Forums

Server Consolidation — May 1

Baskerville

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MassiveEgo:

As long as you give us 1k spaces in the blocklist. I absolutely don't want to read french and deustch in the faction chat, period.

Wonderful statements that once again shows how limited the view of some players is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfengel said:

Wonderful statements that once again shows how limited the view of some players is.

Is it though?

I expect a lot of Germans to adapt and speak English in public chat, but almost none of the French will, like in pretty much every single other game I've ever played with one EU server.

And it's not like the rest of Europe speaks English at home, yet we all do online.

Edited by oblo

Well, i just hope this serves as a wakeup call for the dev team and producers.
As a player for South America that has been playing this game for almos 3 years this kind of merge tells me that this game is dying, the player base keep lowering and the dev team is too far away in Korea to even notice what the NA and EU players really want.

The producers either don't know what is going on or don't care at all, and the communication issue between al the parts involved, Players, NCWest and NCsoft is, in my opinion, the biggest cause for the player evasion.
Since me and many of my friends strugle with lag and prefomance issues aswell, i can say that, if at least the perfomance issues were resolved many form SA would still be playing it.
BnS is not a bad game, is fun and challenging but after dedicating 3 year playing a BM i feel really frustated that my DPS diference from a NA players is getting bigger every day, and the main reason ppl are leaving, are the arrival of better optimised and less ping dependent games.

I would switch to a SA server immediatelly if i knew that any that would be release, i know for a fact that many SA players would do the same, and many are already planning on switching to other games when they release.

This game was not desingned to be a continental game, much less at the level of ping diferences that we see in america. it was desingned to work on a small country with high internet connections and better average computer builds than we see in most places, that was too big of an oversight from the developer team that they never care to fix, and that many other games don't suffer or have been working to resolve in one way or another.
The way i see it, since the last server merge was in 2017, this game has at most 1 or 2 more years of life before they either they merge EU and NA servers or shut the game down completely.

Edited by 00zigor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 00zigor said:

Well, i just hope this serves as a wakeup call for the dev team and producers.
As a player for South America that has been playing this game for almos 3 years this kind of merge tells me that this game is dieing, the player base keep lowering and the dev team is too far away in korea to even notice what the NA and EU players really want.

The producers either don't know what is going on or don't care at all, and the communication issue between al the parts involved, Players, NCWest and NCsoft is, in my opinion, the biggest cause for the player evasion.
Since me and many of my friends strugle with lag and prefomance issues aswell, i can say that, if at least the perfomance issues were resolved many form SA would still be playing it.
BnS is not a bad game, is fun and challenging but after dedicating 3 year playing a BM i feel really frustated that my DPS diference from a NA players is getting bigger every day, and the main reason ppl are leaving, are the arrival of better optimised and less ping dependent games.

I would switch to a SA server immediatelly if i knew that any that would be release, i know for a fact that many SA players would do the same, and many are already planning on switching to other games when they release.

This game was not desingned to be a continental game, much less at the level of ping diferences that we see in america. it was desingned to work on a small country with high internet connections and better average computer builds than we see in most places, that was too big of an oversight from the developer team that they never care to fix, and that many other games don't suffer or have been working to resolve in one way or another.
The way i see it, since the last server merge was in 2017, this game has at most 1 or 2 more years of life before they either they merge EU and NA servers or shut the game down completely.

if the game was really dying everytime someone said its dying it would have died at least 100+ times....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

if the game was really dying everytime someone said its dying it would have died at least 100+ times....

the way I see it, a game dies when there is not enough players to keep the servers running, we went form almost a dozen servers to only 2 in the last 2 years, the game is dying, that is a fact, the shirinking player base proves that. But its not dead yet, that will happen soon if the players themselves and NCSoft/Wests refuse to acknolege it and starts to do something aboout it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 00zigor said:

the way I see it, a game dies when there is not enough players to keep the servers running, we went form almost a dozen servers to only 2 in the last 2 years, the game is dying, that is a fact, the shirinking player base proves that. But its not dead yet, that will happen soon if the players themselves and NCSoft/Wests refuse to acknolege it and starts to do something aboout it.

You cans ee it this way: 100 paying customers aka "whales" or 2000 f2p players. What do you think keeps the game going? :)

Although the request for a larger blocklist above was rudely phrased, the suggestion itself has merit.

I joined an English server with the expectation that I could communicate with people using English. I'm sure it's the same for German people who joined Eisenherz and French who joined Naksun. This isn't going to be good for anyone.

Actually, nevermind. They'll all go Crimson anyway and Ceru chat will remain its weird self.

22 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You cans ee it this way: 100 paying customers aka "whales" or 2000 f2p players. What do you think keeps the game going? :)

You say that like it's a good thing.

Just now, Kitsune Takahashi said:

I'm just wondering if they will be issuing free renames for clans and characters that might have the same name on servers when the merge happens.

they dont have to because names are region wide. So you cant have the same name on Zulia and Yura for example. same on EU.

Maybe remove cross-server for dungeons? Would be nice if people ran them on the actual map. Would feel like a real MMO instead of sitting in a lobby.  The party finder in the world would actually be used for the second time since lv45. Also, f8 would still include Arena, Battleground and challenge mode though.

• Like 3

and here we are.

I'm already foreseen this since BT and VT era. 

Brothers and sisters of Yura and Zulia.. REJOICE as now we shall be united in one great Jiangshu.  I see great opportunity lies ahead of us. Dawn of a new era, the era where we should step aside our differences and unite to form a strong bond.  I shall embrace you all with open hand. 

• Like 1

The true prob that every1 seem to forget is not rly about the spam fiesta from frenchies/german (some not all of them) in faction chat but the FACT that we all know well happens in every server merge. Its called super mega lagg fest,soo brace for it imo   lol.