Forums

[Suggestion] Improved information to learn PvP

Rainbird

Dear Blade and Soul developers.

It would really help new players who want to get into PvP to have more information on classes they don't play and how other players play. Understanding the class of your opponent is a big factor in becoming good at PvP. Currently, I think it's very hard to get useful information to improve this aspect of PvP.

So, here are my suggestions how to improve that:

1) Make an ingame list of all skills and talents accessible to everyone. Basically, let us see the full Martial Tomes of all classes without requiring a level 60 character with unlocked talents. Maybe you could even give us dummy level 60 characters that only work in the training room. (This would also help PvE players to pick the right class.)

2) Add skill visual/animation previews for all skills similar to the costume preview. This would help tremendously to recognize what you opponent is doing in PvP.

3) Arena spectator mode: Let us see the full skill visuals and what skills (icon and name) the players are using, not just "5 hit combo" or similar. Or at least show the skills in the combat log.

Thanks for the answer, Girmoir. I have tried that but it does not let you hover over the skills in the talent description. So you can only see the skill modifications of the talents that character has selected, i.e., 5 out of 30. That's a rather tedious way of finding information. At least, better than nothing. :HajoonCheer:

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 6:47 AM, Rainbird said:

Dear Blade and Soul developers.

It would really help new players who want to get into PvP to have more information on classes they don't play and how other players play. Understanding the class of your opponent is a big factor in becoming good at PvP. Currently, I think it's very hard to get useful information to improve this aspect of PvP.

So, here are my suggestions how to improve that:

1) Make an ingame list of all skills and talents accessible to everyone. Basically, let us see the full Martial Tomes of all classes without requiring a level 60 character with unlocked talents. Maybe you could even give us dummy level 60 characters that only work in the training room. (This would also help PvE players to pick the right class.)

2) Add skill visual/animation previews for all skills similar to the costume preview. This would help tremendously to recognize what you opponent is doing in PvP.

3) Arena spectator mode: Let us see the full skill visuals and what skills (icon and name) the players are using, not just "5 hit combo" or similar. Or at least show the skills in the combat log.

This would be a great addition to the quality of life of the game. It would make sense..but we play BnS so ... good luck.