Forums

Victory Token Why unable to trade?

bonboncat

• NCSOFT

Hello bonboncat,

We have escalated that issue to the development as we believe that these should be tradable. We don't have any news to share at the moment but we will make sure to do so as soon as we have more information.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello bonboncat,

We have escalated that issue to the development as we believe that these should be tradable. We don't have any news to share at the moment but we will make sure to do so as soon as we have more information.

It's extra annoying that the trove not gives liberty fragments and gives us the non-farmable victory fragments still.

18 hours ago, Yndril said:

It's extra annoying that the trove not gives liberty fragments and gives us the non-farmable victory fragments still.

Because trove shouldn't give liberty fragments. New currency is never part of trove or any other events like that.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:38 PM, Grimoir said:

Because trove shouldn't give liberty fragments. New currency is never part of trove or any other events like that.

Prove me wrong, as far as i know it's either been tokens themselves or current season fragments in every trove. Because why would you pay for fragments which isn't even accountbound and is outdated, risking not being able to make even a single token... well, the token itself isn't even tradable so even more of a facepalm in this case.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yndril said:

Prove me wrong, as far as i know it's either been tokens themselves or current season fragments in every trove. Because why would you pay for fragments which isn't even accountbound and is outdated, risking not being able to make even a single token... well, the token itself isn't even tradable so even more of a facepalm in this case.

\It hasn't. they only added victory token fragments here because they can be exchanged top any other previous token.

On 3/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello bonboncat,

It still unable to trade NOW!

• 4 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT

Greetings,

On 10/04/2019 at 2:17 PM, Grimoir said:

they will most likely become tradable / sellable when they update the TOI merchant and replace the victory token exchange to liberty tokens.

Sorry for the delayed answer on this question. We've followed up with the Development Team and there are currently no plans to make Victory Tokes tradable, unlike other tokens.

On 2019-05-03 at 2:01 PM, Baskerville said:

Greetings,

Sorry for the delayed answer on this question. We've followed up with the Development Team and there are currently no plans to make Victory Tokes tradable, unlike other tokens.

Could you explain the development team's reasoning for not making Victory Tokens tradable? Without being able to purchase the corresponding Soul Badges with Solar Energies or from buying Victory Tokens from the Marketplace, it stops anyone from being able to get those Soul Badges if they weren't participating in the Tower of Infinity - Season of Victory.

3 hours ago, Viblo said:

Could you explain the development team's reasoning for not making Victory Tokens tradable? Without being able to purchase the corresponding Soul Badges with Solar Energies or from buying Victory Tokens from the Marketplace, it stops anyone from being able to get those Soul Badges if they weren't participating in the Tower of Infinity - Season of Victory.

The reasoning is rather simple, you get to keep beta testing that trash dumpster called ToI.

On 01/04/2019 at 10:51 PM, Yndril said:

If there is new season trove should have NEW season fragments, it was always like that, if it's not giving new season fragments then it's a bug.

Honestly, a lot of items should've been tradeable between characters from the beginning. This improves not only the flexibility of alts., but allows players who do use alts. get items they want much faster.

9 hours ago, Viblo said:

They can buy the previous season tokens from F5, you could get the badges cheaper in the previous event, some badges can be farmed in basin / moon refuge / Mushin tower.....

Plus technically there is still a way to sell them, just ask the person you want to buy them from to exchange them for the tokens of the badge you want and then buy those as they are tradable which in turn is also an argument that them being non-tradable is useless since after exchange they are tradable LOL

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

They can buy the previous season tokens from F5, you could get the badges cheaper in the previous event, some badges can be farmed in basin / moon refuge / Mushin tower.....

Plus technically there is still a way to sell them, just ask the person you want to buy them from to exchange them for the tokens of the badge you want and then buy those as they are tradable which in turn is also an argument that them being non-tradable is useless since after exchange they are tradable LOL

Why would anyone buy the previous Tower of Infinity tokens from F5 when they can't be used for the Victory Soul Badges (unless exchanged for additional costs)? Why does previous events matter when those events have ended? Why do you bring up that certain Soul Badges can be farmed from Celestial Basin and Mushin's Tower when those Soul Badges don't include the Victory badges? Moon Refuge doesn't offer any Soul Badges, so I don't even know why you bring that up.

As for your final way of getting the Badges - my question to Baskerville was regarding why the Victory Tokens aren't tradable. It's a major detraction and exception to what Bloodlust and NCWEST has been doing since the launch of Tower of Infinity, so I simply wanted to know the reasoning behind the decision. Whether or not you can technically acquire the tokens in order to purchase the Genesis and Allegiance Soul Badges doesn't matter at all, so what you're responding is completely redundant. I've seen posts about you, Grimoir, acting like a white knight on the forums, so to calm you down: I'm not attacking NCWEST for not making the Victory Tokens tradable. I'm simply wondering what their reason was. If a question to the publisher is enough to get you annoyed, perhaps you should take a break from the game.

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Almost 4 sentence lines of complete nonsense :D

• Like 2

so no way for anyone to get the other badge from victory season other then 1) spending ungodly amounts of cash on trove or 2) waiting nearly a year for fragments to pop up on f10 often enough to be able to possibly get it.  wow, GL dev team......  

37 minutes ago, Baby Vivie said:

so no way for anyone to get the other badge from victory season other then 1) spending ungodly amounts of cash on trove or 2) waiting nearly a year for fragments to pop up on f10 often enough to be able to possibly get it.  wow, GL dev team......  

Considering Vistory badges are PVP oriented, if you arent doing PVP those are pretty much useless. and even in pvp they are fairly useless.