Blade & Soul is officially p2w

i wanna die

So we finally reached a point where a f2p game becomes p2w because either they are receiving lower revenue or because they just want to milk more money and make another game to milk even more money.. 

this event has officially confirmed that this is the beginning of the end of a f2p blade and soul. 

Rewards are locked behind clearing the last stage of longgui or burning mausoleum, which require dps to kill, which require gear to kill, gear that players cannot acquire overnight. 

To me this looks like the end of f2p bns. Unless they fix this event+ add compensation or unless the next event is f2p friendly i doubt i will recommending anyone to play this game anymore or spend any money on it. Because i dont support what ncsoft is doing. I havent spent money on bns in well over few months since they kept ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing the players over i advise everyone to do the same.. or else no one will listen to us - the playerbase - the ones who make it possible for ncsoft to pay their employees.

• Like 2

I dont really see any problems with this event.  Except i cant get the wings :(

But i really dont mind that high geared players can obtain the better loot. where lower geared players can only get the smaller rewards.

So many events have come by where every player could have gotten some really sweet loot.

A new player might have problems clearing stage 1-3 on longgui and i advice NC to maybe nerf the health of those abit, but leave stage 4 as it is. That way new players can still get the 1h event wep and get the other emblems for rewards.

22 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

gear that players cannot acquire overnight. 

Right, thats why you play the game and aquire this gear. Stop crying about a p2w event when its clearly not. You can be 100% f2p with TT gear and do this content no problem.

But you didnt whine about the f2p even before where you could basically gear up 11 alts with legendary souls for basically an hour of play every day right? :D Other than the wings which are clearly only cosmetics, you as a f2p player can get the so needed veils to upgrade soul or get legendary jewels which are even more expensive than oils.

This event is as p2w as the rest of them :D

1 hour ago, FlockUndead said:

Right, thats why you play the game and aquire this gear. Stop crying about a p2w event when its clearly not. You can be 100% f2p with TT gear and do this content no problem.

Arrogant people like you look confident but with such events including you, we all know that this one soon, will bore and bother everyone. "Some events must be challenging too" "You can have your gear like this..." my foot. It is not challenging for me and I am well geared but it still sucks. Games should make you feel enjoyed and relaxed. Not focusing the whole 5 mins or more to a garbage boss for such unworthy rewards.  This is just a single reason. You can see many :   https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/244744-legends-reborn-event-is-diabolical/      

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayanami ID said:

Arrogant people like you look confident but with such events including you

For your information, im unable to do this event myself, so im actually excluded from the event. Stop acting like a little * and grow up.

9 minutes ago, FlockUndead said:

For your information, im unable to do this event myself, so im actually excluded from the event. Stop acting like a little * and grow up.

I started to think that you are thick headed :) I didnt say you cant do it . I said you will see how boring it gets. But yes you are not able to understand my point. Your two dimensional synapsis' are something else. I am sure you can enjoy this event. 

6 minutes ago, Ayanami ID said:

I started to think that you are thick headed :) I didnt say you cant do it . I said you will see how boring it gets. But yes you are not able to understand my point. Your two dimensional synapsis' are something else. I am sure you can enjoy this event. 

I can very well understand what you said, and you should know aswell. I even quote exactly what you said and you said that im one of those whales that can do the event. After finding out that you were more wrong than right you just assume i didnt understand what you said. Nice small trick when it comes to charisma, which you obviously dont know to use correctly. The time you wasted shitposting here you could've actually contributed something to your bad gear and start working on it.

And yes, i do enjoy this event. Thanks :)

Edited by FlockUndead

So let me try to understand this. 

You want the Event to be nerfed down, so EVERY Player with ANY Gear can clear this right?

So you probably start with a boss that has like 120.000 HP. So also the ultra new, not even story finished, players can clear this. Nice.

So we, who played this Game for 6Months - 2 Years 1hit that and are finished. Good Point! 

I see what perfectly balanced content you would create, if you would be in charge of that! 

Right now, i literally 1hit the first three stages, and Stage 4 is like Semi-AFK-HeadOnKeyboardSmashing until Longui is dead. 

So you want to lock out anyone, who tried to progress and did progress through the last 2 Months and does like 200-500k dps (which is like verywell enough to kill the boss).

This event is not even close to being PayToWin. Anyone can enter as many times as you want. There is NO paying involved with that. And the first three stages are super easy to clear, if you actually learn the "rotation" of Longui (which is so lame and easy, even my blind cat could figure that out). Then you can also build the Event Weapon and clear stage 4 quite easily. 

So tell me. WHERE is your problem?? 

Do you want to get all the TT Gear for free through the campaign so you dont have to go through the hastle of raiding 3-5 Months continuesly to actually aquire your Gear? Or do you want that everyone who actually PAYS for this game, and that is everyone who is spending even his 20€ on just premium, so you free2play slackers (not f2p players!) can enjoy some easy AF content? 

Your point is literally ridicoulus and you should look up what the point of a MMORPG is. (hint: its not getting everything for free instantly)

Greets

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BeaterKirito said:

So you want to lock out anyone, who tried to progress and did progress through the last 2 Months and does like 200-500k dps (which is like verywell enough to kill the boss).

You need at least 1.28 million dps to kill stage 4. This is double what you need for TT boss 4. Just watch as I hit the enrage timer...

Do you think this is normal for an EVENT boss? I cannot clear it with my aransu9 even tho I have TT accessories and soul shields and I barely clear with the 1h event weapon with buffs. It would have been OK if you only needed 500-600k dps to kill it as that's what you need for TT4, but 1.28 million is just ridiculous.

Making a hard boss means having HARD MECHANICS (burning mausoleum got it right with the one shot kills), not putting an absolutely ridiculous enrage timer on the bosses.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BeaterKirito said:

So let me try to understand this. 

You want the Event to be nerfed down, so EVERY Player with ANY Gear can clear this right?

So you probably start with a boss that has like 120.000 HP. So also the ultra new, not even story finished, players can clear this. Nice.

So we, who played this Game for 6Months - 2 Years 1hit that and are finished. Good Point! 

I see what perfectly balanced content you would create, if you would be in charge of that! 

Right now, i literally 1hit the first three stages, and Stage 4 is like Semi-AFK-HeadOnKeyboardSmashing until Longui is dead. 

This event is not even close to being PayToWin. Anyone can enter as many times as you want. There is NO paying involved with that. And the first three stages are super easy to clear, if you actually learn the "rotation" of Longui (which is so lame and easy, even my blind cat could figure that out). Then you can also build the Event Weapon and clear stage 4 quite easily. 

So tell me. WHERE is your problem?? 

Do you want to get all the TT Gear for free through the campaign so you dont have to go through the hastle of raiding 3-5 Months continuesly to actually aquire your Gear? Or do you want that everyone who actually PAYS for this game, and that is everyone who is spending even his 20€ on just premium, so you free2play slackers (not f2p players!) can enjoy some easy AF content? 

Your point is literally ridicoulus and you should look up what the point of a MMORPG is. (hint: its not getting everything for free instantly)

Greets

Go to youtube search Keroppi's gear and how much he struggling to clear the event.
My main does 1,1 million burst and 600K dps sustained with Aransu 9 weapon.
Tell me how can i increase my DPS from 600.000K to 1,250.000K.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sherry Kaizer said:

Go to youtube search Keroppi's gear and how much he struggling to clear the event.
My main does 1,1 million burst and 600K dps sustained with Aransu 9 weapon.
Tell me how can i increase my DPS from 600.000K to 1,250.000K.

2 hours ago, Chara Dreemurr said:

You need at least 1.28 million dps to kill stage 4. This is double what you need for TT boss 4. Just watch as I hit the enrage timer...

Do you think this is normal for an EVENT boss? I cannot clear it with my aransu9 even tho I have TT accessories and soul shields and I barely clear with the 1h event weapon with buffs. It would have been OK if you only needed 500-600k dps to kill it as that's what you need for TT4, but 1.28 million is just ridiculous.

Making a hard boss means having HARD MECHANICS (burning mausoleum got it right with the one shot kills), not putting an absolutely ridiculous enrage timer on the bosses.

Wait guys... you know that you can craft an event Weapon which is equal to ET3 Weapon right?? ... 

If i can easily afk that stage 4 with GC9, you can also with ET3. Holy crap. 
And if you simply cant, then this stage, is NOT meant for your current gear as stage 1-3 are not meant for my gear. 

You also do NOT run TT with 500k dps and cry here "oh no that raid is wayyyy too hard! :(( its totally pay2win because you need gear to clear all the bosses!" 
But because it is an event, where players who actually invested their money and their (most importantly) time, get rewarded, you now cry here it is totally pay2win and BnS is doomed. 

Do you do the same in the real world? 
"Oh no. that guy can afford a porsche in that 20%off for a limited time "event" from that manufacturer!! Its totally unfair! i should be able to afford that also!" ????

People who invest time and money get rewarded, where people who didnt invest (as much) are not. So what? 

11 minutes ago, BeaterKirito said:

Wait guys... you know that you can craft an event Weapon which is equal to ET3 Weapon right?? ... 

And if you simply cant, then this stage, is NOT meant for your current gear as stage 1-3 are not meant for my gear. 

You also do NOT run TT with 500k dps and cry here "oh no that raid is wayyyy too hard! :(( its totally pay2win because you need gear to clear all the bosses!" 
But because it is an event, where players who actually invested their money and their (most importantly) time, get rewarded, you now cry here it is totally pay2win and BnS is doomed. 

"Oh no. that guy can afford a porsche in that 20%off for a limited time "event" from that manufacturer!! Its totally unfair! i should be able to afford that also!" ????

People who invest time and money get rewarded, where people who didnt invest (as much) are not. So what? 

Can people plz stop spreading the bullsh*t information that the fleeting weapon is equal to GC9? And for the first time, I see it is compared to ET3, lol.

That fleeting weapon works completely different compared to GC weapon. To make it simple, it is a glorified Galaxy weapon with some skills mod from Aransu 9 where it only has 5 stack that leads to a 30s buff that will reset your skills when the buff ends. Btw, the fleeting weapon doesn't have the 100% critical rating too during its buff too, though it has some passive critical rating like an aransu.

It is good? Really depend on your current gear and class. For most players with mid-aransu and below, it is certainly gives some DPS increase, but not by 500k cuz your total DPS depends on other gear too. For people who are GC+ already, it barely gives any DPS increase, and they don't really need it anyway. In term of class compatibility, fleeting weapon is worse on classes with fast hit and benefits from reset for certain skills, cuz the 30s buff before reset is too long.

So yeah, if you wonder what DPS that GC9 (or ET3 like you have claimed) will give you, by no mean do not look at what the fleeting weapon offers, cuz they are two completely different weapons.

A fun note: KR players do not know what the heck is this fleeting weapon. The event launched in their side are the same as NA, just that their gear are noticeable stronger (better heart, soul stage...). Once again, NCWest tries to lazily accommodate an event designed to KR with band-aid like this fleeting weapon, instead of trying to really modify boss stats to suit current average DPS of the players. It doesn't work well, obviously.

+++

This game's constant event runs have been available to everyone for a long time. Trying to divide players into "capable" and "incapable" is the dumbest idea that NCWest can think of, especially when there are not much players left. To make it worse, they keep frustrating players with irresponsibility, like the stupid scandal with White Orb. Check the upcoming final server merge to see what state of this game is in. Like a cancer patient on his life support. Not quite dead, but not quite alive, either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BeaterKirito said:

Did you even watch my video, man? I HAVE THE EVENT WEAPON EQUIPPED.

Besides, the event weapon only adds like 100k DPS compared to my aransu9 weapon. 

1 hour ago, BeaterKirito said:

It's not an ET3 weapon! You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and it feels like I'm arguing with a child. Have a good day.

• Like 1

No - this event does not make Blade & Soul suddenly qualify as being labeled as a Pay to Win game. I've personally purchased the grand total of 25 RNG boxes since I started playing and can successfully defeat the Stage 4 Sacred Longgui before it enrages, and that's without using the Fleeting Forge and Fleeting Flame weapon.

Even if you don't manage to meet the damage requirements for the Sacred Longgui, that doesn't mean that new players are excluded. I'm personally doing Ring of Reckoning 1-3 as well as Desolate Mausoleum on my alts to get what people consider to be the most difficult equipment upgrade currency: Sacred Vials. All you're missing out on by not being able to clear Burning Mausoleum or the final stage of Sacred Longgui is a cosmetic item, Octagonal Gems, and the three first pieces of the Grand Celestial Oath Soul Shield set. You can already purchase the first two Soul Shield pieces by just completing Hall of the Keeper and Hall of the Templar to get those two, while the final piece can be farmed from Midnight Skypetal Plains.

Does that mean that the event is good? Not really. Those able to defeat the bosses in Ring of Reckoning and Burning Mausoleum probably have the Nightfall Sanctuary gear that the event is offering, yet those players are the only ones who can obtain that event currency. That does not however mean that Blade & Soul is suddenly Pay To win. You can still get all of your sought after Sacred Vials and Pet Packs by doing absolutely nothing.

18 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

Well sorry i couldnt gear overnight and get tt gear to be able to do this event... i want to participate in every part of this and not be excluded from everything no matter the rewards

There has been alt-friendly events since the launch of this game, exclusively. At no point did they ever ask for DPS until now.

Stop whining.

server merge soon that will remind us what is happening to this game but well as long 30 whales keep playing maybe game will survive.

The way of ncsoft  treat this game is becaming awfull everyday

remember the days that daily dash used to reward outfits.

remember wen the game was full of people and faction war was a thing

its been a long time since we haved an event back outfit (ebondrake wheel) now is beyond a ridiculous DPS gear requierements, 999% sure next trove will offer these wing for those who cannot get them now so ncsoft once again can milk more.

but i really dont care anymore i just do dailys and log out thats is my bns life now

Edited by Arkdain
  • Like 3

Depending on what people call p2w, some may say that this game has been p2w pretty much since it launched, some may say it's pay to get there faster. Some believe p2w is limited solely to gear that absolutely cannot be obtained through playing the game, and is stronger than what f2p's can get. Others think any kind of gear obtained or facilitated through real money is already p2w, regardless of it's availability to f2p's.

Now, all or almost all MMOS currently around have a pay to speed up model. BnS is no exception. Problem is that things reach a border line when the f2p's grinding behind without paying can't hit the gear cap in time before a new set of gear becomes available, or when things, like this very event, happen before they do, leaving only those who pay (or the scant few that went way above to the point of playing countless hours, or those super talented individuals that can do a lot more with less) to benefit from it all. I think this is indeed as bad as plain p2w. Aside from this event, is BnS reaching this point? I'd have to sit down and study it to know.

As for this event, considering the opinions, it does seem as a slap in the face to players who are not paying for their gear, simply because many of them didn't have enough time to gear up for it. The event itself is not bad. It simply requires maxed or near maxed gear, which would have been enjoyed by more players if they had the time to reach the gear caps. Maybe if the event was made late in the life of the current gear line, and started when NC felt enough f2p's had the gear needed for it, there wouldn't be so many complaints.

I cannot do the event, so i'm speaking from an observer's point of view. Also, as always, these are my humble opinions.

Edited by Hanuku
  • Like 1

and we all are suppose to believe that you stopped, made some parses with your ET3 and the event weapon before coming here to post your biased opinion without any fact behind it  whatsoever.

Just because the 1 day version has a bit more ap than the GC9 does not make it better by default... the buff from that weapon works different than the other in game weapons which makes them a bit worse than a GC weapon... they do give a bit more ap than a Aransu 9 but is not that great and of even less value for some classes.

23 hours ago, BeaterKirito said:

First event weapon doesnt give me 600.000 DPS increase to reach 1,2mill burst.
I dont cry in Forums i am telling facts, and even most popular Blade and soul youtuber is saying this event is bad.
This is an event not a raid and totally it aint real life.

• Like 1

On 12.04.2019 at 7:56 PM, BeaterKirito said:

... So p2w :p

Edited by vega130

Ehh, I bet 90% of the population won't be able to clear even with max gear because they don't know how to play their class since so many people under performs with the gear they have in f8. 

I'm a BD with aransu 9 and BT accessories and I managed to clear it.