Listen your voice please.

Reyals

26 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Now lets think hypothetically....

What if there was no trove and other rng box / money events in F10. And players who play the game for 3 years since the beta, players who learned the mechanics of all raids and dungeons, players who can play surely 8h per day still ended up at the stage they are today with their gear aka whale gear. Wonder what would the f2p players complaina bout then, becaus ethey would still be in the same situation they are now, they would still not be able to do raids / dungeons....

What if there was no nerfs to daily gold income and venture tokens from ToI? Dreams.

45 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Now lets think hypothetically....

What if there was no trove and other rng box / money events in F10. And players who play the game for 3 years since the beta, players who learned the mechanics of all raids and dungeons, players who can play surely 8h per day still ended up at the stage they are today with their gear aka whale gear. Wonder what would the f2p players complaina bout then, becaus ethey would still be in the same situation they are now, they would still not be able to do raids / dungeons....

Maybe because korea has had about double the time to grind and gear up for the content that we are currently having and NcSoft instead of fixing the bosses healthbars accordingly, instead it chooses to artificially boost a small % of players that decide to pay for in-game advantages, because the content is literally not balanced for f2p at the current state of the game. As you said, if there was no trove and no rngbox and no-life grinders f2p players would still not be able to do the dungeons, then the dungeon would literally not be able to be run by anybody which would mean that the content is not balanced for those kind of players, but instead for f2p that have had double the time to gear up (koreans) or whales. NcSoft could've went and lowered the bar but chose the retarded approach of keeping the same bar and here we are with an event that requires 1.3mil dps, despite the average player being way lower than the requirements, because in korea the average is higher. I could explain my point a third time but I think anybody can see where I'm getting at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavTH said:

to me double currency events are just cuttin your rewards that you are suppose to get twice as mcuh but instead you get less.

If that is your point of view that is it, but depending on the event you are comparing it doesn’t always work out that way.  Take last event (blossom orbs) vs 2nd tower of memory (as that is the one I keep hearing was an awesome oil event) using no resets, to simulate F2P. The Tower of Memory event with no resets could get you 5 oils per character (a max of 6 with alts I believe doing speed leveling to get the 65 from finishing the quest, still going to say 5 as I am not counting resets). The event ran for 5 weeks so this was 1 oil per week.  With no F10 and no resets and no leveling quest you get 4 unless you get very lucky with bonus ones from ToM, but we will stick with 1 a week.

With the blossom event counting all currency also no reset you can get 4 on 7 Alts using the F2P 1 and a half hour timer log in bonus (3 more alts can get 4 if using the compensation). The event lasted for 4 weeks, so could get 1 a week but did take currency (first while could be hard to find MOML ones, but by like second week or so it was easy, and still doable before then).  

So for oils the 2 events where equivalent from a F2P standard.  With weekly resets it looks like the blossom event came out ahead as you could get 2 more oils per character but end up costing a bit this why I didn’t count resets.  While doing the blossom event you also got enough to get 2 dgs, or three if you are willing to do 4 TOIs dailies with those characters.

There has been bad events with double currency yes, but there has been descent ones.  Not all of them always have as much oils, but they sometimes had other benefits with them too.  2019 has not been a bad year for events.

9 hours ago, Avatamsa said:

Maybe because korea has had about double the time to grind and gear up for the content that we are currently having and NcSoft instead of fixing the bosses healthbars accordingly, instead it chooses to artificially boost a small % of players that decide to pay for in-game advantages, because the content is literally not balanced for f2p at the current state of the game. As you said, if there was no trove and no rngbox and no-life grinders f2p players would still not be able to do the dungeons, then the dungeon would literally not be able to be run by anybody which would mean that the content is not balanced for those kind of players, but instead for f2p that have had double the time to gear up (koreans) or whales. NcSoft could've went and lowered the bar but chose the retarded approach of keeping the same bar and here we are with an event that requires 1.3mil dps, despite the average player being way lower than the requirements, because in korea the average is higher. I could explain my point a third time but I think anybody can see where I'm getting at. 

You shouldnt compare NA to KR, simply because they are way ahead in terms of gear and content plus, their class changes and badges are different. While this event was a cheese through in KR for NA its challenging, because thats what it was intended to be. Its not impossible as people are getting the Title, you just need to be geared for it.

Given i would prefer the reckoning to be more mechanic based like stun / kd/ avoid damaghe/ jump / resist or actually do something rather than a pure dps race but hey it is what it is since people cant even get a jump right.

9 hours ago, RavTH said:

What if there was no nerfs to daily gold income and venture tokens from ToI? Dreams.

This "daily gold" mentality needs to stop. thats not the main source of gold income. Smart players know how to make a lot of gold. Those focused on the daily gold from quests are limiting themselves in the possibilities and then complain they have no gold for anything. Well..thats what happens if you want to buy everything instead of farming it because there are plenty ways to easily farm materials needed. Examption may be moonstones, but hey, there has to be something PVP players need to make gold of.

27 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You shouldnt compare NA to KR, simply because they are way ahead in terms of gear and content plus, their class changes and badges are different. While this event was a cheese through in KR for NA its challenging, because thats what it was intended to be. Its not impossible as people are getting the Title, you just need to be geared for it.

Given i would prefer the reckoning to be more mechanic based like stun / kd/ avoid damaghe/ jump / resist or actually do something rather than a pure dps race but hey it is what it is since people cant even get a jump right.

I can and will compare NA and KR not through their current content but through the timeline of the patches which in korea have been objectively further from eachother on average than in the west and as such the average of their gear at the time of our patch was simply higher (even more so due to their grindy mentality) and such more fit to receive the content we are currently having. The time we have to gear up compared to them is simply too short and it's one of the main reasons of why whales seem so dauntingly ahead of f2p and why people refer as this model as to pay to progress, when at this point it's clear that the catch up won't be possible until the West completely catches up with KR content as to which there will be content stagnation and the chance for f2p to actually have time to gear up. Also I would like to point out that "smart players" and their methods of gaining gold like playing the market and getting in arena ladders, are intrinsecally limited in spots: you can't have more than a certain amount of people doing it because the method will either break (market) or simply doesn't allow it (arena ladders). Unless you are referring to some other way of making money besides grinding the latest content dungeon for 1000 times straight before the rewards get ninja nerfed into the ground, like it happened plenty of times.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This "daily gold" mentality needs to stop. thats not the main source of gold income. Smart players know how to make a lot of gold. Those focused on the daily gold from quests are limiting themselves in the possibilities and then complain they have no gold for anything. Well..thats what happens if you want to buy everything instead of farming it because there are plenty ways to easily farm materials needed. Examption may be moonstones, but hey, there has to be something PVP players need to make gold of.

This "Stronghold Gold Boxes ninja nerfs from EL/SSM" needs to stop. Oh to late for that look at the player base.
Using f9 is not a good way to make gold. Also Trove was possible for f2p players when Venture Tokens were in ToI, now that' they are gone simply Trove is locked by p2w and you know that pretty well I hope.

Edited by RavTH