schupunk

cold storage, my orb my loot, does this mean winter mane's loot + kaari's loot? or just kaari's loot?

Recommended Posts

schupunk   

when they say, cold storage, my orb my loot, does this mean winter mane's loot + kaari's loot? or just kaari's loot?

 

winter mane's loot + kaari's loot are so good then who wants to use the orb on heaven's mandate?

 

it is logical to me, since the orb only opens the kaari, loot should be limited to kaari's. and free bid for winter's mane's loot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

I agree, winter mane doesnt require orb or any entrace item so loot is free for bid, thats logical and makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Common courtesy would have it that only that which you provide for the dgn (i.e. orb) allow you to claim the loot.  In other words the first boss in CS doesn't require an orb to spawn so they are not strictly entitled to the loot without bidding.  They should not expect to get the loot for free.  After all they could just exit after the first boss without using their orb leaving everyone else in the lurch.  But when it comes to the second boss it's different.  Having said this, some people are less than courteous and will bid on the second boss as well without seeing any problem with it.  That is where the block list and faction chat come in handy.  If someone announces that so and so is engaging in this type of behavior I'll generally block them.  Better safe than sorry.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
20 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

 Common courtesy would have it that only that which you provide for the dgn (i.e. orb) allow you to claim the loot.  In other words the first boss in CS doesn't require an orb to spawn so they are not strictly entitled to the loot without bidding.  They should not expect to get the loot for free.  After all they could just exit after the first boss without using their orb leaving everyone else in the lurch.  But when it comes to the second boss it's different.  Having said this, some people are less than courteous and will bid on the second boss as well without seeing any problem with it.  That is where the block list and faction chat come in handy.  If someone announces that so and so is engaging in this type of behavior I'll generally block them.  Better safe than sorry.   

How do you go about orb vs loot worth? For example, you use an orb on kari lord and a heptagonal gem ticket drops which everyone very likely needs. what would you say then? Or if a pet pack drops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mekun   
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

How do you go about orb vs loot worth? For example, you use an orb on kari lord and a heptagonal gem ticket drops which everyone very likely needs. what would you say then? Or if a pet pack drops?

Not your loot if you didnt use an orb. Thats the way the cookie crumble dont be greedy. If you want the loot use your own orb.

Edited by Mekun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   

Ive seen a few "MOML both bosses", in that case if i join im agreeing to their terms, so i dont bid on either. If not i usually assume its just for Kaari, but ive seen people telling other party memembers to not bid for a hepta ticket that drop on 1st boss because "moml" (wasnt even the orb owner saying it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Ive seen a few "MOML both bosses", in that case if i join im agreeing to their terms, so i dont bid on either. If not i usually assume its just for Kaari, but ive seen people telling other party memembers to not bid for a hepta ticket that drop on 1st boss because "moml" (wasnt even the orb owner saying it).

Personally would never join a party advertising both moml.  They didn't spawn the first boss so they have to bid like everyone else.  The second boss is different.  Irrelevant of value of the loot or your personal need.  They are providing you access to the second boss and the default reward.  The loot is theirs.  You wouldn't even get into the instance without their orb.  You would get nothing.  Nada.  Exit to lobby.   

Edited by Deadly Intent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schupunk   
Posted (edited)

>cold storage, my orb my loot,

 

this is also logical, vague as it may seem but cold storage contains 2 bosses by definition. therefore "CS MOML both bosses" is a  redundant statement.

if i agree to join then i must abide.

 

too bad, who wants to use the orb on heaven's mandate,

because I ran 40 winter mane's and 10 kaari's and i saw 7 hepta tickets

I ran 15 HM's and i didnt see anything valuble.

 

---------------------

edited

ok, HM also drops a hepta ticket, i saw it today.    1 hepta / 18 HM runs

Edited by schupunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MOML means the entire loot table is theirs and theirs alone unless they state otherwise (both bosses). This is the standard as it has always been in the past. They are putting their orb on the line if you don't like it host your own (Seriously a lot of us could just solo the boss fast, but we'd rather let people get their extra dynamic in). Personally im glad when someone tries to bid on loot it saves me an orb that day by simply leaving. 

Edited by Crickateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schupunk   

>crikateer

then why dont you declare  "I have an orb" after the 1st boss is dead.  why using the definition of CS as a whole?

who will ever use the orb for HM for 1 bundle of drops while you can get 2 bundles of drops in CS.

 

however all is ok, if i do the same and all follows the same set of rules, CS means CS both bosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, schupunk said:

>crikateer

then why dont you declare  "I have an orb" after the 1st boss is dead.  why using the definition of CS as a whole?

who will ever use the orb for HM for 1 bundle of drops while you can get 2 bundles of drops in CS.

 

however all is ok, if i do the same and all follows the same set of rules, CS means CS both bosses.

Because thats redundant. Its a standard that MOML means both bosses for CS its been like this even when white orb events were a thing. Anyone who bids on boss one loot is just ignorant thats why the vast majority of players pass. If I were to join your MOML dungeon I would gladly pass up all the loot for the extra dynamic because it is expected (as I have done in the past myself and you're getting an extra dynamic that day thanks to said orb user...). The easiest way to do loot is to just pay attention, if the orb user bids on it, pass on it. If the orb user passes on a certain piece of loot then its a free bid war for the certain piece of loot (e.g. scales/scale fragments).

Edited by Crickateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schupunk   
1 hour ago, Crickateer said:

Its a standard that MOML means both bosses for CS its been like this

this depends, i never seen this ads in the F8's battleground windows in the past, or it seldem happened, i dont remember.

except for getting 1 event token from kaari many months ago,

anyway, in the past, winter mane's reward  was ok and its dynamic XP reward was bad for me,

even getting 1 event token from the kaari's XP reward was not good, so i never did this.

 

violation of agreement goes both way,

you take all mats and you leave, then they are ruined.

you use the orb, they bid, then you are ruined.

 

since i was new to the idea of CS MOML, i needed to find where my position was.

use the orbs on CS only, the same way that you do, and sell each orb shard for around 10 golds.

soon later... we will stare at the F8's battleground window for an hour to find the one who can provide the orb in HM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually violation of the agreement is just a one way thing. Its simple if people keep trying to steal loot everyone will just start soloing CS (both bosses) and then everyone w/o an orb will suffer from not getting their extra daily dynamic in. The whole point the standard was originally put in was specifically to allow other players get an extra dynamic in that day by being nice and letting them join your party. Also MOML has been a thing for a very long time so its likely you haven't seen it because you're still new to the game or you weren't there for other events that added the 2nd boss dynamic loot with event tokens back when white orbs were a thing (Which is where MOML posts were extremely common). 

 

As far as HM orb usage goes I have no idea why people act like this is a rare thing. If you even glance at f8 HM MOML is extremely common this is because people want the daily done for that as well because it gives useful things including lots of unity rep points and gold. This is just false information spreading at this point if people say HM MOML are rare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garlend   
40 minutes ago, Crickateer said:

 Its simple if people keep trying to steal loot everyone will just start soloing CS (both bosses) and then everyone w/o an orb will suffer from not getting their extra daily dynamic in.

You can't solo those bosses anymore. They have a lot more hp then before and a enrage timer.

 

It has always been moml for karri only. I never seen a both bosses for cs and if I did I would not join.

 

HM is different since you need a orb to get to the boss like karri hence gambling the orb for a chance at good loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Garlend said:

You can't solo those bosses anymore. They have a lot more hp then before and a enrage timer.

 

It has always been moml for karri only. I never seen a both bosses for cs and if I did I would not join.

 

HM is different since you need a orb to get to the boss like karri hence gambling the orb for a chance at good loot.

You can solo the bosses. I have done it myself many times. If you aren't geared sure you can't, but hell today if you have tt accessories + at least aransu 9 with decked out accessories and at least true cosmic soul they are a joke. It has been MOML for all the bosses as well not just karri. Thats just not true to state otherwise its the standard. Why do you think chat explodes when people try to steal loot? Lol its common courtesy to the orb user as a thank you to let them have everything they want

Edited by Crickateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Granger   

Then go solo them alone. Demanding both bosses loot is unreasonable because the orb only gives access to Kaari, therefore moml applies only to Kaari.

 

 

Claiming otherwise is being deceitful and greedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its not deceitful if its the standard (The standard means its widely known and expected, in this case its widely known and expected that the orb user gets everything they desire for that run because they are supplying a free dynamic to the party). Its expected that the orb user gets all the loot. Claiming otherwise is just being ignorant. As far as greed goes that can be argued both ways as well as the orb user is giving you the free dynamic when they don't have to yet you are greedy enough to try and take loot from them. 

 

Go ahead and take the loot though you're just making high geared players solo that content more making it harder for low geared players to get their carry/daily done for the day. 

Edited by Crickateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually more widely accepted that orb user only gets Kaari loot.  I rarely ever run in to someone who expects Frostmane's loot on top of Kaari's for their orb.  I'd say maybe 1 in 10 runs the person wants both?  Pretty sure the only ppl spouting that it's "widely accepted" that orb user gets both belong to the minority who expect to get both out of greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We normally go 4 moml runs with members of our clan. Due to randoms biding on our Loot, we just try to avoid going in with F8.

 

But imo moml means u can take all the loot from Kaari. SO frostmane is free4all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schupunk   

>imo moml, i have no idea what imo means.

 

people always say CS moml, can you define CS? it is vague but it is still defined with 2 bosses in it.

kaari moml, it is obvious, winter mane's bid is free, but kaari is not, and no one uses the line.

cs moml,  two defined bosses and they both are not free.

 

> in the past winter mane's dynamic XP reward and kaari's XP reward were not good for me, so i never did kaari except for 2 times and i never claimed mane's reward. i didnt want to be lvl 20 without gears.

 

a lot of HM moml's today because we still have free orbs. see when they are not given anymore. and I already switched to opening CS only for 2 bundles of drops.

 

if CS moml means mane is free and kaari is not free, keep it this way, i will bid on other's mane and i expect others to bid on my mane

if CS moml means mane is not free and kaari is not free, keep it this way, i will not bid on other's mane and i expect others not to bid on my mane.

 

but maybe it is too late to change, i didnt bid on other's winter manes for 8 times already.  people make up your mind fast, i will follow your rules, it is still not TOO late for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nanology   

First boss of CS should be free bid as the orb only offers access to the second boss. Anyone has the ability to complete the daily without needing an orb. What I have seen however, is that most parties allow the orb user to take the items from first boss as well. I assume it’s because they are just happy to get carried through the dungeon and have access to the second boss which contains the event items. There are many low geared players or alts that may not be interested in bidding and just want their daily and dynamics for the event. It's nice if they pass, but not necessary. There is nothing wrong with bidding on the items from the first boss; the player providing the orb should not expect to get those items for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schupunk   

>First boss of CS should be free

I think so too, 1st 5 days of CS runs with 8 toons, i did 40 manes and 10 kaaris, i hardly did kaaris because i chose "LEP", so i tried to learn CS MOML, i found things odd. no matter whatever the angles i looked at, a simple word "CS" was defined with two booses.  fine! i adapt this. i will not bid your manes and you will not bid my manes. if everyone does this way, no one loses in an one rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 19.03.2019 at 4:54 AM, Crickateer said:

MOML means the entire loot table is theirs and theirs alone unless they state otherwise (both bosses). This is the standard as it has always been in the past. They are putting their orb on the line if you don't like it host your own (Seriously a lot of us could just solo the boss fast, but we'd rather let people get their extra dynamic in). Personally im glad when someone tries to bid on loot it saves me an orb that day by simply leaving. 

I'm doing the same as you. It always was the case in KR servers and NOONE ever had any problem with this. Pass on all loot from both bosses, you are getting "boosted/free entry". Loot from CS is usualy crap anyway, and since we are allowed to sell orb shards on the market, there will be much more runs like this in the future. Saw Gem ticket from 2nd boss only once, while on the 1st boss it drops like every 5-6 runs for my alts.

I wont bother using orb for just half of loot. Its better to just sell it on the market. So if you dont like MOML rule, use lfp and do just one boss, bid on one extra feather and be happy. Oh, and miss on 2nd boss dynamic reward with event coins :P

Dont make your own "MOML for 2nd boss only" rule, since it never was like this in the past guys.

Edited by Madscream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

This is why the best option is still to solo or go in with friends cause you dont have the drama, you dont have the complaints....and if you solo....they free loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now