Heaven’s Mandate & Cold Storage Antique Items

Cyan

On 3/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, Cyan said:

Hello everyone,

As you have notice there’s some items that are showing up in the Sell Antique window for 1 Copper each. This is unfortunately by design and will not be changing. Due to testing complications for these items on our internal servers, and a miscommunication with the development team, we thought these items would be exchanged for their new equivalents. This was not the case as we confirmed earlier today. We apologize for the inconvenience and will make every effort to ensure this won’t happen again in the future.

Thank you.

atleast put some otherway in for us to get ascension orbs,or shard atleast, u need 2 per day , but u can only get 1/6 per day, even if u group up local and collect shards u can only make 1 per day , which still 1 short. even with weeklies u only have 10 shard per week. and we cant even collect shards through f8. how is it even posible

huh? still playing dead? 

before this patch came out you had been really responsive and communicated a lot on twitter.

and I guess you have just fired yourself from the job. 

did your parents teach you how to lie and hide from the aftermath? 

shame on you and them!

Funny how NC decides to antique the essential items to do the EVENT with. But hey! At least I get to slack for another event :D:

Have to say, the game's great and all even up to this day in my opinion that is,

but the way the management and communication is....

You guys need to work A LOT on that, no joke and i'm not even mentioning this case alone, but healthy amount of other things too that happened within past 3 years. 

This is just bad on NCSOFTs part. Made it really clear that they dont care about their player community. to repeatedly tell us that old items will be switched to the new items and it doesnt happen. leaving the community holding items that we cant even use and forcing us to farm again for something they broke themselves. this is a big slap to the face. I normally spend roughly $300-500 on trove to support this game, but after this stunt im no longer doing that. Im sure there is going to be another person to take my place in spending money, but they couldve had my money too as well. not going to support a game that treats its players like garbage.

The really sad and annoying part of it is that it has happened so many times before. 

Like the whole radiant energy fiasco. The player base got really screwed over with that. Just like with this, the antiqued items were in the store days before the patch. People spent real life funds on it.  Conversion promises made.....  community got ripped off. 

But, it was promised, oh we will do better.  There won't be more miscommunications, we will confer more with the devs and the KR team. We will be more transparent with the player base. This won't happen again.

Instead of getting better, it seems like is it constantly getting worse.  The same problems keep arising.  False apologies given, promises of getting better.....   rinse and repeat.

Edited by SnugglesFairie

Tbh korea devs might have nothing to do with it.Why? Answer is simple. TW version in example is different. They still have radiant energies. Things like hongmoon gem powder don't exist there. They have 4 RNG boxes to choose from. Another legendary weapon path which starts at level 45. 

Game differs from region to region. NCWEST can change some things in game. Orbs of ascension or them being only from DC and Weeklies might be team bloodlust idea...

I lost about 130 Spirit Stones or whatever those were to this.

I'm not like, hopping mad or anything. But I kinda want those back.

and it's really hard to find mandate/cs groups now since no one has orbs.

Which ruins the event since we're supposed to be doing mandate/cs every day

Kinda sorta a big mess.

That said, really don't like seeing the CMs getting dragged this hard.

It was a really really really bad mistake and their first week without a couple people who used to handle a lot of things behind the scenes. I don't believe for a second that they intentionally lied. One look at NCWests employee reviews shows you easily that CMs are pretty much just the talking punching bags. They can only do so much. They sat there that day and did their jobs, and their job was to read off a list of things that were supposed to be in the patch. So I'm not at all annoyed by any of the CMs. It's the higher ups who just arent paying attention well enough. Well, them and whoever was supposed to be double-triple checking every single thing in the game before putting it up. but primarily, whoever created the patch. and to my understanding, NCWest does not create the patches, they just get them from KR. Whatever the case is, CMs sweeties, you did your best. This is a pretty bad oops but you can fix it by giving them/us our items back. If you can't do that, then well, yikes. Remember to bring an aspirin to work for the next month or so.
But also, please tell KR that this is a disaster, thanks.

On 13.3.2019 at 9:20 PM, Cyan said:

We apologize for the inconvenience and will make every effort to ensure this won’t happen again in the future.

Not good enough. This is not something you, as a company, can simply shrug off with "oops, we'll try not to do it again." The impact is too big, affecting too many players.

It's been my observation that (Korean) MMO devs/publishers can be very arrogant and callous toward their (western) customers. They expect us to eat up whatever crap sandwich they feel like serving. Here some valuable resources are being reduced to one copper each. For no good reason, even. There's no good reason to change the old items into new items and antiquate the old ones, if their function remains the same as it was before. It's a plain ripoff.

Now add the fact that the new event features the  two dungeons involved with the orbs and the players suddenly lack the means to complete a part of the event... by design and not changing, huh? You will not get another cent from me until something approaching fair compensation is given for this orb-demonstone caper.

• Like 1

My one, two thoughts

Heavens Mandate, Cold Storage
Earlier, you said: The Dungeons will change, White orbs no longer needed.
We all were happy. Finally. We can play it like other dungeons.
And what happend? You changed nothing. You only renamed the item. Works the same as before.

On top of this, old items we saved for month/years are antiquated now.
But no 1 to 1 trade. You simply removed them. Explanation: based on design.
Your design can't trade? Very hard to believe.
And at least it can not give out gold anymore? Only 1 chopper? You really thing, this is right?

Event: Heavens Mandate
How to play it? Some bought white orbs before. Wanted to exchange them and use for the event. But they only lost gold again. Orbs are useless. And where is the new item to play Mandate? Daily 1/6 Shards. So i need 6 days to get 1 without alts. We need 1 a day for this event. And of course, you put them in F10 Store as daily special. Only 15 coins (for 1 shard). And i read the rare vendor in CS has it. 5 Shards for 50g. I almost forgot, Trove. You are kidding us again. First removing our old item for 1 copper, then sell the new item for a lot gold or real money to play a event?

Old event: Lovestruck Coin
Still have some left. Useless now too. Because i can't make Vials anymore. Like i said, your great idea with no replacement for Demon Spirit Stones.

ToI:
Enter only with level 60. Yes, you can reach it fast. But i still lost a day. And this is part if the daily event too. Another great idea. "You want play this event here? Then play first the new, rare released story part. And don't enjoy it, just go through quickly."

Gems, Gem Powder, Solar Energy:
"The transmutation cost has been reduced"
"Gems cost in the Dragon Express have been greatly reduced"

Really?
You can't buy them with powder anymore. Only with Solar Energy and Tickets.
Hexa, Hepta Tickets as rare drop or from Events. And we get only 4 Solar Energy each day. Need them for other things too. You need hundreds of those. How many years should i do the daily?

And you removed the source to get Powder. Forgot to mention it, hu?
Only salvage Octa+ gives Powder back. But you also need Powder to make them.
No Octa-Gem as drop or ticket.
The only way to get Powder: Trove, F10. (the rare BT Drop is no real source)
F5 price will go up high. And later it will be rare.

Reduced states again:
You did the same last year. Had 65% critical and fall down to 53%. Do you know how hard it was to go back to 60%? Now the Number went up 9000 to 9700. But i still lost %. I'm back at 53%. Other states went down too.

Gold
reduction again.

Inventory
A lot new items and not a single inventory row for non premium user. You did gave 1 row in the past. Now only for premium user. And a complete tab.

FM
...is now no fun anymore with the new skill system. Block only at frost, instant inferno only with 5 embers, the combo calculation with the timer for burning, cooldowns and buffs. And 1 mistake in the long combo and she is destroid. Much less dps.

370 pet pods

Trove, new F10 Store Bundle working fine.

No real explanation about everything new in this patch. And now, deadly silence about the issues.

Did i miss something?

16 minutes ago, Zini said:

My one, two thoughts

Heavens Mandate, Cold Storage
Earlier, you said: The Dungeons will change, White orbs no longer needed.
We all were happy. Finally. We can play it like other dungeons.
And what happend? You changed nothing. You only renamed the item. Works the same as before.

On top of this, old items we saved for month/years are antiquated now.
But no 1 to 1 trade. You simply removed them. Explanation: based on design.
Your design can't trade? Very hard to believe.
And at least it can not give out gold anymore? Only 1 chopper? You really thing, this is right?

Event: Heavens Mandate
How to play it? Some bought white orbs before. Wanted to exchange them and use for the event. But they only lost gold again. Orbs are useless. And where is the new item to play Mandate? Daily 1/6 Shards. So i need 6 days to get 1 without alts. We need 1 a day for this event. And of course, you put them in F10 Store as daily special. Only 15 coins (for 1 shard). And i read the rare vendor in CS has it. 5 Shards for 50g. I almost forgot, Trove. You are kidding us again. First removing our old item for 1 copper, then sell the new item for a lot gold or real money to play a event?

Old event: Lovestruck Coin
Still have some left. Useless now too. Because i can't make Vials anymore. Like i said, your great idea with no replacement for Demon Spirit Stones.

ToI:
Enter only with level 60. Yes, you can reach it fast. But i still lost a day. And this is part if the daily event too. Another great idea. "You want play this event here? Then play first the new, rare released story part. And don't enjoy it, just go through quickly."

Gems, Gem Powder, Solar Energy:

Really?
Hexa, Hepta Tickets as rare drop or from Events. And we get only 4 Solar Energy each day. Need them for other things too. You need hundreds of those. How many years should i do the daily?

F5 price will go up high. And later it will be rare.

Reduced states again:
You did the same last year. Had 65% critical and fall down to 53%. Do you know how hard it was to go back to 60%? Now the Number went up 9000 to 9700. But i still lost %. I'm back at 53%. Other states went down too.

Gold
reduction again.

Inventory
A lot new items and not a single inventory row for non premium user. You did gave 1 row in the past. Now only for premium user. And a complete tab.

FM
...is now no fun anymore with the new skill system. Block only at frost, instant inferno only with 5 embers, the combo calculation with the timer for burning, cooldowns and buffs. And 1 mistake in the long combo and she is destroid. Much less dps.

370 pet pods

Trove, new F10 Store Bundle working fine.

No real explanation about everything new in this patch. And now, deadly silence about the issues.

Did i miss something?

I agree. But, most of creatures and bosses are at level 60 or below so technically your critical rate should be the same. New rate is against 60+ creatures. For anything below your previous should apply or even bit higher than previous.

8 hours ago, Oryani said:

I wonder if this falls under false advertising, which to my knowledge isn't legal, any lawyers play this game?

Its called 'bait and switch' when something is advertised and they give something else that is not part of the original advertisement. This is what NCsoft did and that is illegal as if violates consumer protection laws.

Citation for verification: https://consumer.laws.com/deceptive-advertising/bait-and-switch-advertising

• Like 2

<Gems, Gem Powder, Solar Energy:

Really?

F5 price will go up high. And later it will be rare.>

The kicker is you need 2 gem powders to trasmute from hex to hept, but you don't get the powders back if you salvage a hept...

Hello everyone,

I understand the frustration and the anger, but man, the way some of us act entitled and allow themselves to be insulting towards the staff is mind-boggling.

One can ask for compensation and justice in a respectful way.

That being said, good news for all:

Thanks to the players who raised the issue and respectfully requested a compensation without giving themselves the "right" to demean or insult other people / the staff.

54 minutes ago, Pimboli said:

Hello everyone,

I understand the frustration and the anger, but man, the way some of us act entitled and allow themselves to be insulting towards the staff is mind-boggling.

Thanks to the players who raised the issue and respectfully requested a compensation without giving themselves the "right" to demean or insult other people / the staff.

I don't support people who are insulting the staff, but THEY are insulting us , the community, by acting like that.

They don t respect us, we all invest time/$ in this game and surprize buttsex ! 

Stop suckin their dick, they are doing a really bad job.

BTW the compensation doesn't even cover 1% of what most of us has lost...

• Like 1

I just can't be arsed to spam CS resets again to craft my oils, I was doing it 2-3 years ago and got more than enough demon spirit stones. Its dumb and boring and...

At start I taught its just mistake they didn't add exchange for those items, but now I see its all "smart" business plan to make us spend money on "new" stuff, buy resets, trove more...

Well it wont work on me, subscription already canceled.

• Like 1

Well I leaving the game mostly because of this . Right now it is even worse P2W than before if is it even possible. And when they took off my long term farm...no reason stay in game.

This game have at least for me greatest combat system, but it is not enough.

Anyway I can not even imagine how can new player join into game :)

But for all which like this changes, I wish only the best.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

Its called 'bait and switch' when something is advertised and they give something else that is not part of the original advertisement. This is what NCsoft did and that is illegal as if violates consumer protection laws.

Citation for verification: https://consumer.laws.com/deceptive-advertising/bait-and-switch-advertising

Thanks good to know but pretty sure NC doesn't give a plog about that cause they going get away with it.

4 hours ago, Pimboli said:

Hello everyone,

Yeah no offense 7 days of a ounce per a account pouch won't give me back the over 100 demons tones, white orbs and resets i lost..... that pouch is a  poor attempt of putting a bandaid on a festering wound, not going to work. My premium is canceled and the 50 bucks i wnate dto spend i on Trove i spend on Warframe instead sorry NC NOT SORRY

Edited by Oryani
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oryani said:

Thanks good to know but pretty sure NC doesn't give a plog about that cause they going get away with it.

If a player or players obtained the services required to challenge this, NCWest is under US jurisdiction and law governing consumers. That makes NCsoft liable too as the parent company of NCWest. NCsoft has no recourse but to care. The absolute worse case scenario is NCsoft pulls the plug on NCWest shuttering the doors of the game in the US. However, not before they had to settle the issue if they were unable to have the suit squashed. This would be as ugly as it was between Harmony Gold and FASA in terms of public opinion and company imagine damaged by the facts of the suit not including the results. Until someone acts in a manner to hold gaming corporations accountable for such acts that NCsoft pulled, they'll continue to act in their best interest while turning a deaf ear to their customers. Sooner or later, the company will find themselves suffering financially because of it.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, Miayu said:

This is not OK you lied to us!!! People held on to their white orbs or bought them even, because you told they'd be exchangable for the new variants. But that's not the worst part, the worst part are the demon spirit stones! Everyone could have crafted their oils before the patch, but some didn't because you told they'd be exchangable for the lesser demon spirit stones. But this was a lie and cause many people not being able to craft oils anymore. I could have crafted over a hundred myself... First time ever I'm seriously thinking of just ragequitting over this.

So they held out on crafting them in hopes of getting even more stones? Hmm, always a gamble and well looks like everyone lost. See this is why you craft them when your able to.

5 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

So they held out on crafting them in hopes of getting even more stones? Hmm, always a gamble and well looks like everyone lost. See this is why you craft them when your able to.

The problem is this :

CN9Qv0B.png

It's the official account. Naturally people or most people will take it.  and then turned out they have "miscommunication"  and thus cucked alot of people.  Anger and outrages are expected as we see people don't enjoy being lied on especially by the supposed official account.  It also bring the integrity and trustworthiness of the company into question. Can we trust these people ?  Considering to see that people who implement the update and the one publishing and answering to public seems to live in different room and never talk to each other.

You can take the loss and shrug it, good for you. But you have to understand that there always many that dissatisfied with their experience and tbh they have all the rights to get angry atm, and compensation is a clear answer. 

Even if they put a Hongmoon Ascension Pack in the HM Store, it's still 1 Orb and 1 CS/HM Reset against my following items:

-8 White Orb;

-56 Demon Spirit Stones;

-65 Black Feather;

-2 CS reset;

Wait, did I read here that White Orb and Demon Spirit Stone were worth of gold? Did I lose a possible 500g and I am always striving for gold, because I am always poor and the stuff I need to bid or buy is always so expensive? Ok, I guess I will stay poor forever.

It. Ain't. Cool! :HajoonConfused::HajoonConfused: