PvP in Moon Refuge

VicLuz

Who's idea was it to enable PvP in Moon refuge yellow portals without warning, user authorization, or knowledge?
I was doing the quest for the talisman upgrade with one of our low-level clan members when a portal opens.

We went in thinking it was some kind of boss. Were attacked and killed in seconds, without warning.
In my case, I was killed trying to rez the kid from the ground after he was ganged up.
HM13 fresh out of the story, first char, got killed by TT gear player that taunted him after.
"Ez" he said to me and easy it was indeed.
The new player has not returned to the game since the incident. I wonder why...

Idiotic and myopic design decision. Good job!

2 hours ago, VicLuz said:

Who's idea was it to enable PvP in Moon refuge yellow portals without warning, user authorization, or knowledge?
I was doing the quest for the talisman upgrade with one of our low-level clan members when a portal opens.

We went in thinking it was some kind of boss. Were attacked and killed in seconds, without warning.
In my case, I was killed trying to rez the kid from the ground after he was ganged up.
HM13 fresh out of the story, first char, got killed by TT gear player that taunted him after.
"Ez" he said to me and easy it was indeed.
The new player has not returned to the game since the incident. I wonder why...

Idiotic and myopic design decision. Good job!

REad the patch notes. Its clearly described in there.

15 hours ago, Grimoir said:

REad the patch notes. Its clearly described in there.

Everyone knows it is there, but why does it have to be a pain in the ass?

Is there any reason for players to pvp each other in this area in the first place aside from griefing?

BnS is never a good open-world pvp game like the old era of Lineage 2. Open world pvp, through faction war and this new Moon Refuse, serves zero purpose. Players even abuse loophole so that they can farm SSP in for maximum profits. For Moon Refuse, it is pretty clear than only whale can get the juicy loot cuz they pk everyone else, though I don't think whale have a reason to be in Moon Refuse, which is designed for new/alt players to catch up. Whales need nothing from Moon Refuse, and the only reason they are there is to grief.

If you want pvp and shows off your skills/gears, there are already 1v1/3v3/6v6/Battle Royale. Go there and pvp to your heart's contents, climbing in ranks and face off other whales/skilled players and leave those new/alt players alone.

Design flaw at its finest. Just scrap the whole concept of open-world pvp in this game already.

Edited by Kozuki

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

Everyone knows it is there, but why does it have to be a pain in the ass?

Is there any reason for players to pvp each other in this area in the first place aside from griefing?

BnS is never a good open-world pvp game like the old era of Lineage 2. Open world pvp, through faction war and this new Moon Refuse, serves zero purpose. Players even abuse loophole so that they can farm SSP in for maximum profits. For Moon Refuse, it is pretty clear than only whale can get the juicy loot cuz they pk everyone else, though I don't think whale have a reason to be in Moon Refuse, which is designed for new/alt players to catch up. Whales need nothing from Moon Refuse, and the only reason they are there is to grief.

If you want pvp and shows off your skills/gears, there are already 1v1/3v3/6v6/Battle Royale. Go there and pvp to your heart's contents, climbing in ranks and face off other whales/skilled players and leave those new/alt players alone.

Design flaw at its finest. Just scrap the whole concept of open-world pvp in this game already.

You can get 50+ chests in that area that contain upgrade materials. to be that alone is fast and super easy way to get materials. If i have to kill some people while doint it...its a small price to pay for low effort but big gain.

If you do not want to be killed, dont go in there or go in with PVP gear.

54 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You can get 50+ chests in that area that contain upgrade materials. to be that alone is fast and super easy way to get materials. If i have to kill some people while doint it...its a small price to pay for low effort but big gain.

I have to say I like this line "If you do not want to be killed, don't go in there or go in with PVP gear."

Anyways, everyone has access to the main site and forums to see and read the patch notes knowing there is PvP in that area. Secondly, much like throwing on a faction outfit if you do that content you are leaving yourself open / flagged for PvP so no point in coming on here complaining about being killed. Open world pvp is and more then likely will always be about who has the better gear. If your not willing to invest into gearing up for pvp content just save yourself some headache and stay away from everything that involves pvp or just stick to Arena where your gear doesn't mean much.

I hear Basin is still great for materials and oh look no pvp involved.

The whole point of open-world PvP is to provide geared and/or skilled players the amusement of slaughtering helpless newbies. Whether the lambs are led to the slaughter through the lure of rewards, some obnoxious roadblock (breakthrough mat, main quest stop etc.) or sheer surprise matters not.

It's not a design flaw or a mistake. It's intentional. Koreans love this kind of thing, apparently.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

So where do I buy such gear -- with 100% immunity from damage and 500% reflect damage to boot.  Don't bother with the weap, won't need it.

Even as a geared and experienced player, this area is completely frustrating. I was minding my own business killing mobs and got ganked from behind as i went to pick up my chests. And to make things even worse, you can't even get back into the area after pressing 4 to go seek some revenge.  

Moon Refuge itself is meant for new/low geared players to grind things at their own pace. And honestly, it isn't even that rewarding since there's no promise chest drops outside of the panda village. It's hard enough for low geared players just to kill the mobs in there. Why they would introduce open world pvp into the mix is beyond me. It's like they learned nothing from the Valentine's Day Massacre event. 

7 hours ago, Nanology said:

Even as a geared and experienced player, this area is completely frustrating. I was minding my own business killing mobs and got ganked from behind as i went to pick up my chests. And to make things even worse, you can't even get back into the area after pressing 4 to go seek some revenge.  

Moon Refuge itself is meant for new/low geared players to grind things at their own pace. And honestly, it isn't even that rewarding since there's no promise chest drops outside of the panda village. It's hard enough for low geared players just to kill the mobs in there. Why they would introduce open world pvp into the mix is beyond me. It's like they learned nothing from the Valentine's Day Massacre event. 

Hard? I used a level 60 voucher character using what the game provides from quests gear wise and kill just fine there (did this to prove a point) Sure I don't one shot anything but I never have any issues.. Besides they do drop pouches and the chests outside just not very commonly. (sometimes raccoons spawn and they are the ones that drop chests)

not all moon refugee are PK free...

if you like to PK go there. if not, dont enter...
some player just love to PK so they enjoy the game more...

if you want revenge, wait the warp to open then PK all the player inside...
sometimes i do enjoy the PK sistem...

1 hour ago, Bacote said:

not all moon refugee are PK free...

if you like to PK go there. if not, dont enter...

You miss the point.  There's a toggle on the panda area.  You are supposed to be able to choose.  There is an "off" switch.  There are other areas where there is no toggle or on/off switch, the new 20-character free for all is 1.  I tried it -- I might try it again -- there I know what I am getting into and am not going to complain about it being PvP.  But panda is supposed to be by choice only -- and the switch is broken.  So while most people may believe they will be safe there if they don't choose to pvp, most people will be shot to hell by a determined fully equipped pvE player.

1 hour ago, Bacote said:

some player just love to PK so they enjoy the game more...

Not really, I told the PK'r, if he wanted to prove skill come back with all raven level equip or below, then show their skill.  Funny, he

didn't seem to like PK on those terms.  Only terms people like him want are him having all the ultra equipment so he can kill everyone else.  

1 hour ago, Bacote said:

if you want revenge, wait the warp to open then PK all the player inside...

Killing everyone doesn't get the one who got you -- killing everyone is not revenge, its' a child's

tantrum.