Maintenance Compensation & A little rant ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FinalLight

I've been playing NCSoft games since Aion first got released and they barely do these things, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Most of us now barely or don't have time to do our dailies anymore.

90% of pretty much all MMO's compensate their players for extended maintenance times.
I don't want to be negative but we allready lost a huge playerbase in BnS EU, keep your players satisfied @ NCSoft.

Also a little off-topic rant : (sorry haha)
We've been eagerly waiting for a new engine update for I don't know how many years now.
UE4 is in the works as many of us allready know, and it might still take several months if not a year for us to get it.

But why hasn't NCSoft provided any micro patch in all these years to make our game run smoother?
You have developers working on the team for a reason.
If small companies can do this with other MMO's before their "Remaster",  NCSoft definitely can also since this company is massive & has the necessary resources to do so.

I'm definitely not waiting on a sudden "shutdown notice" cuz you allready lost all your entire playerbase before we even get to the UE4 update.
I enjoy this game alot & only want the best for it.

• Like 2

THIS UE4 talk need to stop am all for it and all but the guy answered yall question in the preview stream ....... the new producer guy ...he said he went korea and he gave all the updates  he can....talking about a micro update is easy said than done ....we get everything from korea anything out the ordinary is risky and whent that comes im sure most of us will have problems then so lets not rush this ok yall seen what happne with launcher right ...let them do what they doing and make all the neccessary arrangement to get it done.we looking at another year or so before that even get here .who knows the game might thrive if they make changes and they have started to with the laucnher to get people more interactive with social media etc .

@qqqq1

The reason everyone is talking about UE4 update is cuz we are pretty much fed up with 20fps gameplay in raids, makes it so unenjoyable.
I can understand it if the game was running fine, then give the devs some time to work on this.
But I'm not asking them to rush UE4, on the contrary.
We definitely need some minor optimization pre-UE4 tho.
Even a 9700K @ 5ghz with a 2080ti  gets ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ performance, says enough I believe.
Again, not rushing them... but they need to listen to their player base for once.
They could've done this years ago, it's been the same stutter fest & fps drop fest since OB/CB.

10 minutes ago, FinalLight said:

@qqqq1

The reason everyone is talking about UE4 update is cuz we are pretty much fed up with 20fps gameplay in raids, makes it so unenjoyable.
I can understand it if the game was running fine, then give the devs some time to work on this.
But I'm not asking them to rush UE4, on the contrary.
We definitely need some minor optimization pre-UE4 tho.
Even a 9700K @ 5ghz with a 2080ti  gets ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ performance, says enough I believe.
Again, not rushing them... but they need to listen to their player base for once.
They could've done this years ago, it's been the same stutter fest & fps drop fest since OB/CB.

a UE4 update will not magically raise your FPS from 20 in raids to omg 60+ FPs....people that think that are delusional.

Yes, the upgrade will make some things run smoother, yes the engine update will bring some performance optimizations, but it will not make you get 60FPs if your PC is not capable of pulling that to begin with. UE, regardless of version is always heavy on the CPU. 

By the example you gave here: if a 9700K + 2080TI cannot get good performance then I am sorry but its not game the its the configuration of the Pc which ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s it up. I have a 8700k + 2070 and I have no issues. Not saying the game has no problems but in this example clearly the PC is at fault and not the game.

My setup has no fault i'm 100% sure of that buddy, i'm a IT developer myself and I would know if anything was wrong with it.
The current engine doesn't utilize the CPU & GPU as it should be doing, neither does it have proper multi-core support.
Even a i3 8100 + a 1060  should be pushing 60+ fps easily in this game in dungeons / raids.

Also I have been working on UE based fan-project for a long time with a small group of people.
We even did a sandbox environment with even better visuals than BnS and still got better performance.
This is just a poor job, no matter how much you suck up to the developers of bloodlust or NC that won't change the facts.

Edited by FinalLight

17 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

By the example you gave here: if a 9700K + 2080TI cannot get good performance then I am sorry but its not game the its the configuration of the Pc which ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s it up. I have a 8700k + 2070 and I have no issues. Not saying the game has no problems but in this example clearly the PC is at fault and not the game.

Full BS

The last time i checked you are the guy that whenever it says that have minimum X FPS give a different number. but always above 60 :playdumb:

You are so special Sr BS

all am saying please dont mention fps or minor fixes until what ever comes out i have bad fps now and then too ...but drawing it out wont help ...if u mentioned like taking out certain effects are so like fas thrall effects that really messes my screen for a short sec or the sands in sand storm temple or any hig water effects then yea but anything regarding big optimization just waitr patiently please every patch yall talking about it ....i see clan name with the name lol the new porducer told yall what u need to know and where we are in getting that update so if we crying about it every patch no better than babies crying to drink rum ...its just not time ...