Forums

Legends Reborn Event is Diabolical

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

This analogy makes no sense at all. The problem is not that people spend money to get a bit ahead of others. I will tell you what the issue is, the issue are actually the casual players.

If someone has money to spend on a game to get things faster go ahead they have all right to do that same as players who dont spend money can sell gold for hongmoon coins and buy the exact same things, that does not create a problem, the problem is created when casual players / f2p players who cant do that and are behind, expect a free carry by the geared ones or the game be made easier for them because they cant invest the time in it or cant invest to learn mechanics and make their own parties. thats where the problem comes from because they are feeling "entitled", they want the same high end gear with minimal to no effort.

God forbid there are events for those who are more geared and want a challenge. Do you want the geared players to be complaining each time there is a event for the low/ mid geared people?

On your gem example: you only need to invest in gems ONCE, because every time a new gem tier is released, they reduce gem costs and refund a portion of the powders. I made all my gems simply by using those powders without having to get them from trove. So gems are actually a one-time investment and in terms of PVP gems dont really do much, what makes the most difference is PVP gear (accessories, and most of all the weapon and soulshields).

My analogy makes perfect sense. I explained it in detail. If you don't get it you are either on a totally different wave length, playing devil's advocate because you want me to say this stuff, or are trolling. I am not sure which.

You can't say that players who can't do it are behind or expect a free carry. It also doesn't mean they can't learn mechanics. This event has nothing to do with learning mechanics. You could do the mechanics perfectly, but if you can't hit the DPS requirement, you can't beat the enemies. NCsoft uses Koldrak to do regular DPS tests on the population. They know exactly what the average player can do. Designing an event that less than half the population can do doesn't make the majority "behind" as you put it. It means the event was designed such that they couldn't do it ON PURPOSE. You want proof of that? Look at stage 1-3. Average players can do that reasonably. NCsoft knows that. It doesn't reward Resurgence Emblems. Then look at stage 4. The average player can't do that. NCsoft knows that too. You think they picked those numbers randomly? No no no.

Furthermore, I challenge the concept that players who can't do it are "behind" as you suggested. Consider how you define "behind." "Behind" or "ahead" is determined by looking at the average active player and then considering whether you are ahead of or behind that. That is whether you are ahead or behind. What this event is designed to do is to set an artificial bar that is FAR ahead of the average to create the illusion that you are behind, when, in fact, you are not. It is designed to illicit that negative feeling in you that you get when you get the feeling you are being left behind in order to encourage you to "catch up" and to set an time table on the end of the event so that maybe you will pay NCsoft some money. It is a psychological trick. That is why I congratulated NCsoft on a rather clever diabolical design in my original post.

The average players don't want the high end gear with minimal to no effort. They want fun, or entertainment. They want NCsoft to not design events that can't be done by the majority of the population. They also would prefer that other's can't come in and "get high end gear with minimal to no effort" as you put it by swiping their credit card.

"... because they are feeling "entitled" according to you? No no. Consider this statement: "I came in here, and I think that I should be able to be WAY more powerful than you even though I am less skilled, and have put way less time into the game because I paid more money than you!" THAT is entitlement, which is quite the opposite of what you are saying.

To answer your next question, geared players don't want a challenge. That is why they paid for that gear. That is also why they paid to not have to go through the challenge of earning it. That is why they complain about events like Realmrift Supply Chain, which effectively strips you of your OP pay to win gear, and equalizes you with the rest of the population. The whales complain quite a bit about that event BECAUSE it offers them a challenge. They don't want a challenge contrary to what you said. The geared players don't complain that much about low/mid geared events as long as those low/mid gear events offer decent rewards such as ped packs, and sacred vials. You know better than to try hand us that.

On your next example. Yes, as you say, gems are a 1 time investment because they are permanent. Once you have the gem you have it. That is why selling them is NOT a good thing. That is a bad thing. NCsoft's philosophy states that NCsoft won't sell power, gear or permanent stat increases. Do they sell gems? Yes. Do gems increase your power? Yes. Are they gear? Yes. Do they give you permanent stat increases? As you stated, you only need to invest in them once because yes, yes they do. The fact that they are permanent isn't the bad part. The fact that they are being sold, which is against the philosophy that NCsoft advertised to us when marketing the game is why SELLING them is bad. 

Good grief man, I hope you are just playing devil's advocate, and you want me to make these points for the sake of getting the points out there, not because you actually believe that stuff. If you actually believe that stuff you said I worry about you. As a fellow human being, I hope you're going to be alright.

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated

"game is pay to progress you can get all in game"

Well foot likers and White knigths tell me where i do find hongmoon gem powder whiout black market and whales crazy prices? Oh yeah there isnt a way because powder is locked behind octagonals.

You can get heptagonals whiout problem but oh dear where is the hongmoon gem powder is in dungeon? Celestial basin? Moon refuge? Raids? Oh sorry my bad is on whales pockets.

if this isnt locking gem behind pay wall then what is this?

And gotta love those lame octagonal box whit hongmoon gem powder on ncstore they know the issue and whats their solution…... an opportunity to milk

Edited by Arkdain

1 hour ago, Darksilent said:

I seen and everyone in this game and you can confirm to remove from the party people started by they do not have raven in NS! EL.IF. HM CS and until the weekly missions .. what new player can be left with people with your reasoning.

Yeah. You know, just today, I was running Cold Storage, and the party leader booted this one guy for being HM 13, and having "only" 1200 attack power. (I looked up his profile.) I looked up the recommended attack power requirement for Cold Storage and it was between 950 - 1000 Attack power. The guy that was booted was well more than what was needed to beat Cold Storage. He booted him... for Cold Storage for goodness sake! I was thinking, "WOW this party leader is offensively elitist," but you know, I have been seeing it happen a lot lately. Very sad people are like that.

The game is p2w but in the same time it has much to offer to f2p players.

The thing is you have to invest time and actually try a little to learn mechanics and do dungeons and raids by yourself not just count on high geared people to carry you.

I have around 1m dps and can't clear the 4th stage, well ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ happens. It's my bad that I didn't put more time and commitment to actually go for TT. With even half TT gear this event is easily doable and half TT gear is not as hard to get as some people claim. The problem is laziness.

And yes as I stated, the game is p2w. You can actually p2w to get almost full endgame gear in one day. But the game was p2w from the start so I really have no idea why you complain. If you don't have fun playing it then just quit. Games are supposed to be played to have fun and if it makes you rage and flame then it's probably time to think if it's actually game for you.

58 minutes ago, Arkdain said:

"game is pay to progress you can get all in game"

Well foot likers and White knigths tell me where i do find hongmoon gem powder whiout black market and whales crazy prices? Oh yeah there isnt a way because powder is locked behind octagonals.

You can get heptagonals whiout problem but oh dear where is the hongmoon gem powder is in dungeon? Celestial basin? Moon refuge? Raids? Oh sorry my bad is on whales pockets.

if this isnt locking gem behind pay wall then what is this?

And gotta love those lame octagonal box whit hongmoon gem powder on ncstore they know the issue and whats their solution…... an opportunity to milk

Certain raid chests have a chance for powders, boxes you get from crit crafting have gem powders, considering to make an octa you only need 8 powders now thats like 100g to buy them from market.

1 hour ago, Darksilent said:

With that thought the problem is not the casual players.
The problem is stupid thinking players like yours. I hope that a company or business never have people like you in front to attract people, you take them to be undoubtedly bankrupt!
By closed thinking like yours many new players or possible whales can not stand to play with the level of toxics they are. and the discrimination to do by only having main quest equipment. I seen and everyone in this game and you can confirm to remove from the party people started by they do not have raven in NS! EL.IF. HM CS and until the weekly missions .. what new player can be left with people with your reasoning. the servers are shrinking for lack of players and now I understand more because.
instead of trying to capture your supposed casual problems. and that they become players every day because the game charms them, the community helps them. you prefer that they leave ... you are one more of the problem. I would prefer to try to turn these casual players into frequent players. it's hard for you to help clean HH DD 1 min more and for just 1 min, leave many people out and end up getting out of the game ..
You want casual players not to be problems, it offers something that attracts them ... if you do not understand that, they learn Marketing: Responsible for studying the behavior of markets and the needs of consumers. Analyze the commercial management of companies in order to attract, capture, retain and retain the final customers through the satisfaction of their desires and resolution of their problems.

If for example: i make a party and i want people with raven 9...i will take only players with raven 9 and kick anyone below that. If i make a weekly raid for SJF/FAS and i want people with Aransu 6 i will take people with aransu 6. You have literally no right to complain about someone who wants a party with certain gear requiremenet. If you dont like it you are free to make your own party, with your own requirements. This has nothing to do with being toxic.

I am not saying all casual players are a problem, there are some which i am evewn friends with and who i help with dungeons because i can see they are putting in effort and actually want to learn and progress, unlike others who just go in and die to everything, dont put learning effort, dont even ask questions.

Instead they prefer to complain everything is hard.  This is a game, the game already offers certain aspects that attracts players. part of that was challenging content, which is being removed bit by bit because people find it "too hard".

1 hour ago, Smoq said:

The game is p2w but in the same time it has much to offer to f2p players.

The thing is you have to invest time and actually try a little to learn mechanics and do dungeons and raids by yourself not just count on high geared people to carry you.

I have around 1m dps and can't clear the 4th stage, well ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ happens. It's my bad that I didn't put more time and commitment to actually go for TT. With even half TT gear this event is easily doable and half TT gear is not as hard to get as some people claim. The problem is laziness.

And yes as I stated, the game is p2w. You can actually p2w to get almost full endgame gear in one day. But the game was p2w from the start so I really have no idea why you complain. If you don't have fun playing it then just quit. Games are supposed to be played to have fun and if it makes you rage and flame then it's probably time to think if it's actually game for you.

I am not going to disagree with you on that. I am just going to talk about it because you bring up some interesting points I would like to touch on. I would agree with the first part. You can get to a certain power level without too much trouble before the difficulty curve becomes ... grinding 8-14 hours a day multiple days a week for 1 item upgraded 1 click per week.

Why complain though? Well because NCsoft gave us their word in writing that it wouldn't do all these things as has been shown in this thread, and broke their word... repeatedly. If someone makes you a promise and then repeatedly breaks it despite it being repeatedly pointed out to them, and they keep doing it anyway, it is reasonable to be frustrated about that. I don't like being lied to, and then having my face spit in by NCsoft when I point it out while they continue to break their word over and over anyway.

I do have fun playing. B&S, at its core, if they would just go back to their philosophy, is a great game. The gameplay itself is great. It's not that I want to quit. It is that I DON'T want to quit, but we are down to 1 server as of the 24th of this month. If they close it, we will be forced to quit despite whatever investment you have made. Don't say it can't happen. Wild Star was NCsoft's too and it is gone gone gone. Servers are down. You can't log in. You can't download it. You can't play it. The game isn't "dying." It is dead. Actually dead. I don't want that to happen to Blade and Soul, but unless NCsoft changes their ways, they will keep driving people away until that day does come. That is why I am calling for change. "No idea why we complain?" I have said it multiple times now. Why is it hard to understand? I like the game. I have put a bunch of time into it. I am not done with it. I want it to keep going. I don't want to lose it. If you are on the Titanic, and you see the ship moving for the ice berg, you might want to tell the captain to change course since you have a vested interest in the ship staying afloat right? If the ship goes down, we lose our characters and go down with it. Hehe!

WoW is still afloat too of course. Ask yourself this, "Is B&S better than WoW?" My answer is yes, significantly. Why is B&S down to 1 server? Is it because it is an old game? No. WoW is WAY older. What is B&S's excuse? Is it because B&S doesn't look good enough? No. B&S looks better than WoW. Is it because the gameplay is no good? No. Is it because of the way it is monetized? Yes. So what needs to change to stop driving players away, and reverse the process? The way it is monetized.

In addition to that, I would also suggest that psychologically there needs to be a certain amount of reward to effort invested ratio that needs to be maintained in order to keep people's interest. They need to feel like their characters are steadily progressing. B&S flubs this pretty badly. The reward rate should be more linear, and steady from 1-60 and then through the gear path and HM levels. Instead the progression rate is super fast from 1-60, starts to slow down, and then pretty quickly turns into a vertical brick wall you have to climb with your bare hands. At that point the effort to reward ratio is no longer sufficient, and people give up and quit. The former parts should be made harder and slower so people don't burn through it. If you were around in the early days, they made you go into each of those little cave 1-person mini dungeons multiple times each, which is fine. It would be far better for sustaining re-playability to have a ton of dungeons that you have to do 10 times each rather than a few end game dungeons you have to do 250 times each, which is what they had... and then they got rid of it because they are dumb. It would be far better to have the gear progression system be slower, but steady on the way while leveling rather than having everything handed to you and then get exponentially more difficult once you hit max level, which is what they used to have when the game first launched, but then they got rid of it... because they are dumb. I thought that it was really neat to sacrifice the weapons of your fallen enemies to your own ancestral weapon to power it up! That was a really nice touch! You do the dungeon to get the level breaker item. You move onto the next stage, more quests, and a new dungeon. You didn't have to spend horribly long on any one thing (unless you got really unlucky and ended up grinding that one dungeon for the level breaker item 23 times, which was statistically unlikely, but that part did need to be improved. Oh and the inventory space tax was a problem. Stuff needed to stack more efficiently or something.) Other than that it was great! That was back when they had well over a million players. Admittedly the population count back then was largely due to the fact that the game was new, and casuals think that new = good. 6 months old = not good anymore even though the new game that is now only 1 month old is actually not as good as B&S. Foolish. When I backed off and stopped playing as much was when I hit that brick wall, and the effort to reward or effort to progress ratio became unfavorable.

This is completely unrelated for the most part to the main focus of this post which is the event and the problems that came along with it but I'm gonna say what I wanna say anyways

It's actually very simple to get into parties while being what many would consider to be "undergeared"

Are you all listening, come real close

Be sociable.

If I need to pug, I don't just jump into some F8-are you kidding me, they'll kick my butt right back out.

I start my own party, say the stupidest thing I can think of which is usually most of what I think of all the time, aand then let them all come running to me. Or sometimes. I just talk a lot in faction. I let my stupidity be nice and publicly known. That way, when I go "hehe does anyone wanna carry me" they can't help but feel sorry enough to say 'alright fine'.

That's the secret. That's the secret to MMOs. Communication.

Talk to people. Befriend them. Be nice, be clumsy, be whatever you are as long as it isnt a meanieweenie. When you get to know others, suddenly you never find yourself at the mercy of strangers who only care about your numbers ever again.

Edited by Showta

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Kitsune Takahashi:

Well, look not trying to defend them but I do have to say this and point this out for you. One simple question. What can you pay for aside from outfits that you can't get by normal means that gives you a advantage over someone else?

I don't want to spoil it for you but I will....Nothing. There is nothing you can buy using ncoins, hongmoon coins that other players can't get by investing time. 

Assuming you're counging selling gold for hmc this still leaves a number of items unobtainable to you, for example Imperial Soju. If you dont count hmc as normal then one egirous example would be gem powder, among a number of others.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Certain raid chests have a chance for powders, boxes you get from crit crafting have gem powders, considering to make an octa you only need 8 powders now thats like 100g to buy them from market.

The crit crafting only happens if you're premium so thats right out. Only Moyun box has a chance to drop gem powder, which i have seen happen exactly twice in over 300 runs across my characters. And even then it drops only a single gem powder.

You might want to reconsider what you're stating.

I already said this on one of the other "crying a river because I can't do all of the event" threads, but I wanted to say it again. This event isn't that bad. All players should be able to easily complete stages 1-3 of the turtle and Desolate Mausoleum. You can get 2 oils per character with little effort just from completing these. If you want TT soul shields, go farm MSP. With the double loot weekends, and the ability to use the fleeting event weapon, MSP should be easier to complete, and a good source of mats, exp, and you can get your BT, VT or TT soul shields. As for the gems, they are a low priority upgrade to begin with as the amount of dps you gain is minimal and literally any piece of gear that gives you damage bonuses should be upgraded first. You are given a starter set of hexa gems upon completing the story, and hepta gem tickets have a pretty good drop rate from CS and Mandate. Moon refuge is another way to easily get gems, even if they can’t be upgraded they are good enough for a starter set. They admitted on the stream that the availability of gem powders was an issue they were going to be addressing in the future, so just be patient.

Let the whales flaunt their red wings and fancy titles, and focus on having fun while playing the game. If this game isn’t fun for you because you expect to be able to log in for quick and easy events and get tons of good items for free, than you should think again. This “I want everything now and I want it for free with little effort” attitude that many players have is just ridiculous. All the meltdowns that people are having over this event are pretty funny to read though, so keep it up guys!

• Like 1

I agree that all players SHOULD be able to complete 1-3 Longgui, BUT it's not equivalent that all actually can. It all depends on gear (straight off the story with Temple of Ascension intro gear a toon will likely have trouble clearing even Longgui 2), on ping and on game performance (nothing helps to fail like general stutter and mini-freezes...).

6 hours ago, Granger said:

Assuming you're counging selling gold for hmc this still leaves a number of items unobtainable to you, for example Imperial Soju. If you dont count hmc as normal then one egirous example would be gem powder, among a number of others.

Gem powder might be kind of iffy right now but you do have the option to craft items with a 'chance' at lucky box which when open give powder, pet pods, gold. Your other option is to save up gold by doing dungeons, selling materials, doing arena and selling soulstone etc.. for gem powder to upgrade your gems but lets face it gems, soul and pet aura are the main items that take forever to upgrade so at a certain point you can stop focusing on it.
I mean right now I'm currently working on getting another 31 hep. tickets making some octagonal gems with the powder I got from the reduction and then using some of my gold to buy powders off the market and going gilded..Did I mention as free to play? Stuff takes time and if you get bad information or go about things in a weird or wrong manner you waste materials, gold and time. Do a little bit of research.

All in all just because you can't get the wings, 1 day weapon, octagonal gems from this event keep one thing in mind. The most costly items you can still get from this event no issues.

@NorbertTheOpinionated You sure live up to your name. Nice chest reference but it isn't Blade and Soul. Comparing 1 competitive game to a fanasty competitive game is kind of off the wall. However, you see it your way and most of us see it the other way. It is Pay to Progress/Get Ahead, not Pay to Win. Even if you spend money you still need to put in effort to learn the class, and depending on what your trying to do..yes you even have to learn mechanics in the regard to say Nightfall Sanctuary or Brood Chamber or any new dungeon they release.

@Grimoir Actually to get hongmoon coins by selling gold, it was changed a bit ago to where you now need to have some kind of ncoin in order to list gold on exchange unless it was reverted back with the awakening update. But they could always make a decent warden, gear it up to rift 9 and some other accessories, play TOI and work on being top 100 for venture tokens.

@Nanology Thumbs up.

@Dru Lockheart From my personal experience on my characters one of which is out of story with a riftwalk 3 weapon and the draken accessories, if you actually play the class decently, it is completely doable. And my worst character gear wise still does it and I don't even really remember how to play my assassin anymore (it's not even 60 yet since I havn't touched it since finishing Act 8).

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dru Lockheart said:

This is not my experience on my ranged toons and they do have higher gear than fresh-out-of-the story. But maybe that's to be expected if all their iframes get like 1 sec delay on cast.

Close combat ones somewhat have it easier with Longgui.

That is just when you need to like most content go in, learn his attack patterns and go for it, if you remain range he will keep jumping thus you need to keep escaping or getting up off your ass and run out of time. Damage / DPS wise Stage 3 can be done with straight out of story stuff, I even just went ahead and got a Riftwalk Stage 3, Hollow Accessories, no badges, no pet/soul and still beat him with stuff the average player would have on a ranged character. Just practice.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Do you actually think before constantly white knighting? Highly doubt it.

1. Raid chests have a chance for powders? LOL. Yeah getting 1-2 powders every month from BT is definitely enough since their drop rate is probably <5%, or are you playing a private server where BT chests have a 100% chance to drop powders?

2. Crit crafting? LOL. Yeah I'm sure people should also expect to get venture tokens from chests as their staple source of HM coin too

3. Do you honestly think octa's are the only problem? You need 8 to make one octa, the costs just go up exponentially from there. There are ZERO sources of powders in this game outside of whaling, what do you think is going to happen to the powder prices? Does it even remotely make sense that everyone needs hundreds of powders, yet there are no ways to get it?

Reading this guy's posts makes me cringe so bad every time. It's almost like he's NCW's official white knight bot or something, if you look at his post history (he has like what, 3000+ posts?), every single one is literally responding to comments that that remotely criticizes this game and defending them no matter how retarded it may sound.

Edited by PetPuggi

3 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

There are ZERO sources of powders in this game outside of whaling, what do you think is going to happen to the powder prices? Does it even remotely make sense that everyone needs hundreds of powders, yet there are no ways to get it?

one of the sources is F5. so bottom line is even a f2p player can obtain powders just by simply buying them from other players.

4 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

Reading this guy's posts makes me cringe so bad every time. It's almost like he's NCW's official white knight bot or something, if you look at his post history (he has like what, 3000+ posts?), every single one is literally responding to comments that that remotely criticizes this game and defending them no matter how retarded it may sound.

You dont need to read my replies if you dont like too. You have your opinions i have mine so you should respect them as much as i respect yours. At least i am looking at things objectively and not soloely focused on one little aspect :)

12 minutes ago, PetPuggi said:

Do you actually think before constantly white knighting? Highly doubt it.

1. Raid chests have a chance for powders? LOL. Yeah getting 1-2 powders every month from BT is definitely enough since their drop rate is probably <5%, or are you playing a private server where BT chests have a 100% chance to drop powders?

2. Crit crafting? LOL. Yeah I'm sure people should also expect to get venture tokens from chests as their staple source of HM coin too

3. Do you honestly think octa's are the only problem? You need 8 to make one octa, the costs just go up exponentially from there. There are ZERO sources of powders in this game outside of whaling, what do you think is going to happen to the powder prices? Does it even remotely make sense that everyone needs hundreds of powders, yet there are no ways to get it?

Yeah, don't even bother trying to construct a logical response to Grimoir, his sole purpose on these forums is to avoid looking objectively at the community's grievances and instead attempts to find some way to entirely avoid answering your point with some barely relevant response or clearly disingenuous counterargument.  Which you know, at the end of the day, you can't get too angry at these kind of whale types because they need to justify their ridiculous spending on their game of choice so of course they're going to defend their game as hard as possible.  You don't accumulate nearly 4,000 posts of defense of a company's decision-making unless you have some seriously weird connection to the title, which I think only really develops from spending a ton of money on it to be honest.  People that are reasonably passionate about the game are able to criticize what is clearly unhealthy for the game and community, even if it does not personally affect them negatively.  (Many BnS youtubers and community members have called out the issues of this event specifically).

• Like 3

I'm not F2P or "near f2p" but this is shameful. Wanting to undermine those free player's massive effort and playtimes. The event is fine. Just greedy people wanting cosmetics like the owpvp wheel spin event.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:05 AM, oapjr said:

Check out the next phrase "no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players"

Anything that you can buy -- anyone can, so by definition, it isn't unfair.  Nice way to twist words there.

At the least, rent get a room in Austin TX and get your 5-10ms access and tell me how money can't buy you a huge competitive advantage over other players.  Oh, but its fair, cuz anyone has the same access to do that.

11 hours ago, Nanology said:

I already said this on one of the other "crying a river because I can't do all of the event" threads, but I wanted to say it again. This event isn't that bad. All players should be able to easily complete stages 1-3 of the turtle and Desolate Mausoleum. You can get 2 oils per character with little effort just from completing these. If you want TT soul shields, go farm MSP.

Only 1-5 from what I could see -- only 135 purples for 3-4-5 for unoptimized TT SS, that gives you lower  HP and maybe lower stats than what you have.

Moon refuge is another way to easily get gems, even if they can’t be upgraded they are good enough for a starter set. They admitted on the stream that the availability of gem powders was an issue they were going to be addressing in the future, so just be patient.

Sorry, but patient doesn't work when the event will be over before they fix it.

Let the whales flaunt their red wings and fancy titles, and focus on having fun while playing the game. 

How can you have fun when you can't run run any dungeons and have been waiting to get in one?  In a new clan where leaders says they have room for 1 more in TT -- only 1300k DPS is required to run with them..(odd, I thought only about 700k was needed...hmmm).

If this game isn’t fun for you because you expect to be able to log in for quick and easy events and get tons of good items for free, than you should think again.

Where you do get that 1-3k/month and 3000 hrs/year (same as 60 hours/week x 50 weeks) are free or easy?

This “I want everything now and I want it for free with little effort” attitude that many players have is just ridiculous. 

Your idea of little effort and free is ludicrous.  

I honestly dont think that NC is this stupid and doesnt realize that the game is fading away faster than snow on a hot stove with monetization like this. I just think that they completed their BnS journey and want it to die, because at this point it seems pretty obvious that there are no plans on actually "rescuing" the game if thats even possible (which i doubt heavily).

We can all agree on one thing, the time where they decided to put in Lootboxes + Trove was the moment the game decided its fate and sadly it went the p2w way. Bad developers, bad community managers , lacking communication (some things may not apply to the past weeks/months) and generally the monetization and greed of bigger corporations caused that pretty much 95% of the games out there are barely playable or simply cut down to 50% of original content + 2x 50€ dlc's which should've been in the game from the getgo.

This game was really fun as it lasted but i doubt that we will see another anniversary  and if so, i will be quite suprised.

I dont particulary demise this event, i actually quite like it, but the general "EVENTS" such as the above stated "trove" and "rng box event" where the grave of this game, legitimately.

BTW, there is a block function in this forum. If the "G" troll bums you out, just block its brown nose.

FWIW, the big gear upgrade (aka erase all your prior hard work) system started in the spring of 2017 when the ivory potatos and the scorpio bling that people slaved to build (remember all the pirate emblems and that other thing siren? emblems?) got removed and the HM resets and skill resets started. I was crushed. I worked so hard on that gear that was instantly equaled by any brand new nub doing the story.  (ya those stingers that gold spammers still offer was part of that big change in march 2017)

Nothing has changed in these subsequent 2 years.  Anyone crying about this is a brand new nub who doesn't know how it works around here. I knew in the summer of 2017 when I did a trove to build longuii shields without doing msp, how this was going to go. I KNEW back then that I wasn't ever going to use BT shields, and I could just wait without having to go through the absolute BS of those raids.  So here we are. I just built a full set of built VT shields. I saved the 40 masterworks shield enhancer things for almost 2 years from that 2017 summer trove to build my VT shields with full crit adders.  You want aransu 9 now?   well ok, since they reduced the mats needed.  NOW you can leave A6.    but if you are really broke, just wait, the next upgrade will give it to you in the story. Me, I can afford 1 PTS at the rate I accumulate hive queen hearts so I am going for it haha. 

I WAS working on building my soul but my plan for 60 oils and the farming of 1000+ moonstones over the past year and running CS/mandate every day when it wasn't cool to save demon stones, but see what happened? I was a fool, a tool, a chump.....

Here is the plan: to actually have a long range game plan is useless. If you want celestial shields just wait 6 months when the story gives you L70, HM24 and full celestial shields and the key upgrade mat to leave aransu weapon behind forever, without EVER having to go into that stupid waste known as a "raid"

So, when extreme frustration sets in RE-EVALUATE. NO ONE HAS A GUN TO YOUR HEAD. If you don't like the game during this event, take a break.  duh?

do your daily dash, log in rewards, DC and anything that is actually fun, and go do something else after that while you wait for the next move on  No Confidence Soft's part.

just don't stress.  Save your game money, save all mats you do pile up because you may get 10k useless MSP green shards from the next mat exchange, and you haven't lived until you have multiple 10k plus stacks of  useless mats.  This event is awesome. I never even read the letter, so I have zero problems with the event.

This is how you survive for the long haul once you realize what is really going on. YOU CANNOT HAVE THE NEWEST SHINY THING WITHOUT PAYING A TON OF MONEY. as soon as you lose the NEED for that newest shiny thing NAO!! you basically have beat the game. If you don't like what the game is doing  NEWS FLASH! you are in charge, take a break....

ps. don't rag on the whales. a couple billionaire's kids can float this entire game for the rest of us. And at that point they will start encouraging common folk to play just to keep up some population by giving us all kinds of stuff that the whales spent thousands of dollars/euros on mere months prior.  So "YAY FOR THE WHALES"  I appreciate all you pitch in to float this mess for me to have fun.

• Like 1