Server Consolidation — May 1

Baskerville

Am 24.4.2019 um 20:16 schrieb pingal1ty:

[content moderated by Amraith] I will try to repeat it with more kindly words, basically, french / german players playing on they fr/de servers is because they can't speak english, merging them with us will only give the playerbase of Jinsoyun server a big amount of [content moderated by Amraith] people who can't communicate properly with us, making a horrible experience for both sides. I think they should leave those servers alone.

As a native german (or Nazi how most of you english guys call us in f-Chat [/zynism]) i find it a little bit offending to say we all cant speak english. In fact most of the german people can speak english. its also a fact, that lot of german players migrated to Jinsoyun when VT and TT was released due to better chances to find a proper raidgroup.

Also most germans do talk english in F-Chat when it is nessesary.

But give me just one good reason, why i should talk english with another german when it is mor simple to talk in your native language?
Give me another good reason why to offend germans as Nazi just because they talking in their native language with each other?
Just because the servers name is Jinsoyun doesnt mean german and frensh people joined your server and you are the leaders of the server and could enforce weveryone to talk in your language. Get over it, Jinsoyun is now an EU-Server and not english exclusive anymore. German and frensh people will always talk in their native language when talking with each other.

I dont call you colonialist, slaver or crucader  or even war criminal (and there are a lot of british warcrimes in history) for your history or even privacy invader (remeber british secret service hacked Belgacom to spy a few years ago?) Oh and by the way, Great Britan used concentration camps in the Buren-War 1899-1902 to arrest and kill women and children.

So befor you blame and offend others for their history, check your own first ;) 1945 my parents wasnt even born, so dont blame or offend me for my countries history...

Kind regards

a german "Nazi" who's best friend with a greek and turkish guy...

Edited by Merlin DE
  • Like 1

• NCSOFT

Greetings everybody,

We would like to take this opportunity to ensure everyone that we do not tolerate this kind of abuse and want to encourage you to send screenshots of any chat violations to our Support team.

Furthermore, repeating the chat content here for the sake of making your point is not okay and we ask you to refrain from doing so in future posts.

Be kind to one another!

• Cyan unpinned this topic
On 8/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

We would like to take this opportunity to ensure everyone that we do not tolerate this kind of abuse and want to encourage you to send screenshots of any chat violations to our Support team.

Furthermore, repeating the chat content here for the sake of making your point is not okay and we ask you to refrain from doing so in future posts.

Be kind to one another!

Very beautiful words, however you are assuming here stuff. I didn't call you Nazi. That's why the moderator should do his work of not censoring because I kinda said another thing that is not related with nazism, just with cultural level. Second point, I am spanish, not freaking brit and for respect to the rest of the playerbase I don't chat in faction or general chat in spanish language, because only me and my friend would understand it, that's the problem with people like you, and when I say "like you" I am not meaning every french or german, I mean the type/kind of person who think like you. Also get it over, English is the international language, therefore if you are in an International server, common sense says you speak what? Yes, you guessed it, English.

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Very beautiful words, however you are assuming here stuff. I didn't call you Nazi. That's why the moderator should do his work of not censoring because I kinda said another thing that is not related with nazism, just with cultural level. Second point, I am spanish, not freaking brit and for respect to the rest of the playerbase I don't chat in faction or general chat in spanish language, because only me and my friend would understand it, that's the problem with people like you, and when I say "like you" I am not meaning every french or german, I mean the type/kind of person who think like you. Also get it over, English is the international language, therefore if you are in an International server, common sense says you speak what? Yes, you guessed it, English.

Common sense says you must not demand this in a EU server. Jinsoyun never have DE/FR/ENG designation. This means that is for all EU countries/languages

Just because English is the most spoken language does not mean that who does not know English can not play. What type of person has this mentality?

I Play 3 years on Chinese and Russian server I never saw this mentality/hostility against who does not speak the same language.

EU/NA it's always the same thing. They think that only because they speak English they are superior to others. (I'm generalizing no offense to those who do not have this mentality. But many have)

On 5/8/2019 at 4:50 AM, Merlin DE said:

As a native german (or Nazi how most of you english guys call us in f-Chat [/zynism]) i find it a little bit offending to say we all cant speak english. In fact most of the german people can speak english. its also a fact, that lot of german players migrated to Jinsoyun when VT and TT was released due to better chances to find a proper raidgroup.

Also most germans do talk english in F-Chat when it is nessesary.

But give me just one good reason, why i should talk english with another german when it is mor simple to talk in your native language?
Give me another good reason why to offend germans as Nazi just because they talking in their native language with each other?
Just because the servers name is Jinsoyun doesnt mean german and frensh people joined your server and you are the leaders of the server and could enforce weveryone to talk in your language. Get over it, Jinsoyun is now an EU-Server and not english exclusive anymore. German and frensh people will always talk in their native language when talking with each other.

I dont call you colonialist, slaver or crucader  or even war criminal (and there are a lot of british warcrimes in history) for your history or even privacy invader (remeber british secret service hacked Belgacom to spy a few years ago?) Oh and by the way, Great Britan used concentration camps in the Buren-War 1899-1902 to arrest and kill women and children.

So befor you blame and offend others for their history, check your own first ;) 1945 my parents wasnt even born, so dont blame or offend me for my countries history...

Kind regards

a german "Nazi" who's best friend with a greek and turkish guy...

I quoted you yesterday however message didn't go through,

1st its a fact that if you stay in a german or french server when you have been given the option to choose an english server with higher population is because there is a barrier language or either you didn't know the fact that all servers are in the same physical space (meaning by this, DE server isn't necessarily in DE country and same for FR)

2nd you derailing this into british stuff and you are again making assumptions that I am british, I'm freaking Spanish I don't have anything against french or german people.

3rd I'll give you a good reason to talk with another german in english, its called education. If you are a in public chat on an international server, its not only common sense but also a matter of education to write / talk in a language that everybody understands. Its German or French the international language? As far as I know its English, there you got your reason.

And Specially refering to the part you say that we have to get over it because now its an EU-Server, it was already an EU-Server, and we already had some germans and frenchs, however their choice of server was the EU one because they can communicate in english and they do so, whenever they use another language they've been told by the community and we showed rejection to that, because its not educated as I just told you, the server is still what it was, it is you the one that has to adapt, not us. Its like if I travel into another country I pretend to impose my language, my culture and my manners, that's not how I would successfully integrate, and this is your issue and that's why some people we don't really like the idea of the merge, because of people with this mentality that think they can do w/e in the name of their freedom, but your freedom does end where mine starts, meaning if its an annoyance to the 90% of the server to read and NOT understand your german/french language, at least you could think about it and be more educated with the rest of users and make use of the international language, which in 2019 is not an excuse as you've been teached in school, other thing is that you were AFK during class, which is not my problem or the other 90%.

And yes, german and french will talk each other their language, understandable, for education do it via whispers (/w chat)

On 8/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

Be kind to one another!

Hello there, we understand the topic is getting bit hot, but its normal when people's opinion are strong and they do clash, I'll stay out of insults but I'd really like you guys understand why this is happening and work on a solution as you're getting best feedback ever by seeing everybody's point of view on the matter. Also I'd like to clarify those in chat insulting people because of their race, colour, sex or other kind of discrimination does not represent the majority of the playerbase who are taking part here in the forums or in-game.

Edited by pingal1ty

I never said you specificaly called german people nazi, but many english and frensh people do it in f-chat when they read germans. Sorry when you thought i assume you to do thisit was never intended this way.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:46 PM, pingal1ty said:

1st its a fact that if you stay in a german or french server when you have been given the option to choose an english server with higher population is because there is a barrier language or either you didn't know the fact that all servers are in the same physical space (meaning by this, DE server isn't necessarily in DE country and same for FR)

When i started playing there have been 4 german servers which where pretty high populated. So when many players left i had three choices.

1. i'll keep my char and all the hard work and stay on my server hoping the best to find some decent raids

2. i'll abandon my char and start over on the higher populated english server

3. i'll anicancel my creditcard throwing a lot of money into nc-softs throat th change the server with my char.

well i decided for option 1 cause i didnt accept the way to expensive option 3.

2nd you derailing this into british stuff and you are again making assumptions that I am british, I'm freaking Spanish I don't have anything against french or german people.

I didnt made any assumptions of your ancestry :)  You made the assumption

I will try to repeat it with more kindly words, basically, french / german players playing on they fr/de servers is because they can't speak english

While most german players can speak english. I cant speak for the frensh people, but when i was at a student exchange in france many many years ago, also most of the frensh people indeed could speak english.

I'll give you a good reason to talk with another german in english, its called education. If you are a in public chat on an international server, its not only common sense but also a matter of education to write / talk in a language that everybody understands. Its German or French the international language? As far as I know its English, there you got your reason.

Well i said most german people can speak english, i nerver said all.

And Specially refering to the part you say that we have to get over it because now its an EU-Server, it was already an EU-Server, and we already had some germans and frenchs, however their choice of server was the EU one because they can communicate in english and they do so, whenever they use another language they've been told by the community and we showed rejection to that, because its not educated as I just told you, the server is still what it was, it is you the one that has to adapt, not us.

Wrong, just because the name of the Server is Jinsoyun doesnt mean German and Frensh people joined the formely known Jinsoyun Server. This is a completly new server where all EU players have come together. Just because NC-Soft decided to name the new Server Jinsoyun doesnt mean anything, They could also named it Naksun or Eisenherz. In that case would you force people to adapt to speak frensh or german?

When someone ask a question in german he/she will get an answer in german, when he/she ask in english he/she will get an answer in english, when they ask in any other languane im out cause i only speak these 2 languanges.

because of people with this mentality that think they can do w/e in the name of their freedom, but your freedom does end where mine starts, meaning if its an annoyance to the 90% of the server to read and NOT understand your german/french language,

Oh here we go... Sorry mate, but if you feel annoyed by people who talk frensh, turkish, russian, german, [any other language], feel free to block them, so you dont have to read it.
Ever thought about that it might not be anything of your buissness, when people talk in their native language?

When i look for a german raidgroup why i should search in english for the raid? 

...which in 2019 is not an excuse as you've been teached in school, other thing is that you were AFK during class, which is not my problem or the other 90%.

realy it isnt? well im 47 and i was lucky to learn english in school, even it was only the basics everything else i  learned by selfeducation and in my job.

One of my clanmates is 67 and he never had any english lessons at all. All he knows are just some basics like "thank you" and "ty4p". Hes quite a good player so what should he do? Leaving the game just because some want us to force to just speak english? 

So dont insinuate people, who dont talk english, where to lazy to learn it.
Oh and did i mentioned that there are also players at my age who are from the formaly DDR. They never learned english, they  had to learn russian

As you see, there are quite some reasons why not everyone talks english.

because of people with this mentality that think they can do w/e in the name of their freedom, but your freedom does end where mine starts, meaning if its an annoyance to the 90% of the server to read and NOT understand your german/french language

Well sorry dude, when people who dont speak english are forced to leave the game or getting offended for not speaking another language, we reach a point, where your freedom to feel annoyed ends...

21 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

I never said you specificaly called german people nazi, but many english and frensh people do it in f-chat when they read germans. Sorry when you thought i assume you to do thisit was never intended this way.

When i started playing there have been 4 german servers which where pretty high populated. So when many players left i had three choices.

1. i'll keep my char and all the hard work and stay on my server hoping the best to find some decent raids

2. i'll abandon my char and start over on the higher populated english server

3. i'll anicancel my creditcard throwing a lot of money into nc-softs throat th change the server with my char.

well i decided for option 1 cause i didnt accept the way to expensive option 3.

I didnt made any assumptions of your ancestry :)  You made the assumption

While most german players can speak english. I cant speak for the frensh people, but when i was at a student exchange in france many many years ago, also most of the frensh people indeed could speak english.

Well i said most german people can speak english, i nerver said all.

Wrong, just because the name of the Server is Jinsoyun doesnt mean German and Frensh people joined the formely known Jinsoyun Server. This is a completly new server where all EU players have come together. Just because NC-Soft decided to name the new Server Jinsoyun doesnt mean anything, They could also named it Naksun or Eisenherz. In that case would you force people to adapt to speak frensh or german?

When someone ask a question in german he/she will get an answer in german, when he/she ask in english he/she will get an answer in english, when they ask in any other languane im out cause i only speak these 2 languanges.

Oh here we go... Sorry mate, but if you feel annoyed by people who talk frensh, turkish, russian, german, [any other language], feel free to block them, so you dont have to read it.
Ever thought about that it might not be anything of your buissness, when people talk in their native language?

When i look for a german raidgroup why i should search in english for the raid? 

realy it isnt? well im 47 and i was lucky to learn english in school, even it was only the basics everything else i  learned by selfeducation and in my job.

One of my clanmates is 67 and he never had any english lessons at all. All he knows are just some basics like "thank you" and "ty4p". Hes quite a good player so what should he do? Leaving the game just because some want us to force to just speak english? 

So dont insinuate people, who dont talk english, where to lazy to learn it.
Oh and did i mentioned that there are also players at my age who are from the formaly DDR. They never learned english, they  had to learn russian

As you see, there are quite some reasons why not everyone talks english.

Well sorry dude, when people who dont speak english are forced to leave the game or getting offended for not speaking another language, we reach a point, where your freedom to feel annoyed ends...

On 10/5/2019 at 1:47 AM, LilyFU said:

Common sense says you must not demand this in a EU server. Jinsoyun never have DE/FR/ENG designation. This means that is for all EU countries/languages

Just because English is the most spoken language does not mean that who does not know English can not play. What type of person has this mentality?

I Play 3 years on Chinese and Russian server I never saw this mentality/hostility against who does not speak the same language.

EU/NA it's always the same thing. They think that only because they speak English they are superior to others. (I'm generalizing no offense to those who do not have this mentality. But many have)

Perhaps I missunderstood 3 years ago when I bought my Master Pack there was 3-4 french server, 3-4 german server and the rest (my starting server was called Windrest) were EU servers. By your logic then, Eu server means people from portugal, spain, france, italy, poland, etc etc etc all together in a server and all speaking their national language and make the chat crazy. See my point? Why do you think you're different? I get your point, you're 47 and even put efford into learning, and your friend 67 year old he also got his rights to play in this and any other server, even if he can only say hello thank you tyfp, I completely understand, but you people also have to understand, how disrespectful is when someone in a foreign language starts to talk in a public chat. Is it that hard to understand English being the international language? Above said a lot of really stupid stuff, superior because I talk english? No, just educated, don't get it wrong. Common sense not demanding to have order? You played in ch/ru and had no issues, fantastic, bring hundreds of them to that server and tell them to start flooding their chats with something that looks like satanic language for the chinese people and then see what happens.

Back to Merlin, look, whenever I'm on the street and the moroccan guys start to speak arabic I find it 2000% disrespectful they do that in front of me, and they do this and the feeling is like being displaced or like they have not too many good intentions, why would they speak arabic when I am there and I can't understand it? nothing good they're talking is what I think. 

Looking for a german raid? Fantastic, no problem, I'm not saying you can't LFP. I am talking about faction/zone chat being flooded with many languages, this is the point I think you are missing here, we have people in this server from everywhere. I never saw Swedish or Finnish talking their language in faction chat, never ever. Only certain cultures do that and its all because of an education matter, chinese for example when we had them at level 45 (they were a plague in our server btw and played market the most) they flooded the /say chat using pin-pin language which is some kind of simplified chinese, at least they didn't flood the faction or general, then we have spanish people who also do flood chats and some polish,french and germans, however nordics rarely do this. Do you have an idea why this happens? I guess it has something to do with culture and education, if you are educated in a way where is clearly offensive for the others to talk foreign languages you avoid doing it, if you are educated in a way where your language is the only one and the others has to respect it, then you think you are right doing what you do. And sorry for repeating myself with the moroccans but it is very disrespectful, being with them talking and suddenly they start talking in a language you don't know, and make you feel like if you weren't there or having any rights to take part of the conversation, same would happen to you if you were raiding with your german friends and someone start talking in any other language, would be disrespectful, honestly.

Anyway starting on your point 1 and sorry for being like jumping without order, why in first place did you choose to play in german server? Why wouldn't you choose the EU one?

Also about the server, as I said there was a group of french servers, a group of german, and a group of EU, where it is supposed by most players language is going to be english, and that's how's been till today and still is being like this today, thankfully. Servers by time did merge, french with french till only Naksun was left (Naksun was originally one of the french servers) and same case with Eisenherz, Jinsoyun was born later if I recall correctly as the original server names for the EU servers were places, like mine Windrest and don't remember other names but thing is if there was like 10 servers it ended with 2 and finally merged into Jinsoyun, I wasn't there because I stopped the game for 2 years, but I know for sure how it started.

I could write 100 lines more but really I cba anymore, for me and as a matter of respect to the rest of the players I never wrote in faction chat Spanish, never and will never do and if I see a spanish guy asking help in faction chat I'm going to whisper him instead of annoying the rest of the server, that's my point and hope you understand.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 6:33 AM, pingal1ty said:

...if you are educated in a way where is clearly offensive for the others to talk foreign languages you avoid doing it, if you are educated in a way where your language is the only one and the others has to respect it, then you think you are right doing what you do.

... Jinsoyun was born later if I recall correctly as the original server names for the EU servers were places, like mine Windrest and don't remember other names but thing is if there was like 10 servers it ended with 2 and finally merged into Jinsoyun, I wasn't there because I stopped the game for 2 years, but I know for sure how it started.

1. I wouldn't call it offensive, just plain annoyance which we cannot fix yet. Speaking of which, @NCSOFT babes, I believe you said you're working on a solution. Are we seeing it anytime soon? The problem persists...

2. Twin wagons, Windrest, Highland Gates were part of the EN circle of servers;

Edited by MassiveEgo
typo

• Hime unpinned this topic