[Suggestion] Unity xp daily cap => weekly cap

Javice

Yo,

So with last big patch we got the unity system

Atm we have to farm 220k unity xp every day to hit the cap, wich isnt done in just an hour ....

We all have (a) day(s) we cant play that much, and if the maintenance on a wednesday gets extended alot, its pretty hard to get the daily cap

For example i work weekendshifts, so saturday (somtimes sunday to)  i have very little time to play, atm im saving weekly challenge,  BT, VT and TT quests to cover this ... but that wouldnt help on wednesday extended maintenances

I would suggest to make the 220k daily cap to become a 220k x 7 = 1540k  weekly cap.

This would give us more breathing space, if we have a day we cant play alot, we can still get the xp another day

• NCSOFT

Well the whole idea of having a daily cap is to incentivise players to log on and be active daily. Making that cap weekly would defeat the purpose. Sure there are days where people cannot play but that's the same for pretty much everyone in the end, you will just miss your Unity for that day. The very same happen with any activity that resets on a daily basis.

then the unity daily xp cap should become easier to get. 

With that i mean, i should be able to get the cap with 1 character wich i just cant atm. there are not enough dungeon to get enough xp.

I need to do daily challenge on 3 more alts in order to get the cap +on main i do DC and almost all dungeons DST - > EL + outlaw + hong + den.

Thats just to much imo, DC + all group and solo dungeons on 1 character should be enough for the cap

You get people burned out with current unity xp system, this is how you lose people, doing the same 4 times / day is to much

1 hour ago, Youmukon said:

The very same happen with any activity that resets on a daily basis.

sure, can you tell me another activity that reset on a daily basis that takes 5+ hours to complete ?

its just takes to much time to be a daily activity imo

Edited by Javice

• NCSOFT

Nobody is forcing you to reach the cap literally everyday. The most dedicated players will, but that shouldn't be everyone. The system wasn't designed to allow just about everyone to easily reach the cap daily but instead to reward the most active players. You may not reach the cap daily and that's perfectly fine, instead of just thinking about the Unity system as a task you must complete no matter what, focus on playing the game as you would normally and increase Unity along the way. Eventually you'll reach the cap.

The Unity system has been designed with long term goal in mind, we will re-assess it as time goes by but as it currently stands the Daily Cap isn't going to change.

1 hour ago, Javice said:

then the unity daily xp cap should become easier to get. 

With that i mean, i should be able to get the cap with 1 character wich i just cant atm. there are not enough dungeon to get enough xp.

I need to do daily challenge on 3 more alts in order to get the cap +on main i do DC and almost all dungeons DST - > EL + outlaw + hong + den.

Thats just to much imo, DC + all group and solo dungeons on 1 character should be enough for the cap

You get people burned out with current unity xp system, this is how you lose people, doing the same 4 times / day is to much

sure, can you tell me another activity that reset on a daily basis that takes 5+ hours to complete ?

its just takes to much time to be a daily activity imo

While at the same time it is also a system for you to do as you do your normal routine. Nothing says you need to reach the cap daily. With that said I'm working on Unity Rank 28. More characters / time you have will allow you to reach cap every day but honestly seeing how the stones obtained only effect the character it is obtained on / used on, just play at your own pace and work on it.

8 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

The Unity system has been designed with long term goal in mind, we will re-assess it as time goes by but as it currently stands the Daily Cap isn't going to change.

and now here is another issue: ANOTHER long term goal, this needs to STOP

we already have :

* soul

* pet

* HM levels

* gems

* awakend soul badge

* awakend badge

new in patch :

* talisman

* unity levels

* unity stones

These long term upgrades need to STOP, we have more long term upgrades then normal upgrades by now

And please ..... from what ive heard even on KR version they have not hit max level yet and they have this patch much longer already.

From what we can see, lvl 120 wont be the cap, with the extra gems slots to be released later, more lvls will come in future patches, not getting the daily cap every day will put you to much behind

• NCSOFT

I just fail to understand your reasoning when you state "put you too much behind". Either it's too long/tedious to reach the cap everyday, but in that case it is for nearly all players therefore you won't be behind since almost nobody will reach the cap everyday anyway. Either it's not and in that case the system doesn't require any changes.

It cannot be both at the same time. Hence my original reply: we will assess how players are progressing through the Unity system and make adjustments in the future if required, but as it stands (meaning today) there won't be any change. I understand that this system may not suit your schedule and/or play-style but we cannot adjust an entire system just because of individual feedback on the matter. We are collecting data on how players are engaging with various content in Blade & Soul and the Unity System is no exception, your feedback is directing us where to look but ultimately what will weigh the most in decision making are factual metrics and I hope that you understand that (again even if this may not go in the direction that you want.)

and i fail to understand that you call this a daily activity but almost no1 can reach the daily cap every day cause it takes to muc htime to do

but w/e, just close this topic, might aswell talk to a wall, same effect

Edited by Javice

35 minutes ago, Javice said:

and now here is another issue: ANOTHER long term goal, this needs to STOPwe alredy have :

* soul

* pet

* HM levels

* gems

* awakend soul badge

* awakend badge

new in patch :

* talisman

* unity levels

* unity stones

These long term upgrades need to STOP, we have more long term upgrades then normal upgrades by now

And please ..... from what ive heard even on KR version they have not hit max level yet and they have this patch much longer already.

From what we can see, lvl 120 wont be the cap, with the extra gems slots to be released later, more lvls will come in future patches, not getting the daily cap every day will put you to much behind

I wouldnt really call soul and badges a long term thing.....since all they really require is grind, which are not really limited in.

Pet / talisman ok i would call it long-term but only because getting all the bloodstones for the pet packs takes some time.

You are not limited in material farming and Grace stone farming however. And you dont even really need to max them to stage 8 since even without it they already give a good boost and having them maxed is a nice to have not a requirement blocking you from any content.

Unity is different, you have a daily limit, doesnt matter what you do oyu are limited per day thats why it fits the long term perfectly fine because you will get it as you play, you dont need to focus on it directly. Same with the stones, as you do your dailies of HM / CS you will get them.

6 minutes ago, Javice said:

and i fail to understand that you call this a daily activity but almost no1 can reach the daily cap every day cause it takes to muc htime to do

What he means is that reaching teh daily cap is not a must or a goal. the cap is made so that if you count up all dailies and the fame you get from challenges to not instantly max you out. That way you are rewarded with fame for dynamic quests when you re-run dungeons and farm them.

See the unity as a "extra nice to have" as you just play the game and not as a "i need it right now and need to max it" type of thing.

What good would it bring you to be unity 90 now but not have materials or stones to use it efficiently?

I actually gained1,5 unity levels by farming brood chamber because i need scales, and the fame from the dynamic is jsut stacking up.

Edited by Grimoir

8 minutes ago, Javice said:

I can to be honest with you, while yes it takes a bit of time, some players can. Takes 3 quests for daily challenge (nothing says you have to do a purple train or hard stuff to finish it) and do that on roughly 9 characters and you have just reached the cap since you also get extra reputation from the quests and 22,000 from daily challenge. Even if they raise it to weekly, you will still fail to reach that amount as you lose access to being able to obtain the daily challenge 22,000 xp towards making you only able to obtain it once per character a week. If they made it weekly that is 1,540,000 xp you would need to gain over the course of the week unless the total was adjusted which ins't possible to reach cap with even if you played all day for a few days and had 11 characters. Either way you wouldn't reach cap.

Don't play Korean games if you don't like grinds. Pretty simple.

Edited by Kitsune Takahashi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrindiX said:

You don't understand how ncsoft works, they need to milk the whales with every patch, that's how the money rakes in and not by actually trying to attract more players to the game.

I fail to see how a limit on unity exp applied to everyoine equally is milking whales xD or has anything to do with that xd

21 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I fail to see how a limit on unity exp applied to everyoine equally is milking whales xD or has anything to do with that xd

just wait, it wont be long now before xp reset charms will appear in F10, or unity xp charms

59 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You fail to see alot of things cause you simply don't want to. You literally quoted the guy 2 posts above with all the things that are milking the players but keep staying ignorant and keep enjoying ur gold nerfs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrindiX said:

You fail to see alot of things cause you simply don't want to. You literally quoted the guy 2 posts above with all the things that are milking the players but keep staying ignorant and keep enjoying ur gold nerfs.

I dotn really care about dungeon gold nerfs cause i earn my gold by all the other ways that are available in game :) that still doesnt answer how unity is p2w , because it clearly isnt

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I dotn really care about dungeon gold nerfs cause i earn my gold by all the other ways that are available in game :) that still doesnt answer how unity is p2w , because it clearly isnt

Don't start putting words in my mouth. I said they are milking the whales with every patch they introduce a new item that takes an absurd cost to max out which in most cases you dont need it maxed obvsly but that's not the point. Ncsoft are more focused on dishing out those patches with new items to milk the whales instead of focusing on creating a better overall experience for current and newer players.

And your continued white knighting isn't helping any of the player base either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrindiX said:

Don't start putting words in my mouth. I said they are milking the whales with every patch they introduce a new item that takes an absurd cost to max out which in most cases you dont need it maxed obvsly but that's not the point. Ncsoft are more focused on dishing out those patches with new items to milk the whales instead of focusing on creating a better overall experience for current and newer players.

And your continued white knighting isn't helping any of the player base either.

Well you said it in general. So i just asked about unity. Talisman i totally agree with you is jsut absurd. But unity nope ^^

I couldn't care less about the daily cap as to me this system can literally have no investment into it and still gain stats, I mean heck you dont even need to buy stones for it if you were so inclined. 

To me this system is more of a gradual reward for playing the game rather then something that needs to maxed asap (which btw it doesnt need to be if you gear your characters right anyway), as long as I can continue getting the ranks slowly but surely I'm cool woth it

5 hours ago, Youmukon said:

I just fail to understand your reasoning when you state "put you too much behind". Either it's too long/tedious to reach the cap everyday, but in that case it is for nearly all players therefore you won't be behind since almost nobody will reach the cap everyday anyway. Either it's not and in that case the system doesn't require any changes.

It cannot be both at the same time. Hence my original reply: we will assess how players are progressing through the Unity system and make adjustments in the future if required, but as it stands (meaning today) there won't be any change. I understand that this system may not suit your schedule and/or play-style but we cannot adjust an entire system just because of individual feedback on the matter. We are collecting data on how players are engaging with various content in Blade & Soul and the Unity System is no exception, your feedback is directing us where to look but ultimately what will weigh the most in decision making are factual metrics and I hope that you understand that (again even if this may not go in the direction that you want.)

I do understand the daily part and it's fine, however weekly/raid quests shouldn't count toward it. My static gathers in one day and does everything and that puts us over the cap = wasted resources and that doesn't feel good. Or doing multiple alt weeklies during a free day also sucks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozonek said:

I do understand the daily part and it's fine, however weekly/raid quests shouldn't count toward it. My static gathers in one day and does everything and that puts us over the cap = wasted resources and that doesn't feel good. Or doing multiple alt weeklies during a free day also sucks. 

So let me get this straight, you want weeklies to not count towards daily unity cap because u do alot of weeklies in 1 day and cap out rly fast?

7 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Well a suggestion that I would like to see implemented is to move the rewards from the unity system to the achievement system so that it would reward the players with already earned achievement points, the players that return to the game with their already obtained achievement points and the new players obtaining achievements as the go along the story.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Unity System is currently locked by Heaven's Mandate, Cold Storage, and TROVE

Heaven's Mandate and Cold Storage are locked by TROVE because they nuked all our orbs

Heaven's Mandate and Cold Storage can also be reset, via Ncoins

Are you really this dense?

CS isn't locked, you can do boss1 which gives you the same access to the vendor everyone has. Your statement is asinine at best. I bought 4 orbs off Trove, the rest I used other players orbs so I could do dailies. The system is fine, I don't care for the convoluted evo system.