SS drop rate is pure ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in TT and they don't want 90% of the player base to be stuck in VT SS, not because people are "lazy". Do you honestly think people would farm that cancerous pile of rubbish aka MSP if there were better ways to acquire TT SS? Are you implying you never set foot in MSP and all 8 pieces of your TT SS came strictly from TT boss drops? If you farmed MSP, then you pretty much just admitted you're the lazy bum mentioned in your own comment.

Next time think before whiteknighting

Edited by PetPuggi

2 hours ago, Nihilu said:

I actually think more of the reason raid materials is restricted to characters is more for the accesories /high end soul shields then for the lower stage.  If they let you trade over raid mats early on then you could easily transfer wings over to your main from just running weeklies.  F2P games aim to keep people coming back, and if made to easy to farm it, in theory, could make it less people would be as inclined to keep running the material after a “short” while.  

That's a good point you draw there. However, making something easy to farm is different from adding a system that's convenient and flexible across alts.

In any MMO game, having multiple alt. characters is beneficial because you could do twice the farming. Yes, it'll make it easier for people to farm [Grand Celestial Wings] and get high-tier soul shields, but we have to remember that that kind of farming is a one-time deal; once you get the soul shields, you don't really need to farm these mats anymore unless you're upgrading your SS or they're required in other weapon/accessory upgrades.

1 hour ago, Snowyamur said:

That's a good point you draw there. However, making something easy to farm is different from adding a system that's convenient and flexible across alts.

In any MMO game, having multiple alt. characters is beneficial because you could do twice the farming. Yes, it'll make it easier for people to farm [Grand Celestial Wings] and get high-tier soul shields, but we have to remember that that kind of farming is a one-time deal; once you get the soul shields, you don't really need to farm these mats anymore unless you're upgrading your SS or they're required in other weapon/accessory upgrades.

Don’t get me wrong, I am all for helping out quality of life for those who want to play alts.  They have made great strides in the bound to account raid accesories (I don’t even think BT was bound to account before the change), except for the most newest tier.  The unity system was also a fresh breath of air.  

It is just if it makes things to easy that it could cause people to breeze through content to fast that is what I am most concerned.  You could argue that people being able to buy the mats is the same thing, but those individuals are already invested financially, I would imagine that the likely hood of those players leaving due to being done with everything is a little less then those who might be just trying to constantly improve their character.  Also if the mats for the most descent raid wasn’t in weeklies and events I would also agree with you, as it becomes less farmable by lower geared alts.  But as is, as it is the current best gear, I think the drive should still be to continue to do the raid for the mats, and to get people continuing to want the wings from weeklies.

With that I would actually not be against having SS bound to account.  This would decrease all the waisted SS and be for catching alts up versus power gearing a main through current top tier gear.  Also as you can only buy your class SS, unless you have alts of the same class, you will only be able to get them through doing the raid.

2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Fact check. MSP is there because they realized TT SS drop rate is pure ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in TT and they don't want 90% of the player base to be stuck in VT SS, not because people are "lazy"

This actually can’t be said as a fact, VT was incredible hard for people too before TT and nerfs.  They slowly released more ways to get VT SS near the end of their life span too.  Some was through hard modes (I think after TT release tho, in a way to make hard modes more desirable), or in events (if memory serves it was a possible merchant of wonder reward in last years pohoran dungeon).  It could just be part of their trends now, try to gear people up near the beginning of the next raid/right after its release.  Not about drop rates or players being “stuck” in VT.

@Grimoir this I think also relates to your comment about players being lazy, we are getting to the end of the raid cycle, it only does make sense to slowly make them more accessible.  This could encourage players to try the raid to push to the 8 set, not necessarily just due to lazy ness of players

2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Do you honestly think people would farm that cancerous pile of rubbish aka MSP if there were better ways to acquire TT SS? Are you implying you never set foot in MSP and all 8 pieces of your TT SS came strictly from TT boss drops? 

Actually with double drop weekend MSP is not horrible for blue scales fragments/bound mats (not best source but not bad), with a side bonus of some evolve stones and garnet.  Note not a lot but as msp isn’t to hard, and as drop rate from koldrak is still super rare it is a nice bonus combining all of these.

Now I wouldn’t call it lazy tho, definitely still takes time to form group and get through the stages.

Edited by Nihilu

6 hours ago, Nihilu said:

Thus when there is more to the game they can make the last raids Matt’s tradable.  It is an artificial way to extend game play before major updates, as players will always burn through content faster then it can be created.

This would be more understandable. I figured it's not a big deal if someone sent wings to their main who's running TT, because I mean... you're clearing the raid and just speeding up a tedious process slightly; getting the correct stat Soul Shield or maxing it, but you still earned the achievement to buy them. Still though, it's a fair point.