New launcher

51 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

I still use Old Launcher, but as of today surprisingly  it's not working for me anymore also, Launcher doesn't even start, (Yesterday was working fine) I thought maybe they are pushing everyone to use Launcher 2 now, instead of Old Version, but seeing that people are having problems with Launcher 2 also might not be the case then. (Windows 10 Updates are Disabled for me since forever)

I will try update to Launcher 2 for Testing, but the reason I downgraded is because in-game my Mouse DPI used to slow down and speed up randomly like client had acceleration on or something, was extremely annoying, and downgrading to Old Launcher fixed the problem for me, I guess I'll give another try. but seeing people having problems with launcher 2, doesn't look promising. 

How did you disable Windows auto updates? I mean, that's the main complain point everyone has with this version of Windows. It just pushes updates and pretty much tries to own our PCs, with no option to turn it off. Any registry tricks or third party programs? I'm running everything pretty much vanilla nowadays, but I'd like to take back control of my own computer again.

It's also odd that the launcher is giving you in game issues like DPI changes. They are supposed to be two separate entries. In fact, you can even tell the new launcher to fully close itself when the game starts. On the other side, do try both 32 and 64 bit versions of the game. Maybe that can help.

1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

How did you disable Windows auto updates? I mean, that's the main complain point everyone has with this version of Windows. It just pushes updates and pretty much tries to own our PCs, with no option to turn it off. Any registry tricks or third party programs? I'm running everything pretty much vanilla nowadays, but I'd like to take back control of my own computer again.

Method 1.

Press Windows Key + R , Type services.msc and press enter.
Scroll down until you find "Windows Update", Right Click and go Properties.
and select "Start-Up Type to Disabled"

Method 2.
Click Start Windows key select "Settings" then click on "Network and Internet"
Click Wi-fi in the left pane, Then click the name of your Wi-Fi Connection and click to turn on
"Set as Metered Connection"

Method 3.

Again Press Windows Key + R, Type gpedit.msc and press enter.
go to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > "Windows Update".
Double Click "Configure Automatic Updates"
Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature.

Method 4. 
it's Recommended to back up before you do any changes to Registry. do it at your own risk.

Press Windows key + R, Type Redit and press enter.

Find path > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
Right-click the Windows (folder) key, select "New" and then click "Key"
Name the new key "WindowsUpdate" and press "Enter".
Right-click the newly created key, select "new", and click "Key"
Name the new key AU and press Enter.
Inside the newly created key, right-click on the right side, select "New", and click on "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
Name the new key AUOptions and press Enter.
Double-click the newly created key and change its value to 2. It's for "Notify for download and notify for install". Click "OK".
Close the Registry to complete the task

Using this value prevents Windows 10 from downloading updates automatically, and you'll get a notification when new updates are available. By this way, you can avoid any auto Windows 10 update effectively.

I always download Updates that I need manually, So I never had Problems with Windows updates.

-----

As for Taking ownership of Windows, there are few tools that you can download or do it manually, just google.

1 hour ago, Hanuku said:

It's also odd that the launcher is giving you in game issues like DPI changes. They are supposed to be two separate entries. In fact, you can even tell the new launcher to fully close itself when the game starts. On the other side, do try both 32 and 64 bit versions of the game. Maybe that can help.

I don't know, but I installed Launcher 2, and It started again -.-'' it doesn't do it straight away, it starts doing after sometime of playing BnS /shrug, I'll try downgrade again, I hope Old launcher still works, I don't know why it does it. My PC don't like Launcher 2 hehe. I have acceleration turned off everywhere on my end.

Edited by SayhaSeer

18 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

snip

Thanks for the methods. May try the registry one. I heard that the metered connection one was dropped. that was the one I was using when I had 1703.... It still downloaded the big version update after a small updated that apparently changed the rules and allowed the big one, or something like that....

As for launcher 2. It seems not even the devs know why it works flawlessly on some PCs (I have two computers with it and I have no problems to report, for example), and some others it just wrecks havoc. I can say "hang in there", but that doesn't cut it for people who want to run their dailies. As for old launcher, isn't this the month it's going to be disabled? I'd tell the devs to hold up on that if they have the opportunity. People are still having problems with launcher 2, and forcing it on everyone will just push people out of the game. And this game has already too many ponder worthy changes and decisions.

33 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

Thanks for the methods. May try the registry one. I heard that the metered connection one was dropped. that was the one I was using when I had 1703.... It still downloaded the big version update after a small updated that apparently changed the rules and allowed the big one, or something like that....

I don't know, I do all 4 Methods every time I re-install, never had Windows Update bypassing everything and doing an Update, Viewing My Windows Update history, last update I had was "Successfully Installed on 31/10/2018".

33 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

As for launcher 2. It seems not even the devs know why it works flawlessly on some PCs (I have two computers with it and I have no problems to report, for example), and some others it just wrecks havoc. I can say "hang in there", but that doesn't cut it for people who want to run their dailies. As for old launcher, isn't this the month it's going to be disabled? I'd tell the devs to hold up on that if they have the opportunity. People are still having problems with launcher 2, and forcing it on everyone will just push people out of the game. And this game has already too many ponder worthy changes and decisions.

I hope not, but if they do disable Old Launcher, then I'll try do a Fresh install, It's about time to do it anyway. I'm pretty sure it's on my side, something conflicting with the New launcher, other then DPI Slowing down and speeding up randomly, I have no other problems with the New Launcher.

(Tested with 3 Different Mouses, In-case someone will suggest this to try, All 3 were doing same DPI-BS)

Edit:

As for old launcher, isn't this the month it's going to be disabled?

I think they already did, I tried to downgrade, and Client doesn't start. it only pops-up a message saying to Upgrade to Launcher 2 (Which it always did), but Client doesn't open after pop-up anymore, RIP

Edited by SayhaSeer

28 minutes ago, CoyoteColt said:

When installing the launcher 2 the launcher 2 itself does not want to open, does anyone know how to solve this error? NC Suport Just Sends Useless Tips

If you had "OLD Launcher" installed before today, Right Click on Blade and Soul (Old Icon) > properties and Change Path to

----> "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\NC Launcher 2\Matryoshka.exe" /GameID:BnS <---- , What it does is, Make your OLD-Game Icon to launch through Launcher 2, Hope it helps, if not then i don't know ^^, Save the original path before changing though, so you can restore if it does nothing for you.

Edited by SayhaSeer

1 hour ago, CoyoteColt said:

Did not work. thank you

Worst comes to worst, you could just uninstall everything, both Blade & Soul and the old NC launcher, but save that as a last resort.

3 hours ago, CoyoteColt said:

When installing the launcher 2 the launcher 2 itself does not want to open, does anyone know how to solve this error? NC Suport Just Sends Useless Tips

Based on your situation, and don't quote me on this, it sounds like your NC Launcher 2 was not set up properly, resulting in it getting corrupted. I ran into this situation trying to use the new launcher to run the game, and there wouldn't be a prompt for me to click on to start it. 

If you have Blade & Soul already installed from the old launcher, and you're trying to install and use the new launcher and make it work, try the process(es) below.

Note: these steps only apply to Windows or PC computers; they aren't the same for Mac, and I don't have experience using a Mac.

For fixing NC Launcher 2 w/ the old launcher already installed

1. Click on the search bar at the bottom of your screen to the right of the Windows icon.
  2. Type in "appwiz.cpl" and click on the first result that pops up called "appwiz.cpl." It's a system file shortcut that takes you to all your apps on your hard drive.
  3. On the app screen, scroll down until you find something that's titled "NC Launcher" or whatever the old launcher went by; it should have the old NC logo.
  4. Right-click on the old NC Launcher option and select "Uninstall/Change." Run through its uninstall process completely. Doing this should take you back to the app screen with the NC Launcher option gone.
  5. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT, or wherever you installed it, and delete it's contents; NOT the entire folder. Doing this prevents junk files from being produced unexpectedly.
  6. Two options from here:
    1. If you have the NC Launcher 2 already installed, repeat Step 3-4 with NC Launcher 2 as the option, then find the NC Launcher 2.exe and reinstall it.
    2. If NC Launcher 2 isn't installed, navigate to where you have the NC Launcher 2.exe, click on it, and install it.
  7. After re-installing the NC Launcher 2, do not check on "Run Application." We want to make sure the NC Launcher 2 folder is in the NCSOFT folder you accessed in Step 5. Check to make sure it's there.
  8. If it's there, right-click on the NC Launcher 2 shortcut (if there isn't one, make one), and select "Run as Administrator." Once run, log in, and the application should be searching for your game if it's there.
    1. If it prompts you to install the game, click on it, and it should begin a search, whereby it asks for a location of the game directory folder and you provide it. If not, and it asks you to install the game instead and asks where you want to install it, you're going to have to repeat Steps 3-4 with the Blade & Soul client. THIS IS A LAST RESORT.
  9. Run through the installation process as normal.

For fixing NC Launcher 2 w/out the old launcher being installed

Repeating all the steps above, excluding those that ask you to uninstall the old NC Launcher.

Hopefully this helps.

Edited by Snowyamur

3 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

snip

Thankfully at least for me, I haven't had any problems with this launcher nor with Windows. As for the dpi thing, are you running any kind of software that works with any of your input devices? Is your screen scale in Windows display set to default 150% or to 100%. I personally have it set to 100 because some older programs used to act in weird ways with anything else there. I know I'm shooting some blind bullets here, but sometimes the solutions to some PC problems are in unexpected places.

Annnnd got the email about the old launcher shut down. RIP... I suppose now it's when we start nagging NC to help those unable to log in. Because them, and their friends, could be the next ones moving to other games permanently. And I've had enough recent game server closures for my taste...