Ring of Reckoning Stage 4: What's the big idea?

Rysa

Stage 1-3 take 5 seconds each to clear.

Stage 4 is impossible unless you have 1.2+mil sustain DPS.

What the hell were you thinking? Making events that only cater to whales now? I'm appalled by whoever figured it would be a great event idea. We haven't had a decent, fun and rewarding event in years (if ever). Get rid of the enrage timer or lower Longgui's HP, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Rysa
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nyvva said:

I guess this is the real purpose of double-currency events.

For this event, I think they try to goad players into two groups:

-New/alt players who can get easy rewards.

-Geared players who can take on challenges.

The thing is that Group 2 barely wants any rewards from challenging contents, cuz they have geared past that. Meanwhile, Group 1 who would benefit more from Group 2's rewards are not geared enough to earn the right. That is why Group 1 feels left out and complain.

Anyway, just keep trying to leave new/alt players out of the loop and make them ragequit, since NCWest always have spare servers in case they need more merging :P

• Like 2

Anyone who can clear stage 4 would probably not be interested in any of the purchasable rewards anyways since they already would have better gems and full TT SS to be able to beat the turtle. Only thing of interest is wings and most whales already have blue version. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's not very challenging if all the difficulty relies on Boss' durability and timer alone. All this is a damage check;  Got enough dps to cheese him within timelimit? You get rewards. You don't? You get nothing.

It'd be different if he had some new mechanic that forces the player to actually strategies around his moves, but he is so simple that you can ignore it 99% of the time. All that HP does, is make it take longer time to kill him, while the timelimit simply makes it impossible to win unless you have a certain amount of dps. It's the cheapest type of difficulty, the type that doesn't take skill, but rather time or money, if not a bit of both. 

On 4/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, JTan said:

Anyone who can clear stage 4 would probably not be interested in any of the purchasable rewards anyways since they already would have better gems and full TT SS to be able to beat the turtle. Only thing of interest is wings and most whales already have blue version. 

Wings and for the select few, GC steels are the only ones that whales care for. The other items in there (gems, tt soulshields 1-3, onyx scales and challenger fragments) are pointless.

EvilDoUsHarm points out all the issues of this event in an organized and appropriate manner.

As for what's wrong with this event, the greatest issue is not only how it appeals to end-game players, but how restricted it is. About 85% - 90% of Blade & Soul's newcomer player base can't even participate in this "event" not only because of how much health this boss has on Stage 1, but the hurdles they need to go through to get to this boss in the first place.

Poorly-planned and poorly-designed event that was brought out from nowhere just to farm more cash from people who'll pay 60 USD for a voucher just to participate, which isn't every player, but some have done that, and it's a clear sign this event is by far the worst for this game. Slight hiccup and mistake on NCSOFT's part? Perhaps, but NCSOFT is greedy and corporate; this is to be expected.

Edited by Snowyamur

The real reason this event is terrible because it spits in the face of mid-high gear what are around 1m sustain, which is quite great for pretty much all of the content, except the turtle. You're almost there, near max? Nop! Not good enough! Better get that true tiger soul or f... off! That's the real issue, not ravens and riftwalks, but Aransu9 or fresh into GC6 people.

2 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

The real reason this event is terrible because it spits in the face of mid-high gear what are around 1m sustain, which is quite great for pretty much all of the content, except the turtle. You're almost there, near max? Nop! Not good enough! Better get that true tiger soul or f... off! That's the real issue, not ravens and riftwalks, but Aransu9 or fresh into GC6 people.

Seconding this.

While this event does give compensatory prizes like previous events for participating, at least any event that catered to whales was watered down to RNG luck, i.e. the more money you spend, the better your chances of getting something good.

This is literally a slap in the face for a lot of the players, with the event basically stating -
"Yeah, you could get this, but you're weak.
So instead, have this complimentary scratch and sniff sticker saying 'You tried'."

This event practically displays itself as a rigged carnival game. 

Edited by ctan5418

On 7-5-2019 at 2:18 PM, Rhiakath said:

fresh gc 3 ? u can do this wiouth jsut earing  and rignstage 3  i got a gc 3 myself nd i beat this turtle ? yeah i ma op warden but gc 6 isnt neccary persay gc 3 or 1  hour wep is good enough for it if you have the acces to back it up 

16 hours ago, Tetoraa said:

fresh gc 3 ? u can do this wiouth jsut earing  and rignstage 3  i got a gc 3 myself nd i beat this turtle ? yeah i ma op warden but gc 6 isnt neccary persay gc 3 or 1  hour wep is good enough for it if you have the acces to back it up 

Just another reason why this event sucks. Same geared, but classes with buffs like WL/WD/Sin/KFM can clear, cuz they have buff that boosts their DPS, while other non-buff classes may not so be lucky.

Anyway, this event is gonna end soon. Just hope they don't mess up something in next events.