Refining splendor stone percentage is too little

Sinnaru

Here's my little rant after over 3 years of playing this game:

I understand the part where this whole unity system is long time investment and such, but i'm not here about that, where I have issues with (i'm sure plenty of others found this frustrating as well) is the percentage of the refining stones themselves, lets say making from normal into Heroic stage of stone.

I fail to understand how after you've spent decent amount of time or even decent amount of gold/hmcoin or even ncoin for resets and shards to obtain 8 normal stones for a 40%(if not less) CHANCE to make into Heroic grade refine stone. 

I don't know about you guys, but using 20 resets and of course buying shards from F5 just to get 3-4 attempts at refining and failing each one of these, isn't something that anyone wants to see and I bet there's a few handful of players tried the same or even suffered more from this.

I'd like to see improvements on that regard, make it 60% chance instead of whatever we have(most likely between 30-40%), eventually it will get too frustrating if you keep seeing negative results..

Just don't bother with it tbh, Until they change it to make it better or bring out a event to make it easier.

The current system is pointless to try and do something with, way too low chance.

Edited by Draknalor

No one forced you to buy resets for it and shards. you did that on your won.  Also from all the stones I fused, I always put in 8 blue ones and out of 10 fuses, I got 6 purples so the chance is not that bad.

You should just do the dailies, accumulate the feathers then buy them instead of wasting money on it.

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No one forced you to buy resets for it and shards. you did that on your won.  Also from all the stones I fused, I always put in 8 blue ones and out of 10 fuses, I got 6 purples so the chance is not that bad.

You should just do the dailies, accumulate the feathers then buy them instead of wasting money on it.

Yes I did it on my own, so what? Nobody wants to see poor results like that and dont give me the obvious answer, basides have you seen the other thread about how much time it takes? 

Also I have already a couple of friends that failed 7 times in a row if not more, which by your suggestion goes like this, 1 attempt per 6days if you dont use your orb, so add up 6days x 7, how many days is that when the person itself has lost to even be able to get something decent? 

But yea other than that, i just decided it to try it out, definitely not worth the time and money right now, this system needs higher percentage of success rate, be it 50 or 60%, better than what we have right now. 

8 minutes ago, Sinnaru said:

Yes I did it on my own, so what? Nobody wants to see poor results like that and dont give me the obvious answer, basides have you seen the other thread about how much time it takes? 

Also I have already a couple of friends that failed 7 times in a row if not more, which by your suggestion goes like this, 1 attempt per 6days if you dont use your orb, so add up 6days x 7, how many days is that when the person itself has lost to even be able to get something decent? 

But yea other than that, i just decided it to try it out, definitely not worth the time and money right now, this system needs higher percentage of success rate, be it 50 or 60%, better than what we have right now. 

You dont need to max out all legendaries or purles right away. that is the point of it. The screenshot in the other thread with all legendaries is from a dude that whaled trove like mad.

Don't argue with Grimoir… this dude will ALWAYS take ncsoft's side and kiss their … 
Yes, the system is obviously ridiculous..
I tried to fuse about 30x with 2 blues... 
And another 5-6x with adding 8 at a time...
I FAILED ALL!!!!!
But ofcourse, Grimoir never has a high ping, never has fps drops, never has any problem with the game or rng what so ever..
Probably prays to rngesus all day, or doesn't even play and is just trolling the forums all day.
If you don't believe it go check the posts he made... everytime anyone has a problem he shows up to act like it's not a problem of the game... but that you yourself are the problem.
Doubt he ever tried to actually help someone.. and that with nearly 3.8k posts here xD 

Edited by SkFy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SkFy said:

Don't argue with Grimoir… this dude will ALWAYS take ncsoft's side and kiss their … 
Yes, the system is obviously ridiculous..
I tried to fuse about 30x with 2 blues... 
And another 5-6x with adding 8 at a time...
I FAILED ALL!!!!!
But ofcourse, Grimoir never has a high ping, never has fps drops, never has any problem with the game or rng what so ever..
Probably prays to rngesus all day, or doesn't even play and is just trolling the forums all day.
If you don't believe it go check the posts he made... everytime anyone has a problem he shows up to act like it's not a problem of the game... but that you yourself are the problem.
Doubt he ever tried to actually help someone.. and that with nearly 3.8k posts here xD 

Interesting....so....having an opinion that for example:

- the game shouldnt be nerfed because its game is already dumbed down it can be done with eyes closed

- there are plenty ways to farm materials, but players jsut want it easy and with not enough effort

- changing a game because a player cant play due to his personal life issues is not a game problem

- long term upgrades should not be maxed out  / gotten within the first week of it being released in example: unity / splendor stones (excluding people that want to throw a couple thousand $ at the game every month / week)

- some changes suggested are not needed as there is not a problem

- having personally no issues with the games performance

Is taking the side of the publisher? yeah...ok.... at least i am being objective and honest in my replies and do not mind going into a discussion with others.

If you cannot grasp that or have anything actually contructive or valuable to voice, or cannot accept that someone elses opinion and view differes from your own please dont reply.

People usually go out with the "oh look a white knight" excuse if they have nothing valuable to say.

Edited by Grimoir

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Interesting....so....having an opinion that for example:

- the game shouldnt be nerfed because its game is already dumbed down it can be done with eyes closed

- there are plenty ways to farm materials, but players jsut want it easy and with not enough effort

- changing a game because a player cant play due to his personal life issues is not a game problem

- long term upgrades should not be maxed out  / gotten within the first week of it being released in example: unity / splendor stones (excluding people that want to throw a couple thousand $ at the game every month / week)

- some changes suggested are not needed as there is not a problem

- having personally no issues with the games performance

Is taking the side of the publisher? yeah...ok.... at least i am being objective and honest in my replies and do not mind going into a discussion with others.

If you cannot grasp that or have anything actually contructive or valuable to voice, or cannot accept that someone elses opinion and view differes from your own please dont reply.

People usually go out with the "oh look a white knight" excuse if they have nothing valuable to say.

Kissing a... isn't gonna get you a mod job brah… stop trying.
And no matter what evidence people show you that a  problem is game related, you keep trying to blame it on them..
Literally every topic on this forum..
And ncsoft can never do anything wrong in your eyes, it's always perfect... no matter how bad it is..

I don't ask for the game to be dumbed down, I don't mind working hard at all..
It's this dumb RNG that tilts me... some people open trove 20x get 3 dryad gems... others spend thousands of euro's get only crap..
Same with this unity stuff... I'm not kidding with the amount of tries I already had... and I failed ALL..
Obviously it's not fun anymore if you buy 10 resets a day farm your a.. off to try and upgrade them and then fail fail fail fail fail fail fail…
And sure, nobody forces me to buy resets... but getting them upgraded with just dailies will take ages, and is just unrealistic..
Also fighting people with full orange items if yours are blue... you will definitely notice.
I don't mind having to grind something 1000x if I know for sure I'm gonna get it..
But I don't wanna farm something 1000x to fail 1000x while others get lucky and get it in 2 tries.

Edited by SkFy

7 minutes ago, SkFy said:

Kissing a... isn't gonna get you a mod job brah… stop trying.
And no matter what evidence people show you that a  problem is game related, you keep trying to blame it on them..
Literally every topic on this forum..
And ncsoft can never do anything wrong in your eyes, it's always perfect... no matter how bad it is..

I don't ask for the game to be dumbed down, I don't mind working hard at all..
It's this dumb RNG that tilts me... some people open trove 20x get 3 dryad gems... others spend thousands of euro's get only crap..
Same with this unity stuff... I'm not kidding with the amount of tries I already had... and I failed ALL..
Obviously it's not fun anymore if you buy 10 resets a day farm your a.. off to try and upgrade them and then fail fail fail fail fail fail fail…
And sure, nobody forces me to buy resets... but getting them upgraded with just dailies will take ages, and is just unrealistic..
Also fighting people with full orange items if yours are blue... you will definitely notice.
I don't mind having to grind something 1000x if I know for sure I'm gonna get it..
But I don't wanna farm something 1000x to fail 1000x while others get lucky and get it in 2 tries.

You are focusing too much on those stones to get them "now". you need to consider that unity is a new system in Na/ EU. You have a chance to get a pruple one from every box you open, and i am pretty sure soon we will have the purple . orange chance boxes available from content once people progress in it a bit.

I never said the curent upgrade chance is good, but its also not something to think about changing if we only have one source of the stones for now.

the best you can do for now is jsut fill up the slots with the stones and accumulate more of them over time or feathers and then open more boxes at once.

You chance to get a purple from fuse is higher if you use at least 1 purple stone for fusing.

15 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You are focusing too much on those stones to get them "now". you need to consider that unity is a new system in Na/ EU. You have a chance to get a pruple one from every box you open, and i am pretty sure soon we will have the purple . orange chance boxes available from content once people progress in it a bit.

I never said the curent upgrade chance is good, but its also not something to think about changing if we only have one source of the stones for now.

the best you can do for now is jsut fill up the slots with the stones and accumulate more of them over time or feathers and then open more boxes at once.

You chance to get a purple from fuse is higher if you use at least 1 purple stone for fusing.

Yes, but if you add up all these things where you get behind because of rng…
It's a lot, especially for people who like to pvp like me :/

Two more problems with these stones are 1: you need to get RNG for the right stats... lets say you want piercing for pvp..  but you keep getting diff stats which you don't really need..
Or you wanna boost the damage of a specific skill you use in pvp, unlike boosting the damage of your ult which you probably will only hit once in each 100 tries in 6v6 anyway..
And that bring us to the next problem, if you try to fuse ascension stones.... you got a big chance you get a radiance stone back instead :/
And then when you finally got all purple, with the right stats..
You gotta start over trying to get orange, at an even lower rate... by creating purples again.... which is already a pain. 

Sure, maybe one day we get a way to get purples easier... but till then it sucks If others are stronger and you just can't catch up because rngesus won't allow you..
And then they probably release a new grade which is near impossible to get so whales keep spending money on it..

Honestly, it's not worth in my opinion trying to get all purple stones or orange stones. The stat increase over the blue ones is so insignificant. At best you get like around 50 points per stone extra-insert your stat here- at orange level. Those numbers literally do very little to increase your overall performance. 7 blue stones compared to 7 orange stones diffference is only around 300 points. That's not significant in any way and does not change any outcomes in pvp or pve in any way.

See here just how much you can get at max https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yLMv9FYiGflo3UHVTIDehYJmY2MeZ0KC0S1USpIX2qQ/edit#gid=0

Assumming it's accurate of course.

The skill damage boosts are probably only ones worth getting to at least heroic level.

4 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Honestly, it's not worth in my opinion trying to get all purple stones or orange stones. The stat increase over the blue ones is so insignificant. At best you get like around 50 points per stone extra-insert your stat here- at orange level. Those numbers literally do very little to increase your overall performance. 7 blue stones compared to 7 orange stones diffference is only around 300 points. That's not significant in any way and does not change any outcomes in pvp or pve in any way.

See here just how much you can get at max https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yLMv9FYiGflo3UHVTIDehYJmY2MeZ0KC0S1USpIX2qQ/edit#gid=0

The skill damage boosts are probably only ones worth getting to at least heroic level.

I would advise to get 480 points as then you get extra 200 mystic.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I would advise to get 480 points as then you get extra 200 mystic.

Exactly, and that's where the problem is in itself, since the rates are quite scuffed that most of the times you will obtain a negative result by refining these stones after you've either spent decent amount of time OR paid money for.

Legendary ones can stay as it is, could care less, but Heroic refining stones should be more approachable during refining system as in 60%(heroic) to 40%(blue) with 8 blue stones at once and not the other way around.

16 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

It might not seem much per stone... but in total for all slots + the bonus you get from it... it's a damn lot..
It's like wearing a 2nd pvp necklace :/

1 hour ago, SkFy said:

It might not seem much per stone... but in total for all slots + the bonus you get from it... it's a damn lot..
It's like wearing a 2nd pvp necklace :/

May be if you stack all 21 slots with 1 single stat. Even then effects of normalization kicks in quite fast making it not that huge. Well depends on the said stat. Critical for example you already have so much of it the normalization is pretty big and you get little out of it if you already have, lets say 60% crit.

You are, in part, missing the point. While individual stone stats matter is some scope, the main reason to get Legendary stones at this point is for the set bonus, which far exceeds the individual stone values overall. A 'second soul' effect if you will. While my luck isn't this good, you can see the advantage of having the set effect from the legendary stones.

A 1200 set effect, for example, far exceeds the small bonus' you get from individual stones. (Mind you I'm not even close to it)

Again though, no one is making anyone buy resets or spend gold. I'm fine with my luck on refining stones at this point. I do agree with the notion, however, that the best practice is running the dailies for HM and CS for the feathers and going the slower route.

5mbzrIs.png