Forums

Orb of Ascensions Too Rare, Events Getting Frustrating

prietess

Orb of Ascensions Too Rare Nowadays, Not easy to do events.

Not sure why they only limit the free orbs from F10 until 22nd March only?

Why has to be so stingy? Why? They made mistake on the White orbs but why still so stingy to give so few Orbs, much lesser than what we lost.....

Those lobbies that have orbs and advertising having orbs get filled within less than 1 sec (I am NOT JOKING!!! LITERALLY <1 second!)\

Those lobbies that dont have orbs dominate much more, YOYL and need orb everywhere.

Today I had to spend quite long time (30mins+) to find Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate because of having no orb (used mine yesterday) and missed 2 - 3 lobbies that have orb (filled too fast <1second).

This event has become frustrating instead of fun........................

I hope no one here is going to blame me for being slow to enter the lobbies that have orbs (which are rare)

Edited by prietess
  • Like 3

MOML!!

On a serious note. Please give us more orbs on maintenance day.

I'm playing on 4 chars, cuz I'm srsly enjoying this game, and for the last week, when I had 2 search for parties, I said 2 myself "OK it's my decision, 2 play that many chars" and that 1 freebie everyday was nice.

But since we can't get them for free we get 2 the same issue again, that there are definitely NOT enough orbs in the game.

Those split second reaction Parties are ridiculous.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

• Like 2

We can't catch a break with NCSoft's stupid decisions. First let's flat out nerf the gold income from dungeons when every accessories cost a fortune to upgrade. Then let's run an undoable event because of Orb shortage. Add some miscommunication and shaft everyone by not converting old orbs and DSP into their new counterparts, and finally let's make the game run like crap with even more freezes than never before.

About the event tho, the free orb (not counting resets because they're useless) should be provided until the end of the event, it's the only logical and senseful thing to do. But this is NCSoft, of course it's gonna fall into deaf ears.

• Like 4

what really ticked me off about this change was we had to antique our white orbs and didn't even get compensated for them. I was extremely disappointed I had to antique over 100 white orbs and got nothing back for them. NC is getting ridiculous with these stupid decisions.

• Like 1

Only 2-3 failed attempts at entering MOML? Heh I think the average number is more like 20-30+ before a successful attempt.

NCW you proud of yourself right now? Turning your EVENT into a complete clicker-fest? See who can click the fastest to even participate while 90% of people can't enter cause you decided to limit the frickin entry ticket for no apparent reason?

I'm gonna get some popcorn and wait to see the white knights galloping into here with some more retarded excuses for why "there's nothing wrong with this".

Edited by PetPuggi

At this point what I don't understand is why they just don't get rid of the orb ? Think about it :

1) No need for compensation that way.

2) People can still do the event for free everyday.

3) No "orb = loot" rules, people will have to bid = more gold circulating between the players.

4) Players who spent for Trove still have sparkling chests, against the average player that has only the option of brilliant chests from CS/HM anyway.

Selling shards in F10 was a cheap unsuccessful way of getting money from people, which I'm pretty sure made people even more angry toward the company rather than anything else. I really do think that to compensate something that is apparently "not designed to be exchanged in antique", then the said item should simply disappear. 

It's been a double fiasco along with the Demon Spirit stones, and seems to be a very delicate situation for NC Soft/West right now. If you can't give back the items in any designed ways then yes, get rid of this once and for all. 

I'm not sure if the team can verify how much DS stones people owned, but if there's a way, then a gold compensation would be the best. (f.e. > 10 stones = 100g, just an example)

Edited by Lyn Thunderfox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

At this point what I don't understand is why they just don't get rid of the orb ? Think about it :

1) No need for compensation that way.

2) People can still do the event for free everyday.

3) No "orb = loot" rules, people will have to bid = more gold circulating between the players.

4) Players who spent for Trove still have sparkling chests, against the average player that has only the option of brilliant chests from CS/HM anyway.

Selling shards in F10 was a cheap unsuccessful way of getting money from people, which I'm pretty sure made people even more angry toward the company rather than anything else. I really do think that to compensate something that is apparently "not designed to be exchanged in antique", then the said item should simply disappear. 

It's been a double fiasco along with the Demon Spirit stones, and seems to be a very delicate situation for NC Soft/West right now. If you can't give back the items in any designed ways then yes, get rid of this once and for all. 

I'm not sure if the team can verify how much DS stones people owned, but if there's a way, then a gold compensation would be the best. (f.e. > 10 stones = 100g, just an example)

This is indeed a possible solution. 

And NC really needs to realize that the damage done (with the loss of all the white orbs and the demon spirit stones that players had farmed for even years) is not only limited to the event duration. This is not a short term loss that players can recover from in one month and forget, for obvious reasons (sacred oils). If NC doesn't wake up and react to counter the damage with a realistic measure, this is not going to end well at all.

Edited by Nimble Fumble

7 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Only 2-3 failed attempts at entering MOML? Heh I think the average number is more like 20-30+ before a successful attempt.

NCW you proud of yourself right now? Turning your EVENT into a complete clicker-fest? See who can click the fastest to even participate while 90% of people can't enter cause you decided to limit the frickin entry ticket for no apparent reason?

I'm gonna get some popcorn and wait to see the white knights galloping into here with some more retarded excuses for why "there's nothing wrong with this".

alright, 2-3 failed attempts to enter MOML with dozens others asking YOYL :)

I got lucky that I managed to grab the last slot at MOML on my 4th attempt (which is >10 mins to find), but i am sure many people are having difficulties to enter!

Need to be sooooooooooooo fast, and if your 'Y' button doesn't work due to in keyboard typing mode, at that moment you will feel: OHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFF............!!!

NCWest wants us to buy more trove keys, and this is why they did it on purpose. Don't be surprised next time all your moonstones, elysian orbs, sacred orbs, moonstones and evolved stones gets useless and you have to buy the new stuff in a future trove. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Lyn Thunderfox:

You have more to gain from people's money than a freaking orb LOL

This whole new stones system is gated behind those orbs, and the event... sooo... yeah hardly surprising they did this to the orbs.

Besides, the orbs are just one of the many things they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up to offer paid solutions for.

il y a 27 minutes, Granger a dit :

This whole new stones system is gated behind those orbs, and the event... sooo... yeah hardly surprising they did this to the orbs.

Besides, the orbs are just one of the many things they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up to offer paid solutions for.

I mean, you still get the sparkling chests from Trove so it's pretty stupid in my opinion. If that's what they really aims for, some people there needs some business lessons because they sure are bad at it lol. 

2 hours ago, Nyvva said:

NCWest wants us to buy more trove keys, and this is why they did it on purpose. Don't be surprised next time all your moonstones, elysian orbs, sacred orbs, moonstones and evolved stones gets useless and you have to buy the new stuff in a future trove. 

They won't get more money by being anti player oriented.

• Like 1

My suggestion is : don't ever stick to the MOML ads which is completely waste of time, pick a quite time like early morning, the orb chance is much more higher, like 6-8am in the morning, or at daily reset time, the more u far away from reset time, the less chance u can get in (because as time goes, the number of orbs goes down, simple theory), and in the morning there is less ppl in queue, to avoid long queue, therefore ppl are more willing to use their orbs.

Just Queue for HM, or form a party by yourself- YOYL..or enter YOYL,and wait someone place the orb

The chance of no orb in a complete party in my scenario is like 33.3%. don't just stick to the ads and HM queue when there is no one there! doing sth else and come back later, and more important point is, don't leave ur current party so easily to try to get in MOML room. I saw a bunch of ppl just leave the party, not even consider the potential of having orbs in existing party. U only enter MOML when it pop up randomly and u are not in a party, don't just stay in the lobby for nothing and wait moml to showup 

I have 4 alts, I basically ignore CS second stage, and only do HM and tower of infinity, which takes me only 2.30 hour in total to finish daily and event, which I might still get enough grace stone to upgrade my soul badge

The point is, the more alts u have, the less effort u need to make during event

Edited by DFVWDSCX

It's really puzzling from any perspective I can imagine. What were they thinking would happen with this event after the grand orb heist they pulled?

NC Suit 1: "Okay, so. First we wipe out all the white orbs they've gathered. One copper each should be just the right amount to spit in their eyes. You know, really drive the message home. Everyone who still plays the game at this point must be a hardcore maso. Trust me, they'll love it. Just look how much the trove is raking in no matter what we do."

NC Suit 2: "Are you sure about this? I mean, they've hoarded that stuff for months or even years. Won't they ragequit if they start to think we'll just delete their stash on a whim?"

NC Suit 1: "Quit and go where? Ours is the only MMO on the planet, they have no choice but to keep suffering through whatever we feel like doing to them."

NC Suit 2: "That's not really--"

NC Suit 1: "Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. After we've turned their effort into offal, we deploy a new layer of RNG and tie the progression into these 'new' dungeons. We'll have an event to indoctrinate them properly. And get this! Most of the event is locked behind the 'new' orbs. They'll need a minimum of two characters doing daily challenge just to get one character through the event dungeons. Every day! For weeks!"

NC Suit 2: "Whoa, that's pretty good. They love their alts. The metrics will go through the roof!"

NC Suit 1: "That's not all. We make the 'new' orbs untradable and hand them out for a week - just one per day. Imagine how they'll scramble to try and join dungeons once we shut off that life support. We can make them waste hours clicking and clicking and waiting for a shot at the event. It'll be hilarious!"

NC Suit 2: "Better yet, we could put the shards in daily specials every now and then. And the dungeon merchant! They can buy a shard for about the same gold the dungeon pays out."

NC Suit 1 & NC Suit 2: "There's no way this can go wrong."

Seriously, though, this event is now worse than the first week of that halloween event, and that's no small feat. Between the YOYLtards, clickbots and douchenozzles who bid on anything valuable, MOML be damned... yeah. It's a mess.

Suggestions for improvement:

- Get rid of the senseless orb requirement. Both dungeons have a daily lockout, so there's no point adding another barrier to them. If anything, you'd sell more resets without the orb hurdle.

- Change the daily challenge reward from one shard to two. Nobody benefits from players being unable to do content.

- Put the daily charity orb back in F8. It's not ideal, but at least it keeps the dungeons rolling.

• Like 2