Make earth summoner great again

i wanna die

So alot of people have mained earth summoner because it gives more dps than wind summoner at least before the awakening but i hate it how earth summoner is so useless in battlegrounds where gear counts and it would be expensive to upgrade wind gear just to pvp in battlegrounds cause you need the ring, earring, necklace, fushed badge, vt badge and a different bracelet and yea i know i can switch between accesories when they are stage 10 but what about all the other items? Whats the point in switching between specs at all if you cannot switch more half of your stuff?

why cant earth summoner be like gunner or asassin where both elements work great in pvp..  i feel like it is so unfair to make one build good for pve and another good for pvp so that you have to choose between if you want more dps or if you want more kills in beluga.

and yea yea everyone is going to tell me “oh just main a wind summoner then” but why must the game work in that way where i am forced to play a build for pvp and another buld for pve if i want to do dps or get pvp kills in bg. And yea most of you will say “no one is forcing you” but still would you like it if you loved to play battlegrounds but wasnt very into spending thousands of gold for a new spec just so you could use it only in the battlegrounds and nowhere else? I wouldnt.

i like having dps and i think earth is a fun build but only in pve, in pvp i think wind is more fun but why must it be so extremely expensive to be able to play wind in bg?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, i wanna die said:

So alot of people have mained earth summoner because it gives more dps than wind summoner at least before the awakening but i hate it how earth summoner is so useless in battlegrounds where gear counts and it would be expensive to upgrade wind gear just to pvp in battlegrounds cause you need the ring, earring, necklace, fushed badge, vt badge and a different bracelet and yea i know i can switch between accesories when they are stage 10 but what about all the other items? Whats the point in switching between specs at all if you cannot switch more half of your stuff?

why cant earth summoner be like gunner or asassin where both elements work great in pvp..  i feel like it is so unfair to make one build good for pve and another good for pvp so that you have to choose between if you want more dps or if you want more kills in beluga.

and yea yea everyone is going to tell me “oh just main a wind summoner then” but why must the game work in that way where i am forced to play a build for pvp and another buld for pve if i want to do dps or get pvp kills in bg. And yea most of you will say “no one is forcing you” but still would you like it if you loved to play battlegrounds but wasnt very into spending thousands of gold for a new spec just so you could use it only in the battlegrounds and nowhere else? I wouldnt.

i like having dps and i think earth is a fun build but only in pve, in pvp i think wind is more fun but why must it be so extremely expensive to be able to play wind in bg?

Actually you would only need the badges for wind as elemental damage is worthless in pvp. You would be wearing the pvp ring/earring/neck/belt/gloves etc. So really the only thing you would be switching over to do pvp as wind is badges and spec/ enhancement points. rest of the gear is strictly pvp gear, then of course you would need the pvp soulshield. Also minus badges everything else could be used for earth summoner pvp as well if you wanted to switch back so what exactly is the problem?

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi

7 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Actually you would only need the badges for wind as elemental damage is worthless in pvp. You would be wearing the pvp ring/earring/neck/belt/gloves etc. So really the only thing you would be switching over to do pvp as wind is badges and spec/ enhancement points. rest of the gear is strictly pvp gear, then of course you would need the pvp soulshield. Also minus badges everything else could be used for earth summoner pvp as well if you wanted to switch back so what exactly is the problem?

Uuh you need the bracelet too and that costs lots of gold and mats

Actually i have a much better time and easier being earth in PVP....especially now where you basically get instant overflow and can just spam sunflower left and right.

If you have a hard time as earth summ, you will definetely get slaughtered as wind xD Since wind summ doesnt have roots, their resist is a seperate spec,  the 10% dmg reduction is nice but.....wont help you when they knock you back out of it.....so.....earth summ is still great for pvp.

7 hours ago, i wanna die said:

Uuh you need the bracelet too and that costs lots of gold and mats

Its just part of the gearing process for being able to be the best as you can be at pvp. The cost isn't much really. Events for jewels (110), that way your only paying for breakthroughs and to use the jewels. At least you can get it w/o costing hellion cores unless you don't get it to drop. Gearing was never meant to be done overnight like most seem to think and want to be impatient. Take your time and do it at your own pace and you'll get there. Also to make sure to grind out Moon Refuge if you don't have a pvp soulshield yet for the Ivory set as it will also help you and its pretty cheap moonlight bud wise if you convert the normal chest you get 4 times daily.

You  had your moments. Now your reign of terror is ending.  It was a long time coming. Be grateful you still have your cats.

All jokes aside. Yea  summoners feel...weak now when i face them in 1v1. But I would  be lying if I said i wasn't smiling.

Edited by CastielSeven

16 minutes ago, CastielSeven said:

You  had your moments. Now your reign of terror is ending.  It was a long time coming. Be grateful you still have your cats.

All jokes aside. Yea  summoners feel...weak now when i face them in 1v1. But I would  be lying if I said i wasn't smiling.

i think you must be playign a different game...summon ers with this patch got a very huge buff.

Idk. Summoners got a buff, but so did everyone else. I also agree with first person, wind does more damage in pvp. I main earth summoner as well, and i dread fighting my own class so much because every time they are running wind build. They dps me down faster. I was thinking of switching to wind myself, but i'd still be weak since i wouldn't have all of my gear for it. Plus, i dont even like wind. So i agree with above person on this as well, why does 1 spec not do as well as the other in pvp when other classes have a choice? The server lag/dc in dungeons make it hard for me to even do dailies to grind for this gold to buy the wind build i need.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grimoir said:

i think you must be playign a different game...summon ers with this patch got a very huge buff.

Maybe the summoners i faced simply lack skill or are still getting used to the new skills.  I take back what i said in the last post.