Current Events are useless for newcomers

Zwei

I don't care about the rewards, I just don't want to be left out of the majority of the event.

I've been playing this game for two years, my character has A9, true tiger, TT acc and I can't kill longgui stage 4.

Recently I took a two month break from bns, I wish I didn't return

• Like 2

No I'm gonna say it

Those wings are ugly. Those wings, those wings are god awful. Those wings make you look like a chicken that just narrowly escaped being a Kentucky fried chicken. Those rotisserie chicken lookina-listen. Those greasy burnt up looking can I take your order mam looking wings you couldnt give them to me for free even with 0 effort involved so you know what they can keep them. Oh yes they can!!! Oh yes they can and let me tell you something else. THIS event. This event right here. Today. It's goin on right now, you log in, bam, it's in your face, that's what's happening, that's the mood of the day. That event is not their best work. I wouldnt put that one on the resume, I wouldnt show that one off. But we all make mistakes. But the mistakes are getting a little more frequent than usual, I'll admit that. I'll admit it, I hope they do too. Now. What's my point. Well let me get to that, I'm gonna say it right now.

I don't particularly care for this event and I do not think that I will be participating in it, however I am looking forward to what the future brings here in Blade and Soul Online now let me tell you something else. Hmmmmmmmm. Actually, we don't need this many events. There's way too many events back to back to back to back, it's not an event if it's every dam day how many times do I

• Like 2

I think the problem is not reward.

I think the problem is that some people feel being left out cuz they don't have enough gear. And the ones who feel left out make up a majority of this game's playerbase.

If you want a gear-gating event, just gate it behind raids/hard modes.

This event is depressing for players who are in  middle: they are not badly-geared, but also not geared enough. Reward-wise, this group of players benefit the most from emblem rewards. They are not lazy players, and some of them invest real money in the game, just not as much as a whale. They are left out, completely. Meanwhile, players who deal enough DPS and consider farming Longgui 4 mostly just want their shiny gem sets to be upgraded from gilded tri to gilded square.

For me, who is fine at clearing TT raids with my clan, but do not have the last 100k DPS to finish Sacred  Longgui Stage 4. Yeah, I deal 1.1m DPS, and 1.2m with event weapon, but it is just simply not enough. The only thing I can think to give me a major DPS boost is upgrading soul to max, which I don't have the resource to do so.

Honestly, I rather they gate the event behind Ma'o. At least, she will require you to have some skills, and your DPS only need like 250k to clear her. Instead of a basic F12 Longgui whose rotation is so slow, has bloated HP and strict enrage timer.

Or make a time-based rewarding scheme. Instead of enrage timers where you hit or miss, boss will give you better rewards if you achieve better clear time.

Edited by Kozuki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FlockUndead said:

I disagree with you 100% on this one, if someone ruins something like this, its the playerbase taking stuff like the old events for granted. Its definitely not ruining anything in this game, if something is ruining anything in this game its people with 0 knowledge of the high end raids getting stuff from that, just like sealed weapon materials etc etc etc. THIS is stuff that ruins the game. If you dont run the dungeon, you shouldn't get the materials of it, simple as that. May be an unpopular opinion but thats how it works.

Edit: Also not "one game" , but ~ 75% of the MMO's or Multiplayer games in general have stuff like this, hardmode = better rewards. We even got this right now in terms of hardmode dungeons with outfits and noone cries about that LOL.

And whats so bad that people which dedicate a lot of time to the game or money (LOL, im really saying this) in certain cases like trove or whatever, gain something exclusive? Its so damn hilarious if you think about it, complaining that people which are at the top ladder of Progression getting something unique for them, how dare they get something good for their efforts.

The only thing thats still exclusive till this day is the Founder - Master Pack Titles and the costumes of it (even though we got the reckoning reskin atm). Stop crying about the fact that there are sometimes events which are just not made for your gear. This is a good decision and i think they should do more of those events where lower plebs get easier dungeons (like in the past) and players with better gear get their own and therefor maybe 1 costume or smth unique.

I don't entirely disagree with you here. But there is a difference between BnS and other MMOs that have events or content focused at a certain tier of players only. They don't get news, previews or streams directed at everyone for an entire event meant to help you gear up and get exclusive event rewards, then actually release an event that only the end-game players really can do. If there is a reward for top players in PvP or PvP only, in other MMO's, it's promoted as such and designed where it's a reward for you working your way up or getting through something difficult. This event isn't that, it's a copy of the easy MSP turtle and an old Lv38 dungeon that is only gated behind gear. And again, it wasn't promoted as something for end-game players only. Where I do agree though, there should be better vanity items for players who did achieve that, either through hardcore raiding or spending a ton, and if there is, then it needs a better delivery. Giving it to people who have the best gear for an event that should be accessible by everyone is wrong to most, an event with no criteria should reward better for skill maybe, not just gear unless specified beforehand.

God you people are something else. God forbid those of us who play a fair bit OR spend our hard earned money can have an event that is actually for us instead of us carrying the rest of you in easy events and being bored stupid. I like this event and I like the burning mausoleum and its insane dps requirements and mechanics (that rolling is crazy). Quit complaining and do your part of the event (which is no different than any other event that has ever been released as far as items earned) and let the people who roll hard play hard. I commend Ncsoft for giving us an event FOR ONCE that rewards us who bust ass in TT and put the time and money in. I for one want to see more events that are for my tier of gear and provide something exclusive that rewards my dedication.

KEEP IT UP NCSOFT this is how events are supposed to be

• Like 1

On 11.04.2019 at 4:05 AM, Cor said:

The gear requirement for this event is certainly excessive but why would every event need to be dirt easy and cater to newcomers? The game has been made easier for new players countless times there is no reason to complain if there is an event once in a while that isn't easy peasy.

Yes game has been made easier but actually there are good reasons to complain. Even for whales this event is a cancer. Especially Stage 4+ of Sacred Longgui and Burning Mausoleum. I still wonder what they were thinking when they wanted us to dps 1.800.000.000 hp or was there any mech that we dont know yet.

On 11.04.2019 at 4:54 AM, RyuAzukii said:

I thought I would write this cause after trying the event I noticed the weapons are garbage and barely did any damage in the Burning event part. The fact you get one shot makes it even worst how do you think that people would clear when the boss is taking hearts on every hit. Once again you give us a event with a broken weapon and a boss that is one shooting people please fix this.

This is exactly what I am talking  about. They say this event is for well geared players but even well geared players are failing many times..

8 hours ago, RevivedTera said:

God you people are something else. God forbid those of us who play a fair bit OR spend our hard earned money can have an event that is actually for us instead of us carrying the rest of you in easy events and being bored stupid. I like this event and I like the burning mausoleum and its insane dps requirements and mechanics (that rolling is crazy). Quit complaining and do your part of the event (which is no different than any other event that has ever been released as far as items earned) and let the people who roll hard play hard. I commend Ncsoft for giving us an event FOR ONCE that rewards us who bust ass in TT and put the time and money in. I for one want to see more events that are for my tier of gear and provide something exclusive that rewards my dedication.

KEEP IT UP NCSOFT this is how events are supposed to be

How is it for you? If you can clear it all then there's literally nothing you need from the emblem shop. If you're clearing you already have the 8-piece of the SS set and if you need replacements/fusion pieces for 1-3 you can farm more easily by playing the actual content that drops them or farming other areas. I can't imagine you don't have full Octas or better already, and for someone with your gear you already have more viable ways of farming additional gems for transmuting. You also have more viable ways of farming the mats. Other than the wings, what would even be worth your time to farm?

For those who do have a problem with the event I would like to pose a question, how should the developers create an event that can prioritize higher gear players?  Most events we get are to help level up, we have gear events (last event soul).  We have raid events (low tier ones get more consistent reward).  This is the first event I have seen that gives something more to those who are geared, while most favors those who aren’t.  Why should events cater more to those who aren’t geared?

I do wish it was a little different with more mechs and slightly less dps, but I am glad to see something that at least can be a reward for those who do gear up.  As long as these events aren’t the most common then it can be a nice goal to work up to.  Give players a reason not to just wait for the next reduction to level up their gear.

24 minutes ago, Nihilu said:

For those who do have a problem with the event I would like to pose a question, how should the developers create an event that can prioritize higher gear players?  Most events we get are to help level up, we have gear events (last event soul).  We have raid events (low tier ones get more consistent reward).  This is the first event I have seen that gives something more to those who are geared, while most favors those who aren’t.  Why should events cater more to those who aren’t geared?

I do wish it was a little different with more mechs and slightly less dps, but I am glad to see something that at least can be a reward for those who do gear up.  As long as these events aren’t the most common then it can be a nice goal to work up to.  Give players a reason not to just wait for the next reduction to level up their gear.

Again, what does it give to players who are geared? If you can clear stage 4 you literally need nothing in the reward pool other than maybe the wings. Even if you need what the event drops, all those mats are more readily farmed by just playing the game. The rewards make no sense for the amount of gear required to get them.

People doing 1.2m sustained DPS are just barely getting through, and not even every time at that. The event is brutal and the rewards are pointless for people who can actually clear the bosses. The loot for the emblems should be what's also available for the other currency and the top rewards should be something the best geared players can actually use. The saddest part is that a lot of players who play regularly and even some who whale out can barely get through the bosses and get nothing out of it if they do.

What is rewarding for whales who already have better gear and better farming methods than what this event offers?

I know people who can do it who don’t have full gilded squares yet. The octas are very useful for them to help get to the squares.  They would be equivalent to those aiming for gilded triangles getting heptas.  It is just one stage up, so not much in all reality, but still can be very useful to them.  The TT mats aren’t as useful, but some might not have GC9 as the accesories can sometimes be more meaningful to some classes too.

The fully maxed players are aiming for the title probably, but that is quite a bit higher dps requirement then just killing the turtle.

Its not about what we can, cant, or need to get. Its about having an event catered to stronger players for once. Play the content you are tiered for and work for the PRIVILEGE of doing the harder stuff just like everyone else you entitled millennials.

I should also clarify, I am not saying the event is balanced 100% right.  I am not sure if it is or isn’t,  Korea had thE turtle too I believe. So if we aren’t hitting the same amount of target audience, or if they didn’t properly take into account the difference in regions (pink badge ET raid, unity time, soul level?) then the hp should possible be lowered a bit.  My argument is primarily that it is nice that an event is catered to others then just those gearing up.  Where an army of alts aren’t always the best for the event.

9 hours ago, Ayanami ID said:

Yes game has been made easier but actually there are good reasons to complain. Even for whales this event is a cancer. Especially Stage 4+ of Sacred Longgui and Burning Mausoleum. I still wonder what they were thinking when they wanted us to dps 1.800.000.000 hp or was there any mech that we dont know yet.

Burning Mausoleum Boss: 1 840 000 000 HP, 5 minute enrage timer => 1 022 222.222 dps is required for everyone. Any range person should be able to push their parse dps. It isn't that extreme if you consider most gc3 people will push 1.2m+. Melee I will accept it is different since they have more attacks to evade. But for Gunners, Warlocks, Fm and Summoner (Dunno if cat is one shot as well) he is a push over. The aoe pools can easily be avoided with a 5 hit resist and some small sidesteps. His roar takes forever so your 5 hit resist should almost always bee off cooldown.

As for Longgui well 1.3m is needed but that in itself is not the biggest flaw. Having to tank Longgui is where some issue appears. Not every class is suited for max pew pew damage + tanking. Sure he has only a 5 hit move set but it still puts tanks in a way better spotlight. 

I myself cannot clear Stage 4 Longgui since I don't meet the 1.3m but I can say that I welcome this event because it finally give veterans/geared players an advantage. Only thing they might need to fix is the loot table for such players. Octa gems are nice but if you really want to give only octas then make the dps requirement only 1m. Else boost your rewards

People are flaming this event is what makes the event bad. Instead of even looking at it as an approach for a new "type" of event your guys flame that your 2 month account cannot clear it. Sorry but those catch up Soul/Pet event are in my opinion way worse because they offer nothing. Cool your alt gets an Awakened transcended Soul. And once you have it what will next catch up give you? Nothing! This event has at least 2 loot tables. 1 for the top 2% and other table is for the rest. This is how events are supposed to be. Not catering only 1 group and shitting on the rest.

I often criticize NCSoft but for once they went in a good direction. Don't get me wrong the event is not perfect. But for once we do not have an event that rewards GC people with blackstones/silver scales.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aztael said:

Burning Mausoleum Boss: 1 840 000 000 HP, 5 minute enrage timer => 1 022 222.222 dps is required for everyone. Any range person should be able to push their parse dps. It isn't that extreme if you consider most gc3 people will push 1.2m+. Melee I will accept it is different since they have more attacks to evade. But for Gunners, Warlocks, Fm and Summoner (Dunno if cat is one shot as well) he is a push over. The aoe pools can easily be avoided with a 5 hit resist and some small sidesteps. His roar takes forever so your 5 hit resist should almost always bee off cooldown.

As for Longgui well 1.3m is needed but that in itself is not the biggest flaw. Having to tank Longgui is where some issue appears. Not every class is suited for max pew pew damage + tanking. Sure he has only a 5 hit move set but it still puts tanks in a way better spotlight. 

I myself cannot clear Stage 4 Longgui since I don't meet the 1.3m but I can say that I welcome this event because it finally give veterans/geared players an advantage. Only thing they might need to fix is the loot table for such players. Octa gems are nice but if you really want to give only octas then make the dps requirement only 1m. Else boost your rewards

People are flaming this event is what makes the event bad. Instead of even looking at it as an approach for a new "type" of event your guys flame that your 2 month account cannot clear it. Sorry but those catch up Soul/Pet event are in my opinion way worse because they offer nothing. Cool your alt gets an Awakened transcended Soul. And once you have it what will next catch up give you? Nothing! This event has at least 2 loot tables. 1 for the top 2% and other table is for the rest. This is how events are supposed to be. Not catering only 1 group and shitting on the rest.

I often criticize NCSoft but for once they went in a good direction. Don't get me wrong the event is not perfect. But for once we do not have an event that rewards GC people with blackstones/silver scales.

Exactly Atael hits the nail on the head.

3 hours ago, Aztael said:

Excluding any large enough group of players from an event isn't a good idea. But, excluding 85% of the playerbase? And let's be honest, events are usually not for the fun and excitement of having a new dungeon to run everyday for 3-4 weeks even for mid-game players, so of course end-game players will complain about effortlessly carrying through easier content regardless of the reward. Anyway, it does go to show rewards for higher tier players have been lacking, but it's still a much better way to go about implementing events or something rewarding for them than this, which makes many feel left out. Any other MMO rewards people for achieving the top percentile: reached the top 1%, here's your prize, cleared a challenge mode dungeon in WoW, here's a mount and exclusive armor set. But when is it ever, "Here's an event for the top 10% only." Who's really acting entitled? Not to mention, it usually is a performance feat. to earn those things, not a gear one, but ok, let's say there is a gear req. in WoW, since it's the only one I've played and can compare to, it doesn't take hundreds of dollars or the better part of a year to gear up to do something, it takes skill and actual achievable gear for the average person.
I've no interest in the wings and as many have said, the TT 1-3 SS are easy to get through other means. What bothers me is the concept of this event, the gap between stage 3/4, and the difference between Burning/Desolate Mausoleum. They are all daily, once a day, except Stage 4. Those who can do stage 4 have a way to non-stop farm the event currency for whatever they want if the time it takes is worth it to them, while the majority of us get daily scraps.
When KR got this event, was their average player able to beat it, or no? I heard they didn't even get or need the 1 hour weapon, that was supposed to be a boost for us since we're behind them, which clearly didn't work.

Edited by wefhqweig

The issue is not about endgame people blazing in low level dungeons and carrying alts. The issue is that NCSoft never could give us good loot because all dungeons could be carried and farmed. Now they finally made a specific loot table for endgame people. Is that said loot table well done? Nope as I mentioned before they should revise the loot. But don't combine "I do not care about wings" with I cannot do Stage 4 this is unfair. 

Stage 1-3 Needs what 600k tops? Rewards -> Legendary orbs -> Oils, Pet Packs, Hepta Gems, etc. Or simplified Normal event stuff

Stage 4 Needs 1.2m Reward -> Resurgence Emblem -> GC SS 1-3 (useless should have been 6-7-8), Octa Gems, Wings, Onyx Scale and GC Steel

So let's breakdown the rewards. If you cannot clear Stage 4 turtle then I am sorry to inform you but most likely you should not be farming GC steel, Gem upgrades. Your soul probably is not max and neither is your Talisman and Heart. Most likely 90% of the people not clearing stage 4 also do not have TT accessories.

So their priority should be upgrading their gear and not gems. But people today are so focused on having all Dyad Squares with a crappy Aransu 3 thinking they can bust in TT and get GC tomorrow.

Stage 4 only gives TT geared people an event allowing them to get more steels and one stage higher gems since most likely if you clear TT you are probably working on Gilded Squares and your GC upgrade.
Stage 1-3 is just as any regular event that pretty much anyone can do. (especially since getting VT gear is a joke)

The Mausoleum follow that same principle.
Desolate mausoleum = Normal people -> Legendary Orbs
Burning Mausoleum = Endgame people -> Resurgence Emblem

So what exactly are you missing out so badly on not being able to kill Stage 4? What is that one item that you so desperately need that you cannot get from Stage 1-3? Octa Gems? So you can have Dyad Squares on and Aransu 6 main? GC Steel for your GC weapon when you never cleared Boss 3 and Boss 4?
I will admit locking the wings is a dick move. But that is the only item that I think should not have been locked. The GC Soulshields should be changed to 6-7-8 and they should have added Premium Transformation Stones. 

You should see this the same when Trove or Rng Box is out. 1 tab is a real event and the one is rng box bullshit tab.

But this time instead of splitting the tabs they put them together and the other part is gear locked and not someones Hongmoon Credit Card.

1 hour ago, wefhqweig said:

Excluding any large enough group of players from an event isn't a good idea. But, excluding 85% of the playerbase? ........

But when is it ever, "Here's an event for the top 10% only." Who's really acting entitled? 

I would like to point out one thing about BnS event system, it doesn’t follow the typical event system of P2P MMO’s I have done or even F2P MMO’s.  It seems to be more closely related to that I see in cellphone games, where there is always one going on.  So it isn’t as much of events, but more so part of the routine to keep the game fresh and allow ways to acquire items (or oils in BnS case).  Some of these events in cell phone games have “challenge mode” or higher difficulty tier, in a way to encourage players to work up to.  Now I don’t think this is something that should happen consistently, but having one in a blue moon isn’t bad.  There are some players I have talked to that basically don’t care about upgrading till a reduction happens, everything in this game can be done with pretty nominal gear if willing to learn mechs and find good groups.  Outside of challenge modes and first introduction of new raids, this is the main time the game actually required high end gear (TT raid and Challenge events sometimes require players to cut back on dps or can cause issues with scoring higher or mechs).

At the same time, they still have the same event avaliable to everyone, but with decreased rewards, so it isn’t an event for the top 10% but one that gives an extra reward for the top 10%.  I would say similar to how upgrade event give better type of rewards for the bottom “X”%.  No one is being excluded, the low event is there for everyone with the typical “event” rewards.  And the rewards for the heightened event isn’t so outlandish that it will give them a ridiculous increase from where they are at. 

The wings, like Aztael mentioned, are the main thing that could be considered over kill to put in there.  But at the same time wings are a huge money maker for ncsoft that I don’t see them going into normal events.  My thought on this tho is, keep these type of legendary events, bring back old bosses, preferable with out nerfed mechs.  Require pretty good gear (preferable not to this ratio of end game if mechs are required) and allow players to buy tickets to get past “Legendary” Events cosmetics, use this as a carrot for people to reach for, so we have more reasons to work on and upgrade equipment.