New launcher

Reinstalled the whole thing 67 GB onto my Drive E.

After completion it toned down to 42GB.

Copied the folders into my C drive (SSD) and tried to run the launcher.

Launcher starts game from my F drive ........................ can't change game path ........... :grrr: what is wrong with your crappy new launcher and the huge space it apparently needs that doesn't let me directly install onto the SSD

1 hour ago, IudexMakinCoffee said:

unknown.png

i have the same issue as you

the new launcher installation (new installer remove my game and cant reinstall the launcher due to unspecified error (same as your screen) and cant reinstall the game),

but my issue was solved after i apply windows update kb4483452 and the game is installing again. hope tthat works for you as well

23 hours ago, Grimoir said:

ifzq08.png

it has some extra options now and a streaming feature.

Ok, im still using the old version then. Can you give me a step by step on getting the new one? Sorry if i ask for too much.  

Edit: On second thought Ill keep using the old one till the new one is fixed or mandatory...

Reading some of these posts were cringy.

Edited by CastielSeven

I am not sure what the new launcher is trying to do but when I tried to install it it made me reinstall the game, which I was fine with until it wouldn't finish because it gave the error message of "not enough disk space" it had taken up 110gb of free space on my ssd. I always had BNS on my ssd with no issues and had 40gb of free space when it was originally downloaded. WTH is going on with this new launcher that we have to use starting in April? I am downloading the old version of the launcher and hoping that fixes it for now, but what about when we have no choice to use this wonderfully messed up junk. This launcher needs to be fixed by than.

7 hours ago, Destyz said:

i have the same issue as you

the new launcher installation (new installer remove my game and cant reinstall the launcher due to unspecified error (same as your screen) and cant reinstall the game),

but my issue was solved after i apply windows update kb4483452 and the game is installing again. hope tthat works for you as well

Tried and it didn't work. No idea what to do.

12 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

I feel really bad for all these people having problems. I had no problem installing the new launcher. The only issue i had was steam related since i use the steam controller, i could no longer link the new launcher through steam in a way i could use my steam controller with overlay in BnS. Luckily though i managed a work around for that issue for now till i can figure how to link the new launcher properly to steam for use with my steam controller. I really hope those of you having issues with the new launcher can get them resolved..

Same problem here. Thought I was the only one still using a Steam pad for this game... Now the game only accepts the "Default Desktop Configuration" instead of the game specific shortcut config. I lost the ability to use BnS's gamepad mode so I had to emulate the full KB+M just as if the game had no gamepad support at all. The one plus to this is that now I feel a bit more free to change the keys around...

1 hour ago, IudexMakinCoffee said:

Tried and it didn't work. No idea what to do.

I had to uninstall everything and install the old launcher. You can do so at the link below

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025211952-Downgrading-NC-Launcher-2-0-to-1-0

After that I installed the game and everything is working fine. Still getting the popup to download the new launcher not doing that again until they make us.

since installing the new launcher i keep getting this wrong password coming up yet i can log in the website! any ideas

the old launcher is still on my system too and this one lets me log in fine!! what the hell

Edited by littleurn

On 3/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, 892228_1452550581 said:

Update: I just downloaded the launcher. Upon open it prompted to download and update the launcher. I complied. Upon loging into the launcher. There was an option fpr me to search for the downloaded game. Looked for it in my games drive and it looks as if the launcher deleated everything(the game) .Even the old launcher folders. It req me to patch. Clicked it and now I jave to redownload the entire game. Thanks ncsoft. Great way to start of the evening

I tried downloading the new launcher yesterday...

; o; I didn't even get to the real "new" launcher, my game got wiped at that error pop-up.

Also unlucky, I got a windows update, once it restarted none of my drives had bns files. 

Well I got it over with and installed new launcher, works so far.

Just one thing: if I click on Blade & Soul from my start menu it still boots up the old launcher... So I manually uninstalled old launcher... Now the BnS shortcut simply doesn't work anymore since it still looks for the old launcher. Feels kinda sloppy that new launcher didn't simply replace the old one on install in the first place.

Anyway, starting the game from new launcher works just fine for me so far.

So Im installing the game on a pc at my parents place and I keep getting an error that a file cant be installed, I confirm this and klick update again after a few % I get another error again und I again press update and so on.. I make progress but rly slow and I have to babysitt my pc for it.. why?! ( I had the same issue on my own pc where the game was already installed but only like 5 times here Im already over 20 times doin this..)

fCHRwIQ.png

For those Who Deleted the Old Launcher, and Installed the new one, and want to downgrade back to Old Version 
Without wanting to Re-download the whole game again. Follow this.

1. Go To Program Files, and Delete all NCSOFT Launcher 2 Related Programs. Do Not Delete your main game.
2. Locate your Blade & Soul Game Folder and Rename it to something else.
3. Download and Install Bns_Lite = http://download.bladeandsoul.com/BnS_Lite_Installer.exe
4. Run BnS_Lite, Redirect the installation to the same location where your original game is. but install it to a different folder. 

Warning: Do not run the Game from your newly created Icon on Desktop, that you just installed from BnS_Lite. You will Most likely get an error : "Windows is searching for NClauncher.exe"

5. Download the old Launcher > http://launcher.patcher.ncsoft.com/NC-Launcher/NC-LauncherSetup.exe
6. After you downloaded the launcher. Now run the Game from Desktop. When you see Game is now Updating, Stop the Update.
7. Go where your Original Game Files are. Copy BNS Folder. and Paste it to the New Folder. Where you made it on Step 4.
8. Once copy-pasting is done. Close Launcher and Re-Open. Instead of seeing "Update". you will now see "play now", you can do File Repair for your own sake. but it should work without any needed. Just Press Play. and Volia. 

No Game Re-install Needed, If you are stuck on any of the instructions or you find it not clear enough, Feel free to ask.

Edited by SayhaSeer

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing bns with 2 friends, have like 3 month, and when the new launcher came up, i felt that i should not got it yet because i already had issues installing the old launcher, so i prefered to stay on the old one, but yesterday u guys dont leave us a choice, the old launcher just gone, and i was forced to install the new one, so i installed it, and guess what? i just could not start the game, i clicked on start game and NOTHING HAPPENS, so i tried to reinstall the launcher and guess what? I LOST THE ALL GAME FROM MY HD XDDD 40gb to trash, but i like this game and tried to download it one more time, but the new laucher just dont work, keep giving me the 5385 error and this is happening with my 2 friends too, and a LOT of people on my guild, so i think i will just accept that, after trying so different ways to run this laucher (alredy put launcher on Firewall and windows defender exclusions but not worth, and i'm leaving the game now, so sad, so much time to trash, but the tip is for the company, this type of problem is very, VERY frustrating, just lost my desire to play, because there is nothing that i can do anymore :c

I wonder how many who are unable to load the launcher or play the game are using Windows 10 1809. If you haven't been following on Microsoft related news, they plan to ditch that version of Windows and push us into the more recent April update. Why? Because October's 1809 was a bugged mess that did a lot of strange things, games included. If any of you is using 1809, do a search for ways to revert to 1803 and try installing BnS again. The rest is the usual driver/firmware updating and keeping your PC as clean as possible for gaming.

I know this may not be the golden solution for everyone, but it's always worth trying other things when what's available doesn't work.

I still use Old Launcher, but as of today surprisingly  it's not working for me anymore also, Launcher doesn't even start, (Yesterday was working fine) I thought maybe they are pushing everyone to use Launcher 2 now, instead of Old Version, but seeing that people are having problems with Launcher 2 also might not be the case then. (Windows 10 Updates are Disabled for me since forever)

I will try update to Launcher 2 for Testing, but the reason I downgraded is because in-game my Mouse DPI used to slow down and speed up randomly like client had acceleration on or something, was extremely annoying, and downgrading to Old Launcher fixed the problem for me, I guess I'll give another try. but seeing people having problems with launcher 2, doesn't look promising. 

Edit: Updating From Old Launcher to Launcher 2 Fixed the Problem.

Edited by SayhaSeer