Freezes/Lock ups/Crashes in MSP

1) I have noticed that while fighting the Sacred Longui in Midnight Skypetal Plains has a chance to crash your game. It isn't the same as a disconnect. Something causes the game to lock up.

2) Also, the game tends to lag really hard right when the Sacred Longui is charging his big unblockable red attack that you need to I frame that hits a huge area or you take a lot of damage. The lag is actually so bad that it can cause you to get hit by the attack even if your timing is good because the lag causes you to get hit by it anyway. (These are 2 separate issues.)

This happened to me today when I was trying to do the daily quest. I did stage 1, and it was fine. Then I froze during the fight against stage 2. Of course by the time you get back into the game, it is dead, and they are on stage 3, but even if you kill stage 3, you can't get credit for the quest, so screw me.

Then I did the quest again. I started at stage 1. It was fine. I did stage 2. It was fine. I did stage 3, and the game locked up AGAIN on stage 3. Once again I am denied quest completion. Screw me AGAIN!

This is unacceptable. This needs to be fixed. I'm not going to do it again with an RNG chance to screw me out of the quest completion if the game decides to lock up exactly when it would screw me over. I abandoned the quest, left, and didn't try it again. Screw that.

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated

Iiiiiinteresting. Is that Settings > Game > Camera > Mouseover Options > Display Contextual Action Prompts? And it needs to be unchecked?

EDIT: Ok so I did that, and tried it again, and it crashed on me right while fighting the sacred Longui AGAIN. That is 3 times in a row now. I even had the DPS meter off, party 2 minimized, and display characters and pets off with Ctrl+F and Ctrl+G.

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated

Every person i know suffers this problem frequently since the last update. getting crashes during the longgui fight.
So far i've only noticed it occuring with friends who have

windows 10 + Intel CPU + more than 8gb of ram + Nvidia GPUS 960, 970, 1050ti and 980. It doesnt matter what client of BNS they're running either im afraid both 32bit and 64bit versions of the game are having crashes. Even with them running the graphic settings at level 1.

Personally my game is completely pausing for as long as 15 seconds during the sacred longgui fight. Although i havent suffered any crashes on my system.

Im running AMD 580 with windows 7 and 64bit game client with graphics at max level with exception of skill/monster/personal effects which are set at level 1,

3 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

This is a known bug that can be bypassed by unticking display context boxes in video settings.  This bug was minimized before in msp but the latest patch reverted it to almost as bad as it was before.  Other dungeons are effectedas well.

I have those options disabled and still get the pauses. I didnt get the pauses before the Legacy update. I suspect a different bug has crept into the game thats causing this as it seems strictly a problem in longgui, other 12 man and group areas dont suffer this long stutter.

Edited by matthew

There are two boxes to uncheck.  The context and reflex settings.  It seems that whenever the system tries to prepare an auto-iframe action during a boss aoe some kind of memory leak occurs.  So if you are still getting the auto warning to auto-iframe then there is still a box to uncheck.  I've tested this in msp and hh and can verify that it works for me at least otherwise I will lockup for 20 seconds.

Edited by Deadly Intent

I have this issue too.. I used to have to run 3 instances at least to complete this daily haha.. Then I tried unchecking everything except for 2 (camera focus and repeat action), hid all chars and even downed all the graphic effects to 1.. Now I still get that crash but prolly 40% chance instead of 80%..

Thought it was only me but it seems to have become a norm to see ppl dc during longgui fight.. 

Edited by rykgirl

Hello there, I do get microfreeze but anywhere on a very high end PC... Game on PCIe SSD, i7 8700k, 32Go, GF 1080 GTX, not sure what I can improve there... I'll try what you suggest, even it do not seems related, but just wanted to say it seems to be something you can experience outside of dungeons as well.

It happens in cinematics as well, maybe it's another issue. I didn't have this issue a year ago on a lower end PC.

Edited by FrancoisH

You can also try disabling quest tracking or minimizing the list of tracked quests in the side bar. 

Settings > Game tab > Interface > Quest 

If you want to keep anything active, you can manually add them with the check box on the right side of quests titles in the quest journal.

This is something that helped when Celestial Basin was lagging and dropping tons of frames; but I also found it helping in other raid instances. It sounds odd that it's related, but it was something about the Quest tracking distances?? I forget the details now. But give it a go, can't hurt.

The performance problem happens ALL THE TIME -- it only results in complete hangs during peak battle times.  Unchecking

context or tracking boxes makes no difference -- tracking I've had disabled for almost a year or more.  Context make no difference, AND worse -- isn't relevant outside of battle.  I.e. it doesn't explain the general slowdown that keeps causing the sound to break. when simply hovering over an item and sound breaks while something is looked up or fetched.

It gets MUCH worse when you have people in a party, though being in a crowd of people also causes more lag -- but not like when they are all in a party with you.  Was in moon refuge killing spiders.  Got invited into group doing it as a group to share kills -- as soon as I got in the group -- same graphics, same # of people on screen and same area -- performance dropped by 2-5x (from ~20+ FPS to 2-5 FPS).

Ping went from ~ 150ms to over 250ms.  That was solely based on people in group -- and points solely at the server I was on being overloaded.  I used to think everyone in a party would be on same server, but now, I don't know.  Something else I've never seen before -- #users on server @ > 4000.  Never have seen it that high -- usually no more than in 2000's, maybe once over 3000, while response time is better in off hours when user counts are usually below 2000, the problem doesn't go away completely.  More than once have noticed severe block in NS, final boss and have lost game at least once there.  A spike in CS, 1st boss,  hit 37 seconds.

Going through portal (door?) between Granite Titan (in NS) and the large augerite -- pauses me for over a minute -- twice after coming through that gate, I find the rest of the party already waiting with @ Agoni -- though 1 party had just started on him -- I barely caught up with them in time for the last boss.

I just wanna add my input here. I played this game since launch and had my breaks from it....and every time I return to this game, it gets more and more unplayable....in terms of gameplay smoothness, this game is THE worst game I've ever played....after an hour of play, I feel like my darn brain is stuttering and lagging.....ffs.....

before the legacy of HM patch, i struggled in 32bit b/c i keeping getting crash during raids, and in 64bit I get 0-5 fps during boss fights, until I updated windows to 1809, i was able to use the 64bit fairly smoothly anywhere in game. Then after the patch, in MSP 3rd boss where it does the red AOE...my fps goes to trash, and sometimes completely freezes for 20 seconds or more....tried everything i know of....nothing...

rtx2060, 9600k, evo970, 16g 2666mhz ripjaws V

Same problem on:  Alienware 13 R3; gtx1060, 7700hq, evo981, 16g ram

Asus GL502; gtx 1060, 7700hq, Intel 660p, 16g ram

Dell Inspiron 7559, gtx960m, intel 660p, 16g Vengence

Guess I may take a break till UE4......

Edited by GMOterminator