Current Events are useless for newcomers

Zwei

Hello, I've just came back to play BnS after long break, as a new comer i don't think the events are supporting us enough as much as i can see the new event requires more gear than i have and i think this event is useless at all for me.Please consider that as a observation of a beta player of bns who took break 8 months or so, and now after i came i see no usefull events or support low geared ppl to courage to play bns further its totally not making any sense for the players who tries to gear up and catch the content.

• Like 3

The gear requirement for this event is certainly excessive but why would every event need to be dirt easy and cater to newcomers? The game has been made easier for new players countless times there is no reason to complain if there is an event once in a while that isn't easy peasy.

The last event was actually pretty new player friendly.  If you get through the main story and the side quest, you actually had enough dps to clear HM and CS.  The problem is most people don’t use food for one, and knowing mechs for a CS if your team is all lower in dps.  The last event also was a soul upgrade event so you were able to get a descent soul with a lot less work then without the event.

The current event isn’t as useful for newcomers, but by doing the DM dungeon you can get some jewels/elements that could be nice for upgrading as well.

• Like 2

I thought I would write this cause after trying the event I noticed the weapons are garbage and barely did any damage in the Burning event part. The fact you get one shot makes it even worst how do you think that people would clear when the boss is taking hearts on every hit. Once again you give us a event with a broken weapon and a boss that is one shooting people please fix this.

• Like 3

After playing BnS for 1 year, I learnt that not all events are doable (or I should say can be maximized in terms of profit) by all tiers of players.

I complaint initially, but now I accept this fact since it does make sense to have some variations.

As someone pointed out above, the previous event was already very good for all players. Now the other pattern comes in, next will be another pattern of event. Then after a few, will come back to the good one like previous event. Circle of life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

My 2 cents would be if they really want to make more challenging events, then keep it like Realmrift with preset stats and focus on fun/challenging mechanics.

No because the last realmrift was also completely nerfed down to the point a cat could clear it by just walking on your keyboard, where mechanics were jsut simply ignored as they did near to no damage at all.

Stage 4 longgui and the easy version of mausoleum award the same event currency. One is for geared players and the other can be done with less gear as long as people know when to dodge / iframe since the one-shot mechanics. they even gave 15 dragon bloods for it.

1 hour ago, Scrimmz said:

Easy event dung can be cleared by everyone. Not that hard.

But stage 4 longgui is not something everyone can clear due to the enrage timer. Still need a certain amount of dps for that.

1. Not true. It can be hard.

2. I wouldn't know, I can't clear stage 3, not even stage 2 on some alts.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No because the last realmrift was also completely nerfed down to the point a cat could clear it by just walking on your keyboard, where mechanics were jsut simply ignored as they did near to no damage at all.

Stage 4 longgui and the easy version of mausoleum award the same event currency. One is for geared players and the other can be done with less gear as long as people know when to dodge / iframe since the one-shot mechanics. they even gave 15 dragon bloods for it.

Strangely enough, I've seen quite a few teams failing to clear Realm Rift, even never making it past Slashimi. And plenty of players rage quitting the dungeon if others didn't use sojus or some lvl 50 joined. Or dying to poison at Tae, probably because she did no damage at all, obviously.

Please don't make claims of how the event is for lower geared players since you clearly have no effing clue.

6 hours ago, RyuAzukii said:

I thought I would write this cause after trying the event I noticed the weapons are garbage and barely did any damage in the Burning event part. The fact you get one shot makes it even worst how do you think that people would clear when the boss is taking hearts on every hit. Once again you give us a event with a broken weapon and a boss that is one shooting people please fix this.

How? You dodge them.. the attacks are damn slow and easy to predict.

This event is just for chash whales. We where not able to clear 2nd dungeon even with full HM21-24grp and decent gear. 4th Longui even not possible except u r a cash whale. After 3 years I m done with the game now. This is an absultley shame on you just to reward the big cash whales.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dru Lockheart said:

Please don't make claims of how the event is for lower geared players since you clearly have no effing clue.

Actually  i do...since i LFP the easy mausoleum dungeon in F8. And so far....all cleared even with HM 14-16 players in the party.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Cor:

The gear requirement for this event is certainly excessive but why would every event need to be dirt easy and cater to newcomers? The game has been made easier for new players countless times there is no reason to complain if there is an event once in a while that isn't easy peasy.

Maybe because the majority of the playerbase is pissed off because its the first time you could get wings not only for cash (Trove / Cash-Boxes) and then you need endgame gear to get it? 
Its just another kick in the ass for the majority of the playerbase.

Im full VT with ~1600AP and cant kill Longui on stage 4, i only get em down to ~40% good job...

5 hours ago, Dru Lockheart said:

1. Not true. It can be hard.

2. I wouldn't know, I can't clear stage 3, not even stage 2 on some alts.

Strangely enough, I've seen quite a few teams failing to clear Realm Rift, even never making it past Slashimi. And plenty of players rage quitting the dungeon if others didn't use sojus or some lvl 50 joined. Or dying to poison at Tae, probably because she did no damage at all, obviously.

Part of the problem with the new event dungeon isn’t with dps, but people partially not realizing that there are dragonbloods you can get, and up to 15.  I had some lfp groups where I wasn’t able to grab dragonbloods before they engaged the boss, so one mistake and they lost 1/6 (or more) of their dps.  I have cleared it with all my raven 3 alts with just slightly better then out of story gear, so definitely doable for anyone.

the harder part of the event I do wish was more mechanical and less dps (I don’t quite have the dps to clear) but at the same time why should every event be catered to specific players?  High end players rarely have an event to help them gear up, so putting orcas in there for them isn’t unreasonable.  Most of the gear up events end before it even helps them.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Nihilu:

High end players rarely have an event to help them gear up, so putting orcas in there for them isn’t unreasonable.

You still dont see the reason why most people are enrage due to this event. They hide the Fire Wings behind DPS that most players cant provide.
I dont care about the octa gems or TT soulshields but i want that wings and thats what pisses me of as most of the other players.

Also the argument "we wanted a hard dungeon" is not valid, DPS doesnt make a dungeon hard, but for lot of players impossible.

When they want a hard dungeon add some mech, for example Desolate Tomb with full mech and limited stats, like the Poharan Event.

But then most whales would start crying cause they fail a dungeon when they cant burst down the boss...

Why is it so hard to understand that newbies arent supposed to get ****everything**** as all other players. Have you ever been in other MMO's where there are events for better geared people with exclusive items or cosmetics ? No ? How about you start playing any other mmo outside of BNS.

Please for the sake of god stop acting like its something new and bad that people which played the game for several years have for once the chance to get something exclusive only to them and im talking about stuff outside of cashgrab bullshit like Trove or RNG Boxes or similiar stuff.

Get a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ grip and start realising that this is completely normal, just not normal in this game. 

Edit : Notice that 95% of the stuff that was available back in the "good days" was re-sold or simply put in the easiest way to obtain them possible.

Edited by FlockUndead

33 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

You still dont see the reason why most people are enrage due to this event. They hide the Fire Wings behind DPS that most players cant provide.
I dont care about the octa gems or TT soulshields but i want that wings and thats what pisses me of as most of the other players.

Also the argument "we wanted a hard dungeon" is not valid, DPS doesnt make a dungeon hard, but for lot of players impossible.

When they want a hard dungeon add some mech, for example Desolate Tomb with full mech and limited stats, like the Poharan Event.

But then most whales would start crying cause they fail a dungeon when they cant burst down the boss...

I did say I wish it was more mechanical and less dps, but it is probably to put some kind of gate on the rewards.  Wings seem to be one of the highest selling points (other then high end gems) of trove/rng boxes, it causes even some players who rarely pay to take a chance at them.  This is a F2P game, they need to keep both paying customers and F2P customers happy.

Recently there hasn’t been an event really aimed at high geared players, realm rift had nice rewards for them, but the thanksgiving event was a joke (most players I talked to wish they didn’t use CoS currency as the drop rates where to low). But to note, this Poharon wasn’t all that hard with suji, mostly players again not willing to use food/potions.  I notice that on average if I don’t use a friendship charm no one will, and you get those for basically free.  If they make things to hard, then you will get complaints that the mechanics are stupid and shouldn’t be hated behind high mech dungeons, you can not appease everyone with every event, it is a sad but honest truth.

I did say “harder part of the event” I wasn’t trying to claim that the actual dungeon was hard other then dps.

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Maybe it was nerfed because the 2 flawed mentalities people seem to walk around with are so black and white. Either unreasonably high requirements or brain dead easy with no inbetween. There are much less complaints when things are actually balanced. I literally said fun/challenging mechanics, and you come right out with this reply?

15 hours ago, Cor said:

Either way is wrong, an event shouldn't be catered to a fresh 60, they won't be at that newbie state if they actually try and progress, and it should not be catered to only those are TT-ready. It's not so black and white that events should be "easy peasy" or "excessively hard"

2 hours ago, FlockUndead said:

Why is it so hard to understand that newbies arent supposed to get ****everything**** as all other players. Have you ever been in other MMO's where there are events for better geared people with exclusive items or cosmetics ? No ? How about you start playing any other mmo outside of BNS.

Please for the sake of god stop acting like its something new and bad that people which played the game for several years have for once the chance to get something exclusive only to them and im talking about stuff outside of cashgrab bullshit like Trove or RNG Boxes or similiar stuff.

Get a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ grip and start realising that this is completely normal, just not normal in this game. 

Edit : Notice that 95% of the stuff that was available back in the "good days" was re-sold or simply put in the easiest way to obtain them possible.

"this is completely normal, just not normal in this game" I laughed when I read this lol, I think you're the only one off the grip. If something is not normal for a game, then of course there will be controversy, because certain things just don't work the same in every game. You try to bring the normalcy of one game into another and would probably ruin it.  And once again, the important argument isn't that a new player should have access to everything, it's a lot of people pissed off because the half of the game in decent VT gear hardly benefit from the event. Heptagonal gems, oils, etc. those are always available, but the exclusive wings or event-accessible TT soul shields are only for the top tier players pretty much. Just as something shouldn't be catered to the 10% of new players who will have already made some progression in a couple weeks to do more challenging things, it shouldn't be catered the top 10% either that majority of the game hasn't or can't reach any time soon.

• Like 1

i also agree im as full VT just cant get past 40%HP and its absurd, events suppose to be for everyone to enjoy and have fun however then the reward is blocked by DPS that you cant even get to deal for some items that you can buy for event currency its really a BS and most of the items in the event currency isnt even useful for high end players anyway...

its like there is items in that shop that high end players dont even need

but the low end player really need those items to boost there DPS but its DPS Blocked content

this event is so "fun" is really comical :pain:

I get that people are upset that they can't do ALL of this event, but it is not completely useless. You can easily do stages 1-3 of the turtle and the Desolate Mausoleum dungeon. You'll be able to get 2 oils per character for little effort. It's too bad that everyone won't be able to get the Lycan's Fire Wings, but then again, it's only a cosmetic. As for the TT soul shields, MSP would be much better to farm those if you are unable to find an actual TT raid. Gems should be a low priority upgrade as they don't give much of a dps increase, and they typically cost too much from events to be worth getting over oils. Overall, this event is not that bad, just disappointing that all players cannot complete all aspects of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

Maybe it was nerfed because the 2 flawed mentalities people seem to walk around with are so black and white. Either unreasonably high requirements or brain dead easy with no inbetween. There are much less complaints when things are actually balanced. I literally said fun/challenging mechanics, and you come right out with this reply?

Because realmrift the first time it was released it was FUN, you had to do all the mechanics, watch out for damage, do the levers....now? pop soju blind dps through, no need to care about lever and about her other mechs .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

because certain things just don't work the same in every game. You try to bring the normalcy of one game into another and would probably ruin it.

I disagree with you 100% on this one, if someone ruins something like this, its the playerbase taking stuff like the old events for granted. Its definitely not ruining anything in this game, if something is ruining anything in this game its people with 0 knowledge of the high end raids getting stuff from that, just like sealed weapon materials etc etc etc. THIS is stuff that ruins the game. If you dont run the dungeon, you shouldn't get the materials of it, simple as that. May be an unpopular opinion but thats how it works.

Edit: Also not "one game" , but ~ 75% of the MMO's or Multiplayer games in general have stuff like this, hardmode = better rewards. We even got this right now in terms of hardmode dungeons with outfits and noone cries about that LOL.

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

but the exclusive wings or event-accessible TT soul shields are only for the top tier players pretty much

And whats so bad that people which dedicate a lot of time to the game or money (LOL, im really saying this) in certain cases like trove or whatever, gain something exclusive? Its so damn hilarious if you think about it, complaining that people which are at the top ladder of Progression getting something unique for them, how dare they get something good for their efforts.

The only thing thats still exclusive till this day is the Founder - Master Pack Titles and the costumes of it (even though we got the reckoning reskin atm). Stop crying about the fact that there are sometimes events which are just not made for your gear. This is a good decision and i think they should do more of those events where lower plebs get easier dungeons (like in the past) and players with better gear get their own and therefor maybe 1 costume or smth unique.

Edited by FlockUndead