Server Consolidation — May 1

Baskerville

18 hours ago, Grimoir said:

You cans ee it this way: 100 paying customers aka "whales" or 2000 f2p players. What do you think keeps the game going? :)

Both.

Whales keep server running and do feat for bragging right.  F2P keeps server interesting for whales to play and are potential whales themselves.

I never understand people who try to classify whales and F2P and diss the latter, while they are equally important to both players' experience and company's profits.

• Like 1

Well all I have to say this is good and bad in some ways. I'm from Yura server and I cant wait to see more new people and this could be great for recruiting more people in clans. What worries me could be lag issues with the merge but also I've seen people hating zulia/yura people on this post asking for more block increase on the list. But I know there are some good people and not full of toxic people. So zulia members I  cant wait to see ya in the full merge! If you are in crimson faction my clan is seeking more new people ??

The thought of the lag is really getting spirits down, I can't even lie.

It'd be one thing if we were dead servers status, but Zulia is well populated and I thought Yura was even more populated than we are..the thought of everyone being smooshed together and lag getting even worse is like...I just really hope you guys know what you're doing here. I know KR is probably grabbing you by the neck but if it's about money surely there are easier ways to be less in the red? I don't know-I don't know what's going on. Please just don't do this for a stupid reason. If you do this and the lag is awful, you're going to seriously see a drop in players/customers that I'm not sure you afford. Make sure it's a good strong server please, you are frightening me. ty

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShaznarilaDera said:

Hey o/

Maybe it looks strange, but I'd be curious if the servers are united between NA and EU, what if there are characters on both servers?

actually, IF they were going to do that merge, that means that there are NOT  characters on both servers.    haha

3 hours ago, ShaznarilaDera said:

Hey o/

Well, I think I was wrong. I just want to know that they unite NA and the EU?
And how much does it affect the character number?

It is not funny:C

they are not merging NA with EU, and very likely never will. They are just merging servers within the region. So both NA servers together and EU servers together.

I can only see good things coming from this.
Servers: who said they kept all of them in different countries? The problem will be, from my perspective, downloading new content from now on.
Performance? Get some RAM and a SSD. I doubt UE4 will make this any(much) better, since text, UI elements and windows mini-freezing and sometimes lag.(Full-screen versus windowed)
EU and NA merging ... playing on 110 ping is something. No European would play on 250 ping.
Uniting players is a great thing. Finally, the maps won't just be full of nothing and one AFK rando. But, as a Jinsoyun players, I've yet to meet more than 1 angry Arena player(but we have lots of bots in exchange!). Time to see some players!

On 10/04/2019 at 12:15 PM, Grimoir said:

if the game was really dying everytime someone said its dying it would have died at least 100+ times....

Once again the cringeworthy white knight strikes with a hilarious comment.

What do you think a server merge means, population is increasing and game is doing great? Do you honestly think they'll keep a server up just for 100 whales when there are no f2p left? And do you honestly think whales will even stay when that happens? Oh yeah great game, a total of 100 players, will only take 2 hours to find a party, whales will totally dig that. Oh and did you forget 90% of the whale entertainment in this game is one-shotting casuals in 6v6?

Edited by PetPuggi

Le 12/04/2019 à 10:28, Grimoir a dit :

they are not merging NA with EU, and very likely never will. They are just merging servers within the region. So both NA servers together and EU servers together.

It will be done if the game ever descend further below in playerbase, like it happened with a certain game from Nexon.

1 hour ago, PetPuggi said:

What do you think a server merge means, population is increasing and game is doing great? Do you honestly think they'll keep a server up just for 100 whales when there are no f2p left? And do you honestly think whales will even stay when that happens? Oh yeah great game, a total of 100 players, will only take 2 hours to find a party, whales will totally dig that. Oh and did you forget 90% of the whale entertainment in this game is one-shotting casuals in 6v6?

The whole "GAME IS DED!!!" screaming thing confuses me though.

Like said, Zulia is very active. Everytime I log in there's so many people standing around Moon Refuge I have to go run off to escape the bit of lag. And if I go to mushins it's packed too. and Jadestone always has a group, and House of Pleasures, just outside of MSP, just outside of TT, Dasari Gardens, outside hong-so it's not that these servers are void of players. That's not the issue, you can't tell me it is. Because everywhere I go there's at least 20-30 others standing around or doing something. When I think of "dead server" I think of...you don't see anyone for a long time. Maybe one or two, but mainly abandoned towns as I've seen in past games that died.

Maybe what you really mean is lack of paying customers? Which that could completely be true!

Let's be real, they arent selling anything that anyone wants!! So that could be true, they're not good at making money. but "dead" ehhhhhhhhhhh...kind of implies there's no one around which is far from the case. idk that always just bugs me.

2 hours ago, Showta said:

The whole "GAME IS DED!!!" screaming thing confuses me though.

Like said, Zulia is very active. Everytime I log in there's so many people standing around Moon Refuge I have to go run off to escape the bit of lag. And if I go to mushins it's packed too. and Jadestone always has a group, and House of Pleasures, just outside of MSP, just outside of TT, Dasari Gardens, outside hong-so it's not that these servers are void of players. That's not the issue, you can't tell me it is. Because everywhere I go there's at least 20-30 others standing around or doing something. When I think of "dead server" I think of...you don't see anyone for a long time. Maybe one or two, but mainly abandoned towns as I've seen in past games that died.

Maybe what you really mean is lack of paying customers? Which that could completely be true!

Let's be real, they arent selling anything that anyone wants!! So that could be true, they're not good at making money. but "dead" ehhhhhhhhhhh...kind of implies there's no one around which is far from the case. idk that always just bugs me.

the problem is people keep shouting game is dying because its basically behaving like every other game out there....big "boom" of players at launch, then slow decrease, stabilizing, then decrease again. That doesn't mean its cause the game is bad, people can be bored, find other games to play, ….multiple other reasons. 

Granted bns is a nice game, it doesn't however offer much variety at end game aside dungeon grinding. That does not appeal to many people.

4 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

"white knight" doesn't really apply if someone is voicing an opinion different than yours. Ofc population is decreasing, its the same in other games aswel. People find other games to play, better things to do because bns doesn't offer much variety at end game. the reason people can be hundreds, it doesn't necessarily mean nc is doing something wrong.

A game like bns is not appealing to most players since its a grind focused game.

• Like 1