Forums

[Suggestion] Allowing Custom Profile Avatars

Snowyamur

On 5/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, Snowyamur said:

Yeah, but if Blade & Soul did that for their forums, it would be copying. It has to be something unique and different without copying how another game handles its own forums.

It wouldn't..it's like saying movie A can't have cars in it because movie B has them. Or that new social media can't have option to add friends, because you can do same on facebook. And tbh I think AION has similar forum system as wow..it allows to choose character..stilll it used to allow you to put custom picture. In BnS forum avatar could be tied to your F2 picture.

Ok, you don't trust your players to upload something... Mostly meaning you don't want to invest in moderating whatever inappropriate stuff we come up with as avatar, fair enough.

But a simple avatar gallery could and imho should have been implemented years ago at this point, I don't get why it hasn't happened yet? Just start with the class symbols so people can pick their main class as forum avatar, that can't be too much work and would be a great start. The fact that the BnS reddit has this but not the official forums... C'mon step it up already, this could only help with keeping people invested in the forums, community and game and that's what we all want? Right? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oblo said:

Ok, you don't trust your players to upload something... Mostly meaning you don't want to invest in moderating whatever inappropriate stuff we come up with as avatar, fair enough.

But a simple avatar gallery could and imho should have been implemented years ago at this point, I don't get why it hasn't happened yet? Just start with the class symbols so people can pick their main class as forum avatar, that can't be too much work and would be a great start. The fact that the BnS reddit has this but not the official forums... C'mon step it up already, this could only help with keeping people invested in the forums, community and game and that's what we all want? Right? 

That's what we want, but that doesn't mean it's what they want. There's a difference.

However, still sad that the forums for Blade & Soul couldn't be more creative. Honestly, it's the most functioning, but most dull forums I've been on.

On 6/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, oblo said:

Something like this is doable and acts as a good control for what avatars people use. TERA's forums do this, why can't Blade & Soul's forums do the same?