Why is the event weapon the same DPS as my A9?

JonJonPoPong2

Seriously, whats the point of this? It doesn't help anyone at all. Doing the turtle to stage 3 and getting the 1 hour weapon doesn't give you enough DPS to beat stage 4. I am doing the same DPS with the event wep as I do with my A9... So whats the point of this? 

I thought this was supposed to be a GC 9 wep that everyone could play with on their Mains and alts and use for doing harder dungeons and raids for fun.

All I hear is people saying "this is not fun". 

Edited by JonJonPoPong2

Its  a shame the 1-day weapon(supposed to be a bit more powerful than the 1 hr) isn't available for legendary orbs.  Reward structure feels kind of off for the event, if lycan wings were legendary orb, TT slices 1-3 legendary orb (50-60 depending on slice), I don't think I'd mind being too weak/high ping/bad to participate on Longui stage 4 and the harder masoleum.

my DPS goes up by ~400k from Aransu 9

900k > 1.3m

Not sure what you're doing.

just saying, the weapon does buff you DPS, but if the rest of your gear is weak the weapon wont help much.

Edited by Arohk

41 minutes ago, JonJonPoPong2 said:

As for my gear to give you an idea, my soul is max soul. I do the exact same DPS with event wep as I do with A9...

Soul is not the same as "rest of your gear"....truth be told more dps comes from ring + earring + bracelet + gloves + heart than the soul alone....

I'm actually having the same experience with this.  I do the same damage with the event weapon as my A3.  And as far as the rest of the gear, yeah, it's not great, but I would assume a jump to GC9 should have SOME difference.  Can't help but get the feeling something is bugged.

2 hours ago, MCWang said:

I'm actually having the same experience with this.  I do the same damage with the event weapon as my A3.  And as far as the rest of the gear, yeah, it's not great, but I would assume a jump to GC9 should have SOME difference.  Can't help but get the feeling something is bugged.

The event weapon is not equivalent to GC9, though you may experience DPS increase.

It stacks very fast, but also has a 30s buff before a reset kicks in. For classes that benefit a lot from resets (Gunner's V, for example), that 30s buff may be a mixed blessing.

This event weapon is similar to Galaxy weapon, which also comes with 30s buff. Just less stack and faster stacking.