Newbies/Alts Do Yourself a Favor and Get Raven 3

wefhqweig

Just my 2 cents, maybe it can help some newbies out, linked a nice in depth video below as well in case you'd rather just watch that. 

To make it clearer for some people. I'm suggesting to use 2 weapons. Saving your Riftwalk/Dawnforge weapon since it makes it cheaper to reach Raven 9 or Aransu, so this is the weapon you'd be upgrading. And at the same time, you'd be playing with a Raven 3 weapon for the better damage, but not upgrading it.  If you aren't getting Raven 9 or better within a week, then reaching Raven 3 isn't costly or hard and the damage increase it'll give over Riftwalk/Dawnforge is more than worth it. You don't have to give up any mats like Moonstone or Elysian Crystals to obtain Raven 3, the story quests and the 3 starter quests: The Dead Refuse to Die, Know Thine Enemy I, and Know Thine Enemy II provide everything you need to get Raven 3 and most of what you'd need to reach Riftwalk/Dawnforge 3 if you have to reroll another weapon to get the 8 gem slots.

Acquiring the Baleful/ weapon, if you weren't fortunate enough to get an 8 slot one from the story, can be purchased with Naryu Silver from a Naryu Coin Exchanger like in Jadestone Village. If your main has the Naryu Silver/Tablets, just mail some over, if not then:
You can farm Naryu Silver from the 3 mini bosses in Celestial Basin(The ones that respawn every minute) and keep buying Dark/Light boxes until you get an 8 slot weapon.
The Naryu Tablets to upgrade from Baleful/Seraph can be purchased with Celestial Peaches in the same area. If you don't have peaches or can't get them from The Dead Refuse to Die or Know Thine Enemy, then you can farm peaches and buy tablets for 300 peaches each.

Lastly the Raven material and Raven King's Souls can either be obtained from BT(Skybreak Spire), Moon Refuge or purchased in F5. The market is currently bugged, and even Exact Match doesn't work for these. To find the Raven King's Souls, open F5, click on the Chest category, then just browse through the 1st couple pages. For the legendary material(orange name), search the Chest and Crafting categories and set your filter for Legendary & Above. Check both to find which is cheaper. The Sealed Trace of the Skybreak King Box let's you choose which Raven Material you want, so make sure that it's not cheaper than directly buying the specific material you need. Prices range a lot throughout the week, cheapest on Tuesday/Wednesday. If you need more details on how to check F5, just check the picture here.

Edited by wefhqweig
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, wefhqweig said:

Just my 2 cents, maybe it can help some newbies out, linked a nice in depth video below as well in case you'd rather just watch that. 

Saving your Riftwalk/Dawnforge weapons as a potentially cheaper method of reaching Raven 9 or Aransu is fine. I preferred staying with Raven>Aransu because getting gem slots with Riftwalk can be a hassle. If you aren't very lucky or very patient, unlocking gem slots may end up costing more than the Raven path, and I also enjoyed progressing my weapon over time for smaller upgrades rather than waiting a longer time for one big upgrade, but that's just my preference. Anyway, if you aren't getting Raven 9/Aransu within a week, reaching Raven 3 isn't costly or hard and the damage increase it'll give over Riftwalk is more than worth it.

Acquiring the basic weapon, if you weren't fortunate enough to get an 8 slot one from the story, can be purchased with Naryu Silver from a Naryu Coin Exchanger like in Jadestone Village. If your main has the Naryu Silver/Tablets, just mail some over, if not then:
You can farm Naryu Silver from the 3 mini bosses in Celestial Basin(The ones that respawn every minute) and keep buying Dark/Light boxes until you get an 8 slot weapon.
The Naryu Tablets to upgrade from Baleful/Seraph can be purchased with Celestial Peaches in the same area. If you don't have peaches or can't get them from The Dead Refuse to Die or Know Thine Enemy, then you can farm and buy tablets for 300 peaches each.

Lastly the Raven material and Raven King's Souls can either be obtained from BT(Skybreak Spire) or purchased in F5. The market is currently bugged, and even Exact Match doesn't work for these. To find the Raven King's Souls, open F5, click on the Chest category, then just browse through the 1st couple pages. For the legendary material(orange name), search the Chest and Crafting categories and set your filter for Legendary & Above. Check both to find which is cheaper. The Sealed Trace of the Skybreak King Box let's you choose which Raven Material you want, so make sure that it's not cheaper than directly buying the specific material you need. Prices range a lot throughout the week, cheapest on Tuesday/Wednesday. If you need more details on how to check F5, just check the picture here.

Cost more for the gem slots? Just go buy a dark (baleful) or light (Seraph) weapon chest til you get 8 slots to get up to rift, dawn stage 3 its like 35 naryu tablets and 90 silver. Which I did notice you said that but why on earth would you go raven any more is beyond me. Some people may argue the fact that the raid weapon is better generally speaking. However, more damage isn't always the better path to go in the case of a new player or alt. character. I always advise players to go the cheaper dungeon path up. Not only do you use less materials in the case of rift/dawn compared to raven but you can get there much quicker due to the lower material amount, realistically you can skip raven all together at this point in the game. On each alt I save roughly (factor in cost of buying the legendary elements mind you) 350 gold by going Rift / Dawn. Same applies going all the way up, most can skip raven all together and skip up to storm dragon / exalted stage 6 without leaving Moon Refuge with the exception of 1 weapon required being Drowning Deeps which then switch over to Aransu Stage 6 or go all the way up to Storm / Exalted 9 then switch over for far less then what it would take by going up the ranks via the raid path.

Sure in some cases their dps will suffer only briefly depending on how long it takes them to go up to their end goal but saving so much money in the process which can be used to actually work on their accessories (and if anyone wants to point out my characters, I flip flop around on which one I'm considering as my main too much to really care in what order I max out my gear since each one of my characters can do 400-500k dps). In the long run as much as I see people complaining about gold 'nerfs', going the cheaper path will result in more overall fun and no you really don't need that big dick dps until Nightfall Sanctuary as you are fine for 90% of dungeons with yes even a dawn / rift Stage 6 weapon.

5 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Cost more for the gem slots? Just go buy a dark (baleful) or light (Seraph) weapon chest til you get 8 slots to get up to rift, dawn stage 3 its like 35 naryu tablets and 90 silver. Which I did notice you said that but why on earth would you go raven any more is beyond me. Some people may argue the fact that the raid weapon is better generally speaking. However, more damage isn't always the better path to go in the case of a new player or alt. character. I always advise players to go the cheaper dungeon path up. Not only do you use less materials in the case of rift/dawn compared to raven but you can get there much quicker due to the lower material amount, realistically you can skip raven all together at this point in the game. On each alt I save roughly (factor in cost of buying the legendary elements mind you) 350 gold by going Rift / Dawn. Same applies going all the way up, most can skip raven all together and skip up to storm dragon / exalted stage 6 without leaving Moon Refuge with the exception of 1 weapon required being Drowning Deeps which then switch over to Aransu Stage 6 or go all the way up to Storm / Exalted 9 then switch over for far less then what it would take by going up the ranks via the raid path.

Sure in some cases their dps will suffer only briefly depending on how long it takes them to go up to their end goal but saving so much money in the process which can be used to actually work on their accessories (and if anyone wants to point out my characters, I flip flop around on which one I'm considering as my main too much to really care in what order I max out my gear since each one of my characters can do 400-500k dps). In the long run as much as I see people complaining about gold 'nerfs', going the cheaper path will result in more overall fun and no you really don't need that big dick dps until Nightfall Sanctuary as you are fine for 90% of dungeons with yes even a dawn / rift Stage 6 weapon.

Good point on the gem slots, I'll edit that out, for some reason it went right over my head lol. As for everything else, did you read or skim through the post and miss the main point? I'm saying to get a Raven 3 weapon and stop there, because it's cheap and cost effective for the dps increase and just better gameplay experience over using a Riftwalk weapon. I am promoting upgrading Rift because it's cheaper, but saying while you upgrade that, to use Raven 3 so you don't have handicapped damage. And as for my case, when I was upgrading Raven 3+, I preferred to stay Raven and upgrading when I could, rather than waiting longer until I could jump straight to Aransu or Raven 9, this was before the updates, so I guess it may be less relevant now.

The way this trend seems to be going, I feel newbies are almost being mislead to constantly gimp themselves on damage until Aransu 6/9, which even with the cheaper path takes a significant amount of time to reach. I think it should at least be considered whether or not it's worth just using the raid path weapon for better damage so you can have more fun while progressing at least at the earlier game.

I myself picked raven 3 for my alts, and am currently on raven 6 on my main. Instead of picking a weapon with 8 slots, mine got them all unlocked as I kept upgrading it. Risky I know, but it was nice to get it there. As the initial poster said, it's kind of fun to do it this way, even though it may not be the cheapest. I'm going VERY slow here in comparison with what most may call average progression speed (doesn't help that I'm trying to gear up all my alts slowly at the same time, derp). I'm not aiming at any top spot. All I want is to be able to do low tier dailies and strengthen my character enough to be confident into joining some raids and have a significant contribution there since I totally hate to be carried, despite how disastrously bad I play. My current modest weapon aim for my main is aransu 3 at the moment.

As for prices for raven energy/ferocity/animus, I haveve consistently seen the choice box selling for cheaper (17G usually) than the actual items (25G, and depending on which of the 3 you need, some can go up to 40G). So yeah, some observation is required to get the best deal there.

My main character is still rather low on dps. Somewhere between 100 to 200 K, near 300K with buffs like food or soulburn. But that's because I'm using the accessories from refuge, which by now are not the strongest ones, and they are far from maxed. The merchant has some stronger accessories but they cost 600 buds if I remember correctly, not an amount you'd farm in "just a few days". Still, and again, it's kind of fun to at least follow what others did in the past instead of skipping stuff. I'm also still using lowbie gems. An octa and a bunch of story hexas. Will look into that eventually too.

Anyway, I'm still bad at the game. My reaction times are way too slow to be competent on harder content, and harder more active dungeons literally give me headaches anyway. So all I want from this game is what pretty much everyone else already has for granted. Not to be a top dog, but to at least feel relevant wherever I play with others.

4 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

I myself picked raven 3 for my alts, and am currently on raven 6 on my main. Instead of picking a weapon with 8 slots, mine got them all unlocked as I kept upgrading it. Risky I know, but it was nice to get it there. As the initial poster said, it's kind of fun to do it this way, even though it may not be the cheapest. I'm going VERY slow here in comparison with what most may call average progression speed (doesn't help that I'm trying to gear up all my alts slowly at the same time, derp). I'm not aiming at any top spot. All I want is to be able to do low tier dailies and strengthen my character enough to be confident into joining some raids and have a significant contribution there since I totally hate to be carried, despite how disastrously bad I play. My current modest weapon aim for my main is aransu 3 at the moment.

As for prices for raven energy/ferocity/animus, I haveve consistently seen the choice box selling for cheaper (17G usually) than the actual items (25G, and depending on which of the 3 you need, some can go up to 40G). So yeah, some observation is required to get the best deal there.

My main character is still rather low on dps. Somewhere between 100 to 200 K, near 300K with buffs like food or soulburn. But that's because I'm using the accessories from refuge, which by now are not the strongest ones, and they are far from maxed. The merchant has some stronger accessories but they cost 600 buds if I remember correctly, not an amount you'd farm in "just a few days". Still, and again, it's kind of fun to at least follow what others did in the past instead of skipping stuff. I'm also still using lowbie gems. An octa and a bunch of story hexas. Will look into that eventually too.

Anyway, I'm still bad at the game. My reaction times are way too slow to be competent on harder content, and harder more active dungeons literally give me headaches anyway. So all I want from this game is what pretty much everyone else already has for granted. Not to be a top dog, but to at least feel relevant wherever I play with others.

People like you are the ones I'd enjoy helping, playing with and learning with. My gripe is with the ones using Riftwalk 3+ and doing under 100k dps on something as simple as MSP stage 1. Lost a lot of my patience one MSP run where quite literally over half the raid was sub 100k. If it's a group of people new to the game, learning their rotation and in story gear, but improving, I'd be 100% fine with that and even offer advice if I can, but this was not the case.

P.S. finding a nice group to practice with helps a lot. Muscle memory and knowledge for attack patterns and mechanics can help a lot to make up for slower reaction times, you can still do great in a lot of the higher content with enough dedication.

39 minutes ago, wefhqweig said:

Good point on the gem slots, I'll edit that out, for some reason it went right over my head lol. As for everything else, did you read or skim through the post and miss the main point? I'm saying to get a Raven 3 weapon and stop there, because it's cheap and cost effective for the dps increase and just better gameplay experience over using a Riftwalk weapon. I am promoting upgrading Rift because it's cheaper, but saying while you upgrade that, to use Raven 3 so you don't have handicapped damage. And as for my case, when I was upgrading Raven 3+, I preferred to stay Raven and upgrading when I could, rather than waiting longer until I could jump straight to Aransu or Raven 9, this was before the updates, so I guess it may be less relevant now.

The way this trend seems to be going, I feel newbies are almost being mislead to constantly gimp themselves on damage until Aransu 6/9, which even with the cheaper path takes a significant amount of time to reach. I think it should at least be considered whether or not it's worth just using the raid path weapon for better damage so you can have more fun while progressing at least at the earlier game.

Nah I read but you also didn't say make 2 weapons and only upgrade one past stage 3. Either way as a older player you know and so do I, you aren't really gimping you damage enough to not be taken to dungeons or other things. What I do have issue with is people completely skipping on upgrading their bracelet and thinking that is ok just because they can go to the next one fairly quicker. You only get so much dps out of a raven 3 where as once they get say Rift / Dawn 6 they are better off just trashing the Raven 3 all together, which almost makes it kind of pointless to even bother wasting the tablets / peaches for that when they could of used the free peaches from the new quest rewards for the 2 basin weapons (10k peach), farm Moon Refuge for less then a hour at spiders with a party and just go straight to Rift 6 /Dawn 6 without much issue. Letting them focus on what really gives them the dps, the accessories.

They can get all of the required weapons from Basin or Moon Refuge to really go up to Exalted 5 / Storm 5.

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi

13 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Nah I read but you also didn't say make 2 weapons and only upgrade one past stage 3. Either way as a older player you know and so do I, you aren't really gimping you damage enough to not be taken to dungeons or other things. What I do have issue with is people completely skipping on upgrading their bracelet and thinking that is ok just because they can go to the next one fairly quicker. You only get so much dps out of a raven 3 where as once they get say Rift / Dawn 6 they are better off just trashing the Raven 3 all together, which almost makes it kind of pointless to even bother wasting the tablets / peaches for that when they could of used the free peaches from the new quest rewards for the 2 basin weapons (10k peach), farm Moon Refuge for less then a hour at spiders with a party and just go straight to Rift 6 /Dawn 6 without much issue. Letting them focus on what really gives them the dps, the accessories.

They can get all of the required weapons from Basin or Moon Refuge to really go up to Exalted 5 / Storm 5.

When I revised the post initially, I mistakenly removed both parts that would have suggested keeping both weapons like in the video. And as an older player, you're seriously saying for newbies/alts that Raven 3 vs Riftwalk isn't a worthwhile upgrade, but the accessories are? Some of the weapons are now 100% drop chances and always drop your class-specific weapon, sparing some peaches for tablets is fine, you don't have to grind weapons like you used to, just run the easier dungeons once, and buy the harder ones with peaches/buds if you really can't do them. And this is assuming they have all the mats already and the weapons are the last things they need before getting something that make Raven 3 obsolete. At that point, this suggestion isn't really necessary for you. It's for the large number of people I see using these Riftwalk weapons for weeks.

Getting Raven 3 does not take away from upgrading your accessories, but the dps increase is comparable to that of the bracelet, if not even more, and it hardly sets you back from upgrading your Riftwalk weapon. It has almost no requirement to get Raven 3, you can get it fresh out of story just by doing Midnight Skypetal Plains(MSP), Heaven's Mandate(HM) and Cold Storage(CS) and farming peaches for a day or completing the quests Know Thine Enemy/The Dead Refuse to Die and getting some tablets/silves. Rather than waiting to get 1200g worth of mats, and 180 Elysian/Moonstone Crystals, you can get Raven 3 in a day for a nice upgrade. 

1 hour ago, wefhqweig said:

When I revised the post initially, I mistakenly removed both parts that would have suggested keeping both weapons like in the video. And as an older player, you're seriously saying for newbies/alts that Raven 3 vs Riftwalk isn't a worthwhile upgrade, but the accessories are? Some of the weapons are now 100% drop chances and always drop your class-specific weapon, sparing some peaches for tablets is fine, you don't have to grind weapons like you used to, just run the easier dungeons once, and buy the harder ones with peaches/buds if you really can't do them. And this is assuming they have all the mats already and the weapons are the last things they need before getting something that make Raven 3 obsolete. At that point, this suggestion isn't really necessary for you. It's for the large number of people I see using these Riftwalk weapons for weeks.

Getting Raven 3 does not take away from upgrading your accessories, but the dps increase is comparable to that of the bracelet, if not even more, and it hardly sets you back from upgrading your Riftwalk weapon. It has almost no requirement to get Raven 3, you can get it fresh out of story just by doing Midnight Skypetal Plains(MSP), Heaven's Mandate(HM) and Cold Storage(CS) and farming peaches for a day or completing the quests Know Thine Enemy/The Dead Refuse to Die and getting some tablets/silves. Rather than waiting to get 1200g worth of mats, and 180 Elysian/Moonstone Crystals, you can get Raven 3 in a day for a nice upgrade. 

I was actually referring mostly to using peaches for the 2 weapons that don't drop which are required for Stage 3-5 (Basin only - Ujara / Syrok which I have never seen drop after 100+ kills maybe ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ RNG *shrug*).

Also, maybe the large number of people using the riftwalk weapons for weeks are casual and just don't have the time to farm in order to upgrade faster. Doesn't really fault them for not using another weapon temp. Either way they will have to farm for Naryu Tablets, in your case twice. Maybe you should also add that if they are really new they should pick up forge keepers, soul wardens craft as it will offer them the best options. Gather materials daily and make the guild craft keys to level up to max then they can make their own primers, transformation stones fairly cheaply to cut down cost since people do like to overcharge on items to make a profit. Also, use events to their advantage at first for legendary elements, legendary jewels so they don't have that added cost when upgrading. (while it might not be a major help for older players using events like this and doing it for oil/pet pods, this is far more effective for newer)

34 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

I'll just throw this out there but there is a very good chance if you are pugging with rift/daft you're going to get kicked to the curb.  Fair?  Perhaps not.  Happens?  You bet.

Also I don't mean to double post but I have yet to really be kicked from dungeons on my alts, most are anywhere from Rift 6 to 9 (Dawn where it applies for the spec/class)

2 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

People like you are the ones I'd enjoy helping, playing with and learning with. My gripe is with the ones using Riftwalk 3+ and doing under 100k dps on something as simple as MSP stage 1. Lost a lot of my patience one MSP run where quite literally over half the raid was sub 100k. If it's a group of people new to the game, learning their rotation and in story gear, but improving, I'd be 100% fine with that and even offer advice if I can, but this was not the case.

P.S. finding a nice group to practice with helps a lot. Muscle memory and knowledge for attack patterns and mechanics can help a lot to make up for slower reaction times, you can still do great in a lot of the higher content with enough dedication.

Thanks. Here's my current "main". Yet another lyn -_- Lightning BD.

lsX9m3A.jpg

I suppose a BD pro will scold me for the infinite amount of gearing errors I may have, but I'm happy with what I'm doing on my own with just a little guidance from general gearing videos. Do note that while I don't have a soul badge, I do have a mystic badge at least. I'm saving up to get me a decent soul badge. And I will keep upgrading, even if slowly. I have no hurries there.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:26 PM, Hanuku said:

Thanks. Here's my current "main". Yet another lyn -_- Lightning BD.

lsX9m3A.jpg

I suppose a BD pro will scold me for the infinite amount of gearing errors I may have, but I'm happy with what I'm doing on my own with just a little guidance from general gearing videos. Do note that while I don't have a soul badge, I do have a mystic badge at least. I'm saving up to get me a decent soul badge. And I will keep upgrading, even if slowly. I have no hurries there.

I could probably help you get into BT runs for the accessories if you're interested, it wouldn't be an issue. If you're worried about not knowing mechs or not doing well enough, don't be, it's pretty much as easy as MSP 1-3 these days for dps, nothing at all that you'd have to worry about doing.

my bd is at dawnforge s3 and it's enough for an alt, also dawnforge looks better than raven so there's that...

On 27/04/2019 at 9:32 PM, wefhqweig said:

The Naryu Tablets to upgrade from Baleful/Seraph can be purchased with Celestial Peaches in the same area. If you don't have peaches or can't get them from The Dead Refuse to Die or Know Thine Enemy, then you can farm and buy tablets for 300 peaches each.

don't do that, only villains do that.

What you shoulkd do is hop to 45/50 content for sundered nexsus/naryu lab/poh24m for naryu coins or tablets, save peaches for better things.

Edited by RavTH

On 4/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, Kitsune Takahashi said:

I was actually referring mostly to using peaches for the 2 weapons that don't drop which are required for Stage 3-5 (Basin only - Ujara / Syrok which I have never seen drop after 100+ kills maybe ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ RNG *shrug*).

Also, maybe the large number of people using the riftwalk weapons for weeks are casual and just don't have the time to farm in order to upgrade faster. Doesn't really fault them for not using another weapon temp. Either way they will have to farm for Naryu Tablets, in your case twice. Maybe you should also add that if they are really new they should pick up forge keepers, soul wardens craft as it will offer them the best options. Gather materials daily and make the guild craft keys to level up to max then they can make their own primers, transformation stones fairly cheaply to cut down cost since people do like to overcharge on items to make a profit. Also, use events to their advantage at first for legendary elements, legendary jewels so they don't have that added cost when upgrading. (while it might not be a major help for older players using events like this and doing it for oil/pet pods, this is far more effective for newer)

Honestly, they should've just given Raven 3 with 6+ slots, the Riftwalk feels like a newbie trap. If it doesn't get gem slots, it's trash and they end up needing to evolve one anyway unless they take the gamble and get lucky or mistakenly work on it without knowing about the gem slots then they end up being milked for hammers. 

I remembered getting Naryu Tablets from the main quest, just wasn't certain how many, so I looked it up and you get a total of 25 from Act IX: Chapter 3/11/15. You either need (18 Naryu Tablets, 2 Raven King's Souls and 1 Raven material)  OR  (28 tablets, 1 Raven material and no souls), I'd prefer to just use the 2 souls, but let's stick with 10 tablets. On my latest alt, after doing the extra 3 quests Know Thine Enemy I, The Dead Refuse to Die, and Know Thine Enemy II, I have a 20,000 peaches. You would need to buy 31 more Naryu Tablets to reach Seraph or Baleful 12 twice, which will cost 9300 peaches, and you need 10k for the Syrok and Ujara weapons. Then the rest you can get on your daily grind, learning dungeons as you save up mats and Legendary Elements to evolve the rest of the way. And you would have the Raven 3, which gives you great AP multipliers by hundreds of percent, making it much more enjoyable to run those dungeons while working on your Riftwalk weapon.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Also I don't mean to double post but I have yet to really be kicked from dungeons on my alts, most are anywhere from Rift 6 to 9 (Dawn where it applies for the spec/class)

Not saying I'd kick someone for using Riftwalk, but 6 newbies with Raven 3 have a much better chance of doing Cold Storage than 6 with Riftwalk because of the difference in damage at that stage of the game. And I noticed that majority of the people I see doing under 70k dps in higher dungeons are using Rift, not Raven. I see plenty of people bragging about doing 200k+ dps with Raven 3, which is also kind of annoying, but at least it's easier to get things done with them.

12 minutes ago, RavTH said:

my bd is at dawnforge s3 and it's enough for an alt, also dawnforge looks better than raven so there's that...

don't do that, only villains do that.

What you shoulkd do is hop to 45/50 content for sundered nexsus/naryu lab/poh24m for naryu coins or tablets, save peaches for better things.

Don't those drop the regular Naryu Coins? It takes 20 of those to get 1 silver, much faster to just get the Silvers directly, but correct me if I'm wrong. And what you consider good enough for your alt, I may not consider good enough for my party, so you'd be kicked. But at least you'd look good.

8 minutes ago, wefhqweig said:

Not saying I'd kick someone for using Riftwalk, but 6 newbies with Raven 3 have a much better chance of doing Cold Storage than 6 with Riftwalk because of the difference in damage at that stage of the game. And I noticed that majority of the people I see doing under 70k dps in higher dungeons are using Rift, not Raven. I see plenty of people bragging about doing 200k+ dps with Raven 3, which is also kind of annoying, but at least it's easier to get things done with them.

did I mention that the bd also could do hong?
Also did the enrage timer change if they buffed up CS/HM or did they add another digit and just left everything else how it was?

1 minute ago, RavTH said:

did I mention that the bd also could do hong?
Also did the enrage timer change if they buffed up CS/HM or did they add another digit and just left everything else how it was?

That's you, but I've met a few who can't even do Yunsang with Rift/Dawn 3. That's knowing mechs and being efficient at playing through skill more than sheer damage. My suggestion is to increase damage and help your efficiency as you improve.

Edited by wefhqweig

Just now, wefhqweig said:

That's you, but I've met a few who can't even do Yunsang with Rift/Dawn 3. That's knowing mechs and being efficient at playing through skill more than sheer damage. My suggestion is to increase damage and help your efficiency as you improve.

there is that but then again it's just an alt, wasting mats on weapon would not give me hopes on having better jump at dps but probably getting a vt badge (if capable) for alt would suit better.

1 minute ago, RavTH said:

there is that but then again it's just an alt, wasting mats on weapon would not give me hopes on having better jump at dps but probably getting a vt badge (if capable) for alt would suit better.

Is that a bird? No, it's a plane? Nope, it's the topic going right over your head.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, wefhqweig said:

I didn't know that there was a percent chance to get an 8-slot Seraph or Baleful weapon. Was this definitively confirmed?

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

I could probably help you get into BT runs for the accessories if you're interested, it wouldn't be an issue. If you're worried about not knowing mechs or not doing well enough, don't be, it's pretty much as easy as MSP 1-3 these days for dps, nothing at all that you'd have to worry about doing.

Yeah. I'm still skimming through the surface here. Will eventually start doing more, including Koldrak and the 12man stuff. Right now I'm concentrating on buffing accessories and getting the last aransu SS pieces. I'm also lucky that I could get a decent soul from the pink ball event.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

also dawnforge looks better than raven so there's that...

I really dislike the look of the raven weapon. It's like a parasite hanging onto your back. Though I assume that was the aim when it was designed. I plastered mechanizer as a skin to it. It has lightning effects so kind of fits the lightning BD theme. BUT I miss seraph looks and the kanji-like symbols floating around the character.

1 hour ago, Snowyamur said:

I didn't know that there was a percent chance to get an 8-slot Seraph or Baleful weapon. Was this definitively confirmed?

I think you misunderstood. I said you farm the 3 mini bosses for Naryu Silver, and then you use those Naryu Silver to buy the Light or Dark Weapon Boxes from a Naryu Coin Exchanger and then the boxes give you a weapon with a random number of slots. Keep trying until you get an 8 slot weapon.

1 minute ago, wefhqweig said:

I think you misunderstood. I said you farm the 3 mini bosses for Naryu Silver, and then you use those Naryu Silver to buy the Light or Dark Weapon Boxes from a Naryu Coin Exchanger and then the boxes give you a weapon with a random number of slots. Keep trying until you get an 8 slot weapon.

That's what I said. I'm asking if this if this was definitively proven? I just bought 4 Seraph weapon boxes from the Naryu Coin exchanger in Grand Square, but all of them came with at least 5 gem slots.

1 minute ago, Snowyamur said:

That's what I said. I'm asking if this if this was definitively proven? I just bought 4 Seraph weapon boxes from the Naryu Coin exchanger in Grand Square, but all of them came with at least 5 gem slots.

Oh.. well yeah it's confirmed, it's something almost every player in the game with an 8 gem slot weapon has done.

• Like 1

Just now, wefhqweig said:

Oh.. well yeah it's confirmed, it's something almost every player in the game with an 8 gem slot weapon has done.

Alright, time to do hardcore [Naryu Silver Coin] farming, then. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1