Need large clan # limit to be functional as clan

Astarae

Current clan limits are way too low for clans to be functional as clans should be.  Right now, it seems, ignoring the fact that there should be room for people's "alternate mains" or "alts", a clan can't really be big  enough to support high-end RAIDS with both a static and a progressive group and mid-level RAIDS with both, and lower end/entry groups sufficiently large to move into mid-level and still have a low-end group.  At the least, with no backups, I'm counting 24 @ high, 24@medium, 24@low + 24@entry = 96, already, well over the current limit of 70.  Even with those minimums, in real life, need extra slots/people to fill in when people are gone or late due to emergencies or traffic.  But right now, I don't know of any clans who do TT who have anyone below VT gear invited, let alone *mentored*.  

Current clan system is nothing more than a way to organize RAIDS for like leveled/equipped people -- which is rather derogatory to the idea of a clan-as extended family.  Usually clans with TT groups operate more like a gang with a boss.  Clan leaders often assume a dictatorship role because of a need for unfriendly discipline for TT dungeons -- its not a friendly environment and is very competitive with deals made in private to exclude people who based on popularity and/or best ability in memorizing proper moves.  Rather than train or move people from the clan up, it seems it is often easier to pull in outsiders to fill roles because there is no training being given for those @ lower level in the clan.  Heaven forbid you should miss a raid or two or have any interruptions to take you out of the game -- coming back only to find yourself ousted from the clan because you don't fit in anywhere and they need the space.

Then on top of not having enough room to allow for filling out different roles, people often have multiple characters.  I've been working on exploring different classes and mostly play 1-2 classes that are different from my 1st class.  Then a new clan dictator says 'mains only', well , what's my main? Is it my highest lvl char @ HM21? or the one I play the most @ HM17?  I'm not in one clan anymore because they wanted my HM21 but didn't have room for them in any RAID, when I said I wanted my HM17 in , they blew a gasket and said I was out -- even though my HM17 was my current 'main' (what does that mean, char you are plain most? or the most over the past week or month or day?)... While some of these problems wouldn't have been solved by a larger clan size, many could have been either solved, or not been an issue if clan size had been larger and if there were more opportunities.  In one clan I was in they only could do 1 raid at VT, cause they were limited to 1 raid/week and no one could shepherd a 2nd raid.  I said fine, I want a progressive TT group -- since no one was doing that -- so talked leader into that, only to have that group taken over by VT group who wanted to get into TT, so there just wasn't room for anyone else in the TT group and no one to fill out a 2nd TT group because those in the first couldn't go again in the same week.

Of course that problem could be ameliorated by allowing someone's participation in a group that had a majority of different players, which would still be a good addition besides increasing the clan size limits.

For holding all the things I speak of and given how constrained clans have been at 70 to focus on more than 1 level or group , it seems about 3-4x the size of current clans might be right.  I might suggest raising that limit to about 210 and adding a rank of 'captain' below leader to allow for appointing those who were capable of leading a raid group (would not be limited to active raid leaders, but would be a reflection of those who had ability to step into such a role).

Anyway....for clans to be functional, especially in regards to bringing up new players in the ranks, the clans need to be much larger. Please! and thanks.

Do you missing something? You need larger friend list, not clan itself, in friend list, you see all alternative characters with the account itself accepted and which one he playing now. With your needs you shud go with your friends not clan, clan have pvp 1 party of 6.

9 hours ago, Indifferent said:

Do you missing something? You need larger friend list, not clan itself, in friend list, you see all alternative characters with the account itself accepted and which one he playing now. With your needs you shud go with your friends not clan, clan have pvp 1 party of 6.

you cant chat with all friends in friendslist at once.

BTW i prefer when 1 char enter a clan all the char in the ID enter the clan too and count as 1 person. so the bound of a person in the clan will grow stronger.

Another thing that should change is the ClanBattleground.
Only the battleground commander + 5 more members can enter CBG's.
CBG's give about 2 or 3 times more battleground points than the normal Battleground itself.
But gues what?
You cannot enter.
Only 6 people should get money from it, everyone else cannot enter, nice logic.