BT vs Myth Ring: opinions

Laseen

Hello, I'm playing a warden, at the moment equipped with a BT ring-stage 3 and I just managed to bid a cheap Imperial Ring.

I'm aware that Mystic > Crit dmg and such, BUT I was wondering if it could be a good choice to upgrade to a Myth ring stage 9/10 for the following reason:

- together with Skyreach Gloves + Prophecy Neck + Bracelet i could get the 4set bonus (10ap and gaining 150 Mystic back...BT-3 gives 384)

- my sheet crit rate is ~50% so the 10%crit chance increase should be efficient (if I recall correctly around 89% in dps meter)

- I don't have a TT raid and it would be one thing less to worry about

- IF in the future I can afford a TT ring, i can always switch it to pvp with a little investment (I do some middle-tier bgs)

What do you think? Should all bonuses and stat give an actual upgrade or those extra 234 Mystic from BT-3 are still better?
Thanks for your insight :3 

Unless you seriously cannot access a TT raid, then you can go Myth Ring. However, note that it will just become another red crux which cannot be used on raid accs, or just turn into pvp ring in a long-run, while you can have the resources saved by waiting for TT ring instead.

Also, BT Ring has more than just Mystic. It has skill modifier, and while its own buff is meh, ring modifier is often your main DPS skill. In addition, Warden is one of classes that benefits from having higher Mystic, since Bladeward boosts Mystic scaling with your total Mystic.

My Friend Aestigon used Awakened myth ring 3 til now and upgraded TT ring to 10 like 2 days ago. As a Frost Warden he says hes doing consistently worse in Stage 4 Turtle, because of the crit rate loss and most dungeons feel that way too. Thats Warden tho, low crit rate and 40% bonus to ele dmg and crappy modifier on ring.

Anyway back to the topic u lose absolutely 0 getting awakened myth 3, because if u want the pvp ring u would upgrade the pve path anyway, because of the pvp paths retarded bloodstone cost to get there, arround 100+.

Also Myth Rings no doubt quite an increase for all classes over BT anyway, beside BD/FM(smaller for them, due to high crit rate and 40% ele bonus). Depends on ur class tho and how good ur ring modifier is.

So theres really no reason not to go for it, u will swap to the pvp path anyway from pve path awakened 3. So you can parse for urself to be sure.

Edited by Crona Darkdance

Actually mystic is not always > crit damage. Reason to that is a thing called Normalization. If you start having too much mystic then normalization kicks in and reduces the overall gain more and more the higher your mystic goes, eventually making crit damage significantly better choice.

If you have, let's say 2k mystic, that means 500 mystic at that point will roughly give you only around 7% more damage compared to around 12-15% if you have no mystic. Getting 2k mystic without ring or necklace is tricky, but most certainly possible making mythic ring and prophecy necklace very very powerful compared to raid ones. Now the skill buffs from raid ring is actually not that significant as i believe it adds that 5% boost to either unbuffed non crit damage or to the base skill damage. Making the effect quite low.

To give a better understanding i have some math to show what i mean.

If you have 1.8k mystic without ring, 95 points of mystic will give you 1.75% damage. Divide that with 95 and you get what 1 point of mystic gives. BT ring at max stage gives 458 mystic so that be (1.75/95)*458 = 8.43% damage boost.

Will be slightly lower because normalization constantly kicks in the more mystic you have. Now compared to Inheritor's ring max stage, you would gain total of 1714 crit damage. Just for comparison, let's say you have 247% crit damage without any ring equipped. 95 crit damage gives 1.8% at that level.

So that is (1.8/95)*1714 = 32.47% crit damage boost. 247% becomes 269,47%.

Now if we start calculating your actual damage output we need to take the average hit you do. For BD that would be roughly 45k per hit non-crit damage that he can do easily with Aransu weapon and soulshields. That's without ring applied. Let's add BT ring's skill damage buff to it which is 3% at max. 3% to 45k = 1350 = 46350 non crit damage

With BT ring you gain 500 crit damage so (1.8/95)*500 = 9.47% so total crit damage is 256.47%. That makes total crit damage be 46350*2.5647 =118873 points of crit damage on every critical hit.

With Inheritor's ring it's only crit damage boosts so calculation will be like this.

45000* 2.6947 =121261 points of crit damage on every critical hit.

Obviously BT ring gives you more non-crit damage but critical hits are going to be lower than with inheritors ring with the stats i mentioned. But because inheritor gives you 10% crit chance passively, it might actually be way better than BT ring. Combine Inheritor with BT earring and yeah, you got TONS of crit chance to make inheritor's ring be even better than BT ring. The differences in damage is not huge however upgrade costs certainly are. And this is just inheritor's ring, mythic ring will give even more boosts.

In my opinion it's not worth spending all those premium transformation stones on trying to max out on BT ring. Grand celestial ring probably is worth it though.

Edited by Amarathiel

7 hours ago, Laseen said:

Hello, I'm playing a warden, at the moment equipped with a BT ring-stage 3 and I just managed to bid a cheap Imperial Ring.

I'm aware that Mystic > Crit dmg and such, BUT I was wondering if it could be a good choice to upgrade to a Myth ring stage 9/10 for the following reason:

- together with Skyreach Gloves + Prophecy Neck + Bracelet i could get the 4set bonus (10ap and gaining 150 Mystic back...BT-3 gives 384)

- my sheet crit rate is ~50% so the 10%crit chance increase should be efficient (if I recall correctly around 89% in dps meter)

- I don't have a TT raid and it would be one thing less to worry about

- IF in the future I can afford a TT ring, i can always switch it to pvp with a little investment (I do some middle-tier bgs)

What do you think? Should all bonuses and stat give an actual upgrade or those extra 234 Mystic from BT-3 are still better?
Thanks for your insight :3 

you forget about something here, Raid ACC give boost to entire party with their buff
while pve ACC only give boost to yourself

Edited by Fiana

The reason mystic scales better with warden is because of its low crit rate, and mystic scales with all hits, not just with critical. Also stacking a lot of crit damage itself will also not help you.

There are classes that benefit slightly more from crit damage, and classes that benefit more from mystic, but overall you should keep them both somewhat "balanced". Raid accessories also have the skill modifier which in some cases benefits you more.

Another thing to point out is you can salvage the stage 10 BT accessory for a crut for the next stage ring. Else you add another 500 moonstones cost to it.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, especially @Amarathiel for all the math :)

I see there are different opinions on this... @Fiana true, I forgot to consider Skill modifier and raid buff. On the other hand, I think that upgrading from BT3->10 for the crux is not much cheaper than 480moon+ely crystals for the early refinement. 

I'm convinced, I'll give it a try, like @Crona Darkdance said, it would be the best way to upg for pvp anyway.

@Kozuki I could afford it somehow, but it would be (upgrade costs aside) another thing I'd have to buy from a raid, something I'm not very comfortable with.

@Grimoir That's why I was trying to give some info about crit%, set bonuses, class...I was hoping someone could have a better clue where that 'balance' is.

I'll let you know for science how it goes. :)