[Suggestion] Change unity stone refinement

Javice

Yo,

You probably all have seen by now that if you refine 8 blue stones, you still have less then 50% chance to upgrade to epic and this is just stupid imo

Lets do some quick mats there, assuming you have full blue page before you upgrade to epic, and full epic page before upgrading to legendary :

we have max 12 radiance stone slots right now and you can use max 8 stones to refine, since you alread have 1 from full page, you need to farm 7 more => 7x5 feathers = 35 , without moml you get 6 feathers  day => 6 days  to attempt 1 refinement to epic x 12 slot s= 78 days for 12 epic stones, IF we had 100% chance to succeed.

Now lets take a look to legendary, so it takes 6 days for 1 epic stone, x 7 = 42 days for 1 legendary x 12 slots  ( probably have 3 more  by now ... ) = 504 days to get 12 legendary stones again IF it was 100% succes chance

And from what ive heard KR already has the next, awakend stage, ..... im not even gonna bother calculating that .....

504 days to get 12 legendary stones if we had 100% succeed chance, wich we dont have , we dont even have 50% , are you guys OK with that ???

we people, here in the west, do NOT like rng and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ like this, you already changed other upgrades that could fail in KR so it doesnt with us, so why keep this fail refinement system here ....

My suggestion would be that we have atleast 100% succes chance if you use 8 stones, thats all ....

504 days is still long, but keep in mind you will be able to buy extras from future events

• 2 weeks later...

They really need change it.

I used 8 blue stones to refine a purple and it failed. Got 1 blue stone back. Basically, i traded 8 for 1, it cost me feathers, gold for the keys, silver for refining and sometimes the expensive new orb for the dungeons. Everything ended up in the trash can. Is this a joke? Robbing is now rng?

And now i can farm feathers again 1-2 weeks long, pay gold again, and so on. For what? For the next fail? Sure, when you use less stones the chance to fail is higher. But when i use 8 stones = max. 100%, i also want a 100% succes rate to get a purple.

Your sh... rng everywhere. It's not possible to implement something new without rng, right? Always.
I mean, we need years anyway to get the feathers. Your long term new unity system is safe even with a 100% success rate with 8 stones.

10 hours ago, Zini said:

They really need change it.

I used 8 blue stones to refine a purple and it failed. Got 1 blue stone back. Basically, i traded 8 for 1, it cost me feathers, gold for the keys, silver for refining and sometimes the expensive new orb for the dungeons. Everything ended up in the trash can. Is this a joke? Robbing is now rng?

And now i can farm feathers again 1-2 weeks long, pay gold again, and so on. For what? For the next fail? Sure, when you use less stones the chance to fail is higher. But when i use 8 stones = max. 100%, i also want a 100% succes rate to get a purple.

Your sh... rng everywhere. It's not possible to implement something new without rng, right? Always.
I mean, we need years anyway to get the feathers. Your long term new unity system is safe even with a 100% success rate with 8 stones.

you only  need 1 trove :HajoonWow:

• 2 weeks later...

still waiting an a solution here plz, or atleast a reply from ncsoft

i'm failing almost all 8 stone refinements, i dont even have half my page with epic stones and im lvl 61 already .... closing in on that extra stone slot fast ....

and it would also help alot if you make the feathers bound on account

and can you also explain to use how we get legendary ascension stones ? there is absolutly no way to get these besides trove

Edited by Javice

23 hours ago, Javice said:

still waiting an a solution here plz, or atleast a reply from ncsoft

i'm failing almost all 8 stone refinements, i dont even have half my page with epic stones and im lvl 61 already .... closing in on that extra stone slot fast ....

and it would also help alot if you make the feathers bound on account

and can you also explain to use how we get legendary ascension stones ? there is absolutly no way to get these besides trove

My 2 cents on the subject, first it has only been out for a month.  They do this for most new systems/gear.  It looks very time consuming and/or expensive to achieve end tier, then after a while they make it easier or more accessible.

If my memory serves Obsidian could mainly be achieved through IF for the longest time as the non pay method to get them.  Now we have them with solar energy, CoS and BC.  When Garnets first came out could only get through Koldrik without paying.  Took a month for those who weren’t lucky to even get one hexa.  Now we have Garnets in MSP some hard modes and randomly in the stage 10 boxes.  

This is is also reflected in gear 100 runs> 10 runs.  Have to beat boss of a raid to get weapon upgrade>become sealed (and raid gets easier).  The game is designed in the way to facilitate income, but also to get gear to everyone over time.  As long as they introduce more ways in the future to get these stones it will end up working out ok.

One suggestion i would have with this tho, I heard the merchant of wonder can have the sparkling chests (never seen it or a picture so I can’t verify), if they don’t there should be a rare chance for them to have them in CS and HM.  Then in HM increase the chance of rare MoW to give more incentive to HM as well, as CS is currently designed to be equal or more rewarding then HM for less or equal cost.

5 tries, 5 fails. I'm done with this now.
It's like other scam-boxes. A gold/mats sink.

It's not even "high" with 8 stones, just "normal". And "normal" is what? 10% chance for a success?

I don't even like running the 2 dungeons for feathers anymore. Thanks to unity, i see alts everywhere now. And toxic ones too. Low hm level, ap, gear and want a carry. Of course, they don't use the orb. They enter mandate often later (all waiting 5min. for the last and he's not coming. Boss is half down and a miracle, he entered too) Or standing inside afk. But bid at end for feathers and gem tickets. Like: I'm only a alt, you can't find my main. So, it's fine.

@Nihilu

I doubt, they change it soon. They calculated, you need around 1 year to get to the highest unity level. The stone refining MUST fail, so you has something to do in this 1 year. We even got new feathers and orbs and were allowed to throw away our old stuff.

Well, since they don't want change anything, i change myself and take a break until they release fishing. Play mostly for new costumes anyway. But nothing new there either. Only old costumes or recolor of old ones.

@Zini I wouldn’t expect many new instances of the stones till about 2 troves from now.  But I do feel it will come, by that time most players should have a decent amount of purples and be looking to go to Legendary. 

This system is currently one of the most beneficial systems for players who have alts, or newer players looking to get a nice boost early on.  By the time you hit Rank 30 (not hard to do) with the stones (not figuring in RNG stats) you will have gained:

35k HP

310 Defense

130 recovery

745 crit

555 mystic

63 AP. 

For the cost of 90 feathers and 15 gold.  This is on everyone of your characters who can do CS and HM, basically making it so you don’t need to put much if any points in defense for current PVE content.

For your 5 attempts (assuming 8 stones) you would of payed ~ 40 gold and 180 feathers. And 5 ish  SSCrystlas.  For upgrading this cost isn’t huge, and can be done at a steady pace, attempting every so often, while you invest the other materials (9/12 gold daily and Lesser Demon Stones/bound mats) you get from the dungeon to other upgrades.  Once you can solo the dungeons you basically can try 5 attempts every like 20 days.  I am hoping you were just unlucky with your attempts so far.  Sadly with RNG systems there will always be those who fail above the norm.  But if it wasn’t an RNG system, we know each attempt would cost astronomically more.

I am in no means saying that if you don’t enjoy it to continue trying, could be better to just try and take it slow for the time being. It sounds like you have personally had some trouble with the dungeons and other players, it is a little sad that it happens that way, but there will always be those individuals looking to make more off of other people’s efforts. 

hello ? does ncsoft care about their playerbase ?

before the patch,  before reset we were at 1.2m dungeon/ BG lobby's (EU), today less then 24h before reset, we are just above 700k now.

and before people say these are just numbers and mean nothing, ive noticed the last weeks there are alot less people in F8 now then before the patch, it takes much longer these days to get my DC's done ....

Alot of people quit the game, cause of the poor service, unstable servers (jinsoyun) , bad optimalization ( hello UE4 when ? ) and continuing p2w model you guys keep using, it may work in east , but not here in the west

and instead of fixing these issues to attract more new players and just to keep your players you have, you decide to milk out the few whales that are left, some more ....

time to look for another mmo ...

Edited by Javice