Blade & Soul is officially p2w

i wanna die

Zitat

Our Philosophy

We believe in letting everyone play the game as it’s intended to be played – skill-based progression throughout all the available content. No paywalls will hold you back, and no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players. We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases. We’re also going to make sure that we have a regular schedule of content updates that everyone will be able to enjoy.

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/business-model-revealed/

Soul, Heart, Upgrade every assessoir from 9 to 10 or in other words OILS and you need tons of it
How many you get from an event? avarags of 4-5 oils?

So yeah Trove, RNG-Boxes are just cosmetics and quality of live enhancments

and you crying that no one will do Battleground anymore, its pure p2w

Edited by Merlin DE

We don’t like pay-to-win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables – not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases.

That's a lie. The fact that players can buy materials from the Hongmoon Store used to upgrade their weapons and accessories is Pay-to-Win because they're able to gain gameplay advantages by buying them off with external currency.

• Like 1

Yes, Yes, I know, this is my first post on these forums but hey why not.

There is no individual factor in Blade & Souls which could be used to say it is not Pay to Win.  While I have not been playing so long (only since January) I can't understand how anyone would try to say that all players have equal possibilities to gear up and progress through the game. It is clear that there is an advantage for the side of the credit card.

I cry everytime I have to buy gempowder to upgrade my gems! But they are a perfect example of changes made to the game to make it even more pay to win then it was, which only hurts the playerbase. The number required of gem powder for a single upgrade to the none dyad square gem is (254 - so roughly 4,191 gold without refinement cost 4363.90 with costs)  so... in total 26k gold is required to get your 6 gems to gilded square not obisidion or garnet.

Now explain to a new player they have a 26k gold investment to look forward to when they want to get good enough to play with the big boys.

** price estimation is based on current market prices assuming you buy them from the auctionhouse.

17 hours ago, criticalnature said:

Yes, Yes, I know, this is my first post on these forums but hey why not.

There is no individual factor in Blade & Souls which could be used to say it is not Pay to Win.  While I have not been playing so long (only since January) I can't understand how anyone would try to say that all players have equal possibilities to gear up and progress through the game. It is clear that there is an advantage for the side of the credit card.

I cry everytime I have to buy gempowder to upgrade my gems! But they are a perfect example of changes made to the game to make it even more pay to win then it was, which only hurts the playerbase. The number required of gem powder for a single upgrade to the none dyad square gem is (254 - so roughly 4,191 gold without refinement cost 4363.90 with costs)  so... in total 26k gold is required to get your 6 gems to gilded square not obisidion or garnet.

Now explain to a new player they have a 26k gold investment to look forward to when they want to get good enough to play with the big boys.

** price estimation is based on current market prices assuming you buy them from the auctionhouse.

My friend this might be my last post because tomorrow my NCsof account will be deleted.

You forgot to tell tp the new players "you also have to pay 60+ thousend gold for soul another 30+ thousend gold for pet and another 30+ thousend gold for talisman to be competitive in Blade and Soul"

Every single NCsof game is pay to win like it or not.-

People are still complaining that was a p2w event? If you had TT acc. and the event weapon you could of cleared the turtle... so might aswell be saying raids are p2w since only p2w players can get the gear...

Also the person complaining about 26k for a set of sqaure gems, I hope you know your not supposed to max gems first... you could pay for carry raids and max your TT gear for less than 26k while getting alot more damage than a set of sqaure gems... you might aswell complain they don't have out max-gear at the end of the story line and remove the need for ever running a dungeon / raid / event.

I also stopped reading the posts halfway down the first page when I clicked the names of people complaining that it requires to much gear, or my favourite "sorry I couldn't get TT gear overnight" and saw it was accounts that are 2-3 years old... Obviously if you never play you are never going to have gear...

@Sherry Kaizer Lineage 2 was not p2w until they switched it to f2p.

Now about that announcement of theirs. They simply lied to us, that's all. The account creation agreement kinda allows them to lie to us, albeit not worded in such direct manner. Aka we basically agreed to get scammed out of our time and money by them (in case it happens /and it does, all the time/) when we created our accounts, waving your right to objection or retaliation. Imagine that - not having the right to break the hand holding the whip and volunteering for such an arrangement. The internet is an amazing place, isn't it.

In other words, any good done by them, is on the base of good will. Obviously you can just vote with your wallet and not pay them a dime, as that's pretty much your only input on the BnS landscape. Although I don't see a corporation bending the knee rather than just closing shop. And they set on this anti player path, back in 2012 or so, when they reworked their products into heavier p2w schemes and instanced most of their ingame content so it can be easier to control (across multiple games). If they take a step back and start selling only costumes and other visual trinkets, that will hit their income. Subsequently, they'll have to actually work for their cash, implementing more and higher quality cosmetics. Selling a little token picture in your inventory, which you need to gain that 2% dps increase, costs a fraction of that and there are plenty of people interested into converting their net value into their ingame power. Also, we live in a world where everybody aims for the low hanging fruit. What do you think happens to those that don't play by the rules? They get taken out. Case and point - look at how rng boxes keep persistently appearing everywhere. If they die somewhere in a truly significant manner, everybody else that's selling those will take a knee to the gut. The moment EU BnS for example stops selling upgrade materials, all the other regions will riot and want the same 1:1. If it's implemented world wide when it comes to BnS, this will inevitably boost the image of the company in the eyes of the players - good, right? Wrong. This will make NC Soft games a target. And trust me, there will be no escaping the mountains of DDoS that will happen. More so than what's already coming in at the background. If we want changes when it comes to this, the unrest will have to happen everywhere all at once, for ALL games. Technical impossibility.

Obviously I'm entertaining a lot of hear say in this post, but you can't deny that some of those points are part of reality, even if it's kept quiet. And they have to be taken into consideration, whether we like them or not. Now if the game was to be a p2p, situation would be vastly different. But go make a p2p game in 2019 where everybody and their dog expects and is used to MMOs being like air - free, but polluted with cancerous compounds.

4 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

I also stopped reading the posts halfway down the first page when I clicked the names of people complaining that it requires to much gear, or my favourite "sorry I couldn't get TT gear overnight" and saw it was accounts that are 2-3 years old... Obviously if you never play you are never going to have gear...

True, but if people have to play thousands of hours to get one item they really want, I don't think that's good either. Almost every MMO game involves grinding for better equipment, but there are certain instances where the grinding is acceptable and certain instances where it isn't.

With Blade & Soul, the grinding was intentionally-designed to be difficult such that the implementation of a microntransaction-based system is viable. It was also designed to keep players hooked on the game and continue playing. Granted, this game is F2P; microtransactions are inevitable, but not many F2P games have microtransactions that don't give players in-game advantages. With this game, given that grinding for gear involves tedious repetition, the executives use this to their advantage by appealing to impatient players unwilling to go through this grind by incorporating a Pay-to-Win-based system. This is usually why a lot of loot boxes that enter this game are loaded with useful resources that people can buy with external currency. 

As for the grind itself in this game, it clearly isn't fun when most of the same content is being recycled repeatedly, with nothing new to the table. Additionally, when having to farm mats., it takes a very long time when Peculiar chests and other loot chests only give you 1-2 in quantity of the mats. you need, while it's only 1 more that's determined by RNG. When faced with how high gear upgrade costs are for weapons and accessories, ranging in the hundreds to thousands, how much you get for grinding is outrageous.

Worst of all is that players can play this game for hours non-stop, but some items they need to progress gear-wise in Blade & Soul aren't even obtainable by normal means, which reinforces the ridiculous limits that were set in the game.

7 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

Play an hour a day and you can make over 1k / week. If you've been playing for over 2 years and still can't do anything in-game... mabye you should go find another game...

I took a break from the game since 2017; that's the main reason why I'm at the bottom bracket. But I'm back doing Dailies everyday and Weeklies every week across my main and alts. Hopefully by doing this it would help me progress in the game.

If not, I guess this game isn't for me. The fact that this game is designed so as to compel those impatient to spend could only mean getting things in game take too much time, or too much grind. However, I still play it because it's fun.

I made that fm with the level 60 voucher from the awakening patch and haven't moved any gold into it, it funds my main char 800g - 1k / week... the awk. ascending soul is from event and I used the 1 hour weapon to get it VT raids to help kick-start it... that "p2w" turtle event set me up with a bonus 1k/week alt to fund my main.

9 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/bobnotyeonghi

I spent under 1h / day on that alt and it makes me 800g - 1k / week. So in 3 weeks that raven 3, 1100ap alt makes enough gold to buy both it's TT accessories if it wants to... so please, tell me again how the game is p2w because you joined 3 years ago and can't catch an alt that is in event-gear...

That doesn't sound realistic, more like exaggerated. If gold was that easy to make, F9 would be useless.

Spending under an hour a day to make around 200g a day at your current AP? You must speed-run just about everything, or you're possibly botting. Also, why do you keep addressing me directly @Bobthemonk? I'm not the only one who says this game is P2W, and there are many others online who take this argument to an aggressive and hostile extreme. You can state your case without spotlighting me for it.

Also, as I said before, I just came back to this game from a 2-3 year break. I barely know what's new and what isn't, aside from usual system and combat changes. If you can make 800 - 1k gold/ week, good for you, but I think others would disagree with your claims.

Care to explain to me how you're able to accomplish this?

Trying to remember what it would be as a non-premium as I wasn't taking that into account.

Doing outlaw, msp 1-3, heavens mandate + cold storage each day then whatever is fastest on daily challenge and adding in the weekly challenge + a bt run it comes to around 800g with premium in a week. If you find a VT run ontop, that's when you get the 1k for the week.

Also I never specifically ment to single you out, so I apologise if it seemed that way. As I said, I stopped reading early on after looking at the account ages of those for / against the "p2w" of the event and then I was simply replying to you.

14 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

Trying to remember what it would be as a non-premium as I wasn't taking that into account.

Doing outlaw, msp 1-3, heavens mandate + cold storage each day then whatever is fastest on daily challenge and adding in the weekly challenge + a bt run it comes to around 800g with premium in a week. If you find a VT run ontop, that's when you get the 1k for the week.

Also I never specifically ment to single you out, so I apologise if it seemed that way. As I said, I stopped reading early on after looking at the account ages of those for / against the "p2w" of the event and then I was simply replying to you.

Apology taken. I'm not one to point people out, but if I mention one thing and for some reason someone starts spotlighting me for it, that's when I have to speak up. No reason to do that, as that can lead to problems.

As for the process you provided, that makes sense. Although, doing Hong also helps, albeit takes a long time, and is not efficient in some aspects compared to doing Outlaw.