FPS drop/combat freeze issues got even worse since last patch

Dru Lockheart

As above. All flashy/big aoes /skills in combat make the game freeze and FPS drop to the ground, e.g. Soulburn/Soul Flare, Longgui red attacks, almost any attack from Desolate Mausoleum boss, to mention but a few.

Things I've tried so far that didn't help:

- unchecking everything from Camera options - helped with crashing at Longgui in MSP, but that's about it.

- lowering advanced graphics settings - no noticeable difference.

- using Optimize for Combat mode - helped a little.

- using potato graphics aka Optimized for Low End PC - no difference.

- scanning game files - no difference.

Have you tried using bnsbuddy? It helps a lot with performance of the game for people with not so high end computers. It is made specifically for blade and soul and the use of it is not bannable since it provides a lot of optimizations that the game does not have. It is also safe to use.

I just started having this problem myself today. My game has been perfectly fine up to the point but today I noticed that it isn't running as smooth. Slight frame-rate issue when moving. Games lags when opening boxes for a second. Loading into dungeons takes longer and when a boss is pulled my game just stops responding until it's dead.

I have a pretty good PC. my drivers and OS are up2date. I haven't changed or downloaded anything new so I have no idea why I having this problem but it's making the game unplayable for me.

MY PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-core Processor.

16.0 GB ram

821 GB Free memory

64-bit OS

Graphic card is: Radeon RX 580

Have you tried using bnsbuddy? It helps a lot with performance of the game for people with not so high end computers. It is made specifically for blade and soul and the use of it is not bannable since it provides a lot of optimizations that the game does not have. It is also safe to use.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. The use of it isn't bannable because it provides 'optimizations'? Of course the use of any third party client is bannable, regardless of the alleged 'optimizations'

Edited by WhatToUse

5 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings,

Some players reported that going to your game settings and unticking the "Use reflex context guide" box solved similar issues.

I had already had that turned off but anyway. I was able to fix the problem, needed to redownload the game.

So I am a new player and recently started playing. I had start up issues and insane frame drop and 60ish frames with frame drop to 40 or lower I was luck to hit 80 I tried lowering my resolution etc even lowering graphics all to 1. I even had like 3+ min start up times just to get the game started after I hit play, but what I saw all over reddit is that if you can; you should install Blade and soul on a ssd. I know it shouldn't improve anything but it does I can get my 3440x1440 100fps almost all the time and very rarely do I get frame drop with max graphics.

On 2019. 04. 15. at 9:54 PM, Grimoir said:

Everybody who is saying bnsbuddy is totaly safe and not bannable reason, here is a quote from a support letter for you:

"* Use of VPN's/Proxies
* Use of 3rd party programs such as BnS Buddy
* Account sharing

We do not condone the use or activity of any of the above, and they can result in permanent closure of your account.

18 hours ago, KyubeX said:

Everybody who is saying bnsbuddy is totaly safe and not bannable reason, here is a quote from a support letter for you:

"* Use of VPN's/Proxies
* Use of 3rd party programs such as BnS Buddy
* Account sharing

We do not condone the use or activity of any of the above, and they can result in permanent closure of your account.

Then support doesnt know what they are talking about because it was clearly stated by the producer that using VPN / proxy / ping bossters and bns buddy will not get you banned.

The only difference is if by using those your game will not work properly / crash / have other issues support wont assist you with those software. Other than that , and this is the current cound: 3467 BnS plkayers are currently logged in via bns buddy.

so either use it and play in an optimized way because the clinet lacks that or continue with your issues.

Edited by Grimoir

32 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Then support doesnt know what they are talking about because it was clearly stated by the producer that using VPN / proxy / ping bossters and bns buddy will not get you banned.

The only difference is if by using those your game will not work properly / crash / have other issues support wont assist you with those software. Other than that , and this is the current cound: 3467 BnS plkayers are currently logged in via bns buddy.

so either use it and play in an optimized way because the clinet lacks that or continue with your issues.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/blade-and-soul-user-agreement.php

Section 8

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MAY NOT, WITHOUT SIGNED WRITTEN CONSENT FROM A LEGALLY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF NCSOFT, DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

MISAPPROPRIATE, VIOLATE OR INFRINGE ANY THIRD-PARTY IP RIGHT;

USE ANY NCSOFT IP RIGHT EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE PERMITTED IN WRITING BY NCSOFT;

USE, OR PROVIDE OTHERS WITH, ANY SOFTWARE RELATED TO THE GAME, INCLUDING ANY AUTOMATION SOFTWARE (A.K.A. "BOT") OR SOFTWARE DESIGNED TO CHANGE OR MODIFY OPERATION OF THE GAME;

USE, OR PROVIDE OTHERS WITH, ANY "HACK," "CHEAT," "EXPLOIT" OR "MOD";

• 1 year later...

I have an old laptop, i5-2430M, 8gb, SSD 240gb, GT 430 1gb. Locations are loaded quickly, FPS always shows up to 60-100, but in dungeons of 12 people during the battle the FPS drops to 1-2, it is impossible to play. In ordinary dungeons of 6 people still tolerably drops to 10-15. On any settings.

There is also a desktop computer, i5-6500, 16gb, GTX 1060 6gb, 2 SSD 240 + 1TB. In battles of 12 people, the FPS also drops to 8-10, it’s difficult to play + freeze. Before 2 years ago, I didn’t have this, there are even old videos where I play and the FPS and the smoothness of the picture are clearly visible. Is there really not enough such a computer?:HajoonConfused:

P.S .. sorry for my English curve:YeharaBig: