More difficult events are good!

Ozonek

I'd like to give unpopular opinion. I like the fact that current events have easy and hard part to them. Gives stronger characters something to do and some extra rewards. At the same time rewards for Resurgence Coins aren't good enough to care about them on alts.

I'd like more of those "two difficulty level" events in the future. Don't get discouraged by hate from alt farmers, who want to do everything on every crappy character, instead of doing actual game content.

I don't know if you're trolling or just... new to gaming in general and just lack the knowledge. But try to understand this.
Content can have complex mechanics that make it challenging, fun and engaging. It's hard because if you do something wrong or don't know your class well, then you're punished for mistakes. But, it's doable with enough patience and practice to develop the skills to beat it.
This event is nothing like that, it is simple, the only issue is the high health pool compared to the enrage timer. That is not complex, challenging or engaging, it is not something that you can play better to overcome. It is a pure deadstop because if you lack the gear, you can't do it. You say the people "who want to do everything on every crappy character" do not want to play the actual content, which is wrong. People on their main characters cannot who are trying to progress still can't do the event because it requires very high end-game gear that majority have not reached yet. To say you want more events that only maybe 15% of the player base can do is just.. lol I hope you're trolling and I can say you got me good.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ozonek said:

I'd like to give unpopular opinion. I like the fact that current events have easy and hard part to them. Gives stronger characters something to do and some extra rewards. At the same time rewards for Resurgence Coins aren't good enough to care about them on alts.

I'd like more of those "two difficulty level" events in the future. Don't get discouraged by hate from alt farmers, who want to do everything on every crappy character, instead of doing actual game content.

whats diffuclt about the fights?

https://i.imgflip.com/2y9k1q.jpg

Edited by Arohk

Actually, The "Main reward" should be the most rewarding while the "Alternate reward" should be something for higher levelled/geared people. As a returning/new player, noone is able to complete the event which gives the most to someone in not TT gear. Sure, getting Hepta gems is nice, but hey there's Octa's you can get from the event as well which you can make into OP Tri or Sqs which new players would definitely find useful in catching up to the higher geared people instead of being secluded in a "Oh you're weak so you can't get the OP stuff anyway" bubble.

Even as a returning/new player, I do agree there could/should be events which are tougher (maybe a HM mode like this time, or you know... something this game has none of... mechanically challenging content! :D Yes. I'm aware everything 1 hits you in the event dungeon unless you can press your Q and E once every 30 seconds), but the tougher content shouldn't give things which new players can definitely use. Let it give TT soulshields, Onyx scales, Grand Celestial steel, stuff from TT and costumes, which the higher end of the community would need, but alts/new players will (at that very moment in time of having close to 0 gear) useless (I'm aware that TT soulshields are OP AF to a new player, but they should still be "forced" to farm something other than materials so the content doesn't die).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ozonek said:

Hey, you can disagree, but the main reward is doable by everyone. There's just extra something for better geared players and that's good.

I don't disagree, I am all for more difficult events. However, it would be disastrous if the people making the events shared your level of thinking in what makes an event, or any dungeon/raid, difficult.
"Let's make an event that helps players gears up, but can only be done by the top 10% geared players and the other 90% can get the usual scraps they always get"
By only doable by the top 10% geared, I don't mean they have to be good, they can be trash-skill level players, as long as they have the top gear, the event will be easy. The challenge is getting the gear lol.

Edited by wefhqweig
  • Like 1

The way I'd see it, it would be that the main easy part of the event gives materials needed for people to reach some sort catch up (not all the way though because that would be unfair to those who farmed it before), while the hard part gives exclusive cosmetics not found anywhere else. But that's just my opinion.

I have not done any of the event. Not the solo part and much less the dungeon (I have no friends lel), but if that's how it's working, I may do it once and move on.

There is a difference between difficult and downright impossible due to gear check.

Difficult = realmrift dungeon without soju (when we had it the first time), where people can actually participate and have a chance at clearing, where it was based mostly on skill

Downright impossible = this current garbage

Get your facts straight.

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozonek said:

you can say whatever you want but in my own experience this is not a fair event for the 80% of the player base.

In my case as a returning player that was out of the game for about 5 months (was sick of all the p2w bullsht... and still) I find it impossible to kill the last stage of Longi with my gear as it is rn having a VT/TT geared Character with some TT stuff, say: Accessories + 5 Piece of TT Soulshields + Awakened Tiger stage 3 + Aransu 9 Axe.

Reward wise the event is ok, but what kind of player can really claim that reward and make good use of it other than just stock pile gems, etc. for future updates just because they are fully maxed out? a Person like me that is semi geared could make good use of them but guess what? can not kill the last stage.

Looks like the bright Idea that NCsoft had was to make a farm-able event that could only be done by the top tier spenders which would not bother that much on farming it since they would not really need.

I have to say that all of you in ncsoft are doing a good job on killing the game for a while now... an example of that is you having to do another server consolidation because once again there are not enough players to fill up 2 servers...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlviSVPP said:

Are you kidding ? Octo gems / 3 part TT SS are incredible rewards for many ppl, except those that are already TT geared and can actually do the event. 

The whole thing makes no sense.

TT1-3 is so easy now with MSP.

You obviously need the gear to do stage 6 MSP,

If you dont have good gear (VT SS A6+), why do you even want to skip VT SS and get TT SS?

Step by step........

This is roughly the same with the event last year where you need to do solo dungeons and transmute the Party Table.

Those with better gears can clear Circle of Sundering and get better rewards.

Those with lower gear has to just accept the fact that they are lower tier and complete Yunsang to still be able to do the event but with lower rewards.

At that time not many people complaint except me. I complaint so much in forum and also through support ticket......

Now I get used to this pattern, if I am not strong enough to clear event dungeons to get better rewards (Octas), then let it be... I still take part in the event with lower rewards....

21 minutes ago, prietess said:

TT1-3 is so easy now with MSP.

You obviously need the gear to do stage 6 MSP,

If you dont have good gear (VT SS A6+), why do you even want to skip VT SS and get TT SS?

Step by step........

What's your point? Event is supposed to give easier access, but people with Aransu 6 and VT SS can't do it. They aren't skipping anything. 
Edit: Just read your other reply

Like Cappie said, CoS is doable with lower gear, just a lot harder, you can't just compare that to now. That aside, just because you can accept being excluded, doesn't mean everyone else has to, nor does that make it right. But you do make one good point, our complaints are useless, but whatever, the decreasing playerbase will speak for itself, and the upcoming server merge is a good sign of that. 

Edited by wefhqweig
  • Like 1

Difference is that Circle of Sundering and the other dungeons that you are mentioning did not have an unfair timer. They were and are mostly mechanical based and doable with low gear if you know mech.

Edited by Cappie
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

And here i did LFP for the Easier version of Mausoleum in F8 and we cleared it with no issues at all....all people had to do is know when to move / iframe....

We are talking about 2/3 parts of the event which are unclearable for anyone below tt gear.. not the mausoleum

As personal opinion events for the most part should be for everyone however i also do understand the reasoning behind why they did it this way. I suppose devs wanted to give something for max geared players and something for the rest buuut they kind failed with that, obviously. At least for the rewards portion.

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

What's your point? Event is supposed to give easier access, but people with Aransu 6 and VT SS can't do it. They aren't skipping anything. 
Edit: Just read your other reply

Like Cappie said, CoS is doable with lower gear, just a lot harder, you can't just compare that to now. That aside, just because you can accept being excluded, doesn't mean everyone else has to, nor does that make it right. But you do make one good point, our complaints are useless, but whatever, the decreasing playerbase will speak for itself, and the upcoming server merge is a good sign of that. 

My point is if you have A6 and VT SS , you can do MSP to get TT 1-3 especially with weekend double rewards.

NOT GOOD!
Difficult events, ok.

Event with Hard Enter Requirements and top gears(not just weapon) to do, Not OK!

From a player came back 2 weeks ago. At least Half of the exchange page is totally USELESS TO ME.

ps. making gc weapon craftable allow you to enter but because you can not clear it with just that, so people will not party with you, so you don't get to do it so why even craft the weapon in the first place. Goes for BM and Longgui Stage 4

Edited by InoriYuzurihaDesu
  • Like 1

People seem to missunderstand the event....the harder mausoleum version gives rewards that are meant for those who already cleared the content to get some extra out of it and min/max the first 3 shields and gems. Its not meant for people which are undergeared to easily get a TT 3 set or steels.

They have moon refuge for octagonal gems as a start, they have BT / VT they need to go through first. What sense would it make to have all these dungeons curves if people could just sit around and get everything through events instead of doing the actual content.

thats why the harder stages / dungeons are for those better geared and the lower dungeon is for the ones that dont reach that gear curve yet.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

They have moon refuge for octagonal gems as a start,

405 bud for a octagonal rng chest that can give you the very same gem you got last time oh yeah and a gem that cannot be upgraded, do even know how manny hour take get 405 bud whiout being overgeared and deleting everything on map, the best place is spiders yet you need help since their hp is to high but can take you ages form a group and if  you do most of time they just do daily and quit.

i can get an octagonal whit 3 heptagonal tickets or craft it whit solar energy plus will be upgradeable , moon refuge is only for VT accs after that is a failure of zone if they really want to help low gear players they should cut their hp by 50% or at least make it more populated beacuse running mobs so far from each other became boring after a few mins specially wen you are asked kill 20 , moonlight chest should drop from mobs too instead of the lame peculiar trasure crap chest

They did this cleary to leave half of people outside the event so they can introduce their lame octagonal boundles or put lycan fire wings in next trove.

why wing arent for legendary orbs? do they break your so called game curve¿?

and like above game is bleeding people due ncsoft greed thats why we gonna have this merge  and im pretty sure next will be EU and NA merge

Edited by Arkdain

1 hour ago, Arkdain said:

405 bud for a octagonal rng chest that can give you the very same gem you got last time oh yeah and a gem that cannot be upgraded, do even know how manny hour take get 405 bud whiout being overgeared and deleting everything on map, the best place is spiders yet you need help since their hp is to high but can take you ages form a group and if  you do most of time they just do daily and quit.

i can get an octagonal whit 3 heptagonal tickets or craft it whit solar energy plus will be upgradeable , moon refuge is only for VT accs after that is a failure of zone if they really want to help low gear players they should cut their hp by 50% or at least make it more populated beacuse running mobs so far from each other became boring after a few mins specially wen you are asked kill 20 , moonlight chest should drop from mobs too instead of the lame peculiar trasure crap chest

They did this cleary to leave half of people outside the event so they can introduce their lame octagonal boundles or put lycan fire wings in next trove.

why wing arent for legendary orbs? do they break your so called game curve¿?

and like above game is bleeding people due ncsoft greed thats why we gonna have this merge  and im pretty sure next will be EU and NA merge

Nah, Spiders are super easy, just did the quest a few times with my 1.3k Ap warden, just pulled the entire nest together and killed everything, waiting for re-spawn is annoying though.