Pet pods and pet pack farming

Mists

I haven't been able to upgrade my aura for over 1/2 a year because it's stupidly expensive to upgrade and there is no viable way to farm pet pods/packs. Please either drastically reduce the price or make a way to farm them. Do not give me solo dungeons as an answer to farm them because I have over 100 clears on hong and mao and have only seen 2. Stuck on pre unleashed ultimate, because I need over 100 just for a couple of stages and prices are 85ish gold. 8.5k Just to upgrade old content gear, pretty sad.

Edited by Mists
  • Like 1

Yeah, the RNG for getting Pet Pods from dungeon rewards is pretty screwed up. I'd rarely get any, and at most, I'm lucky if I could get at least one.

This needs to be changed. Having pet pods become a daily reward for doing a legendary dungeon is certainly viable.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You can do PVP and buy bloodstones and transmute them to pet packs.

Unfortunately, the PvP in Blade & Soul isn't good, but this is doable.

If one does it this way to get pet packs, it's a matter of whether you can withstand the torture of losing most of the time due to classes CC'ing you non-stop, while slowly burst-firing you down with moderately-high DPS or not.

8 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

Unfortunately, the PvP in Blade & Soul isn't good, but this is doable.

If one does it this way to get pet packs, it's a matter of whether you can withstand the torture of losing most of the time due to classes CC'ing you non-stop, while slowly burst-firing you down with moderately-high DPS or not.

True but arena is somewhat easier and more doable, copped with the 400 beans for just 2 wins per day its a decent way to "farm"

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

True but arena is somewhat easier and more doable, copped with the 400 beans for just 2 wins per day its a decent way to "farm"

But even then, there's still the "farming" aspect with PvP that's frustrating when given a horribly-balanced PvP system. If I'm reluctant to PvP despite me knowing that it'll help my character and alts. progress through the gear system, that's a sign that there's something wrong with PvP in Blade & Soul; I shouldn't have to feel that way, but I do because I know that there are some classes in this game that are broken for the reasons I described earlier.

16 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

Incorporating abilities on classes that stun players is not an issue, but it becomes one if players could combo to stunlock players in their tracks and prevent them from doing anything, especially when the abilities used for recovery are few to none, and there's no way to escape at that point. What I said in this quote highlights my frustration with doing PvP, and it's not worth my time nor stress to endure it just so I could get "a little bit ahead" when I could be getting very far ahead farming Moon Refuge, CS, HM, and raids non-stop.

As many PvPers on Blade & Soul pointed out: it's a matter of who strikes first because the one who initiates ends up stunlocking their enemy and killing them over time.

Edited by Snowyamur

13 minutes ago, Arohk said:

If you have no interest in pvP you don't need to upgarde your pet Crystal anyway, it gives you mostly PvP relevant stats.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Wish I did before I made my pet item Legendary.

Isn't the health and defense boost nice to have, though? They're quite high, and for PvE it's very useful.

4 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

Hmm, I didn't know that. Wish I did before I made my pet item Legendary.

Isn't the health and defense boost nice to have, though? They're quite high, and for PvE it's very useful.

They are nice to have, yeah, but not necessarily must-have:

1) In this game, healing is something self-sustain from drain gems. Unlike PvP where it is harder to come by due to random player skills, Bosses are static target with fixed rotation

2) Even if you have max pet, if you are careless, you still die or lose a  lot of DPS. High HP and Def are cool, but Pet won't help you face tank every single attack. Some attacks even deal fixed damage that ignore def. Meanwhile, a no pet person can survive just fine if they are careful to not get hit.

3) Many of pet stats are pvp orients. The only thing relevant to PvE is boss AP and healing. The latter can help a bit in case of DoT, but not permanent due to long cooldown.

4) You can have extra HP from unity system, which boosts your HP by a nice amount. Also talisman, though I don't advise upgrade it past the stage where it starts to ask for pet pack. And you can always have exyra HP from 20 HM points to defense, if you are desperate.

With that said, don't upgrade pet past awk.loyal, or ultimate stage, if you only pve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

With that said, don't upgrade pet past awk.loyal, or ultimate stage, if you only pve.

Thanks for the advice. I might instead focus upgrading my accessories and weapons, since I know those matter, and I still need to advance my Legendaries by a few more levels to gain the extra AP and crit. I need to improve my DPS.

Edited by Snowyamur