Thanks

Puril

Oh, I just checked the solo thing. A very casual player like me with story gear and no rotations can only do stage 1. Maybe Stage 2 if putting a good deal of effort and is using an easier class like gunner or warden. Also, since this is in the training place, simple mode is disabled. So yeah, even the lowest part of this event needs some experience in this game and is definitely not for total newbies. So I'm sure that as an event, it's definitely not inclusive to everyone.

A tip to the devs and publishers. Everyone wants to participate in events. From very casuals to the best players. So when making such events, make sure there's something on the plate for everyone. for people who cannot or don't want to do the hard content, set something easier, like an instance with easy enemies or things to collect or whatever. The prizes at the end, of course, shouldn't be as shiny as those earned by skilled players. But at the end of the day, everyone would come out with something on their hands that proves they were there, AND they may have had fun doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

Oh, I just checked the solo thing. A very casual player like me with story gear and no rotations can only do stage 1. Maybe Stage 2 if putting a good deal of effort and is using an easier class like gunner or warden. Also, since this is in the training place, simple mode is disabled. So yeah, even the lowest part of this event needs some experience in this game and is definitely not for total newbies. So I'm sure that as an event, it's definitely not inclusive to everyone.

A tip to the devs and publishers. Everyone wants to participate in events. From very casuals to the best players. So when making such events, make sure there's something on the plate for everyone. for people who cannot or don't want to do the hard content, set something easier, like an instance with easy enemies or things to collect or whatever. The prizes at the end, of course, shouldn't be as shiny as those earned by skilled players. But at the end of the day, everyone would come out with something on their hands that proves they were there, AND they may have had fun doing so.

You should stop using the term "very casual" like you do and called it like it is, a very bad and lazy player who doesn't care enough to put any effort into the game, but still wants something in return for the nothing they contribute. No one in their right mind would cater an event to someone who performs that poorly. Casual just means you don't invest too much time or take the game seriously. If you can't take the time to learn your rotation and at least get a Raven 3 weapon then this game probably isn't for you. It literally takes no more than a week for a "very casual" player playing an hour or two some days to farm some tablets, do a couple dailies to get gold and buy the Raven material they need. Then it's a matter of taking a little time to look up info on your class or trying out simple mode and/or just practicing a bit. Something's wrong if you expect something in return and can't invest even that much into a game you're supposed to be playing to enjoy. If you invest less than that, then honestly, your opinion doesn't matter for the game, and more importantly, neither does your wallet. And what newbie comes into a game expecting to have access to all event prizes with no gear and the skill level of a 4 year old pressing random buttons?

Edited by wefhqweig

I don't believe in trivializing game content and events for  'casual players' , it should be somewhat challenging for everyone. If someone doesn't put any effort its normal if he won't achieve anything... but this is beyond stupid...this event is just a gear check, it doesn't matter if we want to put effort in it. Whales get the wings and other stuff they probably don't need and others get nothing. This looks like a poorly made event for a cash grabbing mobile game

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

You should stop using the term "very casual" like you do and called it like it is, a very bad and lazy player who doesn't care enough to put any effort into the game, but still wants something in return for the nothing they contribute. No one in their right mind would cater an event to someone who performs that poorly. Casual just means you don't invest too much time or take the game seriously.

I play 3-5 hours every day, run most of the dungeons avery day for months and my gear is still not good enough to beat longui 4 without buffs and event weapon, barely made it.

Am i still casual?

I weren't able to find a clan for TT for a long time and now we are still at the beginning  (second boss down so far)

This is my character:

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/Ellion

~900k dps on longui 4, could beat it only with Event weapon and Boss AP Buff.food, 2x Emperor Soju, Friendship talisman, see screenshot on first page.

Edited by Arohk

9 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

You should stop using the term "very casual" like you do and called it like it is, a very bad and lazy player who doesn't care enough to put any effort into the game, but still wants something in return for the nothing they contribute. No one in their right mind would cater an event to someone who performs that poorly. Casual just means you don't invest too much time or take the game seriously. If you can't take the time to learn your rotation and at least get a Raven 3 weapon then this game probably isn't for you. It literally takes no more than a week for a "very casual" player playing an hour or two some days to farm some tablets, do a couple dailies to get gold and buy the Raven material they need. Then it's a matter of taking a little time to look up info on your class or trying out simple mode and/or just practicing a bit. Something's wrong if you expect something in return and can't invest even that much into a game you're supposed to be playing to enjoy. If you invest less than that, then honestly, your opinion doesn't matter for the game, and more importantly, neither does your wallet. And what newbie comes into a game expecting to have access to all event prizes with no gear and the skill level of a 4 year old pressing random buttons?

Well said. I might stop using the term "casual" on myself and instead use the term you just gave me, "very bad and lazy player". Or maybe even not call myself a player at all. Just some loser who happened to download a game and pretended to be a player. Do you like that one more? Maybe (well, I'm sure of it but force myself not to believe it) I shouldn't even play games at all, nor post on this forum as "my opinion does not matter for the game". But, On the other side, I am not really expecting to be handed anything for no effort. I know I have a serious "Me" problem. I have tried some harder content. Been here for a few years but I simply couldn't tackle it down. I get a headache (for reals, no joke here) when I try something that starts pushing my limits, and my performance drops by half when I'm trying to play with others. It's why I have zero friends in any games. I simply know I'm more worthless as a player than a toddler just out of their diapers.

But I thought I could at least post my two cents. Why? because I have played other games and my "none effort" still earned me something. My "none effort" didn't mean I couldn't go grind for something easy and mindless for hours. Effort shouldn't always require simply skill. Time and dedication should give something as well, regardless. It's how blue collar workers earn their keep in real life. It just means that what I can actually grind cannot involve anything too hard, and as I will keep saying everywhere, what one person puts in is what they should be receiving. So again, I never said I expected the same prizes a skilled player can get. Just some token that proves I was there and that I put some kind of effort, even if it's not from player skill (which I don't have), but through other means, like mindless grinding.

In the end, your ego made me worth your time, though.

• Like 2

Now a whale event Clap Clap!

More money yee more money!

Now serious i heared the servers are merging "again".
Guess why.

1: They never fix the balance in Battleground. (If the game had win percent ratio my win rate would be at 13%. But it is not possible for them to fix it because nobody plays PvP)
2: Some classes are overpowered. (They do nothing about it)
3: You need outrageous amount of materials to upgrade your gear.
4: They keep nerfing Gold income. (Only way to get money right now is nonstop farming Battleground/Arena but guess what nobody plays it because some classes are too broken)

Sad to say this but the game will die sooner than we all thought :(

The current event is different from what we are used to as B&S players, as most of them are usually accessible and do-able by all players, new comers and veterans, alts & mains, no matter our gear level and experience of the game. It gave no privilege / advantage to geared players over ungeared or unskilled ones, and, in my opinion, it's part of the charms and appeals of most B&S events in general. 

Now we don't really know or agree on what should be the purpose of our in-game events: it could be just having fun, or making it easier for players who are behind to catch up with older players so all can enjoy the new content, or other various purposes. It can happen that our purposes don't match with the company's or diverge among players: in that case, i guess we should discuss it and communicate about it in a mature / adult way with honesty and regard towards each other's perspective / point of view, we can express our preferences or why we don't enjoy an event in particular without discrediting or belittling the opinion or way of playing / enjoying the game of other players. And to those who seem to enjoy feeling superior to other players or privileged / part of the elite of the game, just cause they're more skilled or geared or supposedly "smarter" than the average, consider this observation "you never look good trying to make someone else look bad" and the universal rule "we rise by lifting others". You can be competitive without being toxic. 

Edited by Pimboli
  • Like 1

Eh... Multi quote don't work properly so I lost all quotes that I reply. >_>

Anyway... Idk how you lose dps with event weapon when you compare it to aransu 3 - I have GC7 on main and it increased my dps by around 100~200k. Burning Mausoleum is just fine if you go with someone who can tank - you need around 1.1m dps per player but it can be balanced out by few "higher gear" players. You just need VT gear, event weapon and 1-2 tt gear players to clear it. It's impossible for turtle stage 4 or achievements tho.

True problem is that achievement are class exclusive. Some classes, like wind kfm, can do them with simple mode and some classes like summoner can't do them with almost full gear and event weapon (1 day). I'm missing 1 stage of soul, I have gc7 and nothing else to "max gear" and I can't clear turle stage 4 to get achievement. I'm not going to mention f8 dungeon where you need 2.1m stable dps to do achievement (well... it's pretty much same for turtle).

Other thing is that people keep saying "another event for whales" and so on. When was last "event for whales"? I believe that it was Zaiwei Ruins at october. Yet you say "another".

And last but most importantly... There are 2 parts of event and most profitable part of event is for everyone - you don't rly need anything to do stages 1-3 and easy mode dungeon (idk why 2nd is in "normal mode" tab while it's clearly "hard mode" of 1st one). You can get 4 oils per character with that thing (or over 100 pet packs) during event. I'm not going to do matchs for gems but you can also get gems from there.

Yeah... I don't care about any reward from "whales event" since I don't rly need anything from there. I would like it if they did drop Hongmoon Gem Powders or anything else. I got enough gems to do 2 gilded ones but can't fuse them since I'm not p2w to buy gold to buy powders...

ps.

You complain a lot about "less gold income" but look at it overall. It's cheaper to do aransu 3 now than it was do go from baleful 12 to raven 3 about year ago. You need around 1/5 of gold that you needed to get to aransu 9 stage a year ago. Surely... What a huge pain in the ass to get outdated gear.

pps.

My newest alt - soul fighter - is pretty much what you get past-story (soul from last event, raven 3 is "30g" now) and it can clear stage 3 with 50s remaining until enrage. Skyrift Mystic Badge - from quest. :)

x69lc.png

Edited by Hipek

The problem is the balance of rewards...

Honestly it is really good to have options for gear-check and look for progression, even to check balance between classes, but the problem is the "event" itself and how rewarding it is and feels, for example, on the solo dungeon event, the first two rewards are worthless, and then on 3rd stage you get one legendary orb and you can get some goodies and materials, only if you clear stage 4 you get the emblem which is the most rewarding piece of the events.

Solo Dungeon Event:

Case 1 - TT gear with full upgrades (1.3m+ dps)

- Stage 1 - 3, for a TT geared character are a joke, and then stage 4 a little bit more of challenge, but not really that much if you pass the 1.3m dps.

Case 2 - TT/VT gear with upgrades (1.1m+ dps)

- Stage 1 - 3, also a joke and not really rewarding, stage 4 is more of a challenge, need buffs, food, etc to clear and the weapon might help if doesn't have GC3+ already

Case 3 - 400-600k dps

- Stage 1 -3, still a joke, not rewarding, stage 4 is not possible, the only rewarding stage won't be achieved even with buffs.

Case 4 - Less than 400k dps

- Stage 1-3 are challenging (mostly 3), stage 4 not possible.

Here is the problem, events should be rewarding at all levels, maybe stage 1 gives orb, stage 2-3 has the chance of 1-2 emblems, and stage 4 gives 4-6 emblems, this way everyone will be able to get something, some will prefer the wings others the materials, mid-level geared players will have an option, while high-geared players will have more options as they will have more currency to spend on cosmetics or expensive material. Low level geared characters still will receive something to help in progression.

At this moment there is nothing in the middle... and that is the frustration of events that have no balance, nothing new to be honest, but still could be a disappointment on how the "rewarding" portion only gravitates towards high-level geared characters/players

Just my two cents.

PS: someone mentioned that the problem "another whale event" when the last one was back last year, well there is a problem, there shouldn't be unblanced/whale-only events at all :)

30 minutes ago, asolram said:

Case 4 - Less than 400k dps

- Stage 1-3 are challenging (mostly 3), stage 4 not possible.

You need 130k stable dps to do stage 3. How is it challenging at all? -.^

2 hours ago, Hipek said:

pps.

My newest alt - soul fighter - is pretty much what you get past-story (soul from last event, raven 3 is "30g" now) and it can clear stage 3 with 50s remaining until enrage. Skyrift Mystic Badge - from quest. :)

x69lc.png

Mate, your Whale 'tail' is showing...

New out-of-story alt having gilded squares and triangles...yeah...most players have that too to clear longgui stage 3....  <.<

14 minutes ago, Hipek said:

You need 130k stable dps to do stage 3. How is it challenging at all? -.^

For a NEW player could be :) but yes, if a NEW player already did story, it is already well geared for stage 1-2 and probably 3. 

The point is, not good balance in the event.

8 minutes ago, PewPewPew said:

Mate, your Whale 'tail' is showing...

New out-of-story alt having gilded squares and triangles...yeah...most players have that too to clear longgui stage 3....  <.<

Previous event would give you 21 heptagonal gems on each character that you picked gems instead of vials - why do you still consider triangular gems something inaccessible? You just picked something else while it was easy to get them. They are cheap now... You could get more than 2 triangular gems on each character that you have on account.

That being said, I'm not trying to defend them - achievement cap is shitty. >_>

6 hours ago, Arohk said:

I play 3-5 hours every day, run most of the dungeons avery day for months and my gear is still not good enough to beat longui 4 without buffs and event weapon, barely made it.

Am i still casual?

I weren't able to find a clan for TT for a long time and now we are still at the beginning  (second boss down so far)

This is my character:

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/Ellion

~900k dps on longui 4, could beat it only with Event weapon and Boss AP Buff.food, 2x Emperor Soju, Friendship talisman, see screenshot on first page.

Does it make you casual? No, it makes you look like someone who likes to make themselves a target or someone with poor reading comprehension if you think what I've said is about you though. My message wasn't directed at all against people like you. It's at the few who say "I don't know how to play my class, and have a Baleful or Riftwalk 3 weapon, so Stage 3 is too hard, make it easier for *casuals* like me to get rewards." Then majority / your average player with decent gear on their mains who actually play and try to progress are unable to do stage 4 because it requires end-game gear that most who actually give a good effort, haven't or can't earn yet. I am against catering to the former, but leaving out all the people who aren't TT ready is just as bad to me.

6 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Well said. I might stop using the term "casual" on myself and instead use the term you just gave me, "very bad and lazy player". Or maybe even not call myself a player at all. Just some loser who happened to download a game and pretended to be a player. Do you like that one more? Maybe (well, I'm sure of it but force myself not to believe it) I shouldn't even play games at all, nor post on this forum as "my opinion does not matter for the game". But, On the other side, I am not really expecting to be handed anything for no effort. I know I have a serious "Me" problem. I have tried some harder content. Been here for a few years but I simply couldn't tackle it down. I get a headache (for reals, no joke here) when I try something that starts pushing my limits, and my performance drops by half when I'm trying to play with others. It's why I have zero friends in any games. I simply know I'm more worthless as a player than a toddler just out of their diapers.

But I thought I could at least post my two cents. Why? because I have played other games and my "none effort" still earned me something. My "none effort" didn't mean I couldn't go grind for something easy and mindless for hours. Effort shouldn't always require simply skill. Time and dedication should give something as well, regardless. It's how blue collar workers earn their keep in real life. It just means that what I can actually grind cannot involve anything too hard, and as I will keep saying everywhere, what one person puts in is what they should be receiving. So again, I never said I expected the same prizes a skilled player can get. Just some token that proves I was there and that I put some kind of effort, even if it's not from player skill (which I don't have), but through other means, like mindless grinding.

In the end, your ego made me worth your time, though.

I'm sorry for your condition, but at least you admit there's a "me problem" and your performance falls greatly. So, try to understand that for the vast majority, including a friend I made who was entirely new to the game, stage 1-2 is no challenge, and stage 3, depending on your class may require what most would say is the bare minimum performance capability to complete. Not enough people would want an event, or even half of an event tailored for people who have only been playing a few days to a week and haven't taken the time to finish a few starter quests. I understand you've been playing for years, but the average new player should be able to clear Stage 3 relatively easily.

Also, it's not ego, I just wouldn't want game changes made based off the skill level of someone who just finished story, because a week later, they should have progressed greatly. It's more than just time spent, there has to be improvement as well, if something stops your ability to improve/progress, then I'm sorry, but don't ask for the game to be slowed down for that, it's not fair to the 99% who enjoy the game that can. And there are tokens from Stage 1/2.

Edited by wefhqweig

Look at things in terms of Challenge to Reward ratio.
and you can see CLEARLY there is no excuse to make the event this "hard".
The ONLY diffiuclty level is whether or not you can pull 1.3million DPS for 3mins or not. (AND NO. THE EVENT WEAPON DOES NOT GRANT ANY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER THE ABILITY TO DO SO EITHER. YOU NEED TO BE A  *W*H*A*L*E*, to the point you wouldnt even need the Event 1hour weapon let alone anything the Dragon express is gonna give you by the end of the event).
Even the highest geared players are complaining
Because by the time they have spent the time, (and maybe money) to clear these events, theyve gotten a taste for the payout, checked the Dragon Express and most likely realized they wont need anything from the rewards list anyways.

If you're defending the difficulty level of this as "this part of the event wasnt meant for u"
that might've made sense if the rewards warranted the challenge.
This is absurd tho.

On an even simpler note-
IF SUCH A LARGE AMOUNT OF YOUR POPULATION HAS IDENTICAL COMPLAINTS
MAYBE THERE IS AN ISSUE WORTH ADRESSING AFTER ALL. . .

If the Event 1hr weapon granted enough power (EVEN JUST ENOUGH) for six VT/Hellion Geared Players to handle Burning Maus and 1 of those guys to take St4 turtle this event would've been really really good, boosting the overall average playerbase once again, as many events before a new raid come out have.
This is just sad tho.

Like it was said above-
I can handle a break of this game as much as I love it for all these years.
But can they really afford to lose so many customers/daily players right before an expansion?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hipek said:

Previous event would give you 21 heptagonal gems on each character that you picked gems instead of vials - why do you still consider triangular gems something inaccessible? You just picked something else while it was easy to get them. They are cheap now... You could get more than 2 triangular gems on each character that you have on account.

That being said, I'm not trying to defend them - achievement cap is shitty. >_>

most player didnt easilly sneak into CS/HM or weeklys during the event period you only talk by yourslef

also having 46 hongmoon gem power peer triangular hard to belive because  you only get them by salvaging octagonals but what do you need to reach octagonals guess what..............hongmoon gem powder  only whales and hard trove player have 1.000 of that item f2p have it rough there 46 powder on market x 16 gold = 736 gold peer triagular ufff full triangular gem f2p in 2040 lets not talk about glided squares or dyad glided squares...............................................maybe ill die before ever get one

no one will belive you are not a whale having 3 glided square and 5 triangular(one of the old dual) even if an event gave me 99 heptagonals the only way i have to get hongmoon gem powder is market that everyday is going higher in price because whales know there is no way f2p can farm them.

f2p max they can fast achieve is octagonals after that you gonna need a loot of time,patience and inflation will make your triangular goal harder and harder

Edited by Arkdain

Tried stage 4 yesterday for myself with and without the event weapon, I tried 3 times without weapon and max dps I was able to achieve was 1.11m dps. With weapon it was 1.09m dps and i tried twice. No I could not clear it, my gear is in my sig in case you're wondering. This even is a joke. Those who are able to clear this have no need for the GC soul shields 1-3 or the basic Octa gems you can buy this this currency, it's retarded.

Edited by Dexyn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arkdain said:

most player didnt easilly sneak into CS/HM or weeklys during the event period you only talk by yourslef

also having 46 hongmoon gem power peer triangular hard to belive because  you only get them by salvaging octagonals but what do you need to reach octagonals guess what..............hongmoon gem powder  only whales and hard trove player have 1.000 of that item f2p have it rough there 46 powder on market x 16 gold = 736 gold peer triagular ufff full triangular gem f2p in 2040 lets not talk about glided squares or dyad glided squares...............................................maybe ill die before ever get one

no one will belive you are not a whale having 3 glided square and 5 triangular(one of the old dual) even if an event gave me 99 heptagonals the only way i have to get hongmoon gem powder is market that everyday is going higher in price because whales know there is no way f2p can farm them.

f2p max they can fast achieve is octagonals after that you gonna need a loot of time,patience and inflation will make your triangular goal harder and harder

Can you repeat? You are saying that vast mojority of players can't do weeklies? What are you talking about? And well... They were 5g each at market at start of event. You could get them for 250g per triangular. Cheap, right? Compared to gold that "whales" paid in past. You get around 200g per day doing dailies... That is if you do them. Let's not call someone who have 200g (or even 750g) a whale. Pretty please.

Getting into CS/HM was a bit hard at start but it was pretty easy afterwards when they released 1 free orb per day. Most people want feathers and want to improve even if they can't solo cold storage, I guess.

3 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

'm sorry for your condition, but at least you admit there's a "me problem" and your performance falls greatly. So, try to understand that for the vast majority, including a friend I made who was entirely new to the game, stage 1-2 is no challenge, and stage 3, depending on your class may require what most would say is the bare minimum performance capability to complete. Not enough people would want an event, or even half of an event tailored for people who have only been playing a few days to a week and haven't taken the time to finish a few starter quests. I understand you've been playing for years, but the average new player should be able to clear Stage 3 relatively easily.

Also, it's not ego, I just wouldn't want game changes made based off the skill level of someone who just finished story, because a week later, they should have progressed greatly. It's more than just time spent, there has to be improvement as well, if something stops your ability to improve/progress, then I'm sorry, but don't ask for the game to be slowed down for that, it's not fair to the 99% who enjoy the game that can. And there are tokens from Stage 1/2.

Glad we are reaching an understanding. I'm not looking for enmity with anyone here, and I really don't mind accepting I can't play to save my life. Some people have it. Some don't. So my apologies if anything said before felt rude. Happens that I strangely feel better and more confident posting stuff in the forums than speaking in game. Now, I do want to make something clear. I don't want an event that stops doing something for skilled players only to cater to low skilled people. That's not what I'd want and it would go against how I envision how games should work. All I want is an event that can cover people of ALL skill levels. From people who can do perfect everything in the game, to button mashers who can barely do simple mode. I want it made so everyone can have FUN and maybe a "you were here" token for their participation, while giving more skilled players the better rewards for reaching higher tiers of the event. And I'd say, this game could use more inclusive stuff like that, since, even as bad a player as I might be, we all know story is dead easy, and that's where all new players come from.

Though maybe I'm overthinking things and I also apologize for that.

As for raven 3 for my BD, I suppose I can swap to that. it's easy to do so now that you can buy the raven animus needed with flower buds from the new area. For now though, I'm trying to get me at least a starter bracelet and glove (anything better than Hollow would work for now). Plus farming peaches (slowly because basin bores me easily for some reason) for the basic badges. I also have a bunch of characters and I like them all. One day I play one, fall in love with it again, and want to main it, only for coming in next day and falling in love with yet another character.... See, part of the "Me" problem as well.

Edited by Hanuku

On 2019/4/10 at 8:16 PM, wefhqweig said:

You can at least take the time to read the original post, unless your reading comprehension isn't sufficient enough to understand a simple message. The stream showcases what we can get, but did not indicate that there would be such high gear/dps requirements to clear the dungeons to get everything. The free 1 hour weapon, for one is not enough time to get anything done, and two, the weapon alone does not give you 1.3m dps. The damage requirement for the event should not be so high, instead the mechanics should just be fun and challenging, punishing you for mistakes, but doable. Aside from Alpha Agent, the items you can get from doing stage 1-3 and the easier dungeon can hardly be called event rewards, those are the standard, typical currency exchanges we always have access to.  The better rewards exclusively for Resurgence Emblems, and gated behind a dps requirement that majority of the playerbase, no matter how skilled, cannot meet. The ones who can clear this definitely don't need the rewards as much as those who can't.

That's exactly what it makes it. It's exclusive to those with TT gear and an expensive soul, since that is pretty much the requirement to deal enough damage. Anyone who hasn't been playing long or paid enough to have progressed enough to do 1.3m sustained dps is excluded from the event unless they have geared friends/clannies or can find a group nice enough to carry them through the 2nd dungeon.

So all those without the high end-game raid gear... their gear is now considered trash level? Just looking at the rewards, I'd assume this event is to help players get the 3 piece TT set and give easier access to scales and steel to help upgrade, but instead, it requires that you already have access to those things. 

Arguing with the famous defender of all decisions and changes in this game? Don't you know that great white knight has been defending NCW and NCS for over 2 years? He's probably paid well to do so, and I guess we shall pay some respect to him.

[Press F to pay respect.]