Ltspidy

KFM feels awful to play now

Ltspidy   

I've been playing BnS since it's launch and immediately fell in love with KFM, the first class I ever played and my main. I loved animation canceling and I loved all the different types of combos we could do. After the update, the class just doesn't feel the same to me. It feels so dumbed down, slow, boring, and the combos feel limited. I might make an update post after I get more experience and get my thoughts sorted out since I don't really know what I'm doing anymore, but so far I really feel like crying (not exaggerating). I'm thinking about quitting the game. To all the other KFM's out there, what do you guys think of the changes? Please let me know. :shy:

Well, trying it out originally, I was a bit confused and annoyed... this is mainly for Wind (kick) KFM, as it's my jam =p

After a cursory check of the character, it appears that they swapped the places of Swift Strike (2) and Leading Palm (RMB) and have taken out all of the different stages of Searing Palm (now only having 1 stage rather than 4). Also, Comet Strike can also proc Searing Palm (4) now as well as Hellfire Kick (x) and Tremor (v) has been changed to another skill entirely, doing a damaging AoE. It also appears that, in order to get those Cyclone Kick (f) procs and to maintain focus, you pretty much need to do the old 2>L>F combo (now made L>R>F or R>L>F, can't recall entirely) which is a little bit more comfortable to do.

One advantage to a lot of this is the simplified combat controls. Since simple combat is on RMB, old KFM builds couldn't use it well, since RMB was one of our main approach skills. With this change, simple combat is on RMB, 2 is now approach and all simple combat does is the basic 3-hit combo. You still need to use Tab, X and V skills to activate them in combat, but with the simple combat on, you don't have to worry as much about doing your main combo. Just hit skills as you go and RMB in between.

To be fair, this is from what I can tell from a first impression... and I still don't know much about fire (punch) yet... but overall, I find it takes out a lot of the micro managing of skills, which can be more of a hindrance than anything else.

Still need to look at some things, though later. Would be nice if there was some info online anywhere (having a hard time doing research right now)

Ltspidy   

Yeah so the current wind build is really confusing since it's completely messing with my muscle memory. My wind build dps is abysmal, around 60% of my old dps and I don't know what I'm doing. I tried switching over to fire, which felt really weird but still similar to the old fire and my dps is actually way higher than before, and more than twice my current wind dps. I never found fire as fun as wind, but I think I'll switch over to fire for now because it's not too bad. My main problem with fire is that 2 looks weird, and it's not as fun as the old wind.

Part of the problem with the current wind is how cluncky it feel. For example, before a simple combo like r2 r2 that you learn at the start of the game is now just hold lmb (r), and you can't animation cancel it. You can't do the r2rf or 2rf since cyclone kick (f) can now only be used after a rmb, and because of how cluncky rmb is. You can try to substitute the f with rmb but it's a really slow rotation and low dps. Current combo is something along the lines of just rmb and lmb, while throwing in searing palms and cyclone kick on cd or whatever but I'm not too sure since my dps is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. It's also very boring to just rmb lmb rmb lmb and tedious to micromanage all the stuff like you said.

Yeah, like I said, one thing you can do to bypass the headaches of your muscle memory is to just turn on simple combat. The animation cancel combo seems to be all simple combat does for you, meaning you just need to maintain the other skills on your own in between holding down RMB. I haven't had a chance to get to lv 60 yet, however and see how things improve with the enhanceable skills, but we'll see.

Akisatu   

KFM does feel off for me too. I dont know what it is but after running the daily dungeons after patch and hitting 60, my damage has dropped by half and I have no idea why (Wind KFM btw) I was able to sustain around 550k yet after patch I can barely hit 300k dps. 

Some one who knows the ins and outs of Awakened patch kfm builds please send help. I dont recoginze my class anymore

Have you seen BM yet?
Our C skill does not longer CC or Dash anymore.
Five point strike does not Daze or Aerial anymore.
LMB is the combo (bad one) not the ranged aoe skill one. Since RMB can trigger dragon fulmination move why should it be on LMB too? ? ?
Also we cannot press Block and RMB after in pvp because it triggers treat skill. . . .
Huge nerf.

Lianako   

Seems theres quite a few classes that became weird and unfun to play.
Soul Fighter for me became a dead class personally, removal of the normal heal at 30s cd(from what i can tell at least?)
The fact we lost our double air combo means we lost a reliable damage source in the kit there for pvp, which leaves us with a meh kit for pvp that can't follow up with damage on CCs.

Could rant more but what i'm trying to say is, probaby most of the players got their class ruined for them because it's weird, things got moved and some of us likely have no idea on what to do with the new things in PvE/PvP.

So I suppose it's about time to hit a dummy again to figure out how things work now.

2 hours ago, Sherry Kaizer said:

Also we cannot press Block and RMB after in pvp because it triggers treat skill. . . .
Huge nerf.

You can disable that skill, that has been a feature for a while now. Open your skill page, close the Talent Tab, uncheck the "see enhanced skills" or whatever and then search for that skill, uncheck it, done. 

My biggest gripes with current KFM, as someone who literally only plays arena, are:

- They added animation locks everywhere, we can't even use our movement skills Q/E/SS when we're blocking. They also removed the 2s Stun and Daze immunity on block, okay

- No 2RF which is basically what made this class as fun as it was

- The removal of Wind Fist makes the Sin matchup as cancerous as it was back on Day 1

- Iron Shoulder is garbage now, takes like 2 seconds to hit, it takes so long in fact that your block's immunity wears off by the time it hits

- Wind can't even take the Stun Searing Palm

- I have no idea why they thought messing with everyone's muscle memory again was a good idea by swapping 2 and RMB on Wind KFM, especially when Fire remains the same as before in that regard

- Who the hell thought it was necessary to move aerial skills to the same button ? 

The rest of the changes are pretty much trades, some good stuff (the evades overall, pull V etc) and some bad stuff (no 4 CC, resist nerfed on Q/E etc) so I guess it's alright in a sense.

Gotta get used to it I guess, I hope the 3rd spec will be nice because right now I don't enjoy my KFM much even if it's arguably stronger than before comparatively to other classes.

Poporo   

I also don't like KFM now. The main word - "ridiculous". Its battle mechanic looks so ridiculous right now. Especially fire. Fire looked ridiculous before but now they doubled the effect and wind was looking so cool, now - nope. Really...I don't know why to change it. I didn't like my BM much either, but KFM...jeee...they basically bury the class. What people used to say while playing KFM, that it's fun, now it's so silly, clumsy and NOT cool at all, like nothing cool in those movemens now. I don't play BnS much for loong loong looong time but the KFM now...yep not gonna log in on it at all :D That ridiculous Hulk isn't KFM, too embarassing to look at this.

Edited by Poporo

By the way can any other KFM confirm or ideally bother to test whether this:

... is indeed a bug or if it's just me/I'm missing something ?