NC Launcher 2 cant download the game

SpiqEddy

A couple weeks ago I download the game with the Original downloader that was posted here and it downloaded perfectly in about 2 hours no problems.  I didn't really get into the game so I deleted it.  Decided the other day to give it another shot,  downloaded NC Launcher 2 and now I keep getting "Failed to download file" every few hundred mb's or so.  When I first installed NCLauncher2 while it was updating itself I got the same error over and over again and ended up having to uninstall and reinstall it,  it installed fine that time,  but when downloading the game files after about 200mb-1GB'ish of downloaded data it will suddenly stop and say "Failed to download file" and I have to restart it again.  I have reinstalled the launcher 3 times now.

Today I did a fresh reformat of my system,  I may attempt to download it again now and see what happens but I am not sure what the issue is.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It might be your security solution. For me Bitdefender was causing issues with downloading updates for the launcher (when using the launcher downloaded from the B&S website), and when downloading/updating the game. Disabling all of the security measures did nothing. This specific step showcased in the video was the only thing which worked for me.

Edited by Artemiris
Added a bit more info

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I played this game in 2016, had everything unistalled from my computer, now (dec-2019) i wanted to play again, i installed the NC Launcher, when i run it, it start to update, then it happens, got the error:

"Cannot access the file." "DD_D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe"

I already tryed to run as administrator, restart my computer and disable my firewall/anti-virus, uninstall and install again the launcher and nothing works...

How a game this big have a laucher that barely works?El3k1hf.jpg

Edit: just randomly tried something and worked, edit the desktop shortcut from the launcher and edit the "Target" property, add this:

/LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

My full string is: "D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Edited by Alkaizen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.12.2019 at 12:13 AM, Alkaizen said:

I played this game in 2016, had everything unistalled from my computer, now (dec-2019) i wanted to play again, i installed the NC Launcher, when i run it, it start to update, then it happens, got the error:

"Cannot access the file." "DD_D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe"

I already tryed to run as administrator, restart my computer and disable my firewall/anti-virus, uninstall and install again the launcher and nothing works...

How a game this big have a laucher that barely works?El3k1hf.jpg

Edit: just randomly tried something and worked, edit the desktop shortcut from the launcher and edit the "Target" property, add this:

My full string is: "D:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

thank u so much!!!<3

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was facing the same issue today, and I have found a fix that worked for me

Whenever you get this error, it usually says the name of a certain file that the launcher have failed to download and got stuck at, for me it was some .UPK.ZIP file, all i did from there was locate that file in the BnS directory

go to the BnS directory and then to $Patch$ > Patch > Zip > contents > bns > CookedPC > locate the specific file its getting stuck at and delete it, restart the launcher again and it worked perfectly from there.

Give it a try, I hope it helps someone out there.

• 1 year later...