Daily quest gold nerf

i wanna die

Okay im tired of these gold nerfs over and over and over again... all the previous patches i could farm 100g just from the daily quests i take in f8 dungeons but now the reward has been decreased yet again and now making around 40-50g per day... i know that they nerf the gold reward so that there wouldnt be inflation or what its called when gold becomes worthless but at least add some new ways to farm! The gold reward has been nerfed yet again though the prices on upgrades and materials are still the same! How is this good for the economy of the players?

im not a pro on how economy works but decreased income and same price on upgrades/materials/transmutation dont go well together. 

Edited by i wanna die
  • Like 1

They were not only nerf gold, they nerf the material box too, i often get 8-9 sacred orbs and 3 -4 elysa orbs before update from per 10 boxes but now i often get only 2-3 sacred orbs and 1 elysa orb sometime 0 elysa orb,yeah they really curse our economy and i have pointless to do daily quest and even think about quit this shet game now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@i wanna die They add a new way to gain gold with each realeased dungeon (new daily quest which usually rewards more gold than previous one).

Not to mention you have a chance to gain up to 20 gold a day from Moon Refuge which of course is RNG base but normally gives at least 1 5 gold coin. Hell go farm naryu lab. for relics, every 10 relics is a chance at 1 gold from buying the pouch the npc offers outside of the dungeon. Craft for ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ sakes. But with all of that said why do you need so much gold? Nothing in this game says you have to upgrade or hit end game overnight and if you think that way you'll save yourself the trouble by swiping the credit card and buying gold off the exchange for ncoin.

13 minutes ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Referring to Brood Chamber? Mechanic heavy but doable at Aransu 3.

I am referring to people in the f8.
I am at aransu 8 almost aransu 9 and people still kick me because i dont have triangle gems.
The more new the dungeon is the more requirements they ask for.

Edited by Sherry Kaizer

5 minutes ago, Sherry Kaizer said:

I am at aransu 8 almost aransu 9 and people still kick me because i dont have triangle gems.

...make your own party?

Also, I get about 20g per char per day from just doing cold storage (this alone is 12g) and heavens mandate. 

Edited by amokk

3 hours ago, Dlacik said:

@i wanna die They add a new way to gain gold with each realeased dungeon (new daily quest which usually rewards more gold than previous one).

So they nerfed 6 dungeons but another one got released and its supposed to compensate me with the ~50g i loose per day with the new gold nerfs?

you probably dont get more than 10 g from that new dung... i mean if youre gonna nerf gold rewards at least release 5 new dungeons with increased rewards to compensate for that

2 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

Not to mention you have a chance to gain up to 20 gold a day from Moon Refuge which of course is RNG base but normally gives at least 1 5 gold coin. Hell go farm naryu lab. for relics, every 10 relics is a chance at 1 gold from buying the pouch the npc offers outside of the dungeon. Craft for ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ sakes. But with all of that said why do you need so much gold? Nothing in this game says you have to upgrade or hit end game overnight and if you think that way you'll save yourself the trouble by swiping the credit card and buying gold off the exchange for ncoin.

I know but i have tried out the 100g per day farm is the most efficient way to gear up at a decent rate. Oh and with crafting you actually loose money by doing it.

if i am making 50g per day its a too slow gearing rate 

22 hours ago, i wanna die said:

I know but i have tried out the 100g per day farm is the most efficient way to gear up at a decent rate. Oh and with crafting you actually loose money by doing it.

if i am making 50g per day its a too slow gearing rate 

No one says you need to gear up overnight or rush to end game in a month or two, that is why if you feel the need to do that you have trove, or just to buy ncoin / gold off exchange. If you try to compete with whales and their gear progression and aren't willing to swipe some you'll just end up getting burnt out and flustered ending up with you leaving the game.

Soulstone - 25 / at 38 silver = 9.5 gold

MoonStone - 6 / at 4.2 gold = 25.2 gold
Sacred Orb - 25 / at 78 silver = 19.5 gold
Elysian Orb - 6 / at 4.1 gold = 24.6 gold

Total if you would of sold materials as is - 78.8 gold

Chi Flux Stone - 20 gold to craft 3 with same amount of materials - 40.44 gold listing price as of this posting - total when sold will be 121.32 gold. 22.52gold profit with investment deducted.

Long story short, your wrong when it comes to losing money when crafting, the thing is most people are lazy and want to see progression or profit right in front of them right then and there which just won't happen unless you swipe a credit card. Grant it, the profit isn't huge but also keep in mind while it takes time to sell said item you can do that 22.52 gold profit every 12 hrs.

Also, your saying 50 gold is a slow rate, then why not take the time to invest into another alt. character and run dungeons with it as well considering to be honestly the most you need up to Drowning Deeps is Raven 6 or Rift / Dawn 6 in order to run it and have your alts. help fund your main like most of us do. I do most of my alts. everyday just because I have the time to and end up doing @ 60 gold x 5 with each run taking maybe 20-30 mins (most of the time its a steady group of friends so we get things done much quicker and its our daily routine). Not to mention crafting I do with said materials and the new reputation farming I do with min. effort.

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi
spelling

On 3/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, Sherry Kaizer said:

That is them, depending on your other gear you should have no issue running said dungeons as long as you know the mechanics as most of them include wipe mechanics even in normal mode. They probably just wanted a whale to come in to speed things up and felt you wouldn't of did more then enough damage to help the group skip a few mechanics. I don't see why people take that personal. It was their lost for kicking you, find another group or start your own.

Daily:

Cold Storage = 12 Gold

Heavens Mandate = 12 Gold

Master Hong = 13 Gold

Myorang = 18 Gold

Brood Chamber = 17 Gold

Theater = 17 Gold

Shattered Masts = 16 Gold

MSP (stage 3 quest) = 12 Gold

-------------------------------------------

= 117 Gold

Weekly:

Purple Train ~20 Gold?

BT ~70 GOLD

VT ~70 GOld (quest) + 20-30/ rare 100 Gold Field quest per boss + Goldraid depending on loot.

if you can't do anything from the above, gid gud.

Don't waste your time in low dungeons, lean how to play the higher stuff, its not about gear , just play the mech right.

Wasn't really a nerf, was more a shuffling around as the game progresses, SOP really.

HM/CS make up for the gold nerfs from HH -> ST, especially if you add in Moon Refuge. Other than that the solo dungeons weren't affected at all, and MSP is another easy ~13g. I don't even do the harder dungeons (I don't have a ton of time to play) but I still net around ~100g a day.

If they didn't adjust the income appropriately with power creep then there'd be huge inflation and the economy would spiral out of control.

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

Daily:

Cold Storage = 12 Gold

Heavens Mandate = 12 Gold

Master Hong = 13 Gold

Myorang = 18 Gold

Brood Chamber = 17 Gold

Theater = 17 Gold

Shattered Masts = 16 Gold

MSP (stage 3 quest) = 12 Gold

-------------------------------------------

= 117 Gold

Weekly:

Purple Train ~20 Gold?

BT ~70 GOLD

VT ~70 GOld (quest) + 20-30/ rare 100 Gold Field quest per boss + Goldraid depending on loot.

if you can't do anything from the above, gid gud.

Don't waste your time in low dungeons, lean how to play the higher stuff, its not about gear , just play the mech right.

That's the amount of gold us premium members get...not normies

1 hour ago, Vindilud said:

Wasn't really a nerf, was more a shuffling around as the game progresses, SOP really.

HM/CS make up for the gold nerfs from HH -> ST, especially if you add in Moon Refuge. Other than that the solo dungeons weren't affected at all, and MSP is another easy ~13g. I don't even do the harder dungeons (I don't have a ton of time to play) but I still net around ~100g a day.

If they didn't adjust the income appropriately with power creep then there'd be huge inflation and the economy would spiral out of control.

There is no "shuffling around". It's a straight nerf. A straight, mind-numbing, and stupid nerf, when everything costs a damn fortune to enhance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rysa said:

There is no "shuffling around". It's a straight nerf. A straight, mind-numbing, and stupid nerf, when everything costs a damn fortune to enhance

doesnt cost a fortune if you farm your own materials.

To be fair the increase to HM and CS was massive for lower geared players.  I believe for CS you need to have only 400K dps to clear first boss for 12 gold and mats to upgrade your character through unity (super cheap upgradeable options in the beginning).  They drastically cut down the cost to upgrade raven and raised the base line of weapons to at least riftwalk 3.  These changes should increase everyone’s dps at least by a little, heck my alts have even gained some dps.  

So now that you are doing more damage you should be able to clear more content/harder content in the same amount of time.  So is it really a good nerf when there is a rebalancing of speed to beat the dungeon from the new player all the way to the veteran?

There are still plenty of good gold sources out there, and takes a lot less time now.  

• Like 1

I guess this is how they keep players busy. It feels like forcing workers to use spoons for digging the ground when you have bulldozers, but it is probably the normal practice for any successful Korean MMO.

This is one decision of NC i never understand. What is wrong in leaving the dungeon gold in as is.  They somehow like to fix unbroken things while keep the broken stuff broken for long.  and the reduction of enrage time which further unnecessarily add discomfort to players.

• Like 1

i know that they nerf the gold reward so that there wouldnt be inflation or what its called when gold becomes worthless but at least add some new ways to farm!

I wouldn't say it's inflation if they nerf gold rewards; it's more like preventing players from easily buying everything from just about any merchant. If players were able to earn hundreds of gold/ hour through constant grinding or dailies, then the game would be a breeze because you could just buy everything.

However, I agree with you about having new ways to farm @i wanna die. If getting gold from dungeon and daily rewards was nerfed, at least add better methods to farming gold.

Maybe make mobs drop more gold, perhaps drop random items, that way there's an actual market and incentive to kill mobs. It frustrates me as an MMORPG gamer that mobs drop the same items over and over, and they aren't worth anything.

Or maybe, have events where gold drops are increased, or even doubled from rewards; that'll also incentivize and help players get more gold for their needs.

• Like 1

I guess this is how they keep players busy. It feels like forcing workers to use spoons for digging the ground when you have bulldozers, but it is probably the normal practice for any successful Korean MMO.

Actually, a lot of gaming industries tend to cheap players off by making changes like this, not just Korean game industries. It's a cutthroat business, and all industries are out to make money. They'll find ways to psychologically-force you to buy their in-game currency and use it to buy horribly-, but intentionally-, designed items that are priced and marketed the way they are to make money.

But, while these changes are hidden attempts at forcing players to buy NCoin to purchase in-game gold off the Currency Exchange (given how bad farming gold is in this game), that's the nature of F2P games. If a company releases a F2P game, they have to make money off of something, and microtransactions is the best way to do it. For NCSOFT, how they do it is to shape, design, and program in-game mechanics differently that favors the company financially.

Nerf xp gains, then you can make a subscription that allows players to earn double the xp, encouraging them to spend if it's faster for them. Nerf gold drops, especially from the mobs, dungeon rewards, and dailies, then you make a new system (Currency Exchange) that uses payable currency to exchange for in-game gold, and players will technically "buy" their gold.

I don't want to say NCSOFT is feeding off player impatience entirely, but they sort-of are. The company also understands that by making things harder, they could take advantage of player impatience and make their game P2W, but I wouldn't stretch that this game is wholly P2W, unless you only PvP in this game, which in that case, it is P2W.

NCSOFT is just being smart, but real jerks, about their consumer markets, and it's continuing to hurt them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bakuzan said:

what? last time i checked, shattered masts gave like, 2g for the 3 quests combined

Schattengischt,

dont know whats it called in English, that dungeon with the fat Pirate Fishboss.