Hawku   

Could anyone from ncsoft or any of you tell me why this dungeon must need an orb to complete it? instead of being optional if you wanna defeat a second boss like CS.

Grimoir   

Because HM only has 1 boss, plus thats the way it was designed. Plus due to the loot they cant make it farmable.

Edited by Grimoir

Hawku   
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Because HM only has 1 boss, plus thats the way it was designed. Plus due to the loot they cant make it farmable.

Yo can only enter once per day... same goes for CS. So your argument is invalid.

5 minutes ago, Hawku said:

Yo can only enter once per day... same goes for CS. So your argument is invalid.

It has always been setup this way and if memory serves me right, cold storage used to require 3 orbs to do the optional 2nd boss (I started in feb 2018 so wasn't around during that time). In any case why exactly shouldn't it require a orb to run?

Hawku   
5 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

It has always been setup this way and if memory serves me right, cold storage used to require 3 orbs to do the optional 2nd boss (I started in feb 2018 so wasn't around during that time). In any case why exactly shouldn't it require a orb to run?

You can complete the dung in cs wthout needing the orb though, so your answer is still invalid.

Edited by Hawku

31 minutes ago, Hawku said:

You can complete the dung in cs wthout needing the orb though, so your answer is still invalid.

Kind of one sided by you as you offer no reason as to why they should remove the orb required. If you like something to change you need to provide reasonable constructive ideas.

Here is a example, since it is a one time only dungeon one who argue that since we need to buy a reset in order to run the dungeon in question for a 2nd time that day the orb should be removed to allow anyone to run it while still maintaining the option for the company to make money off the resets. Which would also cut down on the amount of items that are required for us to store going off their latest trend of removing old items to cut down on the clutter.

Wasn't that hard to write that. So I ask you again, what exactly is "your" reasoning behind asking why it still requires one? Also they could always change it so Cold Storage Daily Challenge is moved to 2nd boss thus requiring a orb to complete and then your post would be null as well.

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi

Hawku   
5 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Kind of one sided by you as you offer no reason as to why they should remove the orb required. If you like something to change you need to provide reasonable constructive ideas.

Here is a example, since it is a one time only dungeon one who argue that since we need to buy a reset in order to run the dungeon in question for a 2nd time that day the orb should be removed to allow anyone to run it while still maintaining the option for the company to make money off the resets. Which would also cut down on the amount of items that are required for us to store going off their latest trend of removing old items to cut down on the clutter.

Wasn't that hard to write that. So I ask you again, what exactly is "your" reasoning behind asking why it still requires one?

CS is also being implemented in events and you can still enter once per day without needing the orb, so my question once again is, why do we need an orb to complete HM? when it's the same as CS, you don't have to run a lot, the boss is really simple and the rewards are the same.

This orb should be removed from HM or add something else inside the dung to use it after defeating the boss like in CS. People can farm CS if they want to using the same reset, so there's really no solid argument on why this orb must be needed to even fight the boss.

Edited by Hawku

2 minutes ago, Hawku said:

CS is also being implemented in events and you can still enter once per day without needing the orb, so my question once again is, why do we need an orb to complete HM? when it's the same as CS, you don't have to run a lot, the boss is really simple and the rewards are the same.

This orb should be removed from HM or add something else inside the dung to use it after defeating the boss like in CS. People can farm CS if they want to ith the same reset, so there's really no solid argument on why this orb must be needed to even fight the boss.

Or they could split the Heaven's mandate fight into 2 stages, First stage clears Daily Challenge and requires no Orb while 2nd gives extra loot but requires. Still being constructive is fun, spitballing ideas isn't it?

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi

Hawku   
Just now, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Or they could split the Heaven's mandate fight into 2 stages, First stage clears Daily Challenge and requires no Orb while 2nd gives extra loot but requires. Still be constructive is fun, spitballing ideas isn't it?

Good job buddy.

Nihilu   

the Rewards for it use to be better, I believe you use to need the mats to upgrade gear (wasn’t around but I think I heard that?).  Later they put pet pods in HM and CS part that took the orb.   HM is honestly an easier dungeon not to fail due to dps (or mechanics as mechanics are ignored mostly for first boss of CS) so that could be an argument as to why it requires an orb.

I am fine with the orb requirement, but I do believe they should boost the rewards from HM, or give better chances at a good Merchant of Wonder due to the requirements of needing the orb.  Thus making HM the more rewarding but gated dungeon, and CS the more consistently able to run dungeon, with still descent rewards.

1 hour ago, Hawku said:

I'm not sure how Grimoir's argument was invalid; he answered your question.

Heaven's Mandate is an Expert Dungeon that has you face one boss, and only one boss, and you require an Orb of Ascension to enter because that's the restriction placed on fighting the boss. The reason for the restriction is because of the three daily quests you finish for completing it: one from the NPC in the dungeon lobby, and two that auto-complete after beating the boss. They give lots of XP and items that would turn it into an easy farming ground if the orb restriction was removed. Plus, HM has the chance at counting as a daily challenge to complete, even more of a reason for the restriction.

On top of that, the loot you could get from the HM boss is valuable, with a chance at dropping the Hongmoon Duster, a rare costume that can't be obtained by any other means.

As for Cold Storage, only the first boss doesn't require the orb, but the second boss does. The second is required if you want the auto-complete rewards, on top of completing the daily quest you can pick up in the dungeon lobby. Yes, it's technically optional because you can leave after fighting the first boss, but then you would waste the run and leave with little reward, so that's why the orb is required for the second boss because that's where you get the rewards.

Hawku   
42 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

They give lots of XP and items that would turn it into an easy farming ground if the orb restriction was removed. Plus, HM has the chance at counting as a daily challenge to complete, even more of a reason for the restriction.

Yeah buddy, except that you're still forgetting one simple thing, to farm that dung you need resets, which aren't cheap but let's say you can afford to buy 100 resets if you want... you could just reset CS instead and still use the orb on the second boss if you so desire, and get even more mats and CS is listed as DC too some days instead of HM... so, yeah, your answer is kinda pointless.

Hanuku   

If you want to know exactly why is it like this, nobody here has that answer. Only the devs in Korea may know. So instead of asking why, why not just directly ask instead for the orb requirement to be removed. That way you avoid some collisions with other users around here.

16 minutes ago, Hawku said:

Yeah buddy, except that you're still forgetting one simple thing, to farm that dung you need resets, which aren't cheap but let's say you can afford to buy 100 resets if you want... you could just reset CS instead and still use the orb on the second boss if you so desire, and get even more mats and CS is listed as DC too some days instead of HM... so, yeah, your answer is kinda pointless.

So don't buy the resets, then? If you're trying to farm Cold Storage, you can do it daily. It's a choice to buy resets to hardcore-farm the dungeon to get the materials you want, but I don't see a reason to buy resets otherwise.

Hawku   
7 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

So don't buy the resets, then? If you're trying to farm Cold Storage, you can do it daily. It's a choice to buy resets to hardcore-farm the dungeon to get the materials you want, but I don't see a reason to buy resets otherwise.

You're missing the point. Yeah you could buy a reset, but a reset won't let you enter HM without the orb though. That's why i wonder, why do we need the orb for HM? when you could just reset CS and get the same mats from it.

It should just be removed as a requirement.

Edited by Hawku

1 minute ago, Hawku said:

You're missing the point. Yeah you could buy a reset, but a reset won't let you enter HM without the orb though. That's why i wonder, why do we need the orb for HM? when you could just reset CS and get the same mats from it.

Because when you reset the dungeon, you're resetting the entire dungeon, and every reset would require an Orb of Ascension to fight the boss because you're resetting the entire instance.

When you reset Cold Storage, it's the same thing. You finish Cold Storage fully by beating the second boss, since the first boss won't give you material rewards. You leave, use your CS Reset Token, then re-queue up for another instance of Cold Storage. You'll be joining another instance of Cold Storage as if you didn't do it already; that's why the orb would be required.

If you're only doing the first boss for Cold Storage, leave, then reset the instance, you're wasting CS Reset Tokens.