New class Archer. LOOKS GOOD! :O

deathleecher

2 hours ago, Centhron said:

Yeee, ue4 coming soon! And new class!! Better start stacking up mats to feed the whales :inlove: (though you never know when your fat stacks of mats will turn into a total of 70 silver ... :giggle: )

Will  that engine relieve some of the stress on my computer or should i worry and upgrade my specs?  Game is heavy enough on my machine and i already burned down one graphic card.  (Costed 300 bucks to replace it.)  Im currently running with 2gb GDer5 EVGA  geforce GTX 1050

3 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

Will  that engine relieve some of the stress on my computer or should i worry and upgrade my specs?  Game is heavy enough on my machine and i already burned down one graphic card.  (Costed 300 bucks to replace it.)  Im currently running with 2gb GDer5 EVGA  geforce GTX 1050

UE4 should work better with more modern hardware by better allocating resources and allowing the system to stress less (your 1050 SHOULD be fine with UE4). But if the rest of your computer is ancient, like having a very old CPU and ram, chances are this or that new technology or piece of code in the new engine may have a chance to mess with your experience.

It will improve performance, especially with memory usage and loading speeds through demand data streaming.

Based on the perfomance of the current engine i'd say you should see an improvement in performance across the board. The concern would be if the developers use the gains UE4 brings to just beef up the graphics for everyone in which case older hardware just wont see the benefits. UE4 developers struggle at times to cut out some of the un-neccesary visual noise that bogs down performance. Every single surface, mesh and decal has its own set of some 20-80 variables that can be adjusted to improve performance.

Additionally UE4 offers allot of "visual effects" onto the game image that many developers just cant resist not turning off from my experience. Just make sure you're vocal with your feedback when the update finally does come as theres allot of performance you can extract from this engine.

Hyped for UE4 but Archer? Really, an archer? Out of all the martial arts and weapons they go with archer, then again, I think Blade and Soul lost their blades and souls when gunner came out. Why not a class with a spear or Bo or a flippin naginata (which is also kind of a spear) but at least that would make sense.

I think it’s about time for a new race as well. Would be great to get a new race with the archer class. The lycandi would’ve been a great race to add because they use bows but of course with a whole different look since they’re just jins with ears and tails. Maybe they could also just add the option to have ears and tails too for the other races.

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 2:41 AM, Akisatu said:

Hyped for UE4 but Archer? Really, an archer? Out of all the martial arts and weapons they go with archer, then again, I think Blade and Soul lost their blades and souls when gunner came out. Why not a class with a spear or Bo or a flippin naginata (which is also kind of a spear) but at least that would make sense.

A naginata is not technically a spear. A spear is a specialized weapon for stabbing and piercing a naginata functions more as a slashing and cutting weapon, tho both a spear and a naginata are polearms