Please fix the new launcher cannot download the game

SpiqEddy

I have been trying to re-download the game for a few days now to give it another shot,  and I just keep getting "Failed to download file" error over and over again.  I tried running as admin,  I tried manually setting firewall policy for everything related to blade and soul and NC launcher, I tried DMZ.  Nothing is working.  Every few hundred mb of downloaded data it pops this error and forces me re-start the launcher to get it working again.

• Like 5

Same. I Uninstalled Blade & Soul, the old launcher and the new launcher Completely (Also Removing all appdata leftovers etc) and then reinstalled the new launcher from the site but the download always get stuck and gives an 5385 Error. Everything is allowed in My AV/firewall, I even disabled my AV and tried running as admin etc. Still get stuck at the same position. Also tried changing install and download path, but nothing is working.

48918574f45ab931b9fea446bac0f9ad.png

Edited by Lightstylez
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lightstylez said:

Same. I Uninstalled Blade & Soul, the old launcher and the new launcher Completely (Also Removing all appdata leftovers etc) and then reinstalled the new launcher from the site but the download always get stuck and gives an 5385 Error. Everything is allowed in My AV/firewall, I even disabled my AV and tried running as admin etc. Still get stuck at the same position. Also tried changing install and download path, but nothing is working.

48918574f45ab931b9fea446bac0f9ad.png

I mean you can finish it if you are willing to sit there and manually restart the download every time this happens.  Average for me is about 500mb of the game gets downloaded before this happens and requires the download to be manually restarted,  at this point it verifies all files currently downloaded and then resumes,  downloads maybe 500mb more data and throws the error again,  and around and around it goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It might be your security solution. For me Bitdefender was causing issues with downloading updates for the launcher (when using the launcher downloaded from the B&S website), and when downloading/updating the game. Disabling all of the security measures did nothing. This specific step showcased in the video was the only thing which worked for me.

Edited by Artemiris
Quoting a thread didn't show the video
  • Like 1

Having this kind of error too. Contacted customer support and ended up deleting my antivirus and disabling everything just so I can update the game. and then the game decides "woops, ping is too high you cant enter unless you spam it for a few minutes until ,maybe, I will open the game for you and let you log in".

So contacted customer support again and they only blame the ISP and packet loss while completely ignoring their previous launcher works fine. So I just gave up and say its fixed.

hope you guys can find a better fix soon. This is really annoying tbh 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, Artemiris said:

It might be your security solution. For me Bitdefender was causing issues with downloading updates for the launcher (when using the launcher downloaded from the B&S website), and when downloading/updating the game. Disabling all of the security measures did nothing. This specific step showcased in the video was the only thing which worked for me.

This really works for me. I did the same thing you did and I'm going through downloading just fine. Thank you for this. ^_^

Hi!

If you can't install the game because of 5385 error, try to uninstall NC Launcher 2 and Blade and Soul, then reistall NC Launcher 2 along with the game using default game patch directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT

or

D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT

Don't use custom download and installation folders!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, ShaznarilaDera said:

Hey o/

I had this problem to yesterday. And I fix it with scan button.

The new launcher needed to scan old files to repair them, it take a while, but it is worth the wait.

I hope i can help.

Have a good day o/

scanning 2 gb took me like 5 hours and i close it , it has big issues in it , but who knows ? maybe it could work for others

Edited by omarxz11

Does anyone have a definitive answer for this? Because I have no anti-virus. Not even Windows Defender is on but I keep getting kicked at the same file around 48%. I guess I can just try to contact support but I just wanted to see if anyone had a solution other than anti-virus that worked first. 

• Like 3