Class Change Voucher

Razerai

What do people think about having a Class Change Voucher added to F10?

It is very onerous to roll a new character with no items transferring over and constant new gear being added that even a main may be troubled in keeping up. I'm sure that we can all agree that the cost would have to be significant to deter people from flip-flopping to whatever class they want and flooding F8 with inexperienced top-tier toons. 20k NCOIN maybe?

Thoughts!?

• Like 1

Many see it as a good idea. Many see it as a bad idea. Won't happen as long as the heads behind the game don't see both good revenue from it and a good agreement within the player base. I personally wouldn't mind the idea, but many players will bring forth reasons why something like this should never happen. Some are valid, some are... not so valid, but still it's their reasoning for it.

the day a class change voucher appears, thats the day this game would go literally for the s...

If you dont like a class level a new one, its easy enough as it is. If you use a lvl 60 voucher, you can even try out the class before you make it. All you would have is ppl jumpoing to the current flavor of the month class, would completely destroy any variety in the game.

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

the day a class change voucher appears, thats the day this game would go literally for the s...

If you dont like a class level a new one, its easy enough as it is. If you use a lvl 60 voucher, you can even try out the class before you make it. All you would have is ppl jumpoing to the current flavor of the month class, would completely destroy any variety in the game.

Point isn't about leveling one up - the points is about all the gear needed to really play the class as it was intended to be

20 minutes ago, Razerai said:

Point isn't about leveling one up - the points is about all the gear needed to really play the class as it was intended to be

So long as devs and publishers get more money from whales and not so whales buying up everything again on a new character, they will view a class change voucher as less revenue, unless it's sold for an exorbitant amount of money (I'm talking about 200 dollars per voucher minimum).

From companys view of making money voucher is not that profitible as it lets ppl to switch all gear to other class and pass on the grind. That means they will buy less rng boxes or trove less becsuse they dont need thst much materials anymore like now on new char.

From player perspective  voucher is a nice thing- BUT. From my personal opinion it should have limitations on it. Like you can use it max1-2times per account. And it can be reseted like dualist bundle with every new class realease. Other wise ppl would just abuse it like hell by hoping classes to most op ones every balancing patches when dps ranking changes. Thats just my opinion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MantisxD said:

From companys view of making money voucher is not that profitible as it lets ppl to switch all gear to other class and pass on the grind. That means they will buy less rng boxes or trove less becsuse they dont need thst much materials anymore like now on new char.

From player perspective  voucher is a nice thing- BUT. From my personal opinion it should have limitations on it. Like you can use it max1-2times per account. And it can be reseted like dualist bundle with every new class realease. Other wise ppl would just abuse it like hell by hoping classes to most op ones every balancing patches when dps ranking changes. Thats just my opinion.

I would actually make it 1 time per account, period. Without resetting.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I would actually make it 1 time per account, period. Without resetting.

My personal would be 1 time with reset for new class. Because if new class is fun for you and you alrd changed before you could at least get a chance to change again. But after that,thats it. But its more for new classes. If you used both you cant use again till next class is realesed which we get every year or can be reverted by support :)

Not only would this voucher have to be expensive you guys seem to be forgetting the technical part of the issue. They would have to add another system to the game which can automatically re-seal all of your items so when you change to another class you also get the relevant weapon and accessories, soul badge, mystic badge etc. 

Just changing the class wouldn´t fly considering the playerbase, they would want their items intact too for the new class. So I see a huge headache for NC that they dont want. They screwed up with the White Orb fiasco, so I really doubt they could make something as a class change voucher.

IMO

On 4/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, Razerai said:

What do people think about having a Class Change Voucher added to F10?

It is very onerous to roll a new character with no items transferring over and constant new gear being added that even a main may be troubled in keeping up. I'm sure that we can all agree that the cost would have to be significant to deter people from flip-flopping to whatever class they want and flooding F8 with inexperienced top-tier toons. 20k NCOIN maybe?

Thoughts!?

I'm not on board with this, not because of the ridiculous price you set for this item, but because of the item itself. No MMORPG today would allow players to change their characters' classes in any way due to how difficult it would be to adjust nearly everything such that it fits the new class.

If players could change their class in Blade & Soul, NC would have to account for:

• gear and equipment having to be re-aligned to satisfy the new changed class.
  • items (material, quest, faction, etc.) would have to be changed
  • abilities and item sets would have to be changed
  • talents and extra slots received from [Training Voucher] would have to be re-spec'd properly
  • some items that are class-specific would have to be removed
  • etc.

These are few of many things that would have to be done if any player should decide to change their class. Not only is this complicated, but very time-consuming and not worth the trouble.

Better off making a new character and using a [Level 60 Voucher] instead to avoid this complication. Having the tedious process of switching characters back and forth is less complicated than having this class-change system.

19 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

Better off making a new character and using a [Level 60 Voucher] instead to avoid this complication. Having the tedious process of switching characters back and forth is less complicated than having this class-change system.

This. The level 60 voucher does essentially what a class change voucher would do, while letting a player keep the older character. And in the case of most cosmetics, we have the (clunky but still useful) outfit transfer ticket system. Also, character deletion was set to 5 minutes for even level 60s. So we can claim that slot as soon as we choose to perma kill the old character. And we can even transfer it's looks by using the appearance picture function. And that part is free and immensely useful. Someone just changed a character and want the gear for it? They should earn it again while learning the ropes of the class. While whale gear is out of the grasp of most regular players (making this game officially p2w in my opinion), decent gear capable of doing most pve and some lucky pvp isn't as difficult to obtain as before.

The current system may be annoying for some, mostly those with characters at high gear tiers and who other than not knowing the perks of another class, still know dungeon mechs and stuff. But it's a small price to pay for the ability to hop onto another class. In older MMOs, people didn't have that luxury and were set to start from total scratch.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I like this idea. And if they want to make sure people don't over abuse the class change voucher, they could make it only changeable once per year.  (if even that. heck once per account would be fine too)

Edited by Fortunaea