Forums

Too many Oils required for everything. Stop this insanity.

Rysa

True Cosmic Soul to True Tiger => 132 oils

New Soul tier => 200+ oils

New Heart tier => 119 oils

Max badge => 24 oils

Enough.

This insanity needs to stop.

The gap between F2P and whales is now insurmountable by any means. There is zero way of farming Evo stones efficiently. The amount of oils you can score per event is too low, or they cost too much event currency.

The amount of oils needed per upgrade has reached new levels of absurdity.  It needs to be very significantly reduced, by 60% at the very least. Enough of this milking, this is sickening.

• Like 8

And here you see a BnS player in its natural habitat, trying to keep off the predator NCSoft from creeping up behind and taking a portion of its hard earned money. Since the player knows it has to spend the entire spring and summer to gather enough money to survive winter, it tries to strike a deal to the unmovable NCSoft to try and soften in its position. In exchange the player offers to pledge its loyalty to the game. Will NCSoft accept the deal? We'll discover it in the next episodes of "Probably not" your favourite nature documentary about the various kinds of gamers that inhabit our beautiful internet.

• Like 3

Honestly, getting a decent good soul (aka awakened cosmic stage 1 or so) does not take long with the amount you can get from events. And if you really want one, store sells a cosmic soul stage 1 basically. It's 1 time per account but still. Point is, having max soul is a luxury, NOT a necessity for anything other than showing off your 2-3 million dps that is not a must to clear dungeons/raids anywhere. Devs do not want every single player to have max soul in 4 months or so as that would break the very meaning of this game.

Reason why you need so many oils is simple: They are the BEST items in the game that give insane stat boosts, obviously it makes sense that this kind of items need to be extremely time consuming to get if you do not want to "whale" it. In my opinion people having this mindset of "I want max gear before next patch" is the reason why players are leaving the game. That's not how mmo games work and that's not how it should ever work, period. Go about with the upgarding on your own pace, you cannot always expect the game to just come to your level and make things easier if you cannot farm that much or have lots of work or whatever of the sort.

There could be more ways to get items such as evolved stones, hongmoon powders etc. for sure, I agree on that. Otherwise, everything is good as it is right now.

14 hours ago, Avatamsa said:

And here you see a BnS player in its natural habitat, trying to keep off the predator NCSoft from creeping up behind and taking a portion of its hard earned money. Since the player knows it has to spend the entire spring and summer to gather enough money to survive winter, it tries to strike a deal to the unmovable NCSoft to try and soften in its position. In exchange the player offers to pledge its loyalty to the game. Will NCSoft accept the deal? We'll discover it in the next episodes of "Probably not" your favourite nature documentary about the various kinds of gamers that inhabit our beautiful internet.

Quite amusing.  Unfortunately the predator in this documentary is a parasitic organism that has no problem killing its host to extract as much as possible.  Then it just moves on to it's next victim.  But there is a new kind of organism that has started to realize this kind of behavior is unacceptable and has strengthened it's defenses and, much like the Pagolin, has the ability to roll up into a ball to protect it's soft underbelly (wallet).

Edited by Deadly Intent

44 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

Honestly, getting a decent good soul (aka awakened cosmic stage 1 or so) does not take long with the amount you can get from events. And if you really want one, store sells a cosmic soul stage 1 basically. It's 1 time per account but still. Point is, having max soul is a luxury, NOT a necessity for anything other than showing off your 2-3 million dps that is not a must to clear dungeons/raids anywhere. Devs do not want every single player to have max soul in 4 months or so as that would break the very meaning of this game.

Reason why you need so many oils is simple: They are the BEST items in the game that give insane stat boosts, obviously it makes sense that this kind of items need to be extremely time consuming to get if you do not want to "whale" it. In my opinion people having this mindset of "I want max gear before next patch" is the reason why players are leaving the game. That's not how mmo games work and that's not how it should ever work, period. Go about with the upgarding on your own pace, you cannot always expect the game to just come to your level and make things easier if you cannot farm that much or have lots of work or whatever of the sort.

There could be more ways to get items such as evolved stones, hongmoon powders etc. for sure, I agree on that. Otherwise, everything is good as it is right now.

Yes events are a benefit when you have 7 toons and can get those upgrades easily but only on one toon. It leaves my alts stuck with the soul earned through events while my main goes for the high tiers.  Out of everything in the game, the soul upgrade system is actually the most tedious. More so than the weapons because of how many oils they take and how costly oils really are.   (last i checked its around 200g - 300g depending on the server.) Thats close to 28k gold to upgrade to full tier. 

Im actually hoping we dont get another upgrade beyond true tiger/true dragon for atleast 1 more year.  Otherwise it also feels like a carrot on a stick. 

Most of my alts are stuck at Ascending soul because it takes 10 oils to get true ascending. (Which is basically 2k gold for new players who struggle earning gold in the first place.)  I do hope we get another soul event but this time for true ascending instead of just ascending. Its the only way I see my alts getting past that bridge.

Just my two cents.  

wait why badges and hearts need oils? wtf lol

no wait why do we need more tiers of soul hearts badges w/e..? do we really need to make people do 100mill dps per second because next content will be just recolour bt with 700zillion hp?

But how else can they get you to keep logging in and playing the game everyday?? If there's nothing to gear for months at a time, what else is there even to do?

-is what I'd ask if I were a complete newbie to MMORPGS.
Extra points for "and what else could they use to make money??"

We've been proven time and time again that most of NC doesn't actually play video games. How people who don't even play games wind up in the gaming moderation field I'll never know, but here they are. Constantly doing everything wrong and then ignoring customers who tell them how to fix it, opting to just do something even worse instead probably under the assumption that "well they wont ACTUALLY quit" only to be shocked and appalled when their numbers start dropping. I dont know, not much else to say anymore. New thing costs 100+ oils. Yup sounds about right lol.

They are looking into Evolved Stones situation since last year and up to this day they didn't even bother to experiment with new sources of this material.

It's sad to see that you need thousands of Evolved Stones + other materials to craft hundreds of Oils for

1) Soul

2) Heart

3) Badges

4) Pristine Oils for Accesories

Yet still there is zero farmable efficient sources of Evolved Stones.

SoulStone Plains when you kill everything in like 3 Hits two times in hour may give you ~ 4 evolved stones considering you'll have luck with getting Keys + appropriate badges from two different bosses.

MSP 1-6 - Looking out opening of hundreds of Boxes stages 5/6 chances of getting evolved stones are hilarious ; in like 500 chests you may get ~30 evolved stones

Celestial Basins - Outdated and irrelevant at this point and droprates of evolved stones are also hilarious.

15 hours ago, Rysa said:

There is zero way of farming Evo stones efficiently

This.  Plus the fact we need to re-farm our whole inventory of demon stones.

----

It would be nice tho if people not start asking "why are your soul behind".  Then we can have so called "Long term upgrade plan" for soul. 

In my opinion I feel like the upgrades are just not scaled correctly. I can understand using 10 oils when it's time to reach an important stage of Soul or maxing your accessories but I don't get it why some 'useless' stages still asks for that much oils.

Some examples :

1- Hongmoon 6-10 still requires oils, somehow. 

2- Some Soul stages increases their cost between "same tier", f.e. I need 6 oils to go awk cosmic 3 but 4 to go awk cosmic 2 when in fact, the bonus I get is the exact same. (2% mystic and +10 mystic)

:v

Also I wish it'd be something else than a Pristine oil as well for maxing accs.