New launcher

well the new launcher made me delete my old launcher and bns so now i cant even install the new launcher from the download page cause it ask me to run nc launcher which i dont have anymore, so basically any new players can't download the game cause the download page doesnt work

trying to go ingame since mt is over and till this hour , preparing updates , why do u guys added that process take 1 whole year to process to wait another year to download ..........it download a whole 3 gig of idk what i search game folder and click ok so whats the big issue now .... congrats on losing alot of ppl because of trash people dont fully test ..every body getting unistalling of game and few will download against as for the rest .. rip 

its not about the lauchern download its about how the launcher operates it operates backwards .... other launcher move very fast and no stress yall loaded it up with evcerything and end of the day u guys havent configure it to run smoothly from old to new version so pretty much everyone getting the game uninstalled ..please remove this trash lauhcer before it cost u guys down the road .... ppl who paid for there premium member ship people who have clan runs etc are all getting the full blast of this 

Edited by qqqq1

Weird that some are having so many issues. Maybe you're not installing the right launcher or you're installing it in the wrong place? idk. idk man.

All I did was click the download button they told us to click, download it, and install it into my bns folder. I have no idea how that can manage to go wrong but here we are.

4 minutes ago, Showta said:

Weird that some are having so many issues. Maybe you're not installing the right launcher or you're installing it in the wrong place? idk. idk man.

All I did was click the download button they told us to click, download it, and install it into my bns folder. I have no idea how that can manage to go wrong but here we are.

From what I understand, the first iteration of the new launcher was buggy and deleted the old launcher and the game. The launcher I downloaded installed itself in a "Launcher 2" folder and did not delete anything. Maybe that's why some people didn't have problems.

everyone that is having trouble with a windows PC has:  A) changed game files, B) has things turned on/off/set in their OS that is non-standard, or C) conflicting apps/malware/security-ware, D) bad drivers or drivers not set up correctly or E) crazy stuff i'm not even aware of.

my new installer installed automatically in 30 sec and a prompt for a site to go to, if there was trouble, appeared.   Then about a 160MB update loaded and I was GTG.

I run a clean windows with minimal apps and 3rd party crap running and I basically NEVER have trouble (been playing for 3mo shy of 3 yrs now)

THE TROUBLE IS IN YOUR PC!

• Like 1

Installed the launcher 2 fine and everything going well until it just gets stuck in the middle of updating.. 33% (668.2mb) restarted several times already... :(

it just doesnt want to finish downloading the update.

Edited by matthew

I had to redownload the ENTIRE game. Now it takes up 65GB on my SSD and isn't even completely done patching. 

I used to run 4 games on my SSD now I deleted them all and can't even completely finish downloading this patch.

Dunno what they did but its a huge mess

I feel really bad for all these people having problems. I had no problem installing the new launcher. The only issue i had was steam related since i use the steam controller, i could no longer link the new launcher through steam in a way i could use my steam controller with overlay in BnS. Luckily though i managed a work around for that issue for now till i can figure how to link the new launcher properly to steam for use with my steam controller. I really hope those of you having issues with the new launcher can get them resolved..

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207195856-How-to-re-install-only-the-NCSOFT-Game-Launcher

So I deleted everything like a foo. When i went to reinstall the new launcher, it pulled that "run old launcher" shenanigans. After looking into it, I came here, downloaded the link attached to here. So far everything is going smoothly. I'll update as, unironically, my game does. but so far I have yet to meet any issues where I once did.