PvP Content in PvE.

Gald

I'd like to first preface this by saying this is just a personal rant to get a few things off my chest,  I'm perfectly fine with being called a terrible player, baddie, git gud ect...I acknowledge I'm not a great player, not by a long shot but this is more about how certain types of content "feel" to me personally. 

If you are going to keep developing content like Tower of Infinity and Outlaw Island could you at least make solo content  actually feel like a actual PvE boss encounter and not a endless cc chain into oblivion.  Give me a fight built around 1 shot mechanics, positioning, dps checks and i-framing rather than being locked into 5-6 second crowd control animations and a endless mount of parrying and resists. 

There is nothing about this that is fun unless you happen to over gear it and can zerg it down in 10 seconds.  Also keep in mind that I'm in no way, shape or form asking for this content to be removed or nerfed, but  every single form of solo content in this game feels like a pvp match against a A.I. that has no cool downs on any of their abilities, nothing about this is even remotely fun and it's frustrating beyond belief.  That pretty much wraps up my rant, this probably won't be well received, but I just needed to vent.

TL;DR: Please add more solo content in this game that feels like PvE.

• Like 1

I guess your definition of PvE is different?

PvE just means you're fighting against NPCs or something of the sort, nothing else.

Even if ToI feels kinda random, the NPCs do have certain reactions to specific happenings and it's your job to figure out how to best beat it.

Also, OI/Hong isnt about cc chains at all (CC is what... every 30s?), its purely about knowing the patterns and knowing how to react to them. 

• Like 1

Well, as far as i can tell everything you want them to make is already in, i mean 1 shot mehanics, positioning, dps checks, i-framing, sometimes the 5-6 sec cc is practically 1shot mechanic that you failed, just doesn't insta-kill you, but you know you f---ed up when you get locked in it ... they just require lil'bit of wiping untill you get used to their rotation and mechanics (i died nearly 80 times on naksun before i manage to kill him, then yunsang broke my nerves due some random changes in rotation from time to time, but still took about 50-60 runs before first blood). And they're still dangerous even when you get gear, for example i can kill yunsang in under 30s but sometimes he still catches me in stunlock while i jump over waves, and then is the cc chain you talk about (wipe with animations). Don't forget this is mmo mortal kombat simulator, so i doubt they'll start putting switches, pressure plates and adds swarms  in solo content. Btw describe your view of pve content, and provide some examples, it'll be easier that way to understand your point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Centhron said:

Well, as far as i can tell everything you want them to make is already in, i mean 1 shot mehanics, positioning, dps checks, i-framing, sometimes the 5-6 sec cc is practically 1shot mechanic that you failed, just doesn't insta-kill you, but you know you f---ed up when you get locked in it ... they just require lil'bit of wiping untill you get used to their rotation and mechanics (i died nearly 80 times on naksun before i manage to kill him, then yunsang broke my nerves due some random changes in rotation from time to time, but still took about 50-60 runs before first blood). And they're still dangerous even when you get gear, for example i can kill yunsang in under 30s but sometimes he still catches me in stunlock while i jump over waves, and then is the cc chain you talk about (wipe with animations). Don't forget this is mmo mortal kombat simulator, so i doubt they'll start putting switches, pressure plates and adds swarms  in solo content. Btw describe your view of pve content, and provide some examples, it'll be easier that way to understand your point.

This was just a vent post I made in the heat of the moment.  After I get some better gear and more experience with the fights I'm sure I'll be fine. 

As far as examples, I guess a hard mode raid boss tuned for 1 person with unforgiving mechanics if you dont execute them properly. 

There might be other content in the game that I'm unaware of that has this, I was really only venting about ToI and OI in particular.  That's all.

Edited by Gald
  • Like 1

Don't give up, mate, once you get the hang of it you'll beat yourself up for every wipe that you did on this "easy" content (i am even ashamed that i even took dmg on things like f20 , though i didn't feel the same way while learning the mechanics :giggle: ). You have Circle of sundering and Den of the ancients waiting for you with lots of new fun ways to die and make the hardware suffer(durability wise)! Also don't forget to try soloing dungeons, almost every one of them has way to be soloed. GL&HF in your endeavours :victory:!

@Gald ToI is not a solo PvE content. ToI is more like PvP against bots.

Solo PvE content (ordered by dificulty, easiest first):

Dreadtide Arena

Mushin Tower Floor 1-8

Mushin Tower Floor 9-15

Mushin Tower Floor 16-20
Outlaw Island

Circle of Sundering

Den of the Ancients

All of this content has bosses with PvE attack patterns (mostly static pattern, sometimes a little randomness) and PvE mechanics tuned for solo player. These dungeons are designed to be challenging for players at the gear level they've been added for. They can be pretty punishing if you are not overgeared so you need to actually learn attack patterns and which of their attacks you can take and which attacks you have to avoid.

On 20. 3. 2019 at 10:02 AM, Gald said:

As far as examples, I guess a hard mode raid boss tuned for 1 person with unforgiving mechanics if you dont execute them properly. 

This will probably never happen. The raid bosses are designed to be challenging by forcing cooperation of multiple players to successfuly execute mechanics. It's basically imposible to tune them down for solo play without turning them into training dummy.